Encore:
    No Devotion (Revolting Cocks)
    Supernaut (Sabbath/1000 Homo DJ's)

Encore 2:
    The Land of Rape & Honey
    (Everyday Is) Halloween (acoustic)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Absolutely incredible experience, and I cannot thank @roolfdriht enough for offering me his extra ticket. Just when I was sure I was going to have to sit this one out, you came through in the clutch!

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cold Cave kicks ass! Was very pleased to see the crowd respond positively to them.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Now that's a setlist i can get behind!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm so pumped, I have tickets for the LA show next Tuesday!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I'm so pumped, I have tickets for the LA show next Tuesday!
    I hope they come to my town, with that set i would gladly see them again!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Still nothing off Twitch.....I wasn't expecting any With Sympathy songs (obv) but I kind of expected him to bust out a couple Twitch era songs...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Okaaay...

So I picked up that Trax! Box that Cleopatra put out a few years ago and... I'm happy with it. I wanted to pick-up the corrected pressing of the Side Trax CD by Ryko but Discogs didn't have any... so... may as well just replace the whole 5-disc series, along with Twelve Inch Singles with this new box set but also get rarities and a concert 12" as well.

I like the book that comes with it, but if you read it now you have to realize it was right before Al started to embrace his With Sympathy era...

Had no idea that there was a dub version of Supernaut.

The vinyl is good in quality. No defects with mine and has a good inherent volume.

So yeah, if you wanted to binge on, like... 10 hours of early Ministry (etc.), check it out.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It's probably the best Ministry setlist I have ever seen. It's like something straight out of the 90s. I would totally go see Ministry again if that was the regular setlist.
    I saw 2 shows (2004 solo show and a festival show in 2015), and that was more than enough for me because I can't get into his new stuff. I appreciate the fact he is still going strong and making music at his age, but the music just isn't what it used to be.

He looks great for his age though. Considering all the years of drugs and alcohol he's done.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I have an extra ticket to the 4/23 gig, asking price is $75. It gets you into the doc screening, panel, and Q & A as well as the concert. PM me if you're interested!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone know if Paul was part of the panel in Chicago or Toronto? I know he was originally supposed to be, but he wasn't in NY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard anything (for those of you who have gone to the screening/show) of the venue letting in those who had the free tickets but didn’t guarantee entry in?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    What time has everyone been getting to the venue? I don’t want to miss anything but I fear I might if I have to wait for a friend to get off of work at 5pm and then drive to LA from San diego

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tell him to get off early!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What time has everyone been getting to the venue? I don’t want to miss anything but I fear I might if I have to wait for a friend to get off of work at 5pm and then drive to LA from San diego
    I was in line for the Brooklyn show at 4:10, which left me maybe 30ish people from the front of the VIP line. I’d guess there were at least 40-50 people in the GA line at that time. Either way, definitely a good call to arrive reasonably early.

Separately, looks like Austin didn’t get LORAH. Maybe it was a last minute call, but if there had been any chance to plan for a slightly shorter set, it should have been a no-brainer to skip one of the warhorses instead - So What being top of my list.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Never thought I'd see this

Last edited by imail724; 04-22-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    After all that's happened, it's amazing to see that. Nothing's impossible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    that photo makes me smile.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hell has frozen over.

Let's cancel the next few Ministry albums and get Barker back into the fold for some new music input.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    What’s the story between Al and Paul? I don’t know any details minus the fact that Paul was sick of Al’s drug use. Is there more to the story than that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What’s the story between Al and Paul? I don’t know any details minus the fact that Paul was sick of Al’s drug use. Is there more to the story than that?
    Disclaimer, I could be off a bit on the details here but in Al's book (going on memory here) he basically accuses Paul, Chris Connelly and Bill Rieflin of stealing from him and taking over the band. Like they were concerned about the bands finances and the drug use preventing the band from moving forward (god forbid) or something like that. So, Barker (according to Al) took over the band for a stretch of years, from Palsm 69 to Animositiasomina, as he was sober. Al eventually got 'clean-ish' and felt that Barker and his 'book club' friends (Rieflin/Connelly) had taken the band in the wrong direction. Leads up to Barker leaving and Ministry turning into a metal act for the better part of the last 15 years. Al held a pretty big grudge for whatever reason. He was asked in an interview about Barker and said he was '....only the bassist and Spinal Tap had like 15 of those.." Then when pressed about the drummers in the band he said "Whatever..." But time heals wounds and the initial anger of it all passes, and I guess he ultimately thought he was being taken advantage of by his band mates (I look at it like they were 'working around Al' and not with him because he had a hard time contributing due to his drug issues). I am sure, looking back at it now, he probably views it a little bit differently and not with the harsh lenses he did at first.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I know when Al and Chris reconciled there was a whole thing about Al's ex-wife manipulating him while he was at his lowest, and essentially turning him and his friends/bandmates against each other. If that was true for Chris, I'm sure it played a role with Paul as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have standby ticket for tomorrow night in LA...but I really want to see the film screening. Hoping the line isn't a fiasco... Planning on getting down there early, hoping I can find a plus on into the screening and Q&A. Getting to Ameoba at 6 am didn't cut it on RSD.
    I love Cold Cave too, and am excited to see them since I missed the last go-around with Psychic TV...last time I saw them was last June at the Fonda. (An excellent show).

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post
    I have standby ticket for tomorrow night in LA...but I really want to see the film screening. Hoping the line isn't a fiasco... Planning on getting down there early, hoping I can find a plus on into the screening and Q&A. Getting to Ameoba at 6 am didn't cut it on RSD.
    I love Cold Cave too, and am excited to see them since I missed the last go-around with Psychic TV...last time I saw them was last June at the Fonda. (An excellent show).
    See you there!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jello Biafra showed up for LORAH last night. I was actually wondering if he would make an appearance and had my fingers crossed for NY (I don't know where he lives, but I assume CA). Same setlist though, no Lard songs unfortunately.

Also, looks like Chris Connelly sat this one out?
    Last edited by imail724; 04-23-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I don't think their current drummer is doing justice to Burning Inside, tbh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Considering it's only one drummer, I'd imagine not. Was there a click track. Some have a hard time playing to that. I know Jordison did.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So I'm first in the standby line, and there's abut 20 people here so far, and most of them have the VIP tickets.
    Just ran into notoriustimp ! Yay! Come find me...I'm wearing joy division Doc's. And a NIN hoodie.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    To be fair, the combo of Rieflin/Atkins did the definitive version...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Had a fuckin' blast last night at the Industrial Accident event in LA! Managed to secure a spot on the rail and had one of the best concert experiences ever. Here are a few shots I took...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Signed by Paul Barker and Groovie Mann!

Groovie kisses me every time we meet

Chattin' it up with Groovie while he signs my Cash Grab boxset

Met Tony Hawk as well!

The screening begins!

Q&A Panel after the screening. It was cool hearing stories from Groovie (who was really drunk at this point) and Paul, I just wish it was structured better.