Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2018.09.18-19 Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    i decided not to do Red Rocks- would’ve had to take three days off work in the middle of a work week. I did manage to get a work trip around the Phoenix shows so attended both and they did not disappoint.

Really wish I was going to these two shows, especially after the two Phoenix nights. Have fun kids, and safe travels.
    Ah, hell.
    Well at least you got to see that incredible setlist!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Edit:
    Hot damn!
    So the wife and I DID manage to get tickets for tuesday, so now we're going to both shows.

This feels like a "once in a lifetime" special type of thing to me and I just can't believe it!
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-16-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I really appreciate it, @themethatyouknow . I need to get off my ass more and go up there; my brother and his wife and kids have lived there for like almost four years, and it's only like 5.5 hours from where I live, but I've only visited twice. I'm looking to turn that around.

So are you guys starting to get hyped up yet?!? @ImTheWiseJanitor ? @sickamongthepure ? @Bachy ? @sick among the pure ? @Krazy ?

Alrea, I haven't seen nin since that show in OK back when you were still @Alrea and I was still @eleven11 .
    Ten fucking years!

I'm all manic and shit. I didn't sleep. We're heading out in a few hours.
    This will be my overall tenth time seeing NIN live. I’ve managed to avoid any spoilers for this tour thus far. I can’t wait to see what Trent has in store. I may actually be more excited to finally see Red Rocks up close than I am for NIN. Should be quite the show.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    This will be my overall tenth time seeing NIN live. I’ve managed to avoid any spoilers for this tour thus far. I can’t wait to see what Trent has in store. I may actually be more excited to finally see Red Rocks up close than I am for NIN. Should be quite the show.
    Hell yes!
    These will be my fifth and sixth NIN shows, but also my first time seeing them since 08.

A couple of weeks ago I didn't think we would actually get to go to ONE night. The fact that I just found out a few hours ago that we 're going to both has got me so ridiculously excited that I can't sleep.

Oh and hey, @ImTheWiseJanitor , my brother has an incredible tattoo artist he uses in denver; I will get his name and show you his work as soon as I can.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-16-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    . I may actually be more excited to finally see Red Rocks up close than I am for NIN.

I’d go see Nickelback play Red Rocks.

Seriously though, by far and away my favorite venue. Post up your reviews of the place itself, and don’t forget to visit the small museum. Also if you’re arriving into the area the day before the show try to make into Red Rocks. It’s all accessible, even the stage. You can seriously just walk right on it. There will be runners going up and down the steps getting their work out in. And for those that aren’t used to high altitudes, yes it takes a bit more out of you.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Seriously though, by far and away my favorite venue. Post up your reviews of the place itself, and don’t forget to visit the small museum. Also if you’re arriving into the area the day before the show try to make into Red Rocks. It’s all accessible, even the stage. You can seriously just walk right on it. There will be runners going up and down the steps getting their work out in. And for those that aren’t used to high altitudes, yes it takes a bit more out of you.
    Got in not too long ago, if I’m not dead tired from the drive that sounds amazing. Stand on the stage and look out on the day before the show? That sounds awesome!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Do we know exact set times for Red Rocks? Does the venue have a curfew or anything?
    Hmmm...all I could find about a curfew is this article from 2015:
    http://www.cpr.org/news/story/new-no...2015-red-rocks

11:45pm on weeknights. That's promising.

And in Phoenix, NIN was on at 9:15 or so. I'd assume that holds for these shows as well. Hopefully with the longer curfew we got longer shows!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Checking in again. Got our flight from KC to Den headed out this evening! Tickets for both nights- seats then GA, this is like a major bucket list type item for me. Not just Red Rocks, but NIN at Red Rocks! I think this will be show 8 & 9 for me?

No hotel for tonight- any recommendations where to stay?

Got a rental car.
    A little worried our tickets are that flash seating through that app/AXS so I hope that works but I'm sure this big venue has that worked out.

I still need to pack, I have so much to do at work for this week. I hope we can enjoy Denver and not just work the whole time. Hope to see some of you all there!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Walking from my car uphill all the way to the venue for Gorillaz wiped my ass OUT. I get used to high altitudes quickly and I’m not in particularly bad shape either. Those slopes don’t fuck around if you’re on foot. But it’s crazy how you can just go there during the day. They even have yoga sessions where everyone brings their mats to the stands and sets up and does their thing. Very cool place.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So who all has GA for tomorrow night? You guys wanna try to sit together?

edit: i ask this because, as you guys know if you read my posts, i have TERRIBLE fucking anxiety including social anxiety.

I WOULD try to arrange a Denver meet-up were it not for the anxiety issue.

But sitting together and talking a little: that i know i could handle.

THAT BEING SAID

if you guys wind up doing a meet-up, DO hit me up. i MIGHT come, depending on how i'm feeling.

I promise i'm not as annoying or crazy IRL as my internet persona might lead you to believe: i get manic, i post weird shit, i drive people crazy, fucking paranoia sets in...
    i'm not that way in meatspace. i'm actually usually pretty fucking laid back.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-17-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ No idea what time I’m getting there for sure, but I’d be down for whatever! If nothing else there’s always after the shows or whenever anyone else is free. I’d be down to meet some of you too! Even if it ends up being coincidental. I know I personally won’t have a lot of phone time until I get to my air bnb, but with all of us here for the week I’m sure we can figure something out. If not, there’s always the unspoken camaraderie of seeing what will inevitably be an incredible show/shows together and splurging our feelings here afterward.

Money’s gonna be a little tight until I get all the merch I plan on getting, but money and time allowing, I’d be up for a meetup elsewhere, too! Ya know, drinks or something.

I’m doing all my packing now. Then I’m gonna clean up my scruffy-ass face and shave my head and pass out, so tomorrow - be on the lookout for the bald, bearded dude in the red Demon Seed t-shirt! IT IS FINALLY UPON US!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm so jealous of all of you going tonight! Red Rocks is a bucket list thing for me, too, and seeing NIN there would just be perfect. But I couldn't make these dates work out. I hope you all have an amazing time, and that they play a killer set list full of surprises tonight!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm going to be by myself tonight in row 45, seat 147 (right near the end/aisle) and will be wearing a light gray baseball cap with a NIN patch in the middle of it along with a black "TED CRUZ IS THE ZODIAC KILLER" shirt on. Say hi if you happen to be walking by and see me!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What @magnolia said. I'm so insanely jealous of those of you attending tonight and/or tomorrow's show. Hope your setlists are just as great as they were for me and as always, please post plenty of merch booth pics (focusing primarily on the poster for tonight and tomorrow lol).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have two extra tickets to the show tonight if anyone wants them. I can't go- so bummed. 36th row center. Will transfer to you. I don't want them to go to waste.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybug3 View Post
    I have two extra tickets to the show tonight if anyone wants them. I can't go- so bummed. 36th row center. Will transfer to you. I don't want them to go to waste.
    Sent you a message

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    God this venue is beautiful!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    God this venue is beautiful!
    Just wait until the sun goes down a bit more. Seeing Denver open up behind the stage at dusk is incredible!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I’m in traffic on my way up the mountain now! If you see a bearded guy driving a Kia Soul plastered with Night Vale and Metal Gear stickers with a NIN decal, that’s me! I’ll be seeing y’all there!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Holy Christ, this merch line. At this rate I’ll be lucky if there’s anything left by the time I get up there. By the way, I’m in shorts, Demon Seed t-shirt, black and red checkered/plaid overshirt, bald, black beard, sweat brown hat, heh.

That being said, if someone up front wants to grab me a show poster, I can literally PayPal you RIGHT now. And a drink. Because that thing looks dope.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Holy Christ, this merch line. At this rate I’ll be lucky if there’s anything left by the time I get up there. By the way, I’m in shorts, Demon Seed t-shirt, black and red checkered/plaid overshirt, bald, black beard, sweat brown hat, heh.

That being said, if someone up front wants to grab me a show poster, I can literally PayPal you RIGHT now. And a drink. Because that thing looks dope.
    Dude, I got in about 15 minutes ago and immediately got into that mass of idiots. Five people squeezed in ahead of me and two people in front of me got the last poster. I'm so fucking pissed.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Somewhat Damaged!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    TDTWWA!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)