Page 64 of 135 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    That picture of John 5 and the cake reminds me: I'm not a big Rob Zombie fan, but I still regularly check out all the stuff J5 does post-Manson because I got to meet him once and he left a great impression on me. He was incredibly sweet to me despite being a spazzy, 16-year-old Manson fangirl who was probably annoying as hell to talk to. He posts random snippets of his guitar practice on instagram all the time, he's a pretty talented guy.
    John 5 is a great musician. I regularly listen to his solo stuff and think about how great Manson could have stayed if 5 wasn't booted out

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    This reminds me.

I'm convinced at this point that Manson requires that the guys in his band all have the absolute most fucked up, horrible makeup. I can't be the only one who notices this right? None of them are bad looking dudes, but they all look goddamn hideous on stage and not in an "Oooh spooky" way. They all look like they're wearing somebody else's face skin as a mask but it doesn't come across in the badass horror movie way, it comes across like it would if you actually saw somebody wearing somebody else's face. I say bring back Skold, idk if he plays guitar but somebody needs to teach these dudes wtf they're doing.
    Its because back in the good ol days ,most of the band members would be wearing make up on a daily basis ,it wasnt just a stage thing ,you would often see MM ,Twiggy,Pogo in public places with make up on ,so it was more natural looking.

Now the "band " is mostly hired guns so its always kind of odd looking imo ,specially Tyler Bates

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Aw, found the guy who's never seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Its because back in the good ol days ,most of the band members would be wearing make up on a daily basis ,it wasnt just a stage thing ,you would often see MM ,Twiggy,Pogo in public places with make up on ,so it was more natural looking.
    Eh, I don't know about that. Even Manson doesn't wear make-up when he's out and about. He walks around like a chubby dad in a t-shirt. He certainly isn't dressed in a leather suit or whatever the hell it is he wears when he's 'on.'

I was discussing it in more detail elsewhere and at first I guessed it was because back in the day, they were kind of legit rock stars in a big band so they likely had professionals to handle that shit. Then I thought it might be because Manson and his band used to do music videos, promo photoshoots, and like MTV red carpets or whatever. Thennn I thought about it further and realized... Other than Manson and Twiggy (who some will argue aped that whole character from Jessicka/Courtney Love/Gidget Gein), I don't feel like any of their makeup was ever actually that impressive looking. Am I off base? I guess there's a point to be made that they didn't look like Sacha Baron Cohen in Who Is America, which means they were at least doing something right. But honestly, Pogo looked cool from time to time but nothing to write home about and Skold had his shit locked down, but... I can't recall any real noteworthy looks for John 5, he didn't start doing cool shit with his makeup until Zombie. Ginger? Zim Zum?

Is my premise that MM's band used to look cool incorrect? Am I remembering them looking cool because I was a teenager?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No, they looked cool. They weren't Hollywood effects cool, but they were "I could do that" cool.

Eyeliner and lipstick is all you really need

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Eh, I don't know about that. Even Manson doesn't wear make-up when he's out and about. He walks around like a chubby dad in a t-shirt. He certainly isn't dressed in a leather suit or whatever the hell it is he wears when he's 'on.'

I was discussing it in more detail elsewhere and at first I guessed it was because back in the day, they were kind of legit rock stars in a big band so they likely had professionals to handle that shit. Then I thought it might be because Manson and his band used to do music videos, promo photoshoots, and like MTV red carpets or whatever. Thennn I thought about it further and realized... Other than Manson and Twiggy (who some will argue aped that whole character from Jessicka/Courtney Love/Gidget Gein), I don't feel like any of their makeup was ever actually that impressive looking. Am I off base? I guess there's a point to be made that they didn't look like Sacha Baron Cohen in Who Is America, which means they were at least doing something right. But honestly, Pogo looked cool from time to time but nothing to write home about and Skold had his shit locked down, but... I can't recall any real noteworthy looks for John 5, he didn't start doing cool shit with his makeup until Zombie. Ginger? Zim Zum?

Is my premise that MM's band used to look cool incorrect? Am I remembering them looking cool because I was a teenager?
    Possibly. I think John 5's exaggerated manson family X on his forehead during the holy wood tour was cool. But then I was 15 or something back then. Bit of both, most likely

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    jones beach show canceled due to heavy storms. dude does NOT have good luck with new york area shows lately...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tyler Bates was on Howard Stern with David Hasselhoff...Apparently he is now playing music with Hasselhoff....For real....Which is still probably a step up from Manson

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Tyler Bates was on Howard Stern with David Hasselhoff...Apparently he is now playing music with Hasselhoff....For real....Which is still probably a step up from Manson
    It is. After all, how can you turn down the offer to work with someone who did this?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson Sexual Assault Case Declined by D.A., L.A. District Attorney will not pursue charges related to alleged 2011 incident. Weird that this is now news.

https://pitchfork.com/news/marilyn-manson-sexual-assault-case-declined-by-da/?mbid=social_twitter

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I actually hadn't even heard of the 2011 allegations. Are there any more details about this anywhere?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i don't know much about these charges, but i'm shocked that there hasn't been many more. this creep has done so many awful things with both men and women, most of which are well documented. he's an absolute piece of garbage. i *wish* someone would come forward and make this dopey, untalented clown responsible. he's way overdue for it.
    Last edited by kel; 08-10-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The girl who made the claim was a self proclaimed groupie who hung around the band for many years, but stopped getting passes and access to Manson when he was with his gf at the time. She made up a number of fake claims, that they were in a relationship, that he wanted to leave his gf for this groupie and just tons of other wacko stuff. She followed Manson around LA and was pretty much stalking him. It was an absolute fabrication, and she used the whole situation as a publicity stunt to her "clothing line" and other web presence. It was more a case of she felt ditched, and tried to make a splash with this shocking news - but there was absolutely nothing to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to The Twins of Evil tour show in Dallas last night and Manson put on a good performance. Rob Zombie put on a excellent performance too. Manson joined him on stage and they performed part of the Beautiful People and then Helter Skelter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    I went to The Twins of Evil tour show in Dallas last night and Manson put on a good performance. Rob Zombie put on a excellent performance too. Manson joined him on stage and they performed part of the Beautiful People and then Helter Skelter.
    I am at the Houston show right now and it is not good. Manson came on 17 mins late, did 5 songs (with looooong pauses in between) and couldn’t stand up for more than a minute or two. Hopefully Zombie will come on earlier to make up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just heard about that. The Marilyn Manson cult page members on Facebook is butting heads and is in a uproar over this.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Guy needs to just throw in the towel for playing live shows already. He's obviously not physically capable of touring anymore.

He's just ruining his legacy at this point.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Guy needs to just throw in the towel for playing live shows already. He's obviously not physically capable of touring anymore.

He's just ruining his legacy at this point.
    What legacy? He isnt exactly Joy Division or The Cure...His "legacy" is he was basically a 2nd rate Alice Cooper who pissed off the religious right for a couple years in the mid 90s and gave angry 9th and 10th graders music to listen to....His one great record was when he was Trent Reznor's bitch and did what his daddy Trent told him to do, and he had one decent record where he ripped Bowie off the entire album...Then for the past 18 years he has been forgotten about. His legacy fits somewhere in between Korn and Limp Bizkit and Coal Chamber when all is said and done....His fans these days who are 30 and over mostly have sentimental feelings about him because he was the music of their adolescence, the same way Gen Xers waxed poetic about Kiss in the mid 90s
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 08-19-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I had a feeling someone was going to get butthurt over the use of the word "legacy"

Guy had a huge impact on the music scene between '97 and "01. It's undeniable. If you think Manson is on the same playing field as Coal chamber or... *choke*... Limp Bizkit, you're insane.

Sure, his best record was basically written and composed by Trent, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a huge impact on the music scene. And holy wood was a fantastic record as well. His true " swan song" in my mind when it comes to his discography.

At one point, he was the smartest man in the room. Just listen to any interview up until about late 2001, early 2002. He could have been something big, but he couldn't shake the partying lifestyle all his peers could. It is what it is. Nothing can be done about it now. It's just sad to watch a man near 50 dig his own grave while everyone watches.

Hope he gets some help. I'm surprised nobody has given this man an intervention yet. If I were his band I'd refuse to play another show until he was able to stand on his own 2 feet again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It’s obvious the guy needs help, I hope he gets it soon. It wasn’t fun to watch someone go through that on stage. Never been a big Manson fan but I have to say, his voice sounded great from what little he gave tonight.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this just sounds bad... like "and then he died" kind of shit.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Manson has devolved into Scott Stapp circa 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure, his best record was basically written and composed by Trent
    Trent did not write any of Manson's songs for Antichrist Superstar.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Guy had a huge impact on the music scene between '97 and "01. It's undeniable. If you think Manson is on the same playing field as Coal chamber or... *choke*... Limp Bizkit, you're insane.
    And on top of it, we can't underestimate his cultural impact beyond music! He entered the vocabulary of everyday society the way no other 90s band has: people who never heard of NIN or Nirvana or anyone else will know MM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    What legacy? He isnt exactly Joy Division or The Cure...His "legacy" is he was basically a 2nd rate Alice Cooper who pissed off the religious right for a couple years in the mid 90s and gave angry 9th and 10th graders music to listen to....His one great record was when he was Trent Reznor's bitch and did what his daddy Trent told him to do, and he had one decent record where he ripped Bowie off the entire album...Then for the past 18 years he has been forgotten about. His legacy fits somewhere in between Korn and Limp Bizkit and Coal Chamber when is said and done....His fans these days who are 30 and over mostly have sentimental feelings about him because he was the music of their adolescence, the same way Gen Xers waxed poetic about Kiss in the mid 90s
    Kiiiinda have to agree. We can safely say it's been what, ~15 years since MM was anywhere near his peak? Nobody talks about him outside a few music forums and his own dwindling fanbase. He isn't on anniversary edition magazine covers. Nobody's covering his stuff. Is he gonna keep drawing a crowd? Sure. Will he be as revered as say Bowie, etc? Nah.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    Trent did not write any of Manson's songs for Antichrist Superstar.
    Trent is credited as co-writing and/or performing on several songs, Reflecting God is one that comes to mind. I do think it's pretty undeniable what he did for that record as far as a production standpoint, though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    And on top of it, we can't underestimate his cultural impact beyond music! He entered the vocabulary of everyday society the way no other 90s band has: people who never heard of NIN or Nirvana or anyone else will know MM.
    Yeah, he was a household name for sure. For better or for worse, everyone was talking about him.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    They're saying it was "food poisoning" now blaming him for his show last night.
    But, from how they are describing how he was, those don't sound like any symptoms of food poisoning to me.

he was "mostly stationary and visibly shaking at times." Upon finishing "Sweet Dreams", Manson "collapsed on top of one of the monitors," the site reported. "Roadies could be seen on the side of the stage worriedly contemplating on whether or not to assist him."
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mar...ood-poisoning/