Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Honestly, I don't actually hate any band or group at all..I feel like that in some way, there is talent somewhere.
    If there is something I dont like, then I ignore it, I dotn go on a rampage about how much I hate it
    So even if Nickelback is....boring and repetitive..I honestly don't think they deserve to be pelted with rocks..that shit ain't cool yo. They are normal people just like you
    and say what you want about Bizkit, they have SOME good stuff, I just think people are taking them to seriously. I mean, Fred isn't really an asshole as he was back then....actually he is pretty nice and caring to his fans.
    I still find something to like about them...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    didn't watch it. but lady gaga SLAYED the national anthem. so at least SOMETHING good happened (also, my wife's cousin billy sang in the military choir before gaga)
    I heard that the Grammy's will have Lady Gaga do a tribute to Bowie and I think that would actually be really fitting

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I heard that the Grammy's will have Lady Gaga do a tribute to Bowie and I think that would actually be really fitting
    Agreed......

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Honestly, I don't actually hate any band or group at all..I feel like that in some way, there is talent somewhere.
    If there is something I dont like, then I ignore it, I dotn go on a rampage about how much I hate it
    So even if Nickelback is....boring and repetitive..I honestly don't think they deserve to be pelted with rocks..that shit ain't cool yo. They are normal people just like you
    and say what you want about Bizkit, they have SOME good stuff, I just think people are taking them to seriously. I mean, Fred isn't really an asshole as he was back then....actually he is pretty nice and caring to his fans.
    I still find something to like about them...
    Yeah but its a shitty music thread on the internet and we're not actually pelting anyone with rocks. And I'm sorry but if somebody in music who you think suck puts themselves on every TV show known to man and just annoyingly hypes themselves up, you should be allowed to get annoyed by it and have somewhere to express that irritation

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    My dad only watched a few minutes of it and his response is classic, "what is this shit?" Dullplay, Bitch-Bey, and Rockwell 2.0 do fucking suck. Lady Gaga however, fucking killed it with the anthem. That was something me and parents also agree on. My mom loves Lady Gaga.
    I wouldn't call her music "shitty," but she does nothing for me either. At least she's interesting.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Looking at this full video of it, why does Chris Martin have that weird loping gait when he's performing? At 9.30 its like he's being led by Beyonce like a dog

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Yeah but its a shitty music thread on the internet and we're not actually pelting anyone with rocks. And I'm sorry but if somebody in music who you think suck puts themselves on every TV show known to man and just annoyingly hypes themselves up, you should be allowed to get annoyed by it and have somewhere to express that irritation
    That's been an argument time and time again in this thread, but yeah, it's a place made specifically to joyously shit on bands we don't like or downright loathe. And it's not like we're mailing those with regular updates about how shitty we think they are...
    But I guess it's just the "they're normal people" argument that gets to me. I mean, yeah, precisely. They're not precious little snowflakes. When they suck, it's worth pointing out, and it's worth making fun of. And it's worth voicing your discontent when they're treated like the second coming of Bach and Shakespeare combined when they actually do suck.
    And yeah, it's all subjective, but most things are.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Lately all Superbowl Half time shows, suck. Last good one i remember was Prince.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Add The 1975 to the list.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Add The 1975 to the list.

I think the song title says it all

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How boring are Beach House? Makes me want to fall asleep

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    New Dream Theater:

Good lord are this band the shittiest thing ever

New Megadeth:

People saying Megadeth are good again = you're full of shit.

Metal is the worst right now. It's in full on self-parody mode at the moment.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    New Dream Theater:

New Megadeth:

I disagree with this sentiment. There's plenty of metal bands that are releasing quality material. Neither of the bands you listed above have been good for quite some time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Lately all Superbowl Half time shows, suck. Last good one i remember was Prince.
    Off topic but...how money was Prince's performance? Holy shit.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    OK let me be more precise.
    I agree there some great metal bands at the moment. But they're the underground.
    I like Rings of Saturn and some Unique Leader stuff, but usually it's a bit too technical for its own sake; I like Abominable Putridity and a bunch of other slam bands, I think slam is doing something interesting with death metal and groove after too many years of overly treble technicality; I like Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya, but other djent bands such as TesseracT and Periphery I find laughably bad. Neurosis/ISIS/Sabbath hardcore sludge is also super-boring, for the most part, though Electric Wizard are still going which is great. As are Meshuggah.

But the public face of the genre: the biggest bands in the genre, are garbage, and have been so for a long time, ever since Killswitch Engage and Trivium became the next big thing in metal.
    Ghost, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Mastodon, Baroness, even Deftones: I find this stuff super-tedious, not heavy or scary or intense or confrontational as metal should be, just plodding along. In the 00s and 10s metal got retro and boring and safe again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I agree there some great metal bands at the moment. But they're the underground.
    I like Rings of Saturn and some Unique Leader stuff, but usually it's a bit too technical for its own sake; I like Abominable Putridity and a bunch of other slam bands, I think slam is doing something interesting with death metal and groove after too many years of overly treble technicality; I like Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya, but other djent bands such as TesseracT and Periphery I find laughably bad. Neurosis/ISIS/Sabbath hardcore sludge is also super-boring, for the most part, though Electric Wizard are still going which is great. As are Meshuggah.

But the public face of the genre: the biggest bands in the genre, are garbage, and have been so for a long time, ever since Killswitch Engage and Trivium became the next big thing in metal.
    Ghost, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Mastodon, Baroness, even Deftones: I find this stuff super-tedious, not heavy or scary or intense or confrontational as metal should be, just plodding along. In the 00s and 10s metal got retro and boring and safe again.
    bands you should check out that are making GOOD metal:

Rosetta
    Yob
    Lycus

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I would counter by saying that no bands/artists that are big in any genre are doing anything revolutionary.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New Dream Theater:

New Megadeth:

I liked the new Dream Theater. They're an aquired taste to be sure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've not been able to get into Dream Theater for awhile. Mike Portnoy leaving was a big change for me. And a big shock, nobody was as big a cheerleader for Dream Theater as he was. The last album of theirs I really liked was 2007's Systematic Chaos. This new record sounds like their Kilroy Was Here.

I can leave Megadeth, and all of Dave Mustaine's born-again, right-wing paranoia. I like the band's old stuff just fine, but for me they never surpassed Metallica which is seemingly part of what he spent so much of his career doing, rather than focusing all of his energy on being a unique voice.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 02-12-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I can leave Megadeth, and all of Dave Mustaine's born-again, right-wing paranoia. I like the band's old stuff just find, but for me they never surpassed Metallica which is seemingly part of what he spent so much of his career doing, rather than focusing all of his energy on being a unique voice.
    '90s Megadeth >>>>>>> '90s Metallica

Megadeths '80s stuff is pretty damn good to. The comparison was inevitable, no one could do anything about it. They would always be compared because of the history.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I always thought Metallica's guitar sound was heavier. Megadeth's was heavy, but seemed a bit too treble-y at times.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Off topic but...how money was Prince's performance? Holy shit.
    Word!
    Specially at 8:22, when he plays "Purple Rain", damn!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Word!
    Specially at 8:22, when he plays "Purple Rain", damn!

yeah and he finally ditches that 'do rag. The phallic stuff at 10:00 on national television was epic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I've not been able to get into Dream Theater for awhile. Mike Portnoy leaving was a big change for me. And a big shock, nobody was as big a cheerleader for Dream Theater as he was. The last album of theirs I really liked was 2007's Systematic Chaos. This new record sounds like their Kilroy Was Here.

I can leave Megadeth, and all of Dave Mustaine's born-again, right-wing paranoia. I like the band's old stuff just fine, but for me they never surpassed Metallica which is seemingly part of what he spent so much of his career doing, rather than focusing all of his energy on being a unique voice.
    I've always thought Dream Theater were shit and I tried to listen a hand full of times. It's the best example of boring "progressive" metal. Another metal band I've probably mentioned in here that I think is overrated shit is Opeth. Boring ass crap.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Guy that sits across from me at work just said about Weezer "their kinda just... music..."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've always thought Dream Theater were shit and I tried to listen a hand full of times. It's the best example of boring "progressive" metal. Another metal band I've probably mentioned in here that I think is overrated shit is Opeth. Boring ass crap.
    Dream Theater are definitely an aquired taste. You will either be swept away or think it's pretentious, self-indulgent crap. I'm just getting into them, not a super huge fan, but they are interesting. Seeing them in April.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    David Bowie would be turning in his grave the thought of Lady Gaga giving a tribute to him at the Grammys.....the only reason she is famous is because of her crazy fashion....
    Her music is bland....its all style over substance with her, she is the epitome of that.
    Which is why her last album flopped....
    Last edited by Exocet; 02-15-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    David Bowie would be turning in his grave the thought of Lady Gaga giving a tribute to him at the Grammys.....the only reason she is famous is because of her crazy fashion....
    Her music is bland....its all style over substance with her she is the epitome of that.
    Which is why her last album flopped....
    I actually thought it was good as I knew it was going to be a medley of hits but there was a great reference to the Diamond Dogs tour during "Fame" while she also mimicked Bowie a bit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I actually thought it was good as I knew it was going to be a medley of hits but there was a great reference to the Diamond Dogs tour during "Fame" while she also mimicked Bowie a bit.
    Why does it have to be her though!!! She has no talent, its all because of her style. Without the wacky fashion she sucks, Her voice is boring.

She is nowhere near the level of Bowie.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I thought the performance was crap, but I think it has nothing to do with her. Nile Rodgers was the musical director. It was probably his idea to do the stupid medley idea. Everything would have been fine if she just sang a song or two.