Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my first thought was "trent and atticus have been listening to a lot of clint mansell's scores...they should all collaborate on something..." followed by "they've also been listening to a lot of boards of canada...and rachel's."
    Rachel's are frigging awesome. Some tracks off GG do have a certain Rachel's vibe to them, all right.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Trent wearing a white shirt? Blasphemy!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    how 'bout white collared shirt?
    And let's not forget White Jacket Trent from last year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know how to change the WAV files name in WinAmp, it just comes up as 2014 in the player as the artist name?

Nevermind, using Foobar to rename every single song.
    Last edited by Akahige; 10-01-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akahige View Post
    Anyone know how to change the WAV files name in WinAmp, it just comes up as 2014 in the player as the artist name?

Nevermind, using Foobar to rename every single song.
    I think that only saves the metadata info in the foobar internal database, and ends up "resetting" eventually.

Descriptive metadata is typically added to WAVs upon creation and cannot be easily modified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I got the titles and artist name to come up in WinAmp after renaming in Foobar but not the album name, I just converted it to lossless for now.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Recent versions of Foobar can tag WAV files, but it is recommended to convert them to FLAC first and then tag them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there a reason why the CD version on the nin.com store is not there anymore? I only see vinyl and digital options. Did it sell out? (It was there when I first looked a few days ago, but I didn't get around to pre-ordering then.)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slopesandsam View Post
    Is there a reason why the CD version on the nin.com store is not there anymore? I only see vinyl and digital options. Did it sell out? (It was there when I first looked a few days ago, but I didn't get around to pre-ordering then.)
    ..that is weird. The direct link to it goes to "product not found too". Maybe there was an error on the listing?

(and it's still on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F6OFQVR6FGHYIH )

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Noticed on the amazon vinyl listing:
    "The package includes 2 LPs in a Gatefold Jacket, 180 gram vinyl, and includes a download card insert."
    So, Amazon will still have FLAC download for people who are torn between no modlife and lossless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I like how literally the post above this is you saying sheepdean hasn't got a life.
    It takes one to notice one, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Did I for real read multiple people openly bitching and whining about the MP3 files being tagged as having a "&" between their names instead of "and"? Because it totally doesn't take you literally all of five seconds to change that yourself?

What the hell is wrong with some of you?
    I am well aware that I have the ability to change an "&" into an "and". Some artist put a lot of thought and intent into how their names are listed on the media they put out, such as A Silver Mt. Zion (and all the different versions of their name). I guess I assumed Trent to be someone that put thought into such things and I thought I would share because I know others pay attention to such things as well.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I really don't know for certain, but something tells the life-long NIN fan in me that Trent and Atticus want the fans to interpret the meaning of the "&" (or the "and") in their band name however the hell they wish.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus aren't in charge of typing up the metadata I assure you, that's all tunecore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ..that is weird. The direct link to it goes to "product not found too". Maybe there was an error on the listing?

(and it's still on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F6OFQVR6FGHYIH )
    Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't qualify for autorip on Amazon, so you won't get the digital download right away. It looks like CD buyers will have to dual purchase or wait for the actual CD, which apparently ships on November 24.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwhitacre View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't qualify for autorip on Amazon, so you won't get the digital download right away. It looks like CD buyers will have to dual purchase or wait for the actual CD, which apparently ships on November 24.
    I swear that there was a "CD + digital download" option in the nin store a few days ago. I actually added it to my basket and had it ready to buy...but I was at work and got distracted by something and never got around to entering in my credit card details. I've been meaning to go back and buy it ever since, but now it's gone.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That happened Saturday, too, and then it came back.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I bet it's Trent and Rob trolling us. The option is there, and then it vanishes. Comes back, then disappears again.

Maybe it's code for "Ghosts V-VIII" coming soon"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't think I would like another Ghosts (more precisely, another instrumental albums that is not a soundtrack to a movie). Ghosts served its purpose back then. Trent wanted to do this album/exercise ever since With Teeth (source somewhere in the faq). With 3 soundtracks, another Ghosts wouldn't make a lot of sense. Unless Trent really wants to be creative in a way that we haven't seen before. He can do what he wants, I'll buy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I swear that there was a "CD + digital download" option in the nin store a few days ago. I actually added it to my basket and had it ready to buy...but I was at work and got distracted by something and never got around to entering in my credit card details. I've been meaning to go back and buy it ever since, but now it's gone.
    It definitely was. Now I'm kicking myself for not ordering it then.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm sure it will be back up. And if it's not, it's listed on Amazon for 11.98 (street date Nov 24th). It's a CD. Not like you won't be able to get your hands on it. For those who want the download now, and don't want to rip it illegally, and don't wan't to buy it twice, I guess it's an inconvenience. But otherwise I wouldn't be doing any kicking of yourself.

Anyone figure out if Echoes is on the score or if that was a unique piece of music that never made it?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    I am well aware that I have the ability to change an "&" into an "and". Some artist put a lot of thought and intent into how their names are listed on the media they put out, such as A Silver Mt. Zion (and all the different versions of their name). I guess I assumed Trent to be someone that put thought into such things and I thought I would share because I know others pay attention to such things as well.
    well, I guess you're obviously going to have to quit supporting Trent Reznor now due to his blatant disregard for his own musical projects. He's clearly phoning it in at this point. And truly, how DARE he not consult the NIN fanbase regarding the metatags for the Gone Girl soundtrack. HOW DAAAAAAAARE HE.

Last edited by richardp; 10-01-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While the & vs. and difference is kind of annoying, it's easily fixed. I'm wondering more why whoever is preparing the files continues to tag the mp3s with massive cover art. I think the cover art alone is adding 3MB to each mp3.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    So what subtly, or not so subtly, reminds you of what? Not that I have an issue with any of this.

Perpetual - Closer/The Downward Spiral (piano melody)
    Technically, Missing - Black Ops Theme
    Just Like You - A Warm Place
    Clue One - Ghosts 6
    Clue Two - The Frail (remix)

probably missing some..
    I also get a heavy HTDA vibe from Perpetual - in the vein of We Fade Away and Too Late, All Gone.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Consummation sounds very obviously like a descendant of the Quake soundtrack to me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The &/and thing is a minor annoyance, but it does have other implications. Play counts on social sites such as last fm will be wrong unless someone manually adds a rule there to rename one to the other. Artist recommendations will break. Nobody will ever agree on which is "right"'so there will be endless flame wars on wikis, music brainz, grace note, freedb, ets, etc. If you want a laugh see the quality of grace note data for "eno Hyde" releases

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    YES this is amazing. I can't stop looking at it, it's so freaky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    well, I guess you're obviously going to have to quit supporting Trent Reznor now due to his blatant disregard for his own musical projects. He's clearly phoning it in at this point. And truly, how DARE he not consult the NIN fanbase regarding the metatags for the Gone Girl soundtrack. HOW DAAAAAAAARE HE.

You're right. Sorry for posting my opinions on the internet ya'll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The CD Pre-Order + Digital Download is available again. Ordering now before it disappears again!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The second half of Clue Two reminds me of the ambient music in LIMBO.