Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Tomb Raider Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

The Tomb Raider Thread

Express your love for the series here, anticipation for the 2012 reboot or your weird sex infused fantasies with Lara Croft (she's not even real, sickos).

2012 Trailer

Looks amazing. WANT NOW.

I still need to beat Legend and Underworld tbh haha.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i liked Legend, Anniversary and Underworld trilogy, haven't played previous games.
    never managed to finish "croft manor" training maps, seems like a riddle with too many loose ends;
    every area has an object to activate but what should happen next is totally unclear and camera doesn't seem to give hint about destination...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been a fan since the Tomb Raider II demo that came with my first PlayStation back in, like, 1996? Something like that. It was the Great Wall level. It's incredible to see how far Lara's come! This seems like a cross between Tomb Raider and Lost which makes me super excited. Can't wait to see what it has to offer. Hope the shooting mechanics have been totally revamped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    every area has an object to activate but what should happen next is totally unclear and camera doesn't seem to give hint about destination...
    Don't know if you'd like the older games, in that case—the levels are pretty straight forward but it's not spoon-fed to you where you should be going. I always liked that about the series, myself. It seems like the move to PS2 turned the games into an entirely different beast :/

I'm looking forward to the new game, if only to see which direction it takes the series.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    the levels are pretty straight forward but it's not spoon-fed to you where you should be going

well, i like challenge, i had no problems with main story mode (in fact i almost avoided using medkits),
    but the Croft Manor seems to have bad logic - Lara gets lost in her own house, really?
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 12-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dam, can they make her any hotter? Cannot wait for this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tomb Raider has 3 pre-order bonus waves at Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop.

I pre-ordered the game at Gamestop but might retract it and go to Best Buy for once...unsure.

www.tombraider.com/preorder

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The collectors edition pre-order looks like it is aimed for a 15 year old.. I'll pass. But this game is going to be incredible from the articles and the analysis of the beginning of the game and how it starts. Seems like survival will play a big part in it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    A realistically proportioned Lara Croft?! 'Bout time, game designers, that shit was getting ridiculous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Old news but fucking hell I went and re-watched this and can't be anymore stoked. Want. It. Now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/14...de-to-survival

Really cannot WAIT for this game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've never played the series but I saw the trailer on the VGAs and I gotta say it looks pretty damn awesome. Might have to check it out when it releases.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I just read the article for this in the latest Game Informer and I'm really excited for it. It looks like an awesome, legitimate game, not just a vehicle for some huge-breasted, scantily clad woman to run around and give nerds a hardon because that's the closest they're ever going to get to seeing a woman.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I don't know, it looks intriguing.. I've been a fan of the series since Tomb Raider II, and this kind of seems like they've sort of melded Call of Duty into the game, which I don't know how I feel about..
    I'll reserve judgement, though.. seems strange

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I don't know, it looks intriguing.. I've been a fan of the series since Tomb Raider II, and this kind of seems like they've sort of melded Call of Duty into the game, which I don't know how I feel about..
    I'll reserve judgement, though.. seems strange
    Call of Duty? How? If anything it resembles the Uncharted and Assassin's Creed style.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's a better comparison.. I was thinking that you could see the guy you're controlling in COD, but now that I think about it, it's a fps..
    My mistake, you're right, it does look a lot more like those games. Looks fun either way, though..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This game is inevitably going to have a multiplayer portion.

BUT it doesn't look bad and it has a pretty much a Uncharted look and flow. I'd play it but I agree that it's unnecessary.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love Tomb Raider, the first game is one of my all-time faves way back on the Saturn. I'm worried about the direction of this game. I was super excited about it when the first details dropped, but as time has gone on it's becoming more obvious that they're doing everything they can to make sure this sells a tonne. Fair enough. But that generally means watered down gameplay. Gameplay that makes me think I'm playing but I'm only just. It's doing it all, borrowing heavily from other successful games into one big package. Surely I wasn't the only one who facepalmed when I heard there was a multiplayer mode. I don't have to play it, I know, but I'd rather they focus on single player. I can just see this being one big fat interactive movie, telling me what to do every step of the way and helping me if I get a little lost.

Hey, you just found a med pack! +10xp

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Surely I wasn't the only one who facepalmed when I heard there was a multiplayer mode. I don't have to play it, I know, but I'd rather they focus on single player.
    I'm sure they're outsourcing the multiplayer portion to a different development team. With games like this they always do.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Got my copy today! It's everything I hoped and dreamed for. I was so excited about this. Most wanted game of 2012 but was shot down when rescheduled for today.

It's finally here though!

Just began, great thus far. Besides DmC, this is definitely a GOTY best from me.

As for t
    he multiplayer, it is unneeded but I quite like it and am good at it. Didn't need to be included but doesn't hurt that it is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wait, you just got it and just began, yet it's a GOTY already? Maybe want to rein in that hype horse, buddy, because it's taking you to the land of hyperbole.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Wait, you just got it and just began, yet it's a GOTY already? Maybe want to rein in that hype horse, buddy, because it's taking you to the land of hyperbole.
    In my personal preference. I meant MY GOTY. Not everyone else's or the gaming community. I can tell already that it won't top anything else this year for me. That's all. Not much else this year besides Metal Gear Rising, DmC and Gears of War: Judgment have caught my eye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up my copy yesterday and started it last night. Played for about 2 hours. I've been a fan since the first came out on PS1 and I gotta say I couldn't be happier with the way the game has turned out. Very awesome so far.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ive heard this is really good, but ive never played this series before.... how true is it gameplaywise to the original?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ive heard this is really good, but ive never played this series before.... how true is it gameplaywise to the original?
    It's good. It plays somewhat of the old style but tweaked and made more modern. It's a well balanced and good play. I recommend it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Tomb Raider Thread

Thinking about picking this up after work. I was originally skeptical. But, it seems like people are really enjoying it. And I'm liking the videos I've seen for it as well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You should! This game is fantastic. The game play is tight and intuitive and this allows the perfect direction and atmosphere to really take hold.
    It brilliantly manages to feel grounded in reality while being totally over the top. There's a good two hours in the middle that are some of the best in modern gaming.

Killer graphics too. The only thing that's missing is "Deep"

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Any spiders in this one? (i always have to ask with games like this considering the atmosphere of islands and possible cave and underground scenarios, even Uncharted 3 had spiders of course those ones didn't bother me too much since they looks like scarabs or ants but if they were like the spiders in Skyrim.... NOPE NOPE NOPE!)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    No spiders yet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Tomb Raider Thread

Loved it. I probably played the game all day, yesterday. Kinda bummed I beat it so quickly. But, it was enjoyable enough yo want to keep going. Glad I got it.