Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I wonder if the downloads from the HTDA store will include the two extra tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yes, the LP comes with the album on CD, with all tracks on. It will not be the same album art as the CD-only release, because Trent knows his fans will buy anything with one pixel difference
    Since it said "white label" CD, that makes me think there would be no album art on that CD.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I wonder if the downloads from the HTDA store will include the two extra tracks.
    Hoping that will be the case, but I somehow doubt it.

EDIT: do we have a vinyl preorder link yet?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just double checking...

According to the HTDA site it states:

"Vinyl edition will include a free white label CD of the vinyl version of the album."

So does this mean that the "white label" CD will have the bonus tracks that the vinyl does?

EDIT: I just sent Rob a tweet asking this question as well. Maybe he will respond.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 01-31-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post

EDIT: do we have a vinyl preorder link yet?
    On Amazon (ten characters)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think I'll hold onto my pennies after reading this on FB:

HOW TO DESTROY ANGELSPre-order from us is coming mid-February.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    When they didn't release An Omen on CD, it was their "abandoning of a dead format, finally."

Now, what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Just double checking...

According to the HTDA site it states:

"Vinyl edition will include a free white label CD of the vinyl version of the album."

So does this mean that the "white label" CD will have the bonus tracks that the vinyl does?

EDIT: I just sent Rob a tweet asking this question as well. Maybe he will respond.
    Its pretty clear that it will have the bonus tracks. "CD of the vinyl version"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    When they didn't release An Omen on CD, it was their "abandoning of a dead format, finally."

Now, what?
    Who said that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Who said that?
    Mostly I just heard everyone complaining there was no cd version. It doesn't really matter as long as we can actually just hear it but I'm tickled pink about the white label cd with the extra tracks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Who said that?
    People on ETS and elsewhere. The quote was not pulled from one specific post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So the song names are pretty much what we all knew, with a few changes to the sequencing. Do we know if the track lengths are the same as on the leaked tracklist? Was liking the sound of longer songs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Updated ninwiki with both CD and Vinyl album art, if anyone wants to compare http://www.ninwiki.com/Welcome_Oblivion

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post

Now, what?
    It was a fucking promo release, for Christ's sake. That's what.

This is HTDA dropping a 70+ minute album with a major label. They're not going to do the hipster/no-money "no CDs only vinyl" shit.

Song struck me weirdly, but it's a good one. Video was great, too. Should've expected the "twist" mid-song, but I didn't.

At least now they have a song for Coachella. Imagine opening with that, punch the crowd right in the face.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...79/howlong.png Have some full-res iTunes art, too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just watched the new music video, and I'm so happy the band is embracing different approaches with different directors: narrative stuff with and without the band, "homemade" performance-based stuff, etc. "How long?" really justifies the distinction between NIN and Destroy Angels better than any song yet, no? With the exception of maybe "Ice age." I really like and appreciate the pop-iness.

Where'd the CD art for Welcome oblivion come from by the way?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Press release.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Fuck I cannot buy that song as an European. Dutch iTunes refuses my login code.
    If someone is willing to share, please PM me.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Having no turnatable, I guess I'll be buying the vinyl version (with the FAMOUS white label CD WITH EXTRA TRACKS!!)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Amazon UK

And apparently the Japanese release will have bonus tracks - might just be the vinyl tracks. At least, I hope. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SICP-3731

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Could someone with Twitter ask Rob if the digital downloads from the HTDA store will conform to the tracklists of the respective releases? Like, basically will the vinyl digital download be the 15-track version or are the extra tracks exclusive to physical media? I really don't want to open the vinyl to get the CD out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Could someone with Twitter ask Rob if the digital downloads from the HTDA store will conform to the tracklists of the respective releases? Like, basically will the vinyl digital download be the 15-track version or are the extra tracks exclusive to physical media? I really don't want to open the vinyl to get the CD out.
    He said there wont be a digital download of the deluxe vinyl. No digital download of the two bonus tracks.

I asked about the white label CD and he responded with:

@Broken Spiral...thanks for the smart ass response. Nothing wrong with double checking.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 01-31-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Aw fuck. Guess I'll just get them through...other methods.

Thanks for answering, in any case.

At least the album art isn't grossly devoid of color this time around. I like looking at the cover for An omen, but Welcome oblivion should be much nicer to look at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    2 songs lacking in the cd? Why? I seriously don't understand this kind of shit, they seem to be punishing the fans without a vinyl player.

I was born in the 80s and grew up buying cds in the 90s/early 00s, now it seems like I should step back to buy my parent's format or just download the music (which I do, but for free, if I want to pay for a record I just buy the cd). So if I just want a damn cd, I get less tracks form HTDA, no "An_Omen" tracks nor the couple of extra tracks in "WO".

And no, I'm not going to buy the vinyl version, which I'll not use and will be collecting dust, just to get a blank cd or whatever they'll include in said version of the album, I guess I'll have to just download the vynil version from TPB and burn it on a cd-r, which means zero money from me for Trent and co, congrats.

I seriously hate this, my only hope is that those 2 extra tracks suck so much that I will feel happy buying the cd version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    2 songs lacking in the cd? Why? I seriously don't understand this kind of shit, they seem to be punishing the fans without a vinyl player.

I was born in the 80s and grew up buying cds in the 90s/early 00s, now it seems like I should step back to buy my parent's format or just download the music (which I do, but for free, if I want to pay for a record I just buy the cd). So if I just want a damn cd, I get less tracks form HTDA, no "An_Omen" tracks nor the couple of extra tracks in "WO".

And no, I'm not going to buy the vinyl version, which I'll not use and will be collecting dust, just to get a blank cd or whatever they'll include in said version of the album, I guess I'll have to just download the vynil version from TPB and burn it on a cd-r, which means zero money from me for Trent and co, congrats.

I seriously hate this, my only hope is that those 2 extra tracks suck so much that I will feel happy buying the cd version.
    Kind of an ironic post considering your username.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^^Lol. XD

I'll buy the cd version anyway, but I just would like to have all the tracks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It is weird to remove two tracks from the CD version then add it to another CD version.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Y'all complained about The Fragile (vinyl) and (casette) and With Teeth (EU) and (Japan) and YZR (vinyl) and Ghosts (Deluxe) too I'm sure.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Y'all complained about The Fragile (vinyl) and (casette) and With Teeth (EU) and (Japan) and YZR (vinyl) and Ghosts (Deluxe) too I'm sure.
    Bonus tracks tacked into the end of a CD is different.

And what are the bonus tracks on the Year Zero vinyl?

And the Ghosts tracks were hidden on a DVD (and kind of awful?).
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 01-31-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty sure there weren't any differences in the tracklists for the vinyl version of Year Zero or Ghosts deluxe, just some extra tracks to play with on the multitrack DVD (one of which ended up as part of The Slip).
    Last edited by nodylnai; 01-31-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    YZR=Year Zero Remixed.

Honestly, this doesn't bother me at all. If I'm desperate to hear the bonus tracks, I'll find a way to hear them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    YZR=Year Zero Remixed.

Honestly, this doesn't bother me at all. If I'm desperate to hear the bonus tracks, I'll find a way to hear them.
    Caring that much about a remix album is just beyond the point where I cross the line.