Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cobra View Post
    I was listening to the score of the 2004 Japanese film Casshern by Shiro Sagisu of Evangelion fame and noticed one of the tracks is a straight cover/rip off of The Frail. The soundtrack is hard to find so I uploaded the track https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mo...WVAtLTuyjReVX-

That track is harder to hear in the film itself, hence why I never noticed it until now.
    Trying to hide it adding extra notes ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just came across this:

https://mixwiththemasters.com/itt16

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    damn i want to see this so badly. i would pay for this if there was an option for a single episode purchase.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    there's still my freaking comment from 7 months ago on this youtube video and it still hasn't leaked, shit.

and some guy talks about some torrent series uploading it, gonna check that out

edit : doesn't exist
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 09-08-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Trying to hide it adding extra notes ?
    The extra notes fit with the scene in the film, where the character is in a lost/confused state. I highly recommend the film and the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/microwave-discuss-10-songs-that-influenced-their-heavier-new-album/

Nine Inch Nails – “You Know What You Are?”
    The album With Teeth is a feat of human achievement, a level of individuality and creativity that few people ever reach. I’m sure people will still be influenced by this record 50 years from now the same way that we’re still influenced by Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.

Read More: Microwave discuss 10 songs that influenced their heavier new album | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/microwa...ckback=tsmclip

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/microwave-discuss-10-songs-that-influenced-their-heavier-new-album/

The album With Teeth is a feat of human achievement, a level of individuality and creativity that few people ever reach. I’m sure people will still be influenced by this record 50 years from now the same way that we’re still influenced by Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.

Read More: Microwave discuss 10 songs that influenced their heavier new album | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/microwa...ckback=tsmclip
    Nice song to be inspired by, I utterly love that one. Is Microwave any good even.

Happy to hear praise for With_Teeth as well.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I've literally never heard of Microwave, but they mentioned With Teeth, Heavy Heavy Low Low AND The Chariot? I feel like I might have just met my musical soulmate. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for their new release and pray it's decent, because they have excellent taste in music. That whole list they gave was good!

On another note, I agree that With Teeth does not get the recognition it deserves. It's a top 5 of NIN releases for me.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    ta da da daaaaa
    Last edited by ninjaw; 09-11-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: da

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I keep thinking that WT is the worst album for me, not that's it's bad and not filled with absolutly excellent important songs, but it's just not as filled of excellent songs as others. That's why I facepalmed that quote. To me it just show how much they don't know NIN, well I mean other albums, and it isn't surprising when you see their age, they're even younger that people believing that The Fragile is the best album... I bet they just started NIn with with teeth, like everyone liking their first nin album/aera.
    WT was released almost 15 years go dude. And there's no best album.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Side note - To the point about With Teeth being someone's first album (TDS was mine), I think that's great. I think it would be great if Bad Witch was someone's best album. I would be elated. It pains me that NIN can be perceived as a "legacy act" (due to the fanbase, NOT the band). Trent and Atticus are making incredibly vital and relevant and exciting work now, and if someone two or three decades younger really connects with it, I couldn't be happier. Welcome! Come on in. Join the party.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Side note - To the point about With Teeth being someone's first album (TDS was mine), I think that's great. I think it would be great if Bad Witch was someone's best album. I would be elated. It pains me that NIN can be perceived as a "legacy act" (due to the fanbase, NOT the band). Trent and Atticus are making incredibly vital and relevant and exciting work now, and if someone two or three decades younger really connects with it, I couldn't be happier. Welcome! Come on in. Join the party.
    I am a fairly new fan (Since 2016 or earlier) and I think all of NIN's stuff is essential, I can't tell you what is NIN's best album, all of them do what they want to accomplish pretty much perfectly and seem to only get better as time sinks in. I've been listening to the NIN albums non-stop throughout the years, and I grew to love all of them.

I definitely think that With_Teeth needs more love, I am always confused at how people described the albums Post-Fragile when they came out, for example, to me, With_Teeth has a pretty aggressive sound to it, yes it's acessible but a lot of the songs have an anger to them and some songs get pretty heavy, yet it's regarded as the calmer, tamer album, when I think it's just more stripped down, but I don't think calling it "tamer" is all that appropriate for it, I don't know, there is a lot of raw emotions going through all of it, it feels really intiminate to me somehow.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    With Teeth was indeed hugely influential on a younger crowd, and even for 90s-babies like myself it was a big deal, despite not getting nearly enough critical acclaim and notice for its musical intricacy, or credit for maintaining all the raw emotional vulnerability from the earlier NIN without needing to dress it up in as many gobs and gobs of noises. To neatly segue this thread back to NIN Spotting, here is an excellent cover of a With Teeth song by the artist Bird Call (aka Chiara Angelicola, also singer and producer of the awesome grungy garage-rock project Motel Pools):

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails: 30 years of electronic-rock genius ranked

As the first magazine to ever put Trent Reznor on the cover, we’re ranking (almost) all the output under the NIN banner.

https://www.altpress.com/features/ni...albums-ranked/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Nine Inch Nails: 30 years of electronic-rock genius ranked

As the first magazine to ever put Trent Reznor on the cover, we’re ranking (almost) all the output under the NIN banner.

https://www.altpress.com/features/ni...albums-ranked/
    There’s a legend that producer Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd’s The Wall) told Reznor that he could bring this album into a concise, single-disc entity, filled with all the power and emotional acuity intended. And Reznor flat out refused. Maybe it was artistic arrogance; maybe it was the drugs.
    Maybe do your job collecting correct informations Jason Pettigrew.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Another new Peter Gabriel compilation coming out this week: this one is called Flotsam and Jetsam; it features Trent Reznor's remix of the song "Growing Up".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    jason Pettigrew was the guy who wrote the piece on Broken in the vinyl releases wasn’t he? And if I’m not mistaken he was also the first guy to spill the beans on Instagram about the Not the Actual Events physical products because I follow him on Instagram directly because of that post. Seems strange that someone invited to do stuff for the band should be so full of shit?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    jason Pettigrew was the guy who wrote the piece on Broken in the vinyl releases wasn’t he? And if I’m not mistaken he was also the first guy to spill the beans on Instagram about the Not the Actual Events physical products because I follow him on Instagram directly because of that post. Seems strange that someone invited to do stuff for the band should be so full of shit?
    Didn't he also misquote lyrics from Broken....in the essay about Broken?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Was he ? Dang that's weird. Must have wrote that above article during a pause or something Lol. Sometimes you need content. Or he's just bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by explodey; 09-13-2019 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Broken link

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    oh there's some autechre stuff too nice

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Very brief NIN namedrop in this very interesting MM Coma White analysis video

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What did he get wrong? Ezrin did float the idea of of shortening it to one disc and they didn't end up doing it. The end is conjecture, but it's not presented as fact. Am I missing something? I feel like I'm having a brain fart that I haven't figured out yet.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Wow. That's seriously high praise for a really underrated album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Wow. That's seriously high praise for a really underrated album.
    it deserves it

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    Nine Inch Nails, Wipeout, Pop Will Eat Itself, Autechre, Aphex Twin, Fluke, LFO, The Orb, Squarepusher, Warp 10 compilation... This should be neato if comphrensive; some of these weren't listed in the hashtags.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What did he get wrong? Ezrin did float the idea of of shortening it to one disc and they didn't end up doing it. The end is conjecture, but it's not presented as fact. Am I missing something? I feel like I'm having a brain fart that I haven't figured out yet.
    It's not a legend he basically just said that in the booklet of the definitive edition, not necessary to romanticize it, it's just a fact. And then the "romanticization" continues with suggesting the use of drugs in such creative process. And knowing the history of drugs of Trent (basically the creation of The Fragile wasn't fueled by drugs, it's more the tours that were spirals into madness, especially Fragility), and the way fans treat it as a cool factor and a mark of the good ol days, it just makes him look stupid to mention it.

And that's just one sentence.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    N.E.R.D announce ‘In Search Of…’ deluxe reissue including a new Trent Reznor remix
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/nerd-...eissue-2548713

Before you get excited, it's just Trent Reznor's not exactly new remix of Lapdance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    List of pun names in The Great British Bake Off playlist by Noel Fielding includes Naan Inch Nails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Surprised I didn't see it mentioned here yet but there's a book of the history of Ministry coming out in December. The press release says there's quotes from "members of Nine Inch Nails" and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some images of Trent from the Revolting Cocks tour/1000 Homo DJ days in there perhaps.
    https://www.melodicvirtue.com/collec...y-prescripture