Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Technically this is a vinyl album with "hidden messages". Think of all the rumors and theories of various albums where if you play it backwards you will hear "a message".

I just realized that we will be able to kill the motor and play parts of 'The Hall of Souls' backwards. I did this back in the day with an MP3 and audio software. Throughout the track there are parts where TR says some words/phrases in reverse. I forget what he says... that will be fun to play with.

At the time I was a teen, huge NIN fan, and I felt like I was listening to something rarely heard. It's cool.

The vinyl is remastered so I HOPE he thought of this and tinkered with the levels so that these parts are a bit more clear.

If you want a hint... start around the 7:00 mark and listen for a minute vol up.
    Unless you have a stylus specifically designed to play backwards, this is a good way to wreck your stylus.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    Ordered! Quake at last, fantastic!

I love this bit on Quake....
    Where'd you see this note? I can't find it anywhere.

Ordered 2020 TSN/Quake without hesitation. My original copy plays okay (with a few clicks, we all know that pressing was terribly done but mine at least doesn't skip) but I need a pristine copy.
    I hope it comes with a download card at least. I bought the hi-res files again with Watchmen, and although I knew that move was a Watchmen universe thing I still felt I was buying the same thing twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    If you order them now, you get three immediate downloads off TSN:

Eventually We Find Our Way (to you by Christmas)

On We March (Shipping "soon")

Almost Home (for the holidays)
    Do they come in a later email? Not received anything yet.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

Ordered 2020 TSN/Quake without hesitation. My original copy plays okay (with a few clicks, we all know that pressing was terribly done but mine at least doesn't skip) but I need a pristine copy.
    I hope it comes with a download card at least. I bought the hi-res files again with Watchmen, and although I knew that move was a Watchmen universe thing I still felt I was buying the same thing twice.
    Where did you find the hi-res Watchmen files? It's always bothered me that Vol. 3 isn't on Tidal, and the only local tracks I have are the extras from Vol. 3 that weren't ready in time for the vinyl pressing...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kultschar View Post
    Do they come in a later email? Not received anything yet.
    He was making a joke. There's no digital files for either of these releases.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    Where did you find the hi-res Watchmen files? It's always bothered me that Vol. 3 isn't on Tidal, and the only local tracks I have are the extras from Vol. 3 that weren't ready in time for the vinyl pressing...
    Bundled here:
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...24Bit_Download

Also available as individual volumes on the same site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    My copy of With Teeth showed up in perfect condition, but I remember a lot of folks having issues with Fragile Deviations showing up with corner dings. I think that was mostly due to the 4 LPs being crammed into a flimsy gatefold rather than their choice of LP mailers.
    Thanks for the info!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    He was making a joke. There's no digital files for either of these releases.
    Doh - should of read it properly lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The site removed that blurb underneath the tracklisting, along with the links to the essays/artwork. Probably due to the unnamed video game publisher.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Hopefully this means Year Zero and The Slip are actually going to be coming soon now...
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    The Definitive Edition reissue is the perfect circumstance to revisit the mix/master for The Slip, in addition to putting it on 2LP so it's not crushed on one record. Maybe next year?
    Dang, I knew a Social Network reissue was around the corner but I was hoping that meant The Slip wasn't far behind. With Year Zero being my least favorite NIN record, I'm probably skipping that as it'll be more of a Kallax warmer than actually getting spun ... but I'm all for The Slip. Hopefully Trent finds a way to put the newest Ghosts albums on vinyl and reissue an entire Ghosts box set.

With The Social Network and Quake though, if you're concerned about shipping... I'd stay tuned to Bullmoose.com as I've noticed all these releases from the NIN camp eventually find their way to retail and orders over $30 with Bullmoose are shipped free. Plus, they have a really awesome point system too!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Dear unnamed video game publisher,

This is the internet. It's out there now, forever. Deal with it..

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yoink!

At the very least, thank you for allowing the musician who granted the game half of its atmosphere to release the landmark soundtrack. You should also maybe thank the fanbase who keeps updating, re-envisioning, and revising your title for keeping its memory alive. It's more than you've done in ages and no, uninspired arena shooters that have been long since made obsolete by their competition don't count.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    Ordered! Quake at last, fantastic!

I love this bit on Quake....

*NOTE
    WE DESIGNED THIS REISSUE TO INCLUDE A BOOKLET CONTAINING ESSAYS FROM ID SOFTWARE’S JOHN CARMACK AND AMERICAN MCGEE. A CERTAIN UNNAMED VIDEO GAME PUBLISHER MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE PACKAGE, SO PLEASE HONOR THEIR WISHES BY NOT CLICKING HERE TO EVEN SEE THE ESSAYS OR HERE TO PRINT THE BOOKLET OUT FOR YOURSELF.
    Thank you VERY much @Ascender for posting this it was only up very briefly

Pity the main nin.com link is down, but let's ensure it stays out there...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    It's always bothered me that Vol. 3 isn't on Tidal
    Oddly, Vol 3 is on TIDAL now, at least in my corner of the world. No idea why it took them that long.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Here's a pdf of the original site version of the essay I had made earlier in the day, if anyone wants it:

http://nindestruct.com/misc/quake_essay_html.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    THANK YOU was just looking for it

Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Here's a pdf of the original site version of the essay I had made earlier in the day, if anyone wants it:

http://nindestruct.com/misc/quake_essay_html.pdf
    Easily one of my favorite video game soundtracks. The SNES ones make sense, but dark ambience in early teens? Looking back, idk how or why it clicked at such a time.
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 09-17-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Any chance Quake gets a cheaper pressing down the road from someone else?
    I'm hoping for <$28 price point.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Gonna wait on this to see if it does in fact go to general retail.
    Yes, all the previous vinyl releases have shown up in normal retail channels eventually, even Bird Box Extended, so I expect that these 2 will also. If you want a cheaper price, you'll just need to be patient. For example, you can get With Teeth Definitive for $25 and Bird Box Extended for $64 now at Amazon, both significantly cheaper than the store.nin.com price.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yikes, fellow Canadians just remember that your charge will get converted to CAD; my Quake album with standard delivery sums up to $67.66. Still totally worth it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    It's either Bethesda or Zenimax. Hoping it's the latter, as I'm a Bethesda fan, but Zenimax is often the root of their issues.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's either Bethesda or Zenimax. Hoping it's the latter, as I'm a Bethesda fan, but Zenimax is often the root of their issues.
    It’s Zenimax. Carmack said as much on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yikes, fellow Canadians just remember that your charge will get converted to CAD; my Quake album with standard delivery sums up to $67.66. Still totally worth it.
    Knew it, saw the total, pulled the trigger anyway

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just got an email, SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow that's 24hrs and they had it out the door.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just got an email, SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow that's 24hrs and they had it out the door.
    Keep in mind those emails are automatically sent when the shipping label is generated. Decent chance it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have an LP still sitting in a warehouse in Georgia from April so...yeah. Grain of salt and all that.

Status

Label Created, not yet in system

A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-17-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Very surprised these showed up at my door so soon! I honestly didn’t expect to be holding these for a few weeks. Quake is beautiful.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Very surprised these showed up at my door so soon! I honestly didn’t expect to be holding these for a few weeks. Quake is beautiful.
    Pictures or it didnt happen.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Please please please show us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Few rushed pics for those asking:

https://ibb.co/JRZdybg
    https://ibb.co/FqpWkHz
    https://ibb.co/k5x6FWt

Quake cover is embossed, nice touch.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Cool, the original CD digipak was embossed as well so that a neat touch to bring back.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    My $5 shareware digipak is not embossed :\