Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm just ready for FLCL

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Funimation just released the artistic concepts for a special edition of Cowboy Bebop they're working on for the 20th year (well, ish) anniversary - all of which include A MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN VINYL SOUNDTRACK FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND I LITERALLY SCREAMED FOR A MOMENT AS I LAY HERE IN BED.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...-cowboy-bebop/

"'If' an option gets over 1,000 votes, it will be produced." Right, 'if.'

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    WEll im about to revive an old thread

So I actually love a lot of anime but never had time to watch a lot of it...but that changed a few months ago.

An around the end of August, i was bugged by a friend of mine to watch this Anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica....they wouldn't tell what it was about or anything (as i would later find out, for a good reason), all they said was that "it was really good"

So after being bugged about it, i gave up and i finally watched it, not really thinking i was gonna get much out of it from something like this.

So bear in mind, I knew absolutely nothing about this anime, zero, i went in completely blind which is fucking amazing for 2018, how i never managed to hear anything about it for how popular it was when it came out still puzzles me, but anyways...this is pretty much how things went down for me as i watched it

Edit: Spoiler warning

Ep 1 & 2 "..........This is weird....but im interested"

Ep 3 "JESUS THAT GOT DARK"

Ep 4 - 9 *souls is slowly being crushed into pieces*

Ep 10-11 "yeah that'll do it...*cries*"

Ep 12 *sobbing mess*

So yeah....I got REALLY REALLY emotionally attached, I was not aware of how fucking dark it got, i was not aware of how fucking depressing it got and it was one of the best things ive ever watched in a long ass time (and before you asked, I did watch Rebellion.......ehhh....that ending is...)

But there is more to this story

So after about a week of getting choked up from just looking at anything relating to the anime, I went back to making some more music on that album I spoke about before about my depression over in the section...but the Anime was still fresh in my mind and I ended up starting to write songs about parts of the episodes.....then it turned into a few songs.....then an ep........and now....im making a whole album based off the entire anime.

Its about an hour and 15 mins long, 17 songs, I have all the instrumentals done and ready for me to sing over once i get a mic again....but yeah....ill post the instrumental demo's here as well as an outtake and demo stuff too

Try and guess what the songs are based off from the titles...

https://adecadeinoblivion.bandcamp.c...ntal-demo-mixs

https://adecadeinoblivion.bandcamp.c...s-and-outtakes
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 10-28-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    bought cowboy bebop series on amazon forgot how good it was
    -louie

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Steins;Gate 0 was friggin' amazing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Gonna have to check that one out, @Dryalex12 ! I've heard the name and probably seen clips around, but it rings a bell, so I'll remember the recommendation!

Update: I didn't get the Cowboy Bebop big stupid expensive collector's edition, mainly because I've already got the last two special editions they released a couple years back. But you know what I did get? A vinyl copy of Cowboy Bebop OST 1 that I'm gonna cherish until the day I die, along with my vinyl copy of the Samurai Champloo soundtrack that I got signed by Shing02. Gaaaah damn, that was a great night. Now if I can only cross paths with Yoko Kanno/literally anyone involved with Bebop...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Gonna have to check that one out, @Dryalex12 ! I've heard the name and probably seen clips around, but it rings a bell, so I'll remember the recommendation!

Update: I didn't get the Cowboy Bebop big stupid expensive collector's edition, mainly because I've already got the last two special editions they released a couple years back. But you know what I did get? A vinyl copy of Cowboy Bebop OST 1 that I'm gonna cherish until the day I die, along with my vinyl copy of the Samurai Champloo soundtrack that I got signed by Shing02. Gaaaah damn, that was a great night. Now if I can only cross paths with Yoko Kanno/literally anyone involved with Bebop...
    You posted at 9:41. Spike uses an IMI Jericho 941. Just thought I'd point that out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw the message of Dryalex12 about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and checked the anime

Holy fucking shit, I haven't seen the last 2 chapters, but this is a really good anime

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Surprised i haven't posted here more, i'm always checking out the new anime seasons as they air and seeing any anime in cinema's, maybe i should recommend some stuff!

If any of you are into Shonen shows (Dragonball Z, shows with lots of great battles) My Hero Academia is freaking fantastic. It's got a fantastic cast and excellent animation!

In terms of shows that are currently airing SSSS: Gridman is an anime show based on the Super Satai shows which were the basis for Power Rangers in the West, and it's fun as fuck! And Zombie Land Saga has one of the most WTF AM I WATCHING first episodes i've ever seen! That Time i was Reincarnated as a Slime is only 4 episodes in but really fucking charming! I'll have a look back through my anime list to recommend some more completed shows from this year/last year for you all.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I saw the message of Dryalex12 about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and checked the anime

Holy fucking shit, I haven't seen the last 2 chapters, but this is a really good anime
    Prepare yourself the last 2 are gonna hit you really hard

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Some updates on the Fall Anime season (on Chrunchyroll anyway) and there are some excellent shows!

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Sempai

...ok, please don't let the name fool you, this is actually a very good comedy/romance with some absolute bloody great character writting.
    The main set up is Sakuta is a high school guy but notices some weird goings on around him in the form of something called Puberty Syndrome (stay with me, it's not a hentai!) which causes odd things to happen to people going through stressful adolescence, one of which is his sister Keada who when being bullied by classmates online starts getting physically hurt with no cause. On one day trip to the library he notices Mai (a local celebrity at his school who works as a TV star) in a Bunny Girl outfit but nobody can see her...apart from him.

What follows is a very good rom com with some excellent serious drama and a host of excellent characters to fall in love with (and the opening song is a banger!)

Zombie Land Saga

This is a standard Idol girl show...only not standard at all as all the idols are zombies!
    Honestly the best way to describe this is to watch the first episode, if the crazy metal shenanigans don't get you then no harm no foul...but it is a good show (and one of few anime i've seen with a very positive trans character!)

That Time I Was Reincarnated As a Slime

Again stick with me. Satoru is a normal 30-something guy but he is stabbed and killed in the street, he is then, you guessed it, reincarnated as a Slime in another world and...this show is just so damn charming!
    The characters are again really likeable, the story is pretty good so far (we're about halfway through the show) and the animation is consistent and does a good job of explaining what's happening. It's also had some pretty dark moments, it's worth looking at!

SSSS: Gridman

My fav show, not just this season but this year, SSSS : Gridman is the anime version of the super sentai shows from the 90's...or as we in the west know them...Power Rangers. A kid named Yuta wakes up with no memory and can see massive Kaiju statutes around the city...but nobody else can, He can also talk to an old computer who houses 'Gridman' who can transform him into an Ultraman type hero to fight Kaiju. Honestly this show is excellent.
    The character design is amazing, as is the animation and the way in the monster fights they take current CG and make it look like the old 90's 'guy's in rubber suits' whilst still looking bloody awesome! It's also has a ton of great mystery about what is actually happening (no spoilers, but it is good!) and it's worth watching!

With my 24days off christmas i'm going to check out some of the Netflix anime i've missed, i heard Devilman crybaby and castlevainia were great!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Some updates on the Fall Anime season (on Chrunchyroll anyway) and there are some excellent shows!
    Zombie Land Saga and That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime are both sooooo damn good and hilarious!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Managed to catch up on some older shows i'd missed over the Holidays.

Finished One Punch Man and finally saw the first season of Mob Psycho 100 in prep for season 2 (both very fun and visually interesting/fantastic!)
    Started Little Witch Academia (i ship Diakko don't @ me!) and it's really fun.
    Devilman Crybaby BROKE me (i guess i should have prepared myself for it, fuck me i'm not sure i'll ever get over episode 9 and Spoiler: Miki's Death

As for the Winter season...nothing has really stood out yet. Obviously Mob Psycho 100 season 2 is great so far and That Time I Reincarnated As A Slime is in it's second half, but nothing new has been all that...good. Fall season was probably too good and spoiled Winter.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I think i might have found the best new show this season...

The Promised Never-land (streamed on Crunchyroll) about a orphanage full of happy kids between ages 1 and 12 dreaming of being adopted before their 12th birthday to happy family's...to say anymore would spoil it. Just give the first episode a go Spoiler: Nobody's is getting a happy ending in this, NOBODY!

Oh and Mob Physco 100 season 2 (also on crunchyroll) is fantasic!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I had mixed feelings about Mob Psycho 100's first season. Good concept, some great design ideas, okay characters and the "thick outline" art style takes some getting used to, but it allows for some fluid and vivid action scenes. However, the fact that the main character looks like One Punch Man with hair was ultra-distracting, plus the plot became boring halfway through the season. I enjoyed Boku no Hero Accademia a lot more. I will give season 2 a shot, though.

Ultra-psyched for the next season of Shokugeki no Soma. Plus, watched the first season of Grand Blue Dreaming and it had me in stitches. Funniest comedy anime I've seen since Kenichi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Death Note - watched full and some of the live action, sure Kira was played badly, but you know in a way, it was kinda funny.

Texhnolyze - yet to watch, but I believe it is somewhat sci fi/cyberpunk so I'll get around to it.

Assassination Classroom - Very funny and cool. Only watched roughly 2-3 eps but need more source. Some Anime streams are just too boring and stimuli heavy.

Cowboy bepop - Has a bit too much western style. I prefer Dragon Ballz series/fan-non

The Big Lez Show - If you like oz then you need to see this, it has many cultural references and is also inspiring me to make my own animation.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Episode 5 of the second season of Mob Psycho 100...the fucking bar to which all anime is levelled just got fucking raised...that was amazing!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just got into My Hero Academia and man, it is hilarious, unpredictable, and very original. I'm still attempting to get through all of the episodes of One Piece... It is so longggg.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really want to try One Piece. That's a huge commitment though.

I'm currently in the middle of a dbz rewatch. Finished the cell games. Started Kai. I'll probably watch the saiyan and frieza sagas and then go back to OG DBZ (saiyaman saga, I think).

About to probably rewatch and catch up on Sword Art Online after. My Hero Academia after that.

So behind on anime. No joke.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Was was up on the One Piece Manga until about chapter 350ish when i stopped...pretty sure it's into 800 chapters now and the anime is up to the same...i think i've missed the boat on that one!

Sword Art Online starts well but just falls apart towards the end of season one (i didn't watch any other season after) much the Same as Darling in the Franxx did (though i did at least finish that!)

My Hero is a gem of a show though, it does such a good job of having such a massive cast all get a decent amount of screen time AND make them all so bloody likeable!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Was was up on the One Piece Manga until about chapter 350ish when i stopped...pretty sure it's into 800 chapters now and the anime is up to the same...i think i've missed the boat on that one!
    927; I stopped around the same place you did.

Watched Godzilla: The Planet Eater last night. I really enjoyed and recommend the animated trilogy (on Netflix).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    927; I stopped around the same place you did.

Watched Godzilla: The Planet Eater last night. I really enjoyed and recommend the animated trilogy (on Netflix).
    ...WOW, guess i'm definitely not getting back onto that boat, it's halfway round the pacific now!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    500 Days of Summer's Marc Webb Directs Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai's your name.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-14/500-days-of-summer-marc-webb-directs-hollywood-remake-of-makoto-shinkai-your-name/.143452

Do yourself a favour, if you haven't watched Your Name yet, do it before Hollywood make a forgettable rom-com out of it!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    your name? as a live action american film? gross.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Promised Neverland is really getting great, the tension is both fantasic and awful, really really good show so far (only 6 episodes in)

And Mob Psycho 100 continues to be excellent as well, the second season of One Punch Man has alot to live up too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First time poster, long time lurker. Been a huge anime fan for a while (probably + 10 years now) so I'd like to share some thoughts: @bRoot , by all means, check out Texhnolyze asap. It's in my top 5 anime series ever and pretty much the best sci-fi /cyberpunk series I've ever watched (anime or otherwise). Be warned, though, the series is dark as fuck and you'll probably have to be in the mood for something really dark and depressing (and thought-provoking) in order to fully enjoy it, but the experience is truly worth it IMO. I don't want to spoil anything but I'll just say that the final scene will be forever tatooed in my brain. They sure as hell don't make series lika that nowadays, sadly. @Jon , Completely agree with you about Godzilla. It's truly a superb film trilogy that's sadly going overlooked among most anime fans. It's worth mentioning that's written by Gen Urubuchi, the guy behind Madoka and Psycho pass, 2 of the best anime series of the decade IMO.
    And talking about Netflix originals, I'd like to recommend you guys Hero Mask, a superb mystery thriller (not too different from Psycho Pass or Monster, although it would probably more accurate to compare it to western live action stuff like True detective with a healthy dose of James Bond-esque action) that has gone completely under most anime fans radar. Truly one of the best series I've watched in the last few years and totally worth checking out.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK i have been spamming about Mob Physco for awhile now...but fuck me episode 8...those last few mins...FUUUUUUCK.

The first season was great, a must watch, but many considered it to be a lesser of One's other break out show One Punch Man.
    The second season however is verging on being an absolute masterpiece! Everything has been on point, and it might just go down as a future classic anime, it's that DAMN good! we only have 4 episodes left of this current season.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK so the spring season is in full swing and there are 2 things i should mention...

Attack on Titan season 3 part 2 and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba!

WATCH THESE SHOWS!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Big week so far in anime,

Spring seasons wrapped up, including Attack on Titan which will conclude it's last season next October! And Demon Slayer continues to be excellent.

Some very promising new show's started with Dr.Stone (Funimation and Crunchroll) Astra Lost in Space (Funimation) whole load of ecchi shows (some of which i'll likely drop after a few episodes) and Fire Force (Funimation Sub+Dub and Crunchroll Sub) which is FUCKING OUTSTANDING in it;s first episode. Animation, Style, Characters, Music, Action, it's the full package! If it can hold onto those elements throughout the season we're onto a real winner!

We also got the first 10 minutes of Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.0+1.0 (the forth and final film in the rebuild series) and HOLY SHIT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING BUT IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Finished Attack on Titan the other day, and holy FUCK, has that show turned into a ride. It always has been, but season 3 has just been unrelenting. I started reading the manga, too, just because there’s no way I’ll be able to wait until 2020 for more. Surprised to find that from what I’ve read so far, the manga and anime seem to be almost identical, content-wise!

The creator also put out the last panel of the manga last year, and while the panel itself doesn’t reveal much, it’s cool to know how far in advance all of this is being planned out, and that there actually is an end in mind. Season 4 is going to be awesome, and it’ll be worth every second of waiting to get to fall 2020.

I’m pretty sure AoT season 3 has garnered more “OH FUCK HOLY FUCKING FUCK” moments per episode than I’ve seen in nearly any TV show. When Spoiler: The Owl starts reciting Eren’s memories and suddenly says “...who’s memories are those,” I lost my SHIT. That’s fucking brilliant.