282 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Spookshow International Live out today!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Rob talks about the new album delay. The album's finished, but he wants a good visual theme to go with it which he hasn't had a chance to get around to yet -

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob...w-album-delay/

At the 2015 Loudwire Music Festival, Rob Zombie spoke to Loudwire about his next album, upcoming film projects and his "kill your idols" philosophy. You can watch the chat below.
    On the subject of why his new studio CD has yet to see the light of day even though it was completed several months ago, Rob said: "I would like to put it out sooner than later, but I have this idea that I really wanna make a visual component that goes with the album, and I don't have time yet, 'cause I'm in the middle of editing my movie ['31']. So I didn't wanna just throw the record out there and there's no videos, there's no nothing, so I'm, like, I'd rather just hold it and do it properly. And so, that's really the only reason; I mean, it's nothing else. I mean, the record's done. Which is kind of nice, 'cause we recorded the record over a really long period of time — like, a year. But we weren't in the studio every day. We'd work for a couple of weeks and leave for a couple of months and come back, and it really gave you time to live with it. 'Cause one of the things you do sometimes, you just go into the studio and plow through a record, and at the end of it, you kind of go, 'That last track is kind of bullshit,' or, 'I wish we'd cut that part down.' But we were living with it for a long time, and it really… I think it made the record so much better."

Zombie also spoke about how the songwriting process works in his band. He said: "The way [guitarist John 5 and I] really do it is we'll just lay out really loose structures. We piece together something pretty raw, and then we'll let it sit. And then I'll usually do vocals over that. Because until you put the vocals in, it's really hard to know where it's going. You just don't know. 'Cause sometimes a riff that sounds super exciting is really difficult to sing over, and then something that sounds like nothing, once the vocal hook gets on there, is really catchy. So you really don't know where it's going. And once I get the vocals in there, then usually John will come back and then he'll add another layer where he'll then play guitars that go along with the vocals or accent things. So we kind of just keep bouncing back and forth."
    Rob Zombie's new solo album was produced by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, who has previously worked with HATEBREED, ALL THAT REMAINS and SHADOWS FALL).
    Asked by "Loudwire Nights" host Full Metal Jackie what makes him confident enough to say his upcoming album will be his strongest so far, Rob responded: "I hate talking about this stuff, because it sounds like absolute nonsense.
    "When was the last time you ever interviewed anyone from any band ever and they told you this isn't their best album? It's a cliché thing, right? But I really felt with the last album, 'Venomous Rat', that somehow, you don't consciously think you're off the tracks and you're veering off — you're just making music and you're doing your thing. You don't see your life from the outside point of view that other people will view you in your music. But I felt like with 'Venomous Rat' that somehow we had gotten back on track; it actually felt that way. Like, 'Wow! This feels like it did years ago.'"
    He continued: "This record is just continued further down that road where it feels like you're inspired. You don't feel like, 'Ah, God, we have to write some more songs.' Every song seems different and exciting; it seems like the old days."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob...VEDGAQ1gZ8i.99

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I felt like with 'Venomous Rat' that somehow we had gotten back on track;
    Definitely agree, I haven't enjoyed a Rob Zombie album so much since 1998...
    That's why I'm reining in my enthusiasm until I actually hear the thing. Just like with Manson's Pale Emperor, I really want to see if that creative surge is a one-off oddity, or an actual return to form. Obviously hoping for the latter.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I liked Rat Regeneration Vendor but it was his weakest album. I hope the next one is better.

Funny reading that above. Different strokes for different folks.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I liked Rat Regeneration Vendor but it was his weakest album. I hope the next one is better.

Funny reading that above. Different strokes for different folks.
    I listen to Venomous Rat the most really, so I'm really happy about this news.

I particularly love The Girl Who Loved The Monsters.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-07-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Album titles keep getting weirder.

http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-new-s...ctric-warlock/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Album titles keep getting weirder.

http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-new-s...ctric-warlock/

Haha wow! I love it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hope whatever's coming today (Jan 11) also includes the full track listing.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    08 JANUARY, 2016The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser

Hey you fuckers. Just want to welcome you and say thank you for getting on board with The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser!
    This album is the best thing we’ve done to date, and we can’t wait to share it with you. No, we mean it. It’s the most fucked up thing we’ve ever done. We spent so much time putting this monster together and it’s been worth it because this thing is about to explode!
    The album is out on April 29, but there is a lot of shit going on in the lead up to the release, so check out the presale, get involved in the discussions and check back here for updates regularly! This bitch is moving forward FAST, and it’s a train you don’t want to fucking miss.
    Oh, and if you don’t believe how fucked up this album is, take a look at the track listing below. Shit gets weird.
    1. The Last Of The Demons Defeated
    2. Satanic Cyanide! The Killer Rocks On!
    3. The Life And Times Of A Teenage Rock God
    4. Well, Everybody’s Fucking In A U.F.O.
    5. A Hearse Overturns With The Coffin Bursting Open
    6. The Hideous Exhibitions Of A Dedicated Gore Whore
    7. Medication For The Melancholy
    8. In The Age Of The Consecrated Vampire We All Get High
    9. Super-Doom-Hex-Gloom Part One
    10. In The Bone Pile
    11. Get Your Boots On! That’s The End Of Rock And Roll
    12. Wurdalak
    Thanks again, you Zombie motherfuckers.
    Rob
    www.fuckinginaUFO.com
    #fuckinginaUFO

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/robzombie
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-11-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    6. The Hideous Exhibitions Of A Dedicated Gore Whore
    I need it for this haha.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    horror-post-rock titles ftw

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Why would a hugely successful artist like Rob need PledgeMusic in the first place?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I love Rob Zombie so much, everything about the dude.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Why would a hugely successful artist like Rob need PledgeMusic in the first place?
    Not sure if "Need" is the correct word. I just think it was probably the best option to go with for him. I'd say it makes it a lot easier for him and results in more money than other options.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Rob Zombie doing the voice of Mr Pickles -

https://m.facebook.com/RobZombie/pho...53535226443323

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Catchy but a little too short.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Catchy but a little too short.

easier listening access.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I really wish he'd put out a trailer for 31...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I really wish he'd put out a trailer for 31...
    No joke, it's been a while since any news of it....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    He posts about 31 on his Facebook page all the time. It was recently shown at Sundance I believe, although there's no reviews yet that I can see. Other than that he posts production pictures all the time of the actors both in and out of costume.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    He posts about 31 on his Facebook page all the time. It was recently shown at Sundance I believe, although there's no reviews yet that I can see. Other than that he posts production pictures all the time of the actors both in and out of costume.
    I posted a review in the horror movie thread I made. It's got good reviews.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-01-2016 at 10:17 PM. Reason: auto correct made me retarded

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBk-ih0TMhh/

ummmm... FUCK YES.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Damn, the record is only 31:23 in length:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_El...tion_Dispenser

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Damn, the record is only 31:23 in length:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_El...tion_Dispenser
    I'm cool with it. Rob is better in small doses, when he shows some restraint. Besides, it's probably a tribute to his favorite old rock records, which had similar length.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been blasting Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor, my favourite Rob Zombie record. I like it more when he does more classic-rock/heavy metal type stuff instead of the electronic-based songs, and that album is just so fun. Educated Horses is very good in places, too, but I never got HillBilly Deluxe 2, I only enjoy Cease To Exist really, those processed vocals are awesome.

Anyway, I like the less-heavy/more psychedelic (if it can be called that) direction he took with Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor, and it seems this record is going to be in the same vein and I can't wait for it. Having John 5 and Ginger Fish together probably changed things for the better, too, it genuinely sounds like everyone's been having more fun.