Page 66 of 181 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Weddings and wedding receptions of friends and loved ones.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    After 13 years Aphex Twin has finally dropped another album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nvm
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-22-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    A most triumphant weekend.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My friend just brought me Wonton/Egg Drop soup, grapefruit juice, medicine, and Vick's scented Puffs.

Suck a dick, cold!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    oh my god THAT SOUNDS SO FUCKING GOOD. i woke up achy and fevery. i just want to curl up with my dogs and sulk, but i'm at work until 9:00.

on topic (and related): sulking cheers me up. indulging in my misery and feeling totally sorry for myself cheers me up.

i guess. I JUST WANT SOME GODDAMN SOUP.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The First Power is coming to blu ray NA for the first time, tomorrow. Don't know if you guys have nostalgia for older movies, but I'm a bit giddy about this.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Finding out that I have a pretty decent credit score.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    on topic (and related): sulking cheers me up. indulging in my misery and feeling totally sorry for myself cheers me up.
    I definitely know what that's like all too well. I end up feeling horrible, but it certainly helps me purge those emotions away as I'm usually forced to keep them all inside, and I at least find it to be realistic. Pretending to be happy just makes me feel even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i guess. I JUST WANT SOME GODDAMN SOUP.
    I could actually go for some soup too, now that you've mentioned it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I definitely know what that's like all too well. I end up feeling horrible, but it certainly helps me purge those emotions away as I'm usually forced to keep them all inside, and I at least find it to be realistic. Pretending to be happy just makes me feel even worse.

I could actually go for some soup too, now that you've mentioned it.
    hot and sour soup. the cheap americanized kind. GIMME.

has anyone ever tried p.f. chang's cheap americanized kind? BLEH.

on topic: a brand new pair of contacts, amirite?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    You gotta get in on this wonton/egg drop soup collab. It was great. I don't even like most soup when I'm feeling well. But when I'm sick, it's great.

Edit: It also needs like 4 packets of hot mustard.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 10-06-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Heated salt. That sounds freaking amazing. I'm so fucking hungry right now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    *this is a little things that piss me off post*

Next doors dog is still howling because their owners have not been home yet. This pisses me off because it's past seven o'clock which means they haven't even fed the poor little guy. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm half tempted to throw a chop across the fence for him >.<

P.S. Also. Can the people who caused the lock down of the 'Little Things That Piss You Off' thread stop ruining it for the rest of us that would be awesome. Kthxbai.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    When the pre-workout kicks in.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    When the pre-workout kicks in.

Dude... What do you use? I used to take Jack3d ALL THE TIME. Both when I was serious about working out. And then like, I would even just drink some before going to work(I had to be to this job by 6:00). And then I would take caffeine pills. And then I would drink espresso all day at that job. I have an "uppers" problem.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Dude... What do you use? I used to take Jack3d ALL THE TIME. Both when I was serious about working out. And then like, I would even just drink some before going to work(I had to be to this job by 6:00). And then I would take caffeine pills. And then I would drink espresso all day at that job. I have an "uppers" problem.

I used the shit out of jack3d before thr FDA made them pull the DMAA from it, the whole "it's an amphetamine that's killing people" thing got their attention I guess. Now I use C4 and LOVE IT.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @Sarah K Your "steak on your boobs" comment on FB made me laugh so hard in the car today. My daughter had to tell me to cut it out.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    going to whinge on the "little things that piss you off" thread. finding it closed. re evaluating whether or not my whinge is a valid way to vent (lttpyo: when the concept of missing someone of the opposite gender cannot be understood as what it is...missing someone.). and landing here to say the little thing that cheers me up is coming here. to ets. gods, folks, don't shut the bloody board down if things get fucktarded, ok? yeah. please thanks. lol. never a dull moment around these here parts, eh? <3 i love all of you. YOU all cheer me up, and that is not a little thing. thank you.
    (errr..i am not being sarcastic or making light of some of the shenanigans that go down. just needed a lift, and got it in an odder way than anticipated.
    Last edited by Lew; 10-08-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: paranoid android

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    @Sarah K Your "steak on your boobs" comment on FB made me laugh so hard in the car today. My daughter had to tell me to cut it out.
    I'm hilarious. Like, I'll go back and read things that I typed the next day, and laugh because I say the dumbest/funniest shit. Glad that someone else is laughing with me :P

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I picked up a Coolermaster Quickfire TK keyboard. It's backlit, the keys are full-size, they're mechanical switches, and it combines the number pad and navigation keys in a way that I found to be pretty clever. The backlighting is white. The font is chunky, with a stylized A. It's such a nerdy thing to be happy about, but I'm really chuffed about getting this keyboard.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The term cisgender is hilarious. A lot of those terms for gender are funny, though. What happened to Male and Female; straight and gay? Has it really come to the point where normal people have to redefine a word that literally has no (+/-) stigma attached to it? Makes me smile, don't know why.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Gender isn't binary. It lies on a spectrum. Same with orientation.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nvm
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-22-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Gender isn't binary. It lies on a spectrum. Same with orientation.
    We're born either male or female, and on rare occasions intersex. It's only after we've become aware of our sexual confusion, that terms such as x,y,z gender are introduced as a coping mechanism. Oddly enough, to make these sexually confused people feel more normal, the very word they are trying to take away from us (normal). This doesn't make sense, though. It's only through mutations that our genetic code has allowed for black, white, brown, blue eyes, intelligence etc. So being labeled abnormal doesn't necessarily have a (+/-) stigma attached to it, either. Every link in our evolutionary (f you're atheist) chain, is literally an abnormality that works better.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    We're born either male or female, and on rare occasions intersex. It's only after we've become aware of our sexual confusion, that terms such as x,y,z gender are introduced as a coping mechanism. Oddly enough, to make these sexually confused people feel more normal, the very word they are trying to take away from us (normal). This doesn't make sense, though. It's only through mutations that our genetic code has allowed for black, white, brown, blue eyes, intelligence etc. So being labeled abnormal doesn't necessarily have a (+/-) stigma attached to it, either. Every link in our evolutionary (f you're atheist) chain, is literally an abnormality that works better.

Biological sex and gender identity are two very different things. Also, gender identity has nothing to do with "sexual confusion".

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Biological sex and gender identity are two very different things. Also, gender identity has nothing to do with "sexual confusion".
    Orly?

Me: I was born a male and I'm into hot chicks = I'm a straight, normal male.
    Super gender: I was born a male trapped in a female body, trapped in a bisexual transvestite = I'm a straight.. no wait, I'm a gay.. no no, hold on. Wait, what the hell am I?

Wouldn't it be easier and less offensive to normal people if this sexually confused people just admitted they're either male or female, straight of gay? Why aren't the cissy man's feelings considered in all this BS? That's a hurtful word, Sarah K. It's literally a reverse heterophobic jab, considering the word sissy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    "Normal people"?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Re that craziness above me: http://i.imgur.com/a4RjOXV.mp4

Imgur allowing mp4's cheers me up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    "Normal" isn't really a thing in all of this.

It's perfectly fine to identify yourself as a straight male. I identify as a straight female.

Can you explain why the gender identity and orientation of other people is seemingly a threat to you? You seem pretty obsessed with the topic.

This picture cheers me up because Biden is awesome and hilarious.