Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Why does Anthony Kiedis sound like Weird Al doing a parody of a RHCP song about drunken sailors?
    Haha i agree.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Why does Anthony Kiedis sound like Weird Al doing a parody of a RHCP song about drunken sailors?
    and with weird Irish cadences/pronunciations from time to time. what?

maybe he's channeling techno viking? I see him doing the dance at a couple points. whew.

he looks like what Iggy Pop looked like when I saw him live in 98.

also came to mind:

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It pisses me off sometimes that people see John as some kind of messiah...
    I'm With You > Stadium Arcadium.
    I wish they'd find a way to keep both John and Josh.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I'd describe it as Scar Tissue meets Dani California. It's enjoyable, inoffensive, and just creative enough to be interesting. It sounds exactly like you would expect a RHCP single to sound.
    Yup. This isn't bad, but I am really underwhelmed. This could have have been a b-side from 2002.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think the music sounds great but the vocals/lyrics are beyond awful. I really think John has something with those guys, the groove is definitely better.

Although my favorite album is still One Hot Minute so maybe my opinion shouldn't matter ��

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The video was about a million miles of cringe.

The song was fine, if unremarkable, but that video is just old men embarrassing the fuck out of themselves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It’s a good song to highlight and announce that Frusciante’s back

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Every time I see this band mentioned I’m reminded of the bit from 6:06 of this video, lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    The video was about a million miles of cringe.

The song was fine, if unremarkable, but that video is just old men embarrassing the fuck out of themselves.
    Anthony Kiedis has some serious Mac from Always Sunny vibes with the outfit and the "karate" moves

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    two Getaway b-sides have been released; there are MP3 and FLAC links on the page.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The latest single Poster Child is pretty cool. It's really the sound that I am hoping for from this record. Loving how the guitar overdubs are peppered in.

Ironically, it most reminds me of the OHM BSide "Stretch You Out".

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    First single did nothing for me, but this is more like it... made me pull out my Stadium Arcadium vinyl set and listen to the whole thing tonight.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They are releasing a Lakers purple and gold vinyl for the new album... I HAD to get it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The platypus arrrrrrgh few...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Three songs in, I am liking the sound of the record. The dry sounds of the drums pleases me especially. I have to sip on water listening to the cymbals alone. I am enjoying John's understated playing but I wish that his backing vocals were a little more present. Anthony hasn't done anything I hated yet. Every element feels well placed, so far.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    First single did nothing for me, but this is more like it... made me pull out my Stadium Arcadium vinyl set and listen to the whole thing tonight.
    I love Stadium Arcadium although I will admit there's a bit too much of it. Would've been better if they had made 1 really full cd rather than 2. To be fair, a lot of my favorites on the record weren't the ones getting played. John is such a singular, amazing musician. I think my favorite record by them is By the Way. I've played that record to death. I can't wait for the show even though I've pretty much sworn off the big stadium & arena shows for the most part. We're getting Thundercat & the Strokes opening. Interested in Thundercat, don't really care much for the Strokes.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 03-26-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Trikkle trikkle trikkle. Diving in now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep. This album is not good.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    RHCP are a band where I like them a lot, but I've not gotten into the albums in a long, long time: like, I guess the last one was One Hot Minute, which I didn't dig very much.

They've got at least fifteen songs that I fucking ADORE, like the one about living in California, and the one about moving to California, and the one about California. I do legitimately love a lot of that stuff.

And I got to thinking: I don't know ANYONE irl who's like a hardcore RHCP fan, going to multiple shows and waiting for every release.

Is it just me, or did they kind of become sort of a "radio" band for a lot of people? Like, everyone wanna hear Last Dance With Mary Jane, Life is More Than Just a Read Thru, and Where I Go I Just Don't No, and With The Bug I Share The Lonely View and such, but they aren't anybody's favorite band.

Also, the platypus arrrre few.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    RHCP are a band where I like them a lot, but I've not gotten into the albums in a long, long time: like, I guess the last one was One Hot Minute, which I didn't dig very much.

They've got at least fifteen songs that I fucking ADORE, like the one about living in California, and the one about moving to California, and the one about California. I do legitimately love a lot of that stuff.

And I got to thinking: I don't know ANYONE irl who's like a hardcore RHCP fan, going to multiple shows and waiting for every release.

Is it just me, or did they kind of become sort of a "radio" band for a lot of people? Like, everyone wanna hear Last Dance With Mary Jane, Life is More Than Just a Read Thru, and Where I Go I Just Don't No, and With The Bug I Share The Lonely View and such, but they aren't anybody's favorite band.

Also, the platypus arrrre few.
    I feel this way about Weezer

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I feel this way about Weezer
    Me too!

I mean the singles are fucking awesome (except Beverly Hills).
    But not running out and buying the record.

That being said, Weezer did/does still have a bat shit crazy cult following. So to me, it's still a little different.

RHCP, honestly, has pretty much ALWAYS been, mostly, a singles band for me.

That doesn't mean i haven't listened to SOME of the b-sides.

"i think ima go on a walkabout/to find out what it's ALL about!"

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Disappointed in the new record on first listen. Seems terminally mellow. I'll have to listen again. Anthony remains the weak point, not a shock.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quite boring after first listen. Hope it grows on me

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Quite boring after first listen. Hope it grows on me
    I feel the same way, doesn't feel substantial at all. Almost like well-produced demo sessions or B-sides.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Borefest, just like last album i appreciate the instrumentation and production values, but the album doesn't talk to me in any way and confirms to me that this band "died" after "Californication".

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Borefest, just like last album i appreciate the instrumentation and production values, but the album doesn't talk to me in any way and confirms to me that this band "died" after "Californication".
    I really love "By the Way". Frusciante just took over on that record.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "It exists..." is the best review I can give it. I thought "Apes" was a great halfway point... only to see there were ELEVEN more tracks after it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think Poster Child and Not The One are the good tracks so far
    this album lacks energy. Reminds me of Pearl Jam’s Gigaton in that aspect

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    how you can compare this to that is amazing to me. Dance of the Clairvoyants vs. anything on this album? man. but ok.