Page 58 of 181 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    my cat mr whiskers...he either has kitty Alzheimer's or just some kind of anxiety, but he will randomly get "lost" in the house, start wondering where everyone is, and i SWEAR TO GOD he struggles to say "hello." Like "MWEWo...MWELO."

it's fucking adorable and hilarious...i keep trying to get it on tape, but i can't ever catch it 'cause he stops if he spots me.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The fact that Randazzo closed my thread, Levi reopened it to give his 2 cents, and took the time to facepalm every single post in it. Then an hour later Randazzo goes back and does the exact same thing, with other people following the facepalm trend like it makes any fuckin difference. And people didn't even watch the clips! No clue what the actual content was. You all just wanted something to hate. This is your community folks! Filled with anger and ignorance and fear, definitely no laughter. Any excuse at all to vilify. How do you not see you are exactly what you claim to be against?
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 07-17-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Get off your high horse. Those "jokes" you posted weren't "ha ha misogyny" they were just plain misogyny. You're like those people who say, "Now, I'm not racist, but..."

And just FYI, moderators and administrators can post to locked threads. They don't have to reopen them. It's not usually cool to kick a poster down in a thread when they can't respond to defend themselves, but in your case, I think an exception can be made.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    The fact that Randazzo closed my thread, Levi reopened it to give his 2 cents, and took the time to facepalm every single post in it. Then an hour later Randazzo goes back and does the exact same thing, with other people following the facepalm trend like it makes any fuckin difference. And people didn't even watch the clips! No clue what the actual content was. You all just wanted something to hate. This is your community folks! Filled with anger and ignorance and fear, definitely no laughter. Any excuse at all to vilify. How do you not see you are exactly what you claim to be against?
    This.

This is what cheers me up.

When I wake up, the first thing I do when I roll out of bed is log into Echoing the Sound, just to see that little word under my name: Administrator. That word that I gave myself. The thing that keeps me going through the day is that I have power - real power - to stymie and destroy human life and lifestyle. Power I gave myself, the authority to crush laughter, and fill my underlings with anger, ignorance, and fear. It wells up, it feels like a bouquet of colors bursting out of my chest, that I can sign into this bustling community of, like, 300, and vilify someone who calls himself Agent of Chaos.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well finally. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ... What the crap happened in the 12 hours I was gone from ETS.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    A few emotional breakdowns and Trollfest 2014.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    What happened to melting down in a more subtle manner?
    I mean, comedians have been doing bits on ladies AND dudes forever but those are bits--they're purposely turning the volume up to 11, often making light of their own shortcomings/issues in the process. Girls can be cruel, I've been hurt a lot, and I don't get down with the games that some of them play but rest assured, some dudes are just as ridiculous, inconsiderate and shallow. We all kind of suck.
    You're not Louie CK. You're a troll.

in unrelated news, weren't Death Grips supposed to headline Trollfest?
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-17-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Whenever I'm actually in the mood, playing my Super Nintendo still does the trick for me from time to time. Oh yes, and watching Seinfeld as well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tiny bubble champagne

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Fishbone on a Sunday night ,,,

-Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Local 4 cheers me up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Spontaneous Mexican dinner dates with my besties

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm getting that signed poster for NIN/QOTSA!!!!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Iced coffee with Junior Mints or York Mint Peppermint Patties. I also like Starbucks or Monster Energy coffee from the can chilled as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Leaving the city behind for a weekend in the country. So long stink town!

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My doggy's face when I get home. He is the only creature that is ALWAYS excited to see me. I lourve dat pooch!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The fact that the majority of people here won't put up with some poster's misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia etc... cheers me up. You guys are awesome <3

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    The fact that the majority of people here won't put up with some poster's misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia etc... cheers me up. You guys are awesome <3
    Thats one of the good things about this board, even if everyones buttholes here are puckered just a LITTLE too tight we all seem to have the same general feelings towards that kinda stuff for the most part.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The sad thing is, I'm sure al Bundy etc were jokes at *the expense* of misogynists, and some of them fail to notice.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The sad thing is, I'm sure al Bundy etc were jokes at *the expense* of misogynists, and some of them fail to notice.
    Haha that dude went off the deep end for NO REASON. I can't figure it out.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I am SO EXCITED for August. The shows on the 1st and 2nd.

Then, on the 8th, I go back home to spend time with family and friends. I CANNOT WAIT to get out of the city for a bit. Spending time at the lake, boating, tubing? Yes, fucking PLEASE. As much as I am growing to love NYC, there is always going to be something about spending time outdoors without 50932734 people surrounding you. Peace and quiet. I'm really excited.

My step dad plays in a blues band and has this party at his house every year. This is the 18th one... It's super fun. All of his musician friends come and just play music all day. 100+ people usually come. My "brother" from Hong Kong is also coming back for it. I haven't seen him since September!

I spent so many years fantasizing about leaving Nebraska. Now that I have, I can't wait to visit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I came into this thread to be cheered up and now I'm severely disappointed and there should be a little things that disappoint you thread.

It cheers me up whenever I check the mail and there's packages waiting for me. Always such a good feeling!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i fucking love hallmark cards and looking for the right one is fun for me.

now wtf about this thread. you're all harshing my mellow, hateful jerks.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I got my Nintendo working. I spent the last hour playing "Super Mario 3." It had absolutely no hiccups and is working beautifully. That is all.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I got my Nintendo working. I spent the last hour playing "Super Mario 3." It had absolutely no hiccups and is working beautifully. That is all.
    I'm still stuck on world 6

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    that's the tits

omg, that last ship, though -- argh!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm away from here to see a show and the Cheer You Up Thread goes all to hell? Not cheering me.

Will try to come up with something cheerful if I ever get out of the venue parking lot.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Jack White.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I don't really listen to Jack White, but he is the type of guy I'm attracted to although I'm not really attracted to him. He's all yours.