Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2021

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It looks like he has some original Russell Mills artwork hanging on the wall behind him. I'd LOVE to have one of those. (I do have the small piece that came with Cargo in the Blood, which is cool and all, but I mean a REAL one)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I contacted Russell through his website years and years ago about those leftover TDS-era prints he had and he was such a cool dude. Ended up giving me a great deal on five or six of them, which adorn the walls of my record room. They're high quality and I went yard on customized framing, that special plexi-glass that prevents UV ray damage, the whole pie..

I'm not an "art guy" who collects paintings or anything but those TDS Mills prints are a treasure and I want to crawl right into them every time I'm in that room. Some of that unused art from the Hes Marks era that made it into the CITB book..I'd buy those up in a heartbeat if he made them available, too..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It looks like he has some original Russell Mills artwork hanging on the wall behind him. I'd LOVE to have one of those. (I do have the small piece that came with Cargo in the Blood, which is cool and all, but I mean a REAL one)
    I have three of the CITB pieces and a three pieces from his Second Thoughts project. All worth every penny.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I contacted Russell through his website years and years ago about those leftover TDS-era prints he had and he was such a cool dude. Ended up giving me a great deal on five or six of them, which adorn the walls of my record room. They're high quality and I went yard on customized framing, that special plexi-glass that prevents UV ray damage, the whole pie..

I'm not an "art guy" who collects paintings or anything but those TDS Mills prints are a treasure and I want to crawl right into them every time I'm in that room. Some of that unused art from the Hes Marks era that made it into the CITB book..I'd buy those up in a heartbeat if he made them available, too..
    Same happened to me here! He’s super friendly and his prints are beautiful. I have two in my living room. If you’re after new art for your walls I’d definitely recommend reaching out!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Another win for Soul from the Hollywood Critics Association. The Best Score section with speech begins at 1 hour 15 and they also win an artisnal achievement award at 1 hour 55. It’s a long video!

Last edited by WorzelG; 03-07-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    BAFTA nominations for Soul and Mank.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Atticuses speech at 1h55 really made me laugh, good sense of humour!
    Last edited by laz001; 03-12-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Article in the New York Times asking questions of various artists including Trent about their pandemic year

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-lockdown.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by worzelg View Post
    article in the new york times asking questions of various artists including trent about their pandemic year

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-lockdown.html
    fight club musical confirmed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    fight club musical confirmed.
    Yes, Trent can blather all he likes about never expecting or doing anything to win awards, but he has a competitive side and now the awards are coming thick and fast, the EGOT must enter his mind!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don’t know, I feel like that direct of a reference has to be in response to a certain belief about the “next step” they might take. It’s too knowing, surely?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I found these instagram posts by sound designer/plugin developer Dillon Bastan (who made Inspired from Nature for Ableton Live):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxblrN6BZr6/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxbl9aFBh_1/
    "For Trent Reznor’s bday I was commissioned to make a series of audio generated drawings for each of his albums. Motors connected to charcoal are driven by audio input to dance and make a drawing. Scroll down through my posts to see the method I use."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I found these instagram posts by sound designer/plugin developer Dillon Bastan (who made Inspired from Nature for Ableton Live):
    "For Trent Reznor’s bday I was commissioned to make a series of audio generated drawings for each of his albums. Motors connected to charcoal are driven by audio input to dance and make a drawing. Scroll down through my posts to see the method I use."
    What a cool birthday idea, the last one looks like a cat and mouse

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    these are so interesting. i want to know which songs they are and who commissioned them. very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    David Carson just posted this on Facebook. Looks like that Hesitation Marks-era logo almost made its debut back in 2002!

Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-14-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just listened to the Oscars announcement - Soul and Mank are both nominated, so happy for that!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just listened to the Oscars announcement - Soul and Mank are both nominated, so happy for that!
    Kinda funny they're competing against themselves in the same category lol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Kinda funny they're competing against themselves in the same category lol
    Situations like this in the past have led to very deserving people getting shut out, due to the votes getting split. Hope that doesn't happen to TRAR.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Situations like this in the past have led to very deserving people getting shut out, due to the votes getting split. Hope that doesn't happen to TRAR.
    But, isn't it the score receiving votes and not the artist? I think I understand where you are coming from, but in reality it shouldn't affect the actual outcome. Either way it must feel pretty good to have two of your scores nominated considering how many are eligible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    But, isn't it the score receiving votes and not the artist? I think I understand where you are coming from, but in reality it shouldn't affect the actual outcome. Either way it must feel pretty good to have two of your scores nominated considering how many are eligible.
    Yeah, it's definitely a different situation to how it's gone in the past. Usually it's a situation like a musical receiving two nominations for best song or something like that. So hopefully they'll win.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3knic View Post
    just what I wanted to hear!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    In that Audioboom interview, does anyone know what synthesizer band Trent is talking about that experimented with guitars?
    Not sure if anyone ever mentioned Ladytron. But dawned on me the other day when I was listening to them.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "Down In It" is in the recent Hulu documentary by Soleil Moon Frye, Kid 90

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I dunno if her channel has been posted here before, but she has a lot of great videos deconstructing NIN music.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Ixi doesn't know it but I'm planning a biggish Hotline update. Super cool stuff

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    I dunno if her channel has been posted here before, but she has a lot of great videos deconstructing NIN music.

[/video]

I discovered her a few days ago and have watched every video. I know nothing about music theory yet it's still so fascinating

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I discovered her a few days ago and have watched every video. I know nothing about music theory yet it's still so fascinating
    My knowledge of music theory is pretty minimal (I took piano classes god knows how long ago - I've since forgotten most of it) but I think she breaks everything down in an a way that's pretty simple and understandable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From the latest Neil Young Archives newsletter:

Bridge School Concerts - We bring you the original Bridge School Concerts for a $9.99 donation per concert. Proceeds all go to the Bridge School and are available for anyone - subscriber of not. Tell your friends. Every show we have is coming. We just started with #1 Bruce, Nils, Tom Petty, CSNY.
    Worth monitoring for a certain 2006 performance, thought there is the caveat that it's "every show we​ have"....

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2021

Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    From the latest Neil Young Archives newsletter:

Worth monitoring for a certain 2006 performance, thought there is the caveat that it's "every show we​ have"....
    FUCKING FINALLY!!!
    i’ve long wanted to see this performance by reznor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk