Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brasil FTW!)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Maybe not the best term to describe it...I'm thinking literally here.

By all means I just mean Germany were at another level. Simply too good for Brazil this time, from the get-go...they ran with the momentum they sparked, and yes, Brazil didn't adjust...couldn't, apparently.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It felt like Brazil was playing with 10 men, or even 9. Still, Germany were determined to keep the steamroller fuelled, even with a sure victory.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    It felt like Brazil was playing with 10 men, or even 9. Still, Germany were determined to keep the steamroller fuelled, even with a sure victory.
    The commentators on ESPN were saying that. Man, we're still talking about it. Will it be bigger than what happened in 1950?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Heh, my cousin: "Well, there's no way that team is not in protective custody surrounded by heavily armed guards right now."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So fucking happy right now!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    World Cup 1990 finals reloaded, i hope Argentina wins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought the Netherlands were the better team and it felt Argentina played exactly for what they wanted in the end: penalties.

Germany vs Argentina part 3 Messi has the chance to ascend to the pantheon of all time greats and shut Maradroga up for some of his earlier comments concerning this team. The Germans IMO are the stronger side on paper but this is all falling into place for Argentina. Will it happen? who knows just hoping for a great final.

Argentina winning it all in Brasil....Oh man could it possibly get any worst for the host.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Messi but the team ethic of Germany has me rooting for them in the final (I'm also an Arsenal fan so I gotta root for our three Germans). However, after all is said and done, I'm gonna be so sad after this tournament comes to a close. This World Cup has been amazing!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm going for Argentina as I want to see Messi finally achieve his dream. My dad told me about the 1990 game which was a re-match itself of the '86 game when Germany was West Germany and lost to Argentina.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Sigh. Holland really should have saved the final substitution for the keeper, like they did against Costa Rica. The keepers won them that match - and they lost this one for the same reason.

Don't like either of the teams in the final. I'll need a big-arse jug of coffee to get me through Sunday's match.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    as a portuguese i was rooting for Brasil, and boy was that painful to watch. Atleast my brasilian friends stopped making fun of Portugal's 4-0 score, and we had played with one less player, had a penalty and played with injured players.

Now im rooting for Germany, Argentina is probably wondering how they got into the final, like Italy usually does.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think Germany is going to win. Then in four years, the final will again be Germany vs. Argentina and Argentina will win. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm going for Argentina. I have a friend who looks like Messi.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I hope Netherlands wins the third place, in my country it's a sin to say this but they played WAY better that Brasil during the tournament and they deserve the cup someday, still i think Brasil could easily win/cheat the game so they'll get some redemption for their disastrous game against Germany.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I hope Netherlands wins the third place, in my country it's a sin to say this but they played WAY better that Brasil during the tournament and they deserve the cup someday, still i think Brasil could easily win/cheat the game so they'll get some redemption for their disastrous game against Germany.
    Sinner! What kind of Mexican are you? lol

I want Netherlands to lose just for the fact that they shut out muy guapo Ochoa & Co.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Sinner! What kind of Mexican are you? lol

I want Netherlands to lose just for the fact that they shut out muy guapo Ochoa & Co.
    I'm just being objective, lol...

also: i'm already taking "Anger management lessons" with my Robben piñata, lol:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Dutch wins 3-0 to end their World Cup performance on a high note. Yet, Brazil just continues to cry.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Go Germany!!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Go Argentina!!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Go banana!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Banana wins.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Germany is going to get shit-faced tonight w/ all of that beer, chocolate, and sausages. They're going to be blasting a wild mix of Kraftwerk, Neu!, Can, Scorpions, Accept, Helloween, Rammstein, and David Hasselhoff. That is a great team and they deserved to win.

And I think we should close this thread on a high-note w/ this....

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Lionel Messwho?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How the fuck did Messi win player of the tournament? He wasn't even Argentina's best player.

Congrats to Germany. They deserved it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congrats Germany! They were the best team during the World Cup and deserved to win.

But........Argentina will be having nightmares about some incredible missed chances. Higuain had an opportunity early in the match gift wrapped to him by the German defense and blew it. Messi had an incredible chance as well and couldn't get it on target. Palacio also had a good chance late.

How did Messi win the Golden Ball? Schurrle deserved it more then him...

Anyways great tournament from start to finish, the best team won in the end.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    How the fuck did Messi win player of the tournament? He wasn't even Argentina's best player.
    Agreed. I feel like Rojo played better than Messi.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Mario Gotze. Scores the winning goal of the World Cup. A World Champion... and gets to home to this....

Man, life is very damn good for him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This was an amazing final from start to finish, and it could have gone either way. Germany seemed to be more in control on the whole, but Argentina had the most clear cut, how-did-he-miss-that chances. But yes, based on the overall picture and the entire tournament, Germany was indeed the best team and rightly deserved the cup. I'm glad it didn't go to penalties, it would have been a shame for this final to be overshadowed by that dreaded procedure!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The final was great. Evenly matched, high tension, lots of chances, good refereeing, beautiful goal to win it, not ending in penalties. I'm happy Germany won as they were my preferred team going into it, though I would have been good with Messi winning as well. Really great tournament overall.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Agreed. I feel like Rojo played better than Messi.
    Di maria was by far Argentina's best player throughout the tournmanet, anyway i think the award should've been given to Robben.

Congratulations to Germany, happy this one didn't end in a penalty shoot out.