Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i saw sasha velour yesterday at boise pride. it was a lot of fun. bianca, sherry vine, lady bunny, and jackie beat were here, too -- i missed out on tickets to the egyptian. bummer.

omg, that last episode was INCREDIBLE. everyone slayed (esp. aquaria -- i've stopped fighting it ... she's fierce as fuck) the "american" verses and choreo. it was amazing.
    Last edited by kel; 06-17-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    holy shit ... that was the best lip sync i've ever seen ("if"). i'm shook. literally started tearing up, got chills, everything. wow. thank you, gay gods, for making it janet jackson themed.

other stray observations:

is it just me or did vanjie forget to shave her chest? maybe it was on purpose. i dunno.

oh, man ... asia's butterfly schtick ... so fucking painful to watch. those poor things probably hung out in her boobs and accessories for hours before she opened them up. nothing happened, oy ... so sad.

a winner will be crowned in five minutes. aquaria or eureka will take this. i'm cool with either.
    Last edited by kel; 06-29-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I really felt bad for Asia, because as much as I didn't want Kameron to go on to the final it was just like... girl, no. I'm quite fine with the overall results. I will say that when Sasha came out looking like the fiercest thing EVER this side of a Syfy show, I was wondering if they could just let her be queen for another year.

Also, where the fuck was Tammie?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Also, where the fuck was Tammie?
    omg you're right. wtf? and what happened to rebecca glasscock's face?

i'm so okay with the winner. took a lot of time to get there. she's fucking fierce and it's like she's from the fucking future or something.

also OPRAH!

what a great season.
    Last edited by kel; 06-28-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.newnownext.com/rupauls-dr..._facebook_logo

Looks like Drag Race will be returning to TV earlier than expected! "RuPaul's Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular" begins airing Dec. 7th on VH1.

Eureka O'Hara, Jasmine Masters, Kim Chi, Latrice Royale, Mayhem Miller, Shangela, Sonique, and Trixie Mattel will compete for the title of America's first Drag Race Xmas Queen.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    looks like it airs only on december 7th. a one-off thing. should still be fun, but WHEN DOES SEASON 11 OR AS4 PREMIERE? everyone knows both seasons have taped.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Argh, that's too bad. I was hoping for a mini series to get pumped up for whatever starts in the Spring. That's just bizarre how long they wait to air stuff after they tape it. I don't actively seek out spoilers at all, but it seems like that info is probably out there :/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hopefully they announce S11 or AS4 after the Holi-Slay event.

And I know this will never happen, but goddamn do I want to see an All Stars series with previous winners. Just need more Sharon in my life tbh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Aaaaaaand the AS4 cast is official!

https://ew.com/tv/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-4-cast/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow, starts before the end of the year even. Wasn't expecting that haha

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i don’t love this new practice of bringing back queens for a third time. or past winners like bebe. there’s shangela, i know, but that’s the running gag with her (and i think it’s probably over with). like, i’m manila fatigued. phi phi was kind of right when she said all stars is turning into a real world/road rules challenge. and why is monique heart here? and farrah? so meh.
    Last edited by kel; 11-10-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think Manila and Latrice are just getting a chance to be on a version of All Stars that wasn't a complete dumpster fire that season 1 was with the forced pairs. But Pandora fucking Boxx should be first in line to get redemption then. I do largely agree, though. All Stars should be renamed because it's definitely getting into just RuPaul's Second or More Chances territory.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    pandora was a cunt to mimi in as1. and i didn’t think it was that terrible of a season. we got the juju/raven “dancing on my own” iconic lip sync.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    pandora was a cunt to mimi in as1. and i didn’t think it was that terrible of a season. we got the juju/raven “dancing on my own” iconic lip sync.
    that lipsync still makes me cry.

also, mimi is the fucking worst so i don't blame pandora for being like that to her.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    really? is mimi that bad? i always liked her, aside from the wrestlemania shit from her season. i think she’s funny and didn’t deserve the non-welcome she got in as1. i think she was set up to lose, as she did.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Not ecstatic about AS1 (or any AS contestants) repeats being on AS4, but boy am I glad to see more of Latrice and Manila.

There was definitely a few surprises, Farrah was great on her season but is she AS material? I guess they're pumping the AS's out now, considering there has only been 10 seasons of the actual show.

Happy that Monet is back though, love that bish. And excited for the chances of a POC winner this year!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Okay, I want that wasted hour of my life back right the fuck now lol.

Sonique looks SICKENING and some of those pit crew members were hot as fuck and that's really the only good things I have to say. Oh and I'm still crushing pretty hard on Mayhem. The editing alone made my head spin. AS4 better be a hell of a lot better than what I just watched.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 12-07-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i thought it was adorable. i didn’t expect a competition, got a cute, gay christmas show. mostly an ad for ru’s album. omg, sonique looked AMAZING. i expected a booger, got a bombshell. so happy for her.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Eh, I was just pissy because I had to be up for work at 4:30 this morning and specifically stayed up late to watch that lol. I did legitimately think the editing was atrocious, though. One part came off as kinda tasteless how one of the queens (Mayhem? I forget) was having something of a serious downer moment talking about not having much money during Christmas time growing up and you see Trixie rudely ignoring her and shaking her head around like she's having a seizure and all of a sudden everyone's joyfully singing. I was just like seriously WTF.

Ru and Michelle at the end reminded me of that one Golden Girls episode where Rose blew everyone away with her sick dance moves. So dumb hahaha.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    AS4 thoughts so far? I didn't really agree with the top 2, but the decision was correct. Farrah's probably going to annoy the shit out of me. Gia is painted in a light to make her quite a horrible person, and I'm not really sure how much of that is producer bait/editing, but geez. I feel like she should have been in the top though, as well as Manila.

Valentina did nothing at all remarkable but people love her so idk. She'll probably win the whole thing, just like Trixie.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i wish i had more to say about it. i thought the premier was okay, no one blew me outta the water (much like the cast reveal). i don’t really feel invested in any of these queens. remember when april carrion (foolishly) predicted she’d be on all stars 2 and everyone was like lolwut? with this bunch it seems totally plausible. like, nicole paige brooks could fit the bill. i dunno, i’m still gonna show up for every episode and try and be optimistic.

but fuck gia gunn. such an insufferable cunt.
    Last edited by kel; 12-21-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I honestly couldn't remember who April was until I googled. And guess what, I still don't. But he's pretty cute. Nicole Paige Brooks lol. A season 5 would have to start digging deep. It would be so completely unnecessary.

Can I just say I'm glad Monique got scolded for the wig removal thing. I'm sick to death of that. I also really don't want to see sponges on another episode, Monet. You've used your quota.

Alright, I think I'm done, trying to look forward to tonight haha

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    for sure, the wig-snatch bullshit piqued in season five and she should know better. the gasp has turned into a groan when it happens (and it shouldn’t!). i can say that i’m happier to see manila more than i thought i would be. her *talent* was actually really cool and completely unexpected.

edit: does anyone else watch the ru-makes or ru-caps on youtube? they’re fucking hysterical. the dude’s channel is muniz, i think.
    Last edited by kel; 12-21-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't, and I'll have to check those out!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    love that they didn’t blur “motherfucking” during naomi’s number. also, that runway SLAYED. holy shit.
    Last edited by kel; 12-22-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^But they did blur out Valentina's nipples lmao

I feel like Naomi should've been top 2. Manila's runway look was everything.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I liked the spin on Match Game with the Love Connection mashup, but the quality level was just not there. Trinity was the only redeemable thing about her group, and the other group was just plain abysmal.

I also liked the last ditch effort of the producers to create drama over who would possibly be sent home, but geez if that wasn't ultimately the most obvious choice in the world.

I think I'm ready for Snatch game to just be done with. I know it's a very long-running and iconic thing for the show at this point, but I can't even tell you the last time I've actually enjoyed one of them.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    nooooo! we *need* the snatch game. maybe just tighten it up a bit? i dunno, maybe say no to impersonating a former queen. and youtube stars. or saying no to anyone who’s been impersonated? that’s a long shot and i like a good duel so i don’t really dig that idea. but you’re right — it’s just kind of lost it’s magic, but it’s totally necessary. i *didn’t* love the spin off, but trinity blew my mind.
    Last edited by kel; 01-03-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    wtf was up with ru’s look? chaquita banana milkmaid?

decent episode. i can’t get over trinity’s wig. amazing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    LOL at the Ru look.

That was a pretty intense elimination, but I'd probably have to sadly agree with the outcome. Girl just wasn't bringing it at all this whole season so far.