Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Got to the Hollywood Palladium around 6:20am and counted ~150 people. Once it hit 7am lots more people lined up. Apparently the first person in line got there since 11am yesterday,
    They started letting people into the official line within the venue lot at 8am, then ticket sales started promptly at 10am. Shout out to venue staff being really friendly and having made this a very well organized event for all there.

I too made new music friends in line and might meetup at one of the shows, thanks TR! One of them flew down from Portland. (if you see this, safe flight back home, lady!)
    Wow, I guess I was a little closer than I thought. I got there at 5:45am and thought there were probably about 180 people in front of me. We were probably pretty close to each other in line. When we all had to go through the metal detectors I got stuck behind someone who kept setting it off so I lost probably 10-15 places in line.

But... I was one of the people who ended up with Mobile tickets. The sales girls were like, there is literally no one in this line and you can come back to the box office at any time to get your tickets. I didn't take them up on it right away, but my friend did and he was able to get his tickets in minutes. It was super quick. They wouldn't let him back in line with me so after waiting around for another 20 mins I was like fuck it and decided to get mobile tickets. Since the Palladium is all GA, I figured it wasn't screwing anyone over based on my original place in line.

I'm sorry to hear that they didn't manage that process better, grabbing people from way further back in the line.

Operationally I got what they were doing, but definitely see how it caused a clusterfuck as the day went on.

I was all settled up and out the door by 11am... I'm planning on going back to the Palladium between now and Dec to get physical tickets printed. Love the envelope and ticket holders.

Everyone I was in line with was a hardcore NIN fan, but I'm sure there were some scalpers in the mix too. The guy behind me wasn't talking at all. I chatted with some really cool people and of course saw a lot of the usual suspects from shows.

Hopefully the NIN community will do all that it can to help get tickets into the hands of fans that want them. I know if I ever have extra tickets I come here first and try to trade dates. It's usually worked out.

An interesting experiement to be sure. I had vague memories of waiting in front of tower records in LA in 1997, ending up with last row Universal Ampitheater tickets to Jane's Addiction.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They actually did this back in the day, at least back in 2000 at a ticket outlet in the city I used to live in. KoRn were coming to town, and I guess it was buy your tickets in person or something? Because me and some people went down to an actual ticketing outlet in a mall and we were given wrist bands with a number on it and then right before the tickets went on sale, they held a raffle and pulled a number, which would correspond with whoever had that wristband. I was lucky, because my number was pulled first or second, something like that. So I got to go to the beginning of the line.

It works if you're lucky lol. It's a decent method to prevent a bunch of people loitering overnight. It's a game of chance though. I'd rather get a good nights sleep and play a game of chance than stand in a line for 10 hrs overnight. But that's just me. I'm too old to be standing in a line from 2 or 3am onwards. I like my sleep. 13-15 yrs ago I would have been all about that nonsense. Now I like setting my alarm 5 mins before tickets go on sale, rolling out of bed, buying said tickets online and going back to bed lol.
    That was kind of standard when I was a teen and wanted to get tickets for a popular concert, circa 1993-1999, after the sleep-over era but before you got your tix via ticketbastard online.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Got to the Hollywood Palladium around 6:20am and counted ~150 people. Once it hit 7am lots more people lined up. Apparently the first person in line got there since 11am yesterday,
    They started letting people into the official line within the venue lot at 8am, then ticket sales started promptly at 10am. Shout out to venue staff being really friendly and having made this a very well organized event for all there.

I too made new music friends in line and might meetup at one of the shows, thanks TR! One of them flew down from Portland. (if you see this, safe flight back home, lady!)
    Hey girl, that was me! I made it back last night, thanks. Didn’t know you were on this forum too, small world! I was a bit nervous about spending the morning alone, thanks for the great conversation

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If anyone has an extra GA ticket for the Irving, TX show I'd be willing to buy it off you. I underbought at the pre-sale and have a couple peeps bummed. So this would be a major major help to me. Thx in advance!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They actually did this back in the day, at least back in 2000 at a ticket outlet in the city I used to live in. KoRn were coming to town, and I guess it was buy your tickets in person or something? Because me and some people went down to an actual ticketing outlet in a mall and we were given wrist bands with a number on it and then right before the tickets went on sale, they held a raffle and pulled a number, which would correspond with whoever had that wristband. I was lucky, because my number was pulled first or second, something like that. So I got to go to the beginning of the line.
    I remember those days as well. Ticketmaster had a bunch of little outlets in malls. I have no problem with that system. You don't need to actually show up at the venue which makes a huge difference.

I bought my tickets for Fragility 2.0 like that. I was 4th or 5th in line. Picked my seats and went back home.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    As for the "no lines before 8:00," how could that ever be enforced?
    I made friends with our security and asked them this. Their reply. "We were told to let people line up, but discourage them from doing so." You know how many early camping scalpers this curtailed? Genius Trent, genius.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The premise of the no line before 8am was ridiculous to begin with. Those lines were on public property for the most part (i.e. sidewalks). A venue cannot tell you to not stand on a public sidewalk.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm still amazed at how many people just left their shit on the sidewalk in NY. Coffee cups, food wrappers, bags, bottles, chairs, food, etc. The sidewalk is not your trashcan. Hold onto your trash until you find a garbage can. I can't stand people who litter.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the date for when the remaining tickets will be put on sale?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I could not have had a better time standing in a line in dirty-ass Hollywood than I did on Saturday. Despite the several hundred people in line when we arrived, the venue capacity being 3,200 or so let me know that I'd be getting tickets without issue! And my line buddies were really nice—fans of differing eras of NIN, so lots of debates and stories. The ticket envelope was a nifty perk.

We did not have a listening station that I could see, was that actually a thing?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well I'm back. Got the the tickets I wanted for me, my daughters and one of their boyfriends for NYC. I wouldn't call it *fun* exactly, but it was something. As I am old enough to have grown girls, clearly I'm not a spring chicken, but there's still life in the old bird yet. Hauled the carcass out of bed in Brooklyn, got going as early as I could, and got to the line by 9am. Got my tickets a little before 5pm. Stood on my feet in line from when I got off the subway to when I went back in. It was nice to be around people that liked the same thing I do. I'm not chatty in public but it was okay - friendly folk all around. Being downtown in NY also helped the time pass - plenty to look at. Wore my winter coat and glad to have it. It really was quite chilly what with the amount of rain. Many people asked us what we were in line for.

Some people have mentioned a person (older man) who told a group of us around 11:15 or so? (I don't know if he continued down the line) that he 'wanted to be honest with us' and that we probably wouldn't get tickets because whatever was left at noon would also go up online at that time. Either he didn't know what he was talking about or lying. He had some credential around his neck (Radio City?) - maybe they hadn't bargained that so many of us would show up and be patient and stay. Then later on - 1 or so? a woman from Live Nation came out and said there were tickets and that everyone should stay in line. She also said there were 8 ticket windows, and each transaction took about 5 minutes. I did the math and that was a little discouraging because based on that, each of 8 windows could serve 12 people, meaning that was 96 people in 1 hour. I think it went a little faster than that.

I should mention I live in upstate NY, and it's a 4 hour drive first, then a 2.5 hour train ride just to Penn, then subway over to Brooklyn.

My thoughts on the shirt/poster about 'NIN the Physical World' - you know those bumper stickers that say 'this car climbed Mt. Washington' or whatever? It was like that. I didn't buy one, but I can see why someone might.

The thing about NIN is it's never a bad show. I've never ever seen a bad NIN show. I'm sorry for people who can't currently travel to get tickets (a lot of comments on instagram about kids' sports, babies, work, etc.). However, I missed many shows in the 90's due to that - it happens to everyone for a while. Then kids get older and you start going again, and take them with you.

I am thrilled to get good tickets to NIN at RADIO CITY - a nice place. We got our out in the cold and rain out of the way first, instead of buying tickets to a festival online, and then waiting around in bad weather for the show, that also may take place in bad weather. Now all we have to look forward to is enjoying the show in a very nice venue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    ...got to the line by 9am. Got my tickets a little before 5pm. Stood on my feet in line from when I got off the subway to when I went back in.
    Any truth to the rumor that TR will eschew the customary "Thank you! Good night!" over the needlessly complicated and modern amplified sound system at the end of the show and instead jot a personalized note of gratitude to each fan in attendance on parchment using his best penmanship and feather quill, to be individually stamped, wax-sealed, and posted airmail (first class!) by donning his Sunday best and walking confidently to the shiny blue mailbox at the end of his block, while stopping to compliment ol' Mrs. Beech on her rose garden and playing a quick game of jacks with the neighborhood kids, who have stopped hoop rolling just long enough to listen to the ball game on Billy's new transistor radio?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that TR will eschew the customary "Thank you! Good night!" over the needlessly complicated and modern amplified sound system at the end of the show and instead jot a personalized note of gratitude to each fan in attendance on parchment using his best penmanship and feather quill, to be individually stamped, wax-sealed, and posted airmail (first class!) by donning his Sunday best and walking confidently to the shiny blue mailbox at the end of his block, while stopping to compliment ol' Mrs. Beech on her rose garden and playing a quick game of jacks with the neighborhood kids, who have stopped hoop rolling just long enough to listen to the ball game on Billy's new transistor radio?
    The setlists will be handed out by telegram, all the samples and backing tracks are going to be performed by cranking the old Victrola in front of the fireplace and afterward everyone will gather around at the closest ice cream parlor to discuss the events and play pranks on Old Man Abernathy, who will die after suffering a heart attack and rejecting modern medicine

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Someone on reddit is claiming that the remaining tickets for the shows will be available on ticketmaster by this weekend.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    oooh new dates

False alarm, nothing to see here. The KiteBase tweet got excited for the Washington(state) folks.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 05-21-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Thanks to fine people at the Fox Theatre. I was able to get a discount through a special code and I got my ticket for a decent seat at a cool price. I'm going to the NIN show on September 27, 2018. This will be my fifth NIN show. FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an extra ticket holder & envelope with the glossy partial logo that I could buy for a reasonable price?
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-21-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking for ticket holder and poster

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is common to do, as I only reunited with my NIN obsession (vs. casual listening) the last couple years and never saw 'em before last year but here's some dream songs I'd love to see in NYC or captured elsewhere on the tour:

Right Where It Belongs
    And All That Could Have Been
    Various Methods of Escape
    The Great Below
    All The Love In The World
    The Fragile
    Demon Seed

And I'm sure plenty of songs from the EPs will be played so I won't list too many but I'd love to hear The Background World. Easily one of my favorite NIN songs.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My god I could only imagine if we got AATCHB live.
    I mean, other than the assholes who would talk through it, like when we finally got A Warm Place live.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The top 4 songs I want to hear live are:

1. The Perfect Drug
    2. Sunspots
    3. AATCHB
    4. Demon Seed

The only one of those that seems feasible is probably Sunspots to be honest. I'd die happy getting to hear any 1 of those songs pop up on this new tour.

The setlists will probably be heavy on material from NTAE, AV and Bad Witch. Which i'd actually be pretty stoked about, NTAE stuff transitions very well live.
    I'd be happy hearing nothing but material from the "trilogy" to be honest. I'm kind of done with Hurt and THTF and Closer and Piggy, MOTP, HLAH, Wish, Gave up etc.
    I know those are all "classics" that your regular concert goer wants to hear, but i'd be down with just a "night listening to songs from the trilogy live"
    I'm in the minority with that request probably.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Got an email from Livenation this morning, advertising the NIN/JAMC shows. Some tickets available, others not yet, but they are promising to have them. I think they have third-party affiliation, but I really hope there are some left for a show I can make. Nashville being the one I'd like to go to, the most.) Probably not great seats, but hell, it'd be something to look forward to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Got an email from Livenation this morning, advertising the NIN/JAMC shows. Some tickets available, others not yet, but they are promising to have them. I think they have third-party affiliation, but I really hope there are some left for a show I can make. Nashville being the one I'd like to go to, the most.) Probably not great seats, but hell, it'd be something to look forward to.
    If you arrive early the lawn at Ascend is totally fine. The SBD sits just before where the lawn starts. Great sound and sights. It definitely did not sell out. Wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a few seats left, tbh. I heard a ton of ppl in line saying that they were going for lawn as soon as they saw that sheet listing the price tiers.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-22-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone have an extra ticket holder & envelope with the glossy partial logo that I could buy for a reasonable price?
    there is currently one on eBay for $6.00 + $3.00 shipping. I scored one yesterday for $16 shipped. Probably a little more than what it's worth, but whatever.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Maybe this has already been answered but did anyone scope out the gear used for the two song listen stations? Headphone model, amp\ receiver model ect? I skipped listen as I want to experience it when the vinyl arrives but curiosity has now consumed me. I'm a bit of a gear nerd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Maybe this has already been answered but did anyone scope out the gear used for the two song listen stations? Headphone model, amp\ receiver model ect? I skipped listen as I want to experience it when the vinyl arrives but curiosity has now consumed me. I'm a bit of a gear nerd.
    I briefly looked in there while trying to look like I wasn't looking in there and only was able to see a DENON logo on the upper left side. Also, the guy standing there had to restart it by poking something through the grille, I assume to hit the play button on a CD. He kept looking at it to see if it was still playing. There was a green - amber - red set of LED's on the left near the logo that showed loudness like a digital VU meter.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-22-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Still no word as to when the remaining tix are going to be put online? I know dude on reddit said by week end...I have a flight right around 10 Saturday morning so I'm really hoping it's not then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm dying to know if there is anything left for the New Orleans shows. I fully intend on having NINsgiving in New Orleans if I can get into one of those shows.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    there is currently one on eBay for $6.00 + $3.00 shipping. I scored one yesterday for $16 shipped. Probably a little more than what it's worth, but whatever.
    Only $6?? Where? All I see is $39, $35, and $50...
    EDIT: I think I found it. NO ONE ELSE BID ON IT! IT'S MINE!!!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-22-2018 at 10:43 AM.