Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I actually really like the idea of these shirts (although they do look cheap, the execution sucks) but I'm always hesitant to buy bootleg shit like this when it comes to my favorite artists. Those are their words/poetry/ideas: they should get paid for it.

I thought of a shirt/merch idea: Front of shirt:

Obsolete. Insignificant.
    Antiquated. Irrelevant.
    Celebration of Ignorance
    Why Try To Change When You Know You Can't

Back:
    WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES

Make this, Trent

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    He's a saint
    “He was like, ‘I’m not sure how this is gonna sound, blah, blah, blah,’ which he often does,” Ross says. “And I just said, ‘There’s no way we’re gonna change it.'”
    Oh, my god. NIN is an old married couple!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’m so conflicted reading this interview with Atticus, part of me is thinking Trent is kind of a dictator within the band and feeling sorry for Atticus, but most of me is, well I want them to tour so fuck it. Also the live band has been amazing with Atticus in it and the 2 London shows were better than any since seeing them in the Astoria in 2005. I hope Atticus knows he’s appreciated by fans as well as Trent!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ...part of me is thinking Trent is kind of a dictator within the band and feeling sorry for Atticus...
    If that were true we'd never have heard Minute to Breathe or God Break Down the Door. Maybe at one time he was but it definitely doesn't seem to be the case at current.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't feel sorry for Atticus. I don't think he would be part of the live band if he didn't want to be. Atticus talked about pushing Trent to do things that made him uncomfortable, and I think that works both ways.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe the pushing out of the comfort zone works two ways and Atticus actually needs TR to push him to play live. It was a real surprise to hear that Trent had been asking Atticus to join the band for several years

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    beware of the entire sex.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The best part of that interview was where Atticus was like "The night before Vegas Trent shows up with 20 extra songs and is like, I'm thinking we should maybe try to learn these 20 as well" which meant in Trent's words, "we're adding these 20 as well whether you like it or not" (not exact quote. Was paraphrasing).

Also, the scariest part of the interview was when he admitted Trent was done with touring and that's the only reason Atticus agreed to join the band... Done with touring...
    Oh no... I know we go through this every 3-5 years but.... I'm really worried and cannot imagine a world without NIN live... I really can't...

Maybe I should be stupid and attend all 6 LA shows... these might be "the last shows" friends....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    For those who don't know, SONOIO's 3rd and final album is out today. You can buy it digitally at bandcamp or physically at Amazon. It's really good by the way.

Digital: https://sonoio.bandcamp.com/album/fine
    Vinyl: https://amzn.to/2NNjuVS
    CD: https://amzn.to/2uUsZeL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    these might be "the last shows" friends....
    Nah...like TR has said in other interviews, there will be longer intervals between outings and they won't be extensive, year-long tours, but I think he's always going to get the itch to play a show here and there eventually. We might have to travel to get to one of those shows, but as long as he's physically able to do it, he'll do it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think what Atticus meant was that Trent was done with the typical cycle of touring, which is what Trent brought up not so long ago. Everyone involved with the live band have families and side projects that they're committed to, and nobody is getting any younger, so the idea of touring for two years straight probably doesn't feel right anymore. Plus, it makes the shows they do play a little more special, because you know there's only going to be so many.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

This showed up in my recommended list on YouTube yesterday and I love how well it syncs up.
    I can't be the only one around here who would love a Kojima/Reznor collaboration project.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-27-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I can't be the only one around here who would love a Kojima/Reznor collaboration project.
    Only if Kojima continues his collaboration with Low Roar too

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    For those who don't know, SONOIO's 3rd and final album is out today. You can buy it digitally at bandcamp or physically at Amazon. It's really good by the way.

Digital: https://sonoio.bandcamp.com/album/fine
    Vinyl: https://amzn.to/2NNjuVS
    CD: https://amzn.to/2uUsZeL
    My vinyl arrived today. It’s purdy...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    amazing!!!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I ran into this dude less than a block away from my house. I asked him, and he had no idea what the N on his T shirt stood for It was just something he found at the thrift store!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

A post shared by on

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

A post shared by on

Not working for me.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Stuart from Mogwai (collaborated with TRAR on Before the Flood) buys some NIN vinyl. It's not much of a spotting, but I like these What's In My Bag vids and I'm generally amused by Stuart, so...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Good lord, that shirt is a hideous abomination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New interview with The Quietus. Loved the Robert Smith story in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

This showed up in my recommended list on YouTube yesterday and I love how well it syncs up.
    When they both started following each other on Twitter I'd thought that we might get a Death Stranding trailer with some NIN music.
    Last edited by MrMojoRisin; 07-31-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    New interview with The Quietus. Loved the Robert Smith story in this one.

When they both started following each other on Twitter I'd thought that we might get a Death Stranding trailer with some NIN music.
    VERY pleased to hear him say NIN is energised and not done unless one of them drops dead!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wow, that QOTSA reference by the article author was totally uncalled for.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    "Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    "Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour."
    That sax is still taunting him.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Wow, that QOTSA reference by the article author was totally uncalled for.
    Honestly, I agreed with the author on all of those examples except for Pearl Jam. However, it did slightly make it confusing to know if this was the author editorializing or if this was Trent, and it was then obvious that it was the former.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    As regards to a lack of free will he says: “That is what was going through my mind when I wrote ‘Over And Out’. I have read a lot of people suggesting that this is the end of Nine Inch Nails but not unless one of us drops down dead… it isn’t the plan for us to end now. We feel particularly energised.”
    This statement made me particularly happy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Honestly, I agreed with the author on all of those examples except for Pearl Jam. However, it did slightly make it confusing to know if this was the author editorializing or if this was Trent, and it was then obvious that it was the former.
    Really? I'd say Pearl Jam are the definition of a band who churn out the same album again and again. I thought Like Clockwork was an album that took some risks and was critically admired

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Really? I'd say Pearl Jam are the definition of a band who churn out the same album again and again. I thought Like Clockwork was an album that took some risks and was critically admired
    Like Clockwork was incredible, definitely QotSA's best album, but Pearl Jam has put out good stuff too. I actually think that Backspacer was their best album since their first.