Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    agreed, but I ain't one of 'em.

they said different, they said less NIN influence, they delivered.
    My thoughts, exactly. Just finished listening to all the songs, and I find myself... eager for the whole album. This is... fresh. Very fresh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Goddamnit Ice Age is catchy. Seriously, where is everyone? It's up! Dear god it's streaming! Get your asses on it for heaven sake!
    Thank you for the heads up, listening right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only up to On The Wing but this is fucking brilliant

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd also like to see more people say Mariqueen can't sing after hearing Ice Age. She sounds absolutely amazing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shit this is rather amazing! Love it so far! This feels like the band Trent always wanted to have...I mean he did have more pop-ish tendencies in the beginning!

And of course, this is so well produced!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    wow. they fooled us with the single. should have expected it though...
    like it very much so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok so I just finished my first play through, I'll stop spamming the thread now but:

This is so far removed from the first EP, with the exception of Keep it Together it's hard to believe it's the same band - I really liked the first EP, but this is something else.
    It has such a mood about it.
    Excitement always enhances a new piece of music, but this is awesome.
    There isn't a track on here that doesn't have something special in it, the unexpectedness of Ice Age with Q's awesome voice, the chant of The Loop Closes or the atmosphere of Speaking in Tongues - this is a winner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Can't listen. I'm in a class. . . .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    Ok so I just finished my first play through, I'll stop spamming the thread now but:

This is so far removed from the first EP, with the exception of Keep it Together it's hard to believe it's the same band - I really liked the first EP, but this is something else.
    It has such a mood about it.
    Excitement always enhances a new piece of music, but this is awesome.
    There isn't a track on here that doesn't have something special in it, the unexpectedness of Ice Age with Q's awesome voice, the chant of The Loop Closes or the atmosphere of Speaking in Tongues - this is a winner.
    Fuck not spamming the thread! Feel like an excited puppy right now. Sadly leaving for work in 10 minutes. Also POTENTIAL SPOILERS TO ANYONE THAT DOESNT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING YET (NOT SURE HOW TO DO SPOILER TAGS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), whos that singing with Mariqueen in On The Wing? Is it just me or does that not sound like Trent?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    I'm only up to On The Wing but this is fucking brilliant
    Is this a cover? Or stolen?
    Man, I recognize that refrain.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've had goosebumps for the entirety of Ice Age. they have literally not gone away once. i wish i could reliably listen to this in my car on the way to work...guess i'm just going to have to be late today...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was an exciting listen. I have really enjoyed everything from Ghosts onward. TSN is one of my favorite things TR has ever done. But these tracks are a really welcome addition. It’s a good combination of production style going all the way back to Saul’s album but newly applied arranged into something new(er) sounding. Each song does create a mood or tension. Criticisms will probably be that songs are not super dynamic with big hooks or choruses and that each song kind of “krautrocks” along. I like Keep It Together, but it is probably my least favorite track of the EP. Very excited for the album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    One down: http://www.ninwiki.com/Ice_Age (pretty sure there's errors, PLEASE feel free to edit or comment on what I've done wrong)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    ha ha ha
    refrain 'on the wing' = influenced by

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Is this a cover? Or stolen?
    Man, I recognize that refrain.
    It's not the words. It's the notes.

edit: fucking beaten!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    THESE LYRICS ARE SO WRONG OH MY GOD http://www.ninwiki.com/On_The_Wing
    Please, tell me what the hell they're saying, I'll reward you with a cookie, because that's the best I can do

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    According to the (not confirmed yet, right?) "Welcome Oblivion" tracklist, "Speaking In Tongues" and "The Sleep of Reason" won't be included on the LP, but I hope they are included as extra tracks in a possible cd limited/special edition with a few demos or remixes (if it's a 2 disc edition) for those of us that like to buy cds and want to have those tracks in a physical format (I don't have and have never had a vinyl player, I started to listen music in the 90s, I bought cds and that's what I keep buying, and I can't be the only one).

I also expect more songs like "Ice Age" (or like "IYLSE") where Q can prove to the haters once again that she is actually a good singer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Definitely hearing a TGWTDT thing on Speaking In Tongues.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    One new song in, and I'm getting a cool Sheryl Crow vibe.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Definitely hearing a TGWTDT thing on Speaking In Tongues.
    yeah, there seems to be some sonic overlap on several of the songs

just finished my first listen and WOW. maybe my expectations were lower, but I thought it was amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the idea of them playing this music live in some intimate venues.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm loving it.It's pretty different to their first EP and I appreciate that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OMG, I actually like this! Shocker! I've been highly critical of most HDA to date, including and especially Keep it Together. It has often appeared to me as if T plopped Q in front of a microphone and said, "sing this" or "press this button when I say so." That his adoration of her blinded him and/or intimidated her. This feels more like a marriage. The closer Q and T can get to appearing as equals, the better impression they will make musically. What has always attracted me to NIN is that the music and the personality behind it are intertwined. Q seems like a spunky girl, more than the sad whisperer of HDA. As a NIN fan, I would be happiest if Q and T would just scream at each other. Musically, that is. But, I think I'll actually buy this and check them out on tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The EP has a weird combination of lo fi acoustic guitar sounds with cutting edge electronic music production. Word ice defines this record. Sounds like the perfect record to meditate to on a grey day.

Sleep of Reason produces Monsters is my favourite its absolutely beautiful, stunning, love the way it gradually builds up with the warm sounds...

Most tracks gradually build up, i like the chant 'beginning is the end keeps coming around again' and the beats 'on the wing'.

Its much much much better than the first EP. They have a real distinct unique sounds here. I really like how calm it is. Proper chilled out.
    If i were to pick one record of TR's previous work i would link it with it would be The Fragile, lots of lovely insturmental soundscapes and some good hooks buried undeneath.

But yeah lovely chilled out record with some nice punchy bits.
    Last edited by Highly Psychological; 11-08-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, The Loop Closes came on and bam, I'm hooked. This is exactly what I was lookin for from these guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have to wait til I get home to listen. Streaming sites are blocked at work. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The Loop Closes needs to be the song that opens their live shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On The Wing chorus sounds like "I can see clearly now, (the rain is gone)."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Can't wait for the "i don't like it, it doesn't sound enough like nine inch nails" posts from the people who previously posted "i don't like it, it sounds too much like nine inch nails, it needs its own identity".

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I am going to do Speaking In Tongues later this evening, because I kinda have to go out soon, but here is 5/6 of the lyrics for the EP (all have potential errors except The Loop Closes, for obvious reasons) http://www.ninwiki.com/An_Omen_EP

edit: and the soundcloud page confirms this is sigil 3 (so keep it together isn't a sigil) (so what the fuck was sigil 1 then)
    Last edited by sheepdean; 11-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.