Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    why do you think i want you to look into this?
    No. Now I'm watching "Love It or List It." You know, important stuff.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-03-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's monsanto. All of it.

*logging out now*

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Far and away my favorite conspiracy theory, though it's more of an alternate universe theory.

Wanna play along?

Who are these guys?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The best one I heard lately was from the king himself, Alex Jones.

He thinks that Michele Obama is actually a man and that she had Joan Rivers killed because she knew her/his secret.
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...ivers-cover-it

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

Far and away my favorite conspiracy theory, though it's more of an alternate universe theory.

Wanna play along?

Who are these guys?
    I remember it as Berenstoin...

Dun dun DUN.....

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The Berenstein Bears are evil?
    I KNEW IT!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The Berenstein Bears are evil?
    I KNEW IT!
    It's Berenstain.

I KNOW

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It's Berenstain.

I KNOW
    Useless fact: My Grandmother's maiden name was "Berenstain", that explains everything...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here’s my crazy conspiracy theory:

There was a being on Earth who stood as God’s intercessionary, who truly was a divine being, and ended up being murdered for it. But the truth of the matter is different from what the churches portray. The original murder was actually a ritual, carried out in the name of evil “magic” by one or two culturally powerful individuals or a small group attempting to gain the divine power of the intercessionary of god. This divine being had clearly demonstrated abilities which they desired, and was also beginning to inspire change contrary to their goals, so they took action. The plan was ultimately to steal this being’s identity, to take its place in the eyes of the public.
    They crucified it in secret, and then waited. Years passed, and then one of the conspirators stepped forward to make the claim that they were this divine intercessionary…that they were the only way into Heaven. The conspiracy started the process of building the Church using the truth of the original being in their name and function with the intent to deceive the public into taking their words as being of divine origin or revelation. They then published their words, and told everybody it was holy.

The one at the head of the conspiracy? The original ritual murderer? The one whose idea it was? Jesus Hardcore Christ.

The victim? The one nailed to a tree? The one who is still laughing? A 12 year old kid.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Wanna play along?

Who are these guys?
    Ok... this is totally fucking with my head. I was sure it was spelled Berenstein. I was not that old when I was reading those books... so I remember sounding out the weird-sounding name in my head as "BerenSTEEN," and I don't know how I would have gotten that pronunciation from the word "stain."

And the more I'm looking at that picture, the more mama and papa Berenstein look eerily like Bill and Hillary Clinton. AAAAAAAAHHHH

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ok... this is totally fucking with my head. I was sure it was spelled Berenstein. I was not that old when I was reading those books... so I remember sounding out the weird-sounding name in my head as "BerenSTEEN," and I don't know how I would have gotten that pronunciation from the word "stain."

And the more I'm looking at that picture, the more mama and papa Berenstein look eerily like Bill and Hillary Clinton. AAAAAAAAHHHH
    Every time I think about it I get closer and closer to just stroking the fuck out. I can't take it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The best one I heard lately was from the king himself, Alex Jones.

He thinks that Michele Obama is actually a man and that she had Joan Rivers killed because she knew her/his secret.
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...ivers-cover-it
    I laughed reading that when he first announced it. Alex Jones is a fucking tool. Any clown that believes his bullshit are as idiotic as he is.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    The whole Berenstein/Berstain thing is like the main mandela effect issue that holds water for me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Regarding today's SpaceX explosion:

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Regarding today's SpaceX explosion:

So...what's the conspiracy here?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So...what's the conspiracy here?
    Aliens? Russians? Colin Kaepernick? I have no idea.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

But it was the birds, more likely.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Literally just sharing because it's a list of conspiracies; not because I believe any of them.

I will say that the phantom time theory is actually intriguing, but given that I'm far from a history expert, I'm just going to keep on believing that it's currently 2016.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Aliens? Russians? Colin Kaepernick? I have no idea.
    A missile sent by people who HATE FACEBOOK.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Literally just sharing because it's a list of conspiracies; not because I believe any of them.

I will say that the phantom time theory is actually intriguing, but given that I'm far from a history expert, I'm just going to keep on believing that it's currently 2016.
    number 9 on that list, the denver airport thing, good GOD those murals were fucking horrifying. I really for the life of me don't understand why in the holy hell anyone would commission paintings like that to be put up ANYWHERE. Then there's the commemorative "New World Airport Commission" stone. I don't know what in the fuck that was all about, but it gave me the creeps. It gave a bunch of other people the creeps too, because, if i'm not mistaken, the murals have now been painted over.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    number 9 on that list, the denver airport thing, good GOD those murals were fucking horrifying. I really for the life of me don't understand why in the holy hell anyone would commission paintings like that to be put up ANYWHERE. Then there's the commemorative "New World Airport Commission" stone. I don't know what in the fuck that was all about, but it gave me the creeps. It gave a bunch of other people the creeps too, because, if i'm not mistaken, the murals have now been painted over.
    For as many times as I've flown in and out of that airport in the last three years, I never even noticed the murals. The only thing I ever really noticed was the crazy psycho death horse statue by the entrance.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    That Denver Airport shit is scary, need to visit, lol...

"...He signs his name with a capital "G" "

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    number 9 on that list, the denver airport thing, good GOD those murals were fucking horrifying. I really for the life of me don't understand why in the holy hell anyone would commission paintings like that to be put up ANYWHERE.

There are these murals and an explanation which makes sense.

That particularly scary mural is a part of this collection which is called "Children of the World Dream of Peace" and it looks like pretty typical Mexican muralism.

SEE THIS VIDEO.

Here is an explanation:

"The Children of the World Dream of Peace" is a powerful mural expressing the artist's desire to abolish violence in society. One part of the piece exhibits the tragedy and devastation of war and its impact on humanity. The mural then moves to images of smiling children dressed in folk costumes from around the world celebrating peace prevailing over war.
    Here is an interview with the Chicago artist, Leo Tanguma.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-02-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    i've heard the interview with Tanguma.

But yes, thanks, for fuck's sake, anything that makes that shit less disturbing . That's the type of shit that keeps me up at night @allegro .

Because, you know, it KINDA SORTA REALLY looks like a narrative about like population control and like "arkism" and "in with the new out with the old" and dissolving world borders. I mean i'm sure you can see that shit.

Throw in the fact that denver didn't need an airport, that a shitload of buildings were built and then buried or some shit, the aforementioned "death horse" (which for the record i just associate with the broncos,) the nonexistent New World Airport Commission, and the careful nondisclosure w/r/t just who footed the like $1.75 BILLION or whatever it cost, and you wind up with just kind of a slightly creepy set of coincidences if nothing else.

I don't like that shit. But i deeply appreciate your attempts to diffuse it for me, per usual.

For some reason the Denver Airport strangeness reminds me of the mysterious Georgia Guidestones , another bizarre structure built by unknown contributors, ALSO with a time capsule underneath, and that shit is a little less subtle about what it means to say. The commandments over which i lose sleep are the first 3.
    1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

Both things deal with the biggest fear in my little conspiracy theory dabbling brain: population control. And i'm not talking about rubbers in africa. Powerful people like Rupert Murdoch and Current Dickheded Rockafeller continue to advocate for shit like literally decimating the population now. Prince Harry said he'd like to be reincarnated as a fucking VIRUS to wipe out most of the world's population.
    Now surely, SURELY, these fuckers wouldn't ATTEMPT such a thing. It's Year Zero territory.
    But the fact that they sit around talking about it and someone's erecting goddamn pseudo religious monuments about it ​makes my skin crawl :P

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Both things deal with the biggest fear in my little conspiracy theory dabbling brain: population control. And i'm not talking about rubbers in africa. Powerful people like Rupert Murdoch and Current Dickheded Rockafeller continue to advocate for shit like literally decimating the population now. Prince Harry said he'd like to be reincarnated as a fucking VIRUS to wipe out most of the world's population.
    Now surely, SURELY, these fuckers wouldn't ATTEMPT such a thing. It's Year Zero territory.
    But the fact that they sit around talking about it and someone's erecting goddamn pseudo religious monuments about it ​makes my skin crawl :P
    Citation needed.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Citation needed.
    CNN Founder Ted Turner: “A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

Journal of Medical Ethics- “[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.”

UK Television Presenter Sir David Attenborough: “We are a plague on the Earth.

Dave Foreman, the co-founder of Earth First: “We humans have become a disease, the Humanpox.”

HBO personality Bill Maher: “I’m pro-choice, I’m for assisted suicide, I’m for regular suicide, I’m for whatever gets the freeway moving – that’s what I’m for. It’s too crowded, the planet is too crowded and we need to promote death.”

Democrat strategist Steven Rattner: “WE need death panels.

Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger: “All of our problems are the result of overbreeding among the working class” ( @elevenism supports planned parenthood 110%, it's just a fucked up way of saying it, this quote)

Jane Goodall: “ If there were just a few of us, then the nasty things we do wouldn’t really matter and Mother Nature would take care of it — but there are so many of us.”

Salon columnist Mary Elizabeth Williams in an article entitled “So What If Abortion Ends Life?”: “All life is not equal.

Paul Ehrlich: “Basically, then, there are only two kinds of solutions to the population problem. One is a ‘birth rate solution,’ in which we find ways to lower the birth rate. The other is a ‘death rate solution,’ in which ways to raise the death rate — war, famine, pestilence — find us.”

Finnish environmentalist Pentti Linkola: “If there were a button I could press, I would sacrifice myself without hesitating if it meant millions of people would die”

Prince Phillip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II and co-founder of the World Wildlife Fund: “In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation.” (sorry, it was Phillip, not Harry)

Now let me get something straight.
    I DO realize that there are way too many of us and i understand some of this thinking.

But the more radical quotes scare me, the talk of death panels and wish for pestilence.

I get concerned that someone might try to do it by force.
    I look at things like the Zika outbreak and a little voice in the back of my head makes me wonder if it wasn't planned.
    Same thing with HIV.

I'm not saying i BELIEVE these things, or that man made pestilence is imminent. It just scares me a little and i wonder. It is a deep down fear for me.
    “[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child.
    Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.”

“[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child.
    Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.”
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-02-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Aside from two of those quotes up there, most of them are just saying the Earth is overcrowded and we'd be better off if it weren't. I don't think that's a shocking statement or feeling. It certainly isn't Prince Harry requesting virulent reincarnation.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Aside from two of those quotes up there, most of them are just saying the Earth is overcrowded and we'd be better off if it weren't. I don't think that's a shocking statement or feeling. It certainly isn't Prince Harry requesting virulent reincarnation.
    True. @allegro once called me Chicken Little for reading too much into these things.
    There are, however, nastier quotes. There is also something called Agenda 21, which is a UN bid to reduce population.

1) “Each birth results not only in the emissions attributable to that person in his or her lifetime, but also the emissions of all his or her descendants. Hence, the emissions savings from intended or planned births multiply with time.”
    2) “No human is genuinely “carbon neutral,” especially when all greenhouse gases are figured into the equation. Therefore, everyone is part of the problem, so everyone must be part of the solution in some way.”
    If no human is carbon neutral, then what is the fucking solution?
    I am less of a conspiracy theorist and more of a conspiracy "fearist" i suppose.
    I don't exactly BELIEVE 99.9999% of "conspiracy theories," but there are some about which i wonder "what if" and i am scared.

The fucking ironic thing is that i enjoy the fear. I watch scary conspiracy documentaries and suspend disbelief in the same way that i watch horror movies :P

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    True. @allegro once called me Chicken Little for reading too much into these things.
    There are, however, nastier quotes. There is also something called Agenda 21, which is a UN bid to reduce population.

1) “Each birth results not only in the emissions attributable to that person in his or her lifetime, but also the emissions of all his or her descendants. Hence, the emissions savings from intended or planned births multiply with time.”
    2) “No human is genuinely “carbon neutral,” especially when all greenhouse gases are figured into the equation. Therefore, everyone is part of the problem, so everyone must be part of the solution in some way.”
    If no human is carbon neutral, then what is the fucking solution?
    I am less of a conspiracy theorist and more of a conspiracy "fearist" i suppose.
    I don't exactly BELIEVE 99.9999% of "conspiracy theories," but there are some about which i wonder "what if" and i am scared.

The fucking ironic thing is that i enjoy the fear. I watch scary conspiracy documentaries and suspend disbelief in the same way that i watch horror movies :P
    None of that is theory, conspiracy or otherwise. What you listed are (presumably) facts and people should look to reduce their impact on the environment.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    None of that is theory, conspiracy or otherwise. What you listed are (presumably) facts and people should look to reduce their impact on the environment.
    The THEORY part is that someone or a group of people might intentionally wipe out a fuckton of the world's population.

Have you seen the Georgia Guidestones?