Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    He is (he also did a huge bulk of the guitar work) BUT... still some major cheesy moments from Max and some tracks Troy sounds downright obnoxious on.
    accurate on Max. Cheese is the right word. Troys voice has mostly grown on me. I think he mesh’s well with Greg for the most part on this album.

definitely feels as though Greg has taken the lead on this project, which is fine with me because I too prefer Greg’s parts.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just a reminder that Federal Prisoner has been teasing something happening at 7am PST. Not sure what or if even GP related.

ALSO. The amount of people hounding and giving Steve (FP Manager) shit over the vinyl delays and manufacturing screw ups is appalling. I hope no one on here contributed. Running a label is tough as hell. ESPECIALLY when it comes to vinyl multiply that with variants + different global distributors + oh and a fucking pandemic....guess what -- its bound to not be a smooth process. The guys has been taking punches for weeks on social and you can tell he is doing the best he can. Just hate seeing this. This is the reason why certain labels have trimmed down their vinyl game and focused more on digital for up and coming bands. See: Dark Operative (originally Magic Bullet Records) The level of entitlement and immediate gratification is just ridiculous and I don't blame the label heads but it sucks for bands that depend on that physical media income.

Stepping off soap box....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Streaming event Dec. 11 with merch:

https://federal-prisoner-1.myshopify.com/

Nov. 24, 2020, LOS ANGELES – Greg Puciato, the enigmatic singer of multiple bands (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Killer Be Killed, The Black Queen), as well as an accomplished solo artist who Rolling Stone dubbed one of the era’s “best frontmen” and Exclaim said is one of music’s “most gifted vocalists,” has announced the Dec. 11 premiere of “Fuck Content,” a diverse and unique online streaming event .
    "’Fuck Content’ is just another creative release, but in a different medium, marrying visual art, audio, live performance, studio footage....a lot of different elements together,” explains Puciato of the film. “I wanted to make the modern equivalent of a VHS release you would have bought from a band decades ago, but with more of a modern arthouse sensibility. Like any other thing that we've released with Federal Prisoner, it was born from excitement, and flamed up quickly from the initial spark. Jesse (Draxler, Federal Prisoner label-partner and acclaimed visual artist) and I were talking about making a visual release, to tie into my record, that would include live performance but also much more, and got to talking about how revolting the idea of, and emphasis on, ‘content’ is overall, and how the opposite of content is substance, that we needed to make sure whatever we made had real substance. We were both ranting about it and at one point I said, ‘fuck content,’ and that was the spark we needed. As we were making it, with co-directors Jim Louvau and Tony Aguilera, it took twists and turns, and new ideas formed, just like making a record, and we followed them to their natural end points. This for me is a release, as much as any other, it's not a livestream, it's not some way to placate people who aren't seeing shows, or to keep me busy. It's something we sank our teeth into creatively, as much as a record, and I'm excited for everyone to see and hear what we've got to show them” .
    Tickets and a selection of Jesse Draxler-designed limited-edition merch exclusive to attendees are available now at https://federalprisoner.shop(link in profile). The stream debuts on Dec. 11 at 3pm PST /6pm EST and remains on-demand for the following 48 hours.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-lS1Jhka6/
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 11-24-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This absolutely sucks because I cant afford ANY of the bundles that have a blu-ray or LP. And given they are so fucking limited, they are going to sell out before I can sell some vinyl from my collection to pay for it.

oh well. Hope some of you are able to snag some stuff

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah the bundles are kinda fucked honestly. Why limit the packages to 250 so you can send everyone 2 copies of the same record? The fuck?? Take that other 250 and just offer a bundle with the LP, BR, and Ticket.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have the money and didn’t wanna spend 85.99 (includes shipping) but I did it anyways.

I got the clear with red blob vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    This absolutely sucks because I cant afford ANY of the bundles that have a blu-ray or LP. And given they are so fucking limited, they are going to sell out before I can sell some vinyl from my collection to pay for it.

oh well. Hope some of you are able to snag some stuff
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah the bundles are kinda fucked honestly. Why limit the packages to 250 so you can send everyone 2 copies of the same record? The fuck?? Take that other 250 and just offer a bundle with the LP, BR, and Ticket.
    or even just LP/BR

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    "Evacuation" sounds like a missing song from Pretty Hate Machine. Best song on Gregs solo album

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Greg’s record is 100% my album of the year. Didn’t care for the first KBK record outside of two songs, but the new one is great and has some of Greg’s best vocal performances. I think he did all the solos on that record too. Glad he didn’t go silent after Dillinger broke up and has consistently put out great material over the last three years. He said it was a near certainty that we will see new TBQ next year also. Pretty sure Greg might be my favorite vocalist at this point because not only does he put out good stuff, he puts out a bunch of great and varied stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Album definitely is one of the best of the year. It’s all killer and no filler, but I still have a trouble listening to it from start to end. This is mainly due to the variety of the songs. I wonder if this would’ve been a better release if it were let out as a trilogy of EPs like Trent did, each with its own single theme.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He definitely gives me some early NIN vibes on certain songs. Which is funny because he’s stated that he kinda “missed” nin. Was never really a fan.

greg has easily become one of my favorite vocalists/artists. From a Crowded Wound might be in my top five Greg songs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    He definitely gives me some early NIN vibes on certain songs. Which is funny because he’s stated that he kinda “missed” nin. Was never really a fan.

greg has easily become one of my favorite vocalists/artists. From a Crowded Wound might be in my top five Greg songs.
    I think you're confusing him with someone else. Greg is a huge NIN fan. He's given me props on my NIN hoodies and shirts at shows before.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Greg has always been a HUGE fan of NIN. DEP covered 'Wish' in 2006. He wrote an essay about how much 'Broken' means to him and how he was listening to it when it first came out in late '92. He clearly patterned some of his vocal style after Trent's.

Gregs essay on Broken

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/wh...istic-defiance

Another interview talking about how influential TDS is to him

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/do...hard-contrasts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hm. Interesting. I’ll try to find the interview I watched with him where he talked about being star struck by people and that he wasn’t really by Trent because he “kind of missed out on nin when it was popular”. But still felt pressure to perform well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He definitely stated in an interview that he wasn’t into NIN during the mid 90’s heyday & kinda missed out on that era. I remember it clearly because of how taken back I was when he said it. Interview was sometime in the last decade but I really can’t recall what year.

Edit: An excerpt from his Broken essay kinda confirms this: “I can't lie and say that that day I went home and became some super Nine Inch Nails fan. I didn't. It wasn't until much later that I started to appreciate the entirety of it more, and from a more up-close and personal perspective, but none of that is relevant to this.”
    Last edited by Graz; 12-01-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Starts at 9:30

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So it basically echoes what he said in the other places, just with less detail. He wasn't a fan in the 90s. He's since become a big fan.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Pretty interesting read.

Sadly his album still hasn't clicked with me but his various projects being in the news so much has made me go back through Dillinger's discography. Fuck I miss that band.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Fuck Content vinyl has been expanded to a 2xLP with four brand new songs included on it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    4 new/unreleased songs on that Fuck Content vinyl. Wow. Hopefully he throws them up on bandcamp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    4 new/unreleased songs on that Fuck Content vinyl. Wow. Hopefully he throws them up on bandcamp

He will (and probably on Spotify and other too), but later.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yep, he mentioned on social recently that they will be on digital later.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The fuck content stream was really great. Anyone know who was on guitar and bass?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The fuck content stream was really great. Anyone know who was on guitar and bass?
    That was great! According to one of their posts, the live band consists of Chris Hornbrook (drums), Nick Rowe (guitar), and Jeff Manwolf (bass).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah shit was dope! Trippy as hell, well put together, just cool shit! I hope Trent sees this & takes inspiration from it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Had a blast watching that. Fuck man that live version of Evacuation is insanely good. Those new songs are killer too. A very solid 8/10.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    it's awesome that he did this, Child Soldier is easily my favorite album of the year and it was really cool to see those songs played "live". I wonder why they didn't play "Heartfree" though, that's the best song on the album IMO.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Has anyone received the email with the Fuck Content audio download yet? They keep saying that any vinyl bundle owner gets one, but I have yet to see that roll through. Just curious if they're waiting until after the 48 hour window or if I just didn't get the email.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Those new songs are sick. Hoping they hit bandcamp soon

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Has anyone received the email with the Fuck Content audio download yet? They keep saying that any vinyl bundle owner gets one, but I have yet to see that roll through. Just curious if they're waiting until after the 48 hour window or if I just didn't get the email.
    No link yet. I bought a package and am checking my emails constantly!

Latest Instagram post says we will receive the 4 new studio tracks after the 48 hour streaming window closes, December 13 at 3pm PST!
    Last edited by p_rez17; 12-12-2020 at 11:47 PM.