Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone happen to have a link to a really good quality version of World Full Of Nothing from the World Violation tour?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All circulating recordings from the 1987-1988 "Music For The Masses" tour are now available to stream and download. Please note that the torrent filesets are still being uploaded to my seedbox and all torrents will be seeded in about four days, but feel free to enjoy the streams and queue up the torrents in your torrent client in the meantime! Also, please report any broken streams or torrent download links to admin [at] depechemode-live [dot] com or on Twitter @DMLiveWiki .

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/homemode/status/636301316697026560

Daniel Miller will be speaking in Berlin on Thursday. Hopefully it's about the next DM record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Unfortunately that's a slim chance. We know Martin is at least planning on writing songs for DM next (https://www.depechemode-live.com/wik...o_City,_Mexico) and Dave has reportedly been working with Soulsavers again (though they have been extremely quiet). Still hoping for some more significant news though regardless!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wooohoo! I ADORE "The Light The Dead See" -

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wooohoo! I ADORE "The Light The Dead See" -

Gahan is apparently playing in paris in november, seems like something is done...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where did you read that info?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    A post at depeche-mode.com

go to repertoire.bmi.com and look them up, they're all there.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.sonic-seducer.de/index.ph...noch-2015.html

Posted on Wednesday, 02 September 2015

Dave Gahan: The Depeche Mode frontman sings again at Soulsavers / released yet in 2015!

For a long time it was not much more than a persistent rumor that Dave Gahan would record the voice of Depeche Mode, another album with the Soul Savers.2012 appeared with "The Light The Dead See" is a first collaboration of the superstars and the downbeat band around Rich Martin and Ian Glover.The result: Great, relaxing songs, rich with strings and atmosphere with a certain proximity to Pink Floyd and a DM album as "Songs of Faith and Devotion", on the rock and discreet gospel elements emerged.

According to reliable sources, we now know that these so-happy musical addition experienced a continuation.Gahan and Soulsavers added another album, which will be released expected to the end of November this year, with a major label.

Colleagues of depechemode.de reported recently, the song title of the album had appeared in a database.Accordingly, the pieces are called as follows: "All Of This And Nothing", "Angels and Ghosts", "Do not Cry", "Last Time", "Lately My Sun", "One Thing", "Shine", "Tempted "and" You Owe Me ".
    We can not confirm this.However, the little delighted reaction of the band at Instagram shows on such notifications that a lot of truth in it.

The fans are looking forward to it even more.And we of course.Soon you will read here certainly highly official reports on the subject.

www.depechemode.com | www.thesoulsavers.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.sonic-seducer.de/index.ph...noch-2015.html

Posted on Wednesday, 02 September 2015

Dave Gahan: The Depeche Mode frontman sings again at Soulsavers / released yet in 2015!

For a long time it was not much more than a persistent rumor that Dave Gahan would record the voice of Depeche Mode, another album with the Soul Savers.2012 appeared with "The Light The Dead See" is a first collaboration of the superstars and the downbeat band around Rich Martin and Ian Glover.The result: Great, relaxing songs, rich with strings and atmosphere with a certain proximity to Pink Floyd and a DM album as "Songs of Faith and Devotion", on the rock and discreet gospel elements emerged.

According to reliable sources, we now know that these so-happy musical addition experienced a continuation.Gahan and Soulsavers added another album, which will be released expected to the end of November this year, with a major label.

Colleagues of depechemode.de reported recently, the song title of the album had appeared in a database.Accordingly, the pieces are called as follows: "All Of This And Nothing", "Angels and Ghosts", "Do not Cry", "Last Time", "Lately My Sun", "One Thing", "Shine", "Tempted "and" You Owe Me ".
    We can not confirm this.However, the little delighted reaction of the band at Instagram shows on such notifications that a lot of truth in it.

The fans are looking forward to it even more.And we of course.Soon you will read here certainly highly official reports on the subject.

www.depechemode.com | www.thesoulsavers.com
    first single out! Angels and Ghosts is the official album name and the release date is October 23rd

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    first single out! Angels and Ghosts is the official album name and the release date is October 23rd

That is an exceptionally good song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some of the few concerts they are planning will be livestreamed. I'll do my best to capture them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really like "The light the dead see", but this... exactly the same again, and bit monotous, and pathetic.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    I really like "The light the dead see", but this... exactly the same again, and bit monotous, and pathetic.

Dead wrong there.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Oct 7th, 2015 | New Depeche Mode record?

In an new interview with Clash about the new Soulsavers project, Dave Gahan says, “Look, there’s going to be another Depeche record. We’re not done” which has, of course, sent the Devotees into quite an excited frenzy. As it should. The full Clash interview with Dave is coming soon, but today they did share his comments regarding Depeche and we’re really thrilled with his candid comments regarding the future. While there isn’t a solid plan at the moment, in the interview , Dave said he saw Martin recently and confirmed that Martin was writing some songs. If you missed it, Martin had commented in some interviews promoting the MG record that he was writing some songs with Depeche Mode in mind. In fact, Dave said he has done a bit of writing for DM too. So the future, as of now, is looking pretty good!
    Here’s the full Clash interview for you to check out:
    Dave Gahan Talks New Depeche Mode
    “We’re much more of a team these days…”
    Robin Murray // 07 · 10 · 2015

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Oct 7th, 2015 | New Depeche Mode record?

In an new interview with Clash about the new Soulsavers project, Dave Gahan says, “Look, there’s going to be another Depeche record. We’re not done” which has, of course, sent the Devotees into quite an excited frenzy. As it should. The full Clash interview with Dave is coming soon, but today they did share his comments regarding Depeche and we’re really thrilled with his candid comments regarding the future. While there isn’t a solid plan at the moment, in the interview , Dave said he saw Martin recently and confirmed that Martin was writing some songs. If you missed it, Martin had commented in some interviews promoting the MG record that he was writing some songs with Depeche Mode in mind. In fact, Dave said he has done a bit of writing for DM too. So the future, as of now, is looking pretty good!
    Here’s the full Clash interview for you to check out:
    Dave Gahan Talks New Depeche Mode
    “We’re much more of a team these days…”
    Robin Murray // 07 · 10 · 2015
    I didn't think there was any question that there'd be another album/tour, but it's still great to hear them confirm it and say it with that confidence. Haven't they been doing the album and tour every three years type of deal for a bit now? I'd figure new album next summer/fall, tour to follow? Still haven't seen them yet and they're high on my live bucket list.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just listened to all of Angels & Ghosts and it hasn't grabbed me as much as the first Soulsavers collaboration did.

All Of This And Nothing is the catchiest tune. My favourites next to that are My Sun and Shine.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Live set

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ryan's very good audience recording from 2015-10-22 New York is now available to stream & download here: https://www.depechemode-live.com/wik...,_USA/Source_1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1984-11-03 Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, UK

2nd generation soundboard

Stream & download it here: https://www.depechemode-live.com/wik...d,_UK/Source_2

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Dave and Soulsavers in Berlin. LA is also on YouTube -

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just listened to all of Angels & Ghosts and it hasn't grabbed me as much as the first Soulsavers collaboration did.

All Of This And Nothing is the catchiest tune. My favourites next to that are My Sun and Shine.

I've warmed to it much more now so grabbed it today.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Video for Shine -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The album starting with song "Shine" is the best of 2015 for me. I'm talking about Camouflage - Greyscale. This Soulsavers thing is so weak.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    The album starting with song "Shine" is the best of 2015 for me. I'm talking about Camouflage - Greyscale. This Soulsavers thing is so weak.
    To be fair, the video was directed by Dave's son (and the album cover art by his daughter). But yeah, the song is weak. Initially the only two songs on the album I liked were All of this and nothing and Shine, but now I like basically all the rest of the album and skip those two songs haha

Tempted and/or My Sun would have been a better choice.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, who played what during Devotional "Stripped"?

(Also, I am wondering, that missed note during "Alan's" final join at 3:55, which is exactly like on Devotional record, do you think it was intentional back then?)

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by Fletch recently, the video above, and also his recent DJ set:
    https://soundcloud.com/radioibizadan...itch-4-12-2015

Maybe I am sometimes underestimating Fletch, which is not helped by David's "DM is MG and me" recent style (he does not ever mention Andy), or (!) "I want to make great things (= with Soulsavers), not OK things" (or something like that in this video ).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A lot of the time, fletcher just stands there. In earlier videos, you see him doing quite a bit (particularly the devotional tour). More recent stuff, I wonder what he really does. I know he does a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    He acts more like the band's manager or something from what I've read.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah. That's what I've read as well. And also the mediator between Martin and Dave. He seems to be pretty important. He just doesn't contribute musically...