Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
So, I'm looking at replacing my Sennheiser HD 477's - had for more years than I care to remember and have served me well. I already have a pair of Sony Noise cancelling's WH1000XM2's - which are great , but would like a decent wired set of over ears for my pc-time - listening via a very old Technics system which still sounds good! Budget of up to £200 (UK-based). Happy to go with Sennheisers, but would consider Sony/Beyer/Audiotechnica and other premium brands too. When looking on Amazon - there is a class of headphones labelled 'studio' - presuming these are generally good for general music consumption too?
Yes, but be aware they'll likely be tuned to be as neutral as can be. No bass cannons, no treble knives to your ears (looking at you, Beyer).

The ATH-M50x are great lower-end closed back headphones. They're not entirely neutral--kind of got a v-shaped signature--but they're decent in terms of detail and clarity. They sound great for music until you hear something better and then likely won't want to use them anymore. They take EQ quite well, too.