Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: pretty eight machine - chiptune tribute album by Inverse Phase

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Broken! InversePhase! Broken! InversePhase!!!!!
    Last edited by zeegrizzle; 07-16-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hey, this is late, last minute, and it's 1am, but I am doing a shirt reprint of the Pretty Eight Machine shirts. I will not be printing on black (those were for the kickstarter only) but I will be printing on a brushed "dark heather" and a solid "charcoal" grey. They'll be $20 plus shipping and I am basically ready to send off the order. If you're serious about a shirt, please PM or email me immediately with your size, which "color" you prefer, and we'll make payment arrangements or something. I just need to know the details to order a shirt specifically for you, if you get one.

Here are the samples (please forgive the shitty JPEG artifacts, I am embedding this from the facebook post):

Last edited by InversePhase; 08-26-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Are you still working on Broken or Downward Spiral @InversePhase ?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    TDS yes, Broken no. Unless TR himself asks me to do it, someone's already done it, and my original plan to do it didn't really pan out the way I had hoped. Most that had feedback on P8M said they wanted to see TDS or Fragile so those are the albums I'm focusing on. It's going, just... slow going.

For what it's worth, one of the holdups is that I'm building a hardware chiptune synthesizer from scratch, which I will then probably be (re)programming the album to replay on, and that is a bit of my holdup. That and commission work, which I'm thinking about cutting off after I complete my current responsibilities, but I need to figure out how to stay alive.

If you want to check out the synth: https://www.patreon.com/posts/5542262

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Coming soon on vinyl:

Preordering is open here

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Smashed that button so hard I broke it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Important to note that it's not technically pre-ordering at this stage. If it doesn't hit the goal, it doesn't get made. Luckily it looks like that won't be an issue since it's nearly halfway there in just a couple of hours.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    not available on the bandcamp app so I had to go to the website. thanks for the heads-up!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In for sure! FWIW I like the zoomed in artwork shown above vs the full chip alternative shown on the campaign page.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    In for sure! FWIW I like the zoomed in artwork shown above vs the full chip alternative shown on the campaign page.
    What about something in-between, where the entirety of the chip fills to the edges of the cover? Feedback is appreciated!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Personally I like the full view of the chip - it nicely echoes the way the PHM LP presented the full image that was only partially presented on the CD:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fuckin' yoink!

I like the zoomed in view. On both the CD and LP it's still not entirely clear what you're looking at, you still get that sensation of seeing only part of a full picture.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 02-02-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InversePhase View Post
    What about something in-between, where the entirety of the chip fills to the edges of the cover? Feedback is appreciated!
    Both images below to help with the discussion. Perhaps what throws me off about the full chip view is I felt the original covers are a cropped and more cropped version of a larger artwork, a glimpse inside the machine (Edit: Shadaloo beat me to it). The parallel between the chip pins and the original gear teeth gets lost a little the farther out you zoom. Looking at it again, the original vinyl and the zoomed in image both have 8-9 of them perhaps why that caught my eye first.

Like you suggested, I'm curious what something in between looks like. Perhaps something that begins and ends at the molded circles on the top of the chip.

Last edited by ekrekel; 02-02-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Of the two options I prefer the zoomed view, but I'd be curious to see the in between that's been suggested.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So I hacked together a REALLY rough draft of the in-between.

I would probably nuke the dark grey almost black border on the LP btw, but we're doin it live

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    93% Funded... Let go!!!! https://inversephase.bandcamp.com/ca...ght-machine-se Spred the word! This is already on r/nin and the fb collecting group. My ball park math is like about 15ish or so more orders.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    93% Funded... Let go!!!! https://inversephase.bandcamp.com/ca...ght-machine-se Spred the word! This is already on r/nin and the fb collecting group. My ball park math is like about 15ish or so more orders.
    Thanks for your support! The campaign doesn't end for 30 days, so even if I hit my money goal today, I'd really like to try and reach far and wide to see if we could get a number approaching 500 — also, I'd like to order some extras to sell to record stores, for example — so I want to aim high.

Last but not least, I don't want to be toooo pessimistic about this, but this will literally be the only chance to get Pretty Eight Machine on vinyl. A lot of people who regularly ask me to print vinyl are confirmed pledges on the campaign, so I don't intend to do a reprint unless there is VERY significant demand. And if the campaign didn't succeed, I would wash my hands and call it a day, because there just isn't enough demand. Either way, I don't think I'll be doing it again, so if you want one, PLEASE get on it now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks for your support! The campaign doesn't end for 30 days, so even if I hit my money goal today, I'd really like to try and reach far and wide to see if we could get a number approaching 500 — also, I'd like to order some extras to sell to record stores, for example — so I want to aim high.

Last but not least, I don't want to be toooo pessimistic about this, but this will literally be the only chance to get Pretty Eight Machine on vinyl. A lot of people who regularly ask me to print vinyl are confirmed pledges on the campaign, so I don't intend to do a reprint unless there is VERY significant demand. And if the campaign didn't succeed, I would wash my hands and call it a day, because there just isn't enough demand. Either way, I don't think I'll be doing it again, so if you want one, PLEASE get on it now.
    Put up a post or story on your IG and we can propagate it there. Lots of non-NIN vinyl folks out there may be interested in this just bc it's cool. Might want to update your story link to go direct to this project for the time being.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm a little overwhelmed right now so I have been re-sharing/shouting out those who have shouted out their support and adding thank you text on IG. I don't see the ability to add a story link in IG when I create a story. Was this recently added?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I already pledged an order and spread the word amongst my friends. I'd like to see it hit the goal early but of course you should keep it open for as long as possible. I've never hit you up about it before, but now that it's real I'm going to do what I can to help the campaign.

Edit: I just checked and the support is 109%!!!! Fuck yeah!
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 02-03-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I already pledged an order and spread the word amongst my friends. I'd like to see it hit the goal early but of course you should keep it open for as long as possible. I've never hit you up about it before, but now that it's real I'm going to do what I can to help the campaign.

Edit: I just checked and the support is 109%!!!! Fuck yeah!
    Yeah. The campaign duration is 30 days. It can't be ended early; this gives people enough time to get their chance and jump on it. I also can't make it longer, though, so I am encouraging everyone who could possibly want one to get one. Now that it succeeded, my goal is to blow the support number out of the water. Let's get it to at least 200% I can get twice the vinyl out into the world, impress bandcamp, and get some extra records to sell to shops.

Thanks for all your help, everyone!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So, if I want a 2nd one I need a 2nd Bandcamp account? I'm not seeing a 2x button.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So, if I want a 2nd one I need a 2nd Bandcamp account? I'm not seeing a 2x button.
    Hey, so there are a few options for this. In no particular order:

1. You can do a second bandcamp account, yeah. I'm not entirely clear on their reasons, but if I had to guess, I think a pledger on bandcamp might've ordered too many records once upon a time, and then maybe cancelled their pledge or something, even though they were the ones that pushed the campaign past the tipping point. If that person was also the person running the campaign, that could cause some issues. I think limiting quantity or requiring billing in advance for quantities above 2 might be a good solution, but I'm not bandcamp, so I'll let them hammer it out.

2. You can pledge double, and send me an email from the bandcamp contact form with your name, address, etc. I will have a few extras when this is over, and if I know you wanted one and pledged enough, I can account for it when I order a few more at the end of the campaign.

3. Building on #2, whatever extras I have after the campaign ends and I've sent out any 2x orders will probably go up on bandcamp as merch. So you can just buy a second one then.

Sorry it's so convoluted; they're still trying to work out stuff like this, and I'm giving them feedback as I go (with people wanting to order 2 vinyl near the top of my problem list), hopefully we can help improve the system for future pressings.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm a little overwhelmed right now so I have been re-sharing/shouting out those who have shouted out their support and adding thank you text on IG. I don't see the ability to add a story link in IG when I create a story. Was this recently added?
    On your account home Edit profile --> Website (you have inversephase.com listed there now). I suggest making a regular post with the images and comment about the project "Check out the bandcamp link in my bio to listen to hear a sample or join the order" we can share that post on our stories for visibility to other folks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Yeah. The campaign duration is 30 days. It can't be ended early; this gives people enough time to get their chance and jump on it. I also can't make it longer, though, so I am encouraging everyone who could possibly want one to get one. Now that it succeeded, my goal is to blow the support number out of the water. Let's get it to at least 200% I can get twice the vinyl out into the world, impress bandcamp, and get some extra records to sell to shops.

Thanks for all your help, everyone!
    tomorrow is bandcamp day and you might get a jump in support because of it! definitely use social media to your advantage on that!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bought today. Thanks @InversePhase !
    Last edited by NIN64; 02-05-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    On your account home Edit profile --> Website (you have inversephase.com listed there now). I suggest making a regular post with the images and comment about the project "Check out the bandcamp link in my bio to listen to hear a sample or join the order" we can share that post on our stories for visibility to other folks.
    OH. I thought you meant there was a way to create a story that would link to the campaign, and people could tap it inside the story, and.....my brain just went too far I think. Ok. I changed my website in my bio.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've gotten more feedback about the cover on social media. Here's one that's halfway between the "chip fits the cover" and the "fully zoomed in", but I've cropped it like the vinyl cover. Again super rough draft, just seeing if people like this

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That one looks dope!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That one looks dope!
    thanks for the feedback! I'd really like to hear back from people about this since there seem to be a lot of opinions on what the cover should look like (glad they're not complaining about the audio! )