Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Also, I appreciate your use of the word "goobers" - made me chuckle!
    I was trying to find a nice way of describing Manson and Uncle Al. Lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I always pictured NIN announcing a surprise club show the week of the RRHOF induction in Cleveland somewhere like The Phantasy Theatre.. Bringing it full circle. Then I'm there FOB, rolling my Schoeps to tape.

Just in my dreams.
    yeah...
    its just so sad personally to see a band that shaped my music listening so much not get the deserved recognition and the official treatment it deserves. i know im not alone in thinking this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Interesting about what the HOF is doing for the NIN Exhibit. Hopefully someone can capture it once it gets realized

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...tallation.html

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Interesting about what the HOF is doing for the NIN Exhibit. Hopefully someone can capture it once it gets realized

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...tallation.html
    Behind a paywall, so here’s the relevant part:

The Rock Hall’s curatorial staff worked with frontman Trent Reznor and his team to create a unique installation inside the exhibit that honors NIN’s iconic, mud-covered performance at Woodstock ’94.”

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Copied and pasted the entire article

Rock Hall’s 2020 Inductee Exhibit to feature eye-popping Nine Inch Nails installation

Updated 8:03 AM; Today 8:03 AM

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails performs at Woodstock '94.ASSOCIATED PRESS

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2020 Inductee Exhibit will feature flashy outfits from Whitney Houston and The Notorious B.I.G., as well as rare artifacts from Depeche Mode and T. Rex, among others. But there’s a surprise element that could have Nine Inch Nails diehards heading to the Cleveland museum when the exhibit opens on Aug. 14.
    The Rock Hall’s curatorial staff worked with frontman Trent Reznor and his team to create a unique installation inside the exhibit that honors NIN’s iconic, mud-covered performance at Woodstock ’94.

Those are all the details the Rock Hall is willing to offer about the installation a week before the exhibit opens. Fans will have to visit the museum to see the results for themselves.

The 2020 Inductee Exhibit arrives amid a bumpy road for the Class of 2020, which includes Nine Inch Nails, Houston, The Notorious B.I.G., Depeche Mode, T. Rex, The Doobie Brothers, and music managers Irving Azoff and Jon Landau.

The group was originally set to be honored at a May 2 ceremony in Cleveland. However, the event was pushed back to November and eventually canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Class of 2020 will instead be celebrated during a special airing Nov. 7 on HBO and HBO Max. Meanwhile, the Inductee Exhibit, one of the museum’s most popular showcases each year, lives on.

“It has been a unique time to be working at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” says museum curator Amanda Pecsenye. “We’ve been having to temporarily quarantine packages when they arrive so they can be cleansed. They’ll sit for a few days before they’re unpacked and we can do inventory.”

Some of the items that arrived in those packages for the Inductee Exhibit are pretty cool. The museum secured two gowns worn by Houston early in her career. The dresses were designed by Marc Bouwer, who put together several outfits for Houston, including her 1992 wedding dress.

Other artifacts featured include a tunic worn by Marc Bolan during the recording of T. Rex’s album “Tanx,” a suit Patrick Simmons donned during The Doobie Brothers’ 1974 Knebworth Festival and Martin Gore of Depeche Mode’s star-shaped guitar. Pecsenye says the museum was able to secure multiple artifacts from each of this year’s inductees.

One of the items taking up the most space in the Inductee Exhibit is a stylish, tan jacket worn by The Notorious B.I.G. Readers of XXL Magazine will recognize it from the cover of a special tribute issue the magazine put out honoring Biggie.
    “Biggie was one of the first hip hop guys to elevate the street style and combine it with designer style,” Pecsenye says. “As his name suggests, he was a big guy. But he had big style as well.”

The 2020 Inductee Exhibit isn’t the only taste of the inductions fans can get from the Rock Hall currently. The museum recently launched “All-Access: Induction Photography by Kevin Mazur.” The virtual exhibit features performance photos and backstage portraits from 35 years of induction ceremonies.

The photos include megastars like The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Chuck Berry, Pearl Jam and others. The images come with special audio commentary by Mazur, including his recounting of Prince’s iconic guitar solo on “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” at the 2004 ceremony. A physical version of “All-Access” will open at the museum in November to coincide with the Class of 2020 HBO special.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anyone else see this article? I wasn't that interested in actually going but after reading this I'm intrigued.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Anyone else see this article? I wasn't that interested in actually going but after reading this I'm intrigued.
    That sounds pretty amazeballs!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Don't even want to imagine how triggered people today would get if that HOF installation display had Closer ephemera like the monkey on the cross, bald lady with crucifix mask or the spinning pig's head..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    If it's anything like the "physical component"...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    edit: nvm, was being an asshole.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’d say a 3D hologram, but knowing Trent and hi-production NIN shows, he typically doesn’t like to copy stuff. We’ll see, and sounds like something to look forward to.

A mud covered bronze statue that doesn’t look him (ie sports HoFames) lol.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’d say a 3D hologram, but knowing Trent and hi-production NIN shows
    I wish the ceremony was done in VR. Can you imagine Trent's avatar?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So, this exhibit is supposed to be on display starting tomorrow. Anyone here plan on going there? Not sure if they’re going to have a short video description/release via social media or what not.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    If it's anything like the "physical component"...
    It's gonna be a goddamned in person only album that will only be listenable in the HOF lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It's gonna be a goddamned in person only album that will only be listenable in the HOF lol
    You'll have to wrestle in Woodstock mud with other fans to get to listen to it

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The RRHOF will charge $20 for a bottle of water. If that doesn’t truly replicate the experience of being there, I don’t know what will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's weird to see them talk about this exhibit as if there's not a pandemic going on. I would love to fly out to see, but I just don't see it happening this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Gotta say this is pretty awesome. I would love to see this, but who knows when I can get out there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Gotta say this is pretty awesome. I would love to see this, but who knows when I can get out there.
    As someone who's never been to the Rock Hall how does this fit the presentation vibe of the other inductees?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I love it, but to be honest if I didn't know the band I would think it's about a singer shitting themselves on stage.

I'm still going to check it out in person if I can

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Whew! This saved me a repeat visit to the HOF museum. If only they had access to that fucking HD prototype video <shakes fist like an old man>.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    There’s no face, so is it going to be a facial projection of him singing?

And yeah, that looks more like poop smears than mud LMAO!
    @kaydraven where did you get that pic from?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It’s on nin.com and twitter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    There’s no face, so is it going to be a facial projection of him singing?

And yeah, that looks more like poop smears than mud LMAO!
    @kaydraven where did you get that pic from?
    As @cdm mentioned, it's from NIN's socials. I WISH that was my photo, but no. And now I'm picturing some projection on the mannequin's face...and I don't like it. Thanks for giving me that thought lol. I do like how the mannequin looks pretty angry. It matches Trent's aesthetic quite nicely.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I fucking love that!!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    The harsh lighting casting two hard silhouettes on the back wall is absolute fucking perfection.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The harsh lighting casting two hard silhouettes on the back wall is absolute fucking perfection.
    It has an eerie quality to it, but also feels kind of triumphant in a way. The much-larger shadow almost seems like a figurative nod to what NIN would immediately grow into as a direct result of that performance, as well as a more literal association with the shadows used during performances much later in Trent's career.

I have no idea if that's what they were going for, or if they just liked it because it looked cool. But that was my first impression looking at it. I really, really like it.

Also, whoever made that mannequin got the stance absolutely perfect. If you had just shown me the legs and nothing else I would have instantly known who it was. I don't know who made that thing, but I hope they got a raise because they knocked that out of the park.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 08-13-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m really digging that too!

Playing a little devils advocate here: anyone else think that may be a teaser/unfinished? Shadows are really cool, but it’s mostly white. Even the NIN border logo may have a black border.

thumbs up

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That instantly reminded me of their stripped down production in 2014. I saw them with Soundgarden in Tinley Park they they were casting shadows all over the "piss-stained sheet" at the back of the stage. So it combined the old with the new. All the white is also very appropriate for an exhibition like this.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Thank you. Trent and I came up with the idea in February. I oversaw the project but many talented people were involved in its creation. I’ll share some more photos and credits tomorrow when the exhibit opens to the public (likely on my Instagram account)