Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1243

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ok I'm not doing a search to see if anyone has already brought this up or anything but since AV and NTAE both dropped on CD (and everyone here seems pretty satisfied that occurred), can we speculate about the possibility of the DE editions of Broken, TDS and TF releasing on CD as well? Or at least TF Dev One since that is Halo 30. It's rare when a Halo doesn't get a CD release (excluding movies\ videos.) All the sound track work seems to have CD releases. Just sayin'.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The little download cards are so cute!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Ok I'm not doing a search to see if anyone has already brought this up or anything but since AV and NTAE both dropped on CD (and everyone here seems pretty satisfied that occurred), can we speculate about the possibility of the DE editions of Broken, TDS and TF releasing on CD as well? Or at least TF Dev One since that is Halo 30. It's rare when a Halo doesn't get a CD release (excluding movies\ videos.) All the sound track work seems to have CD releases. Just sayin'.
    I’d like to believe they will! Deviations seems less likely to me, as the content is fairly niche. But certainly, I’d like a CD of that release.

Before the Flood, and Patriots Day both never received CD releases. Huge bummer there.
    Last edited by ROFLRICK; 11-19-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do copies of the definitive editions that are not purchased on NIN.com, but elsewhere, include the download cards?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    Do copies of the definitive editions that are not purchased on NIN.com, but elsewhere, include the download cards?
    I purchased Broken at Barnes and Noble today—it included the card.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tower records in Ireland are listing Deviations 1 for 69.99 euro with free postage. That is an awful lot cheaper than any other method I've seen to get it here. And certainly an awful lot cheaper than getting it from nin.com.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Tower records in Ireland are listing Deviations 1 for 69.99 euro with free postage. That is an awful lot cheaper than any other method I've seen to get it here. And certainly an awful lot cheaper than getting it from nin.com.
    And this is awful too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

Yes it is. I wonder how much that would add up to when shipped to Ireland.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Yes it is. I wonder how much that would add up to when shipped to Ireland.
    give it a try. normally jpc is realistic when you're talking about shipping fees. and they have an excellent service.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Extremely unlikely. The point of the definitive editions is that they're definitive. Which for Trent means vinyl. If you want TDS on CD, you already have that.

and a lot of the soundtracks don't so I don't know why you said most of them do.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ok well Social Network, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl and Vietnam War are on CD from a quick google search, that's four of six with one being very recent. just saying...
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 11-19-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ok well Social Network, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl and Vietnam War are on CD from a quick google search, that's four of six with one being very recent. just saying...
    Soundtracks are different than scores. The Vietnam war soundtrack I saw on CD in store is not the Reznor Ross score.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    Soundtracks are different than scores. The Vietnam war soundtrack I saw on CD in store is not the Reznor Ross score.
    I was going to say the same thing since the Vietnam war score was one of the ones I was thinking of in my original comment but according to amazon, there is a cd version of it. I wish it had a release date because I'm almost certain that didn't exist before. The number of one star reviews from people who thought they were getting the soundtrack is hysterical.

But since I thought it was only social network and GwtDT, I stand corrected. I still stand by my point on the definitive editions though.
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B.../dp/B074WGM6CB

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If Trent released the Definitive Editions and Deviations on CD, I'd buy them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

There's an interview from the 90s where Trent is talking about how he dislikes that CDs allow you to skip around easily, and he doesn't like the diminished artwork. He also says that he doesn't think that vinyl sounds as good. It's interesting and a bit unfortunate that he is more concerned with exerting a sort of control of the experience (through making it more difficult to skip tracks) than he is with the sound quality, since that's kind of the main product of a musical group, and he spends a lot of time crafting the sound, with the exception of a couple quickie releases. (He's also somewhat right: I do submit more to the experience on vinyl, because I'm impatient, but if I'm bored by it I zone out or just turn it off.)

I believe this is the interview but I haven't rewatched it to check:

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    There's an interview from the 90s where Trent is talking about how he dislikes that CDs allow you to skip around easily, and he doesn't like the diminished artwork. He also says that he doesn't think that vinyl sounds as good. It's interesting and a bit unfortunate that he is more concerned with exerting a sort of control of the experience (through making it more difficult to skip tracks) than he is with the sound quality, since that's kind of the main product of a musical group, and he spends a lot of time crafting the sound, with the exception of a couple quickie releases. (He's also somewhat right: I do submit more to the experience on vinyl, because I'm impatient, but if I'm bored by it I zone out or just turn it off.)

He also says "I'm not real keen on using my music in films. It's just kinda a cheap tie-in".

I understand what he means, but it's pretty ironic considering recent output.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was going to say the same thing since the Vietnam war score was one of the ones I was thinking of in my original comment but according to amazon, there is a cd version of it. I wish it had a release date because I'm almost certain that didn't exist before. The number of one star reviews from people who thought they were getting the soundtrack is hysterical.

But since I thought it was only social network and GwtDT, I stand corrected. I still stand by my point on the definitive editions though.
    https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-War-B.../dp/B074WGM6CB
    i believe the CD came out on friday september 15th. my order of it was delivered by amazon on tuesday the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post

because music is more than just sound quality. it should be an experience. and if you buy the records from the NIN website, you also get your choice of high-quality download format...so it's not that he doesn't care about the sound quality, it's that he wants people to experience the music of NIN in a particular way. i don't think there's anything wrong with that. i would hate for someone to listen to one of my albums on apple earbuds (or whatever they're called) on shuffle, because it's going to sound awful and i put a lot of thought into the flow of an album. but i'm not a big enough artist to determine things like that. trent is. he gets to dictate what is, in his opinion, the best way to experience his art, and that's totally within his rights as the creator of it.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 11-20-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    He also says "I'm not real keen on using my music in films. It's just kinda a cheap tie-in".

You have to pretend that licensing pop music for a movie soundtrack and scoring for a movie are the same thing, and they're not.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think he meant when studios use NIN songs in movies, which is more advertising than anything else. With films scores, he's part of the creative process.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Reckless in Chicago has all those Interscope reissues as well as Deviations, noticed when I dropped by to pick up Add Violence. Maybe it’s leftover Sandbag stock?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Saw a load of new NIN vinyl in HMV today. It was weird seeing it in a store after all these years. It seems really expensive too. £20 is about the average price point for an album; the NIN pricing pretty much matches their store and that's above, e.g. Tds was £33. Not news but seeing it in the flesh drove it home. Also a bit weird to me is the different prices for the last two EPs. I think it was £20 and £30.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Saw a load of new NIN vinyl in HMV today. It was weird seeing it in a store after all these years. It seems really expensive too. £20 is about the average price point for an album; the NIN pricing pretty much matches their store and that's above, e.g. Tds was £33. Not news but seeing it in the flesh drove it home. Also a bit weird to me is the different prices for the last two EPs. I think it was £20 and £30.
    Yeah I took pics of the Fragile vinyl on the racks because it was so odd to see it after almost twenty years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just got home from buying NTAE CD at barnes n noble this afternoon (even though i ordered a copy that is currently en route, i'm terrible at waiting) and they also had all the DE lps as well as NTAE and AV. It was all i could do to stop myself from putting them all on a credit card. here's to self control
    Last edited by snichols; 11-20-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

You have to pretend that licensing pop music for a movie soundtrack and scoring for a movie are the same thing, and they're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    I think he meant when studios use NIN songs in movies, which is more advertising than anything else. With films scores, he's part of the creative process.
    Note the part of the post where I said "I understand what he means". Fairly self-explanatory.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    HMV spotting here too, and I know what you guys mean. It's a thing that happened to me a couple of times before, but never while I was awake. Huge, huge change from that lonely PHM (shittastic 2011 re-release) vinyl that used to made up this particular store's entire NIN catalog since about 2014.

It was extremely weird seeing and holding Deviations in the flesh, but even here the wrapping didn't really leave the sleeve in a condition you would hope for an above £60-something price tag. Still kinda regretting not picking it up, hopefully I'll find one in decent condition this week.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If Trent released the Definitive Editions and Deviations on CD, I'd buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    I’d like to believe they will! Deviations seems less likely to me, as the content is fairly niche. But certainly, I’d like a CD of that release.

Before the Flood, and Patriots Day both never received CD releases. Huge bummer there.
    Patriots Day has yet to see a physical release and since it is a "Action Flick" their is hope on that one having a CD, lol. Anyway, I'm at least hoping for TF Dev One on CD myself. At least in my Jeep a CD version would sound better than mp3's from my phone.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Note the part of the post where I said "I understand what he means". Fairly self-explanatory.
    But yeah that stops it being ironic at all. So you're wrong.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    But yeah that stops it being ironic at all. So you're wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    crossposting here:

"Not sure where to post this but Barnes/Noble was offering a 25% off coupon in-store and 20% online that ends tonight (the 26th) so I was able to pick up The Fragile for $30."

Difference between 25 and 20 is less than $2 so if you order by midnight tonight you're fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So sad that the unreleased track "Just Do It" isn't part of the "Definitive" version of TDS.
    I hope it will be part of a TDS - Deviations 2 including The Beauty of the drug, Dead Souls, etc...
    Last edited by blitzkrieg; 11-28-2017 at 11:39 AM.