Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I uploaded higher resolution versions of the artwork variations for Not The Actual Events (e.g.), but they don't appear unless I'm logged in. Do these need approval, or is there a particular reason why these larger versions might not be appropriate?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm seeing something like that since I uploaded some high res artwork from the new NIN.com. For example, I can see the thumbnail of my new upload of the TDS artwork on the TDS page while I'm logged out, but when I click through to the file page it still has my old upload (I know the thumbnail is my new upload, because it's perfectly square and my old one wasn't.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm seeing the same thing, and I'm checking into it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It looks like that behavior is limited to the file pages, and does not affect the actual images. The new versions of images are replacing the old ones, but the wiki shows the cached version of the file page to not-logged-in users.

On another note, does anyone have a source saying "officially" that NTAE is "Halo 29" and Deviations 1 is "Halo 30"? I've done some googling but can't find any reference to those specific numbers. I know it makes sense for them to be that, but something official would be ideal.
    Last edited by Tony; 12-28-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It looks like that behavior is limited to the file pages, and does not affect the actual images. The new versions of images are replacing the old ones, but the wiki shows the cached version of the file page to not-logged-in users.

On another note, does anyone have a source saying "officially" that NTAE is "Halo 29" and Deviations 1 is "Halo 30"? I've done some googling but can't find any reference to those specific numbers. I know it makes sense for them to be that, but something official would be ideal.
    Halo 30 is in the last image of the Deviations 1 PDF. There is no confirmation yet of NTAE being Halo 29, afaik, just the assumption based on Halo 30.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    is there any artwork for the tracklisting/back cover of NTAE or did TR not even bother?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    is there any artwork for the tracklisting/back cover of NTAE or did TR not even bother?
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/1...actual-events/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Notes about Doom 3 weren't linked to the Soundtracks page, so I added this note:

http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Soundtracks

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    HELLO. Sorry, I haven't logged into ETS to get these notifications. I am planning on updating the main page soon, just busy with the holidays and all. I'll also check into clearing the cache.
    I see you added NTAE and Deviations 1 to main page, thanks!

@Malechite - Can you please add Patriots Day next to Before the Flood too on the main page?

http://www.nin.wiki/Patriots_Day_Soundtrack
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-23-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    People, the wiki has a methodology for posting lyrics.

The initial lyrics box is the lyrics as heard in the song. Word for bloody word (without useless repetition though). You should be able to sing along to these perfectly.

Then, any variances in the officially published lyrics are noted afterward in separate boxes with preambles explaining where the lyrics come from and where they are inserted in the actual song lyrics (when applicable.)

You don't just plop the fucking copypasta out of the lyrics tag into a second box. You're wasting pageload time and (slight) server strain for nothing.

fucking n00bs

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Halo 30 is in the last image of the Deviations 1 PDF. There is no confirmation yet of NTAE being Halo 29, afaik, just the assumption based on Halo 30.
    Oh, fuck myself I didn't know that, thanks a lot ofr the info.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...838#post33483810 Miles High (and all other versions) sampled the flute sample from the song 'the downward spiral' with a slower tempo.
    listen to TMH between 0:10 & 0:20 and 1:05 on TDS. You can also hear it better on The Bottom version at 2:44. @noiseball turned on the switch, I noticed the flute sections, and the guitar riffs are similar as well. I did not notice the TDS motif he says is at 3:16 on TMH (instrumental).

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    People, the wiki has a methodology for posting lyrics.

The initial lyrics box is the lyrics as heard in the song. Word for bloody word (without useless repetition though). You should be able to sing along to these perfectly.

Then, any variances in the officially published lyrics are noted afterward in separate boxes with preambles explaining where the lyrics come from and where they are inserted in the actual song lyrics (when applicable.)

You don't just plop the fucking copypasta out of the lyrics tag into a second box. You're wasting pageload time and (slight) server strain for nothing.

fucking n00bs
    I am really confused by the article on Branches/Bones. Why are there three lyric boxes in there?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Oh great it's a ninwiki thread : Is it me or it's missing some of the fragile nin.com era free mixes ? I recently shared "version A and B" of them and cannot even remember what's it all about.

PS: Just for the glory of me yes, I was the guy who found Closer(Thrust) out of the french band "Sin", they made a single used in race game, perfume, and Hollywood movies. According to them, it's a pre-version of what' it's already known, made with only the french ppl involved in that final mix. I mean they sent me directly that mp3, years before I noticed there were something different when they played it before one of their show and asked them directly if by chance this was their own remix, answer was no but almost. All of this already has been discussed directly on ninwiki, that song spent years to be downloadable on their official website, but there isn't proof of that even on web archives, however, that song is now official from remix.nin.com and there is people sharing the Closer EP and the Sin(the french band) EPs credits anyway.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Is it me or it's missing some of the fragile nin.com era free mixes ? I recently shared "version A and B" of them and cannot even remember what's it all about.
    They're all there. Remixes of NYD, LM, TNF and TF are in their respective pages, and there's a separate page for "Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com)" because it's not a remix.

Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I am really confused by the article on Branches/Bones. Why are there three lyric boxes in there?
    Exactly, this is an example of what I meant in my bitchpost. The second box should be removed.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    They're all there. Remixes of NYD, LM, TNF and TF are in their respective pages, and there's a separate page for "Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com)" because it's not a remix.
    Mmmhhhhhhhhh ok you may be right, does that mean that :
    Nine Inch Nails - The New Flesh (Version A)
    Nine Inch Nails - The New Flesh (Version B)
    Are indeed the files The New Flesh (thingsfallingapart.com version) and Untitled piece of music. ? That make sense since my archive doesn't include them, but in this case, how the hell those name were in my archive, where does it come from and why isn't it mentioned on ninwiki ?.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mmmhhhhhhhhh ok you may be right, does that mean that :
    Nine Inch Nails - The New Flesh (Version A)
    Nine Inch Nails - The New Flesh (Version B)
    Are indeed the files The New Flesh (thingsfallingapart.com version) and Untitled piece of music. ? That make sense since my archive doesn't include them, but in this case, how the hell those name were in my archive, where does it come from and why isn't it mentioned on ninwiki ?.
    That is likely, but I don't have these version A/B things, so someone else is gonna have to verify.

We didn't have titles until they were put on remix.nin.com. They were called anything fans wanted to call them before that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I just added myself the 2013 remix here : http://www.nin.wiki/A_Warm_Place#Versions
    Hope everyone will agree

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The New Flesh (thingsfallingapart.com version) • 1:19.146 • 192kbps CBR (Stereo)
    The New Flesh (Version A) • 1:22.378 • 128kbps CBR (Joint-Stereo)

Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com) • 1:07.667 • 192kbps CBR (Stereo)
    The New Flesh (Version B) • 1:07.697 • 160kbps CBR (Joint-Stereo)

.zip of all 4 files here

• The New Flesh (thingsfallingapart.com version) & The New Flesh (Version A) are audibly the same song, with these differences:

1). The "background" loops/effects/drones and vocal sample are more up-front in the (thingsfallingapart.com version). On the surface, it sounds closer to something of a "rough mix", but without proper lineage information there is no way to tell.
    2). (Version A) has the entirety of the fade-out at the end, whereas the (thingsfallingapart.com version) ends "abruptly".

• Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com) & The New Flesh (Version B) are audibly the same song, with this difference:

1). (Version B) has a quick fade-out added to the end of it and is slightly longer.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The New Flesh (thingsfallingapart.com version) • 1:19.146 • 192kbps CBR (Stereo)

.zip of all 4 files here

• The New Flesh (thingsfallingapart.com version) & The New Flesh (Version A) are audibly the same song, with these differences:

1). The "background" loops/effects/drones and vocal sample are more up-front in the (thingsfallingapart.com version). On the surface, it sounds closer to something of a "rough mix", but without proper lineage information there is no way to tell.
    2). (Version A) has the entirety of the fade-out at the end, whereas the (thingsfallingapart.com version) ends "abruptly".

• Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com) & The New Flesh (Version B) are audibly the same song, with this difference:

1). (Version B) has a quick fade-out added to the end of it and is slightly longer.
    Wow so we were correct, with a few difference. Also, I don't know why I searched google when my own webpage that I wrote in 2005 was already claiming that fact, adding that the name has been chosen by the communauty because there was only hidden flash music: no name at the time. That page has to be a copy of another US one.

It make sense there were no name since music looks like embeded into flash. I will recommend to mention that these tracks were once called A and B before they made an appearance at remix.nin.com just if someone is asking himself the same question and forgot 12 years later he already noted it.

EDIT: Just added the info at ninwiki
    Last edited by ninjaw; 01-09-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I just added myself the 2013 remix here : http://www.nin.wiki/A_Warm_Place#Versions
    Hope everyone will agree
    I think that information should go under the "Live" section, as the "Versions" section is usually reserved for officially released stuff that you can buy/download/obtain somehow.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think that information should go under the "Live" section, as the "Versions" section is usually reserved for officially released stuff that you can buy/download/obtain somehow.
    Yeah I was wondering since it probably were some recording played during the show, and it may surface later in some rarities playlist... but it make sense.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @Leviathant , I accidentally overwrote your upload of the Apple Music NTAE cover when I was trying to upload the latest discovery from nin.com from my phone. I quickly reverted it back so ignore any notifications you might receive.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

.zip of all 4 files here

Thanks for that, I added this to the information:

Compared to their officially-released 2007 counterparts, Version A and Version B are basically the same, with minor mastering and fade out variations.

By the way, does anyone have an MP3 rip of Starfuckers from the TDTWWA cassette with this difference? -

Starfuckers, Inc. (The Day The World Went Away)[edit]

This version has an extended ending, incorporating fireworks and applause from KISS' "Shout It Out Loud," found on Alive II, and the beginning guitar riff of "Complication." The track then fades out. The version on the cassette single ends with an audience shouting "Nine Inch Nails!" and lacks the beginning of "Complication".

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

By the way, does anyone have an MP3 rip of Starfuckers from the TDTWWA cassette with this difference? -

Starfuckers, Inc. (The Day The World Went Away)[edit]

This version has an extended ending, incorporating fireworks and applause from KISS' "Shout It Out Loud," found on Alive II, and the beginning guitar riff of "Complication." The track then fades out. The version on the cassette single ends with an audience shouting "Nine Inch Nails!" and lacks the beginning of "Complication".
    I have every versions of this end ... btw we know now that this is wrong : audience is shouting "We want Kiss" and not NIN, we discovered that with the extra long version from deviations.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I have every versions of this end ... btw we know now that this is wrong : audience is shouting "We want Kiss" and not NIN, we discovered that with the extra long version from deviations.
    Can you PM it to me please?

I edited the wiki.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A quick post from me to thank all of the members of the ETS community who contribute to the wiki. It has been a go-to resource for me for so long now (I shudder to think of the number of hours I've spent browsing from article to article over the years). Give me a ninwiki-spiral over a YouTube- or Wikipedia-spiral any day of the week!

I think it speaks volumes about our community that we've such an incredibly detailed resource concerning that on which we geek out. How brilliant is our fan community!?; the lack of something like a fan-driven comprehensive Bowiewiki, or Curewiki, etc., says a lot about us (or maybe just the detail-driven nature of the sort of people who become a fan of a band like NIN, hahaha!). Some of you are HARDcore!

Underneath It All, TOIOU, ninwiki, This Noise Inside My Head (R.I.P.), etc., etc. ... NIN has some rad fans. True?

So thank you for your time and diligence in keeping this thing up to date and accurate. *big hug*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    No, it's different between the two. The chants are likely overdubs, which is why they're not on the instrumental – neither is Trent's "woo!" after Paul Stanley yelling "good night!"

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Any idea why You Know Who You Are is appearing in italics on this page?

http://www.nin.wiki/Category:NIN_Instrumentals

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Any idea why You Know Who You Are is appearing in italics on this page?
    http://www.nin.wiki/Category:NIN_Instrumentals
    Because it's a redirect page that takes you to HLAH, but it is added to instrumentals category on its own. Any redirect page added to a category will appear this way.