Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the equivalency thing going on in general is just incredible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Manson admitted on Howard Stern a couple of years ago that he and Trent had a 3 way with some girl they met backstage (and this was right after he made up with TR so this wasn't when he was in slander mode). I remember the story Stern said years ago when he went to a strip club in New Orleans in the mid 90s and about 5 different strippers told him they were dating Trent Reznor. Pretty obvious TR was no angel. I certainly don't think TR was abusing women like Brian Warner, but TR certainly wasn't living the most pristine lifestyle hanging out w Manson and Twiggy....I mean David Bowie used to go with underage girls yet he seems to be regarded as the messiah and nobody can dare say anything bad about him. Dig through Bowie's closets and you won't like what you find
    Didn't we do this already in the Manson thread? Oh yes, here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Don't conflate sordid antics between consenting adults with sustained patterns of horrendous domestic abuse.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Manson admitted on Howard Stern a couple of years ago that he and Trent had a 3 way with some girl they met backstage (and this was right after he made up with TR so this wasn't when he was in slander mode). I remember the story Stern said years ago when he went to a strip club in New Orleans in the mid 90s and about 5 different strippers told him they were dating Trent Reznor. Pretty obvious TR was no angel. I certainly don't think TR was abusing women like Brian Warner, but TR certainly wasn't living the most pristine lifestyle hanging out w Manson and Twiggy....I mean David Bowie used to go with underage girls yet he seems to be regarded as the messiah and nobody can dare say anything bad about him. Dig through Bowie's closets and you won't like what you find
    ಠ_ಠ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Since the Manson thread everytime I see a comment from you on this forum related to this (or even not), it's full of shit and this time isn't different at all.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    When Bowie died, the underage girl subject was discussed at length (how it was somehow “acceptable” among elite rockstars at the time but is absolutely reprehensible now) and Bowie absolutely was not let off the hook for that or any other dumb shit in his history. NOBODY is a messiah.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The whole stripper thing makes me think, well at least they’re going to be of consensual age. I’ve never seen Trent linked with strings of barely legal teens like Manson. Also the people he was romantically linked to in the mid 90s were Courtney Love and Tori Amos who are both actually older. (Also Mariqueen is 16 years younger which in Hollywood terms is not that much younger at all)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    When Bowie died, the underage girl subject was discussed at length (how it was somehow “acceptable” among elite rockstars at the time but is absolutely reprehensible now) and Bowie absolutely was not let off the hook for that or any other dumb shit in his history. NOBODY is a messiah.
    I looked up Lorri Maddox on wiki and I really do not understand why anyone would want to do that! Was it for some sense of rebellion, like doing something illegal? The fact that Jimmy Page would go to the lengths of keeping her locked in hotel rooms and visit her because he knew it was illegal, like why not just date an 18 year old who would likely be similarly hot?? I don’t understand the desire or the point of this ‘underage girls’ thing when they weren’t actually paedophiles, it was like some weird trophy thing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The groupie board that shall not be named (lol) said he used to date the typical too-skinny goth chicks and average NOLA exotic dancers, and Manson poked fun at him for this in his book, the level of “ugly” women that Reznor dated. Again, just some weird toxic shit from Manson.

But us old board members remember Reznor dating a young deaf woman for a few years, even learning some American Sign Language to learn to communicate with her.

@WorzelG - Page had a serious relationship with a woman back home who was the mother of his child. NO idea this fixation with teens, but it was everywhere, there was even a teen groupie magazine! I used to see it on magazine racks right next to 16 and Tiger Beat! There were other “famous” underage groupies (Sable Starr was with Iggy Pop wtf). Totally gross. See: https://pleasekillme.com/star-magazine
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The groupie board that shall not be named (lol) said he used to date the typical too-skinny goth chicks and average NOLA exotic dancers, and Manson poked fun at him for this in his book, the level of “ugly” women that Reznor dated. Again, just some weird toxic shit from Manson.

But us old board members remember Reznor dating a young deaf woman for a few years, even learning some American Sign Language to learn to communicate with her.
    didn’t Saul Williams talk of her having a bad reaction to one of his performances because, although deaf, she felt the music vibrations?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I get that this is a NIN forum but it seems lousy for the conversation about this to be based around if Trent is going to be unfairly tossed in. The focus should be on this main man’s crimes and the current network of people who allowed it. The allegations so far against Manson are almost all from the past decade and involve numerous women being roped in through collaborations and meet and greets involving everyone on his tours and in his management enabling and concealing these actions. A lot of people should be held accountable here, and his labels and agencies dropping him shouldn’t absolve them. No one does this at the level he clearly has for so many years without others helping it happen and silencing those who object. Just like Hollywood, this is an industry not only enabling but designed to prop up people who use their status to prey on others and there should be a real look into why it is that someone this famous could get away with violence, rape and exploitation of fans and artists while using their tours and fame as a way of cultivating vulnerable people to use and discard at their will. People who have worked on tours have commented on this corroborating stories and sharing more. If low level crew knew of all this, am I supposed to believe bands on those tours didn’t have some inkling?

Evan’s shared a lot of stories from a lot of women about intense, horrific relationships from the past decade. He’s been able to have that many abusive relationships without anyone in a position of authority noticing? They should all be nailed to the wall and there should be a demand to reevaluate the entire music industry. It’s no secret bands have been using tours to rape and exploit girls for over 50 years.

No one does what someone as famous as Manson has done without a lot of people not only looking the other way but also aiding and abetting the behavior and until that’s changed, there will always be another person like this who exploits the whole system. Manson was allowed to gloat, brag and show off in interviews for years about his violence and behavior, he attacked band members onstage openly, he physically assaulted journalists and made death threats to them publicly online, and all the while this was passed off by the media as “entertaining” and a part of the appeal. This is someone whose behavior was rewarded, made to be seen as alluring and turned into something to admire and consider essential by an entire industry. I hope the women coming forward get to see him face some sort of justice but I also hope it’s remembered that this isn’t something only one person made possible and that a reckoning for that whole system occurs. If there isn’t a fundamental change to these industries it will only happen again and again, more sophisticated than before and we’ll see a whole other generation of artists and entertainers full of violent narcissists who are told by the world they thrive in that they can do whatever they want to whoever they like. It’s all inexcusable, and I’m worried it will keep happening because the conversation is always centered around one person’s actions and never the institutions that allowed them to get away with it for so long. A lot has to change or this will be nothing more than a bullet point on an already long list.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Y’all, I’m not trying to lecture anybody here but we need to be careful of bringing up every single girl we’ve ever heard about Trent dating, in this thread in particular.

It seems like it has the potential to spiral into an unhelpful discussion that will muddy the waters about the very real accusations involving Manson.

Unless there is a specific accusation made against Trent, I don’t think it’s helpful to talk about his romantic life outside of clearing his name via the anecdotes he’s provided himself in interviews or whatever.

This is a really tricky situation, and I would hate to see somebody outside of this board misinterpret offhand gossip about his private life in here. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.

I’m speaking to myself on this one too, not trying to jump on anyone’s ass.

This whole thing is just so shitty. And I want to kick Manson in the head, lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Unless we start hearing about accusations against Trent from victims and not from Manson, I don't think there's anything for any of us to say about it.

And as to whether or not he knew what Manson was doing, even if he did, stopping it isn't a thing that one person can do when you're in an industry that enables it and has been used to enabling it for years.

It takes a much bigger movement to end that kind of industry-wide abuse, which is really just starting now with the MeToo movement. It's long overdue, but in the 90s and early 00s, whether he knew or not, Trent wouldn't have been able to stop it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    What's the name of that dude from like 20 years ago who told all the bullshit stories about sex and partying? Google says Tucker Max. Warner reminds me a lot of that douche. Making up the story as he goes along to make it seem more "RAWK STAR" than it was. The line didn't blur, it vanished in that delusional, abusive mind. It wasn't Brian Warner doing that to them, it was Marilyn Manson! They loved it because he was who he was! God of Fuck! Ugh...

"I'm on Howard Stern, the most popular DJ in the world... gotta make something seem crazier than it was. "So we were drinking, huh, out of fresh skulls we just dug up, contemplating the universe and how the fascism of it all is contained in those very skulls. Then, uh, we shot guns into the air in front of the police station!"

Or the interview where he happy exclaims he put a gun into the editor from Spin's mouth...

We don't know what transpired on that tour, and this is probably editing, but if you watch the El Duce/Manson part on Closure, you don't see a certain singer anywhere at all. He was more focused about singing "Broken Hearts are for Assholes."

When I saw Manson in Starfuckers and the easter egg on AATCHB, all I could think was, "Well, this isn't going to last long..."
    Last edited by poinoup; 02-03-2021 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Space bars are amazing creations.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    The focus should be on this main man’s crimes and the current network of people who allowed it.
    Thank you.

One of the fans who witnessed some disturbing stuff, who was 20 at the time (a broken IG link was posted here) is getting a rash of shit for not “doing something” when she and her fiancé witnessed it. She said she was young and afraid, and they’re pushing back at her.

But it’s patently ridiculous, the idea that a FAN (particularly a FEMALE fan) can DO anything about an entire system like this. WHAT exactly should she have “done?” Said it was wrong? Give me a break. Let’s imagine how THAT would have turned out. How about calling the cops ... on a TOUR BUS. One person vs. all those other people, in a moving vehicle.

This is why victims don’t report anything: Fear and intimidation are built in. Sure, if you aren’t there, it’s easy for you to say what YOU would do. But you’re full of shit.

The “network that allowed it” and how to define that is complicated; certainly, a system should exist as to where people can safely report this information without fear of reprisal, etc. Right now, that system does not always exist. There also exists a power structure wherein people are mostly looking out for themselves and what’s in it for them, vs. helping someone else. (That’s what happened with me.) I’m not sure if that makes them legally responsible or liable, though. There are plenty of cases in history of people witnessing things and refusing to “get involved” in order to protect themselves.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Sexual Asshatery in the News

Wes Borland just confirmed that he saw some shit. Didn’t specify what exactly, but he was around when Manson was with Evan.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/wes-bo...th-his-demons/

Some of the holdouts on the Manson sub are finally coming around to acceptance now that Wes confirmed he saw something.

On the one hand, it’s sad that it takes a man speaking up for a woman to be believed. On the other hand, I am glad he spoke up.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 02-03-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I get that this is a NIN forum but it seems lousy for the conversation about this to be based around if Trent is going to be unfairly tossed in. The focus should be on this main man’s crimes and the current network of people who allowed it. The allegations so far against Manson are almost all from the past decade and involve numerous women being roped in through collaborations and meet and greets involving everyone on his tours and in his management enabling and concealing these actions. A lot of people should be held accountable here, and his labels and agencies dropping him shouldn’t absolve them. No one does this at the level he clearly has for so many years without others helping it happen and silencing those who object. Just like Hollywood, this is an industry not only enabling but designed to prop up people who use their status to prey on others and there should be a real look into why it is that someone this famous could get away with violence, rape and exploitation of fans and artists while using their tours and fame as a way of cultivating vulnerable people to use and discard at their will. People who have worked on tours have commented on this corroborating stories and sharing more. If low level crew knew of all this, am I supposed to believe bands on those tours didn’t have some inkling?

Evan’s shared a lot of stories from a lot of women about intense, horrific relationships from the past decade. He’s been able to have that many abusive relationships without anyone in a position of authority noticing? They should all be nailed to the wall and there should be a demand to reevaluate the entire music industry. It’s no secret bands have been using tours to rape and exploit girls for over 50 years.

No one does what someone as famous as Manson has done without a lot of people not only looking the other way but also aiding and abetting the behavior and until that’s changed, there will always be another person like this who exploits the whole system. Manson was allowed to gloat, brag and show off in interviews for years about his violence and behavior, he attacked band members onstage openly, he physically assaulted journalists and made death threats to them publicly online, and all the while this was passed off by the media as “entertaining” and a part of the appeal. This is someone whose behavior was rewarded, made to be seen as alluring and turned into something to admire and consider essential by an entire industry. I hope the women coming forward get to see him face some sort of justice but I also hope it’s remembered that this isn’t something only one person made possible and that a reckoning for that whole system occurs. If there isn’t a fundamental change to these industries it will only happen again and again, more sophisticated than before and we’ll see a whole other generation of artists and entertainers full of violent narcissists who are told by the world they thrive in that they can do whatever they want to whoever they like. It’s all inexcusable, and I’m worried it will keep happening because the conversation is always centered around one person’s actions and never the institutions that allowed them to get away with it for so long. A lot has to change or this will be nothing more than a bullet point on an already long list.
    Totally agree that the music industry is toxic as fuck. I’ve said in a previous post, what are the lines of command? Where do you go if you work in a venue and see some abusive shit?. It seems to me that people in music and film want to project this fuzzy image of themselves and give the attitude that ‘corporations’ are evil and artists are just here to provide feels for entertainment but if you work in an office, there’s chains of command that you can go down, yes I’m sure it doesn’t work in a lot of cases but they make the effort, it seems to me music and film doesn’t even make that effort to enable any of its employees or customers to feel safe?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you.

One of the fans who witnessed some disturbing stuff, who was 20 at the time (a broken IG link was posted here) is getting a rash of shit for not “doing something” when she and her fiancé witnessed it. She said she was young and afraid, and they’re pushing back at her.

But it’s patently ridiculous, the idea that a FAN (particularly a FEMALE fan) can DO anything about an entire system like this. WHAT exactly should she have “done?” Said it was wrong? Give me a break. Let’s imagine how THAT would have turned out. How about calling the cops ... on a TOUR BUS. One person vs. all those other people, in a moving vehicle.

This is why victims don’t report anything: Fear and intimidation are built in. Sure, if you aren’t there, it’s easy for you to say what YOU would do. But you’re full of shit.

The “network that allowed it” and how to define that is complicated; certainly, a system should exist as to where people can safely report this information without fear of reprisal, etc. Right now, that system does not always exist. There also exists a power structure wherein people are mostly looking out for themselves and what’s in it for them, vs. helping someone else. (That’s what happened with me.) I’m not sure if that makes them legally responsible or liable, though. There are plenty of cases in history of people witnessing things and refusing to “get involved” in order to protect themselves.
    Wes Borland is getting some rash of shit too for not "doing something" after mentioning what he saw in Manson's house.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Y’all, I’m not trying to lecture anybody here but we need to be careful of bringing up every single girl we’ve ever heard about Trent dating, in this thread in particular.
    We don’t know that data, we’re mostly talking shit from 25 years ago.
    @kleiner is right in that the focus was conveniently taken OFF of Brian Warner, which I suspect was by design.

There may have been some good intentions behind the Twitter poster, but he’s actually not helping the investigation and is just muddying the waters.

The first thing that needs to happen is to do something about Brian Warner.

THEN, maybe something can be “done” about the “system” which is NOT solely in the music and film industry, BUT IS EVERYWHERE!!

It’s TOXIC MASCULINITY, and it’s worldwide, in every class and culture. In every industry.

It’s also often sociopaths and psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Wes Borland is getting some rash of shit too for not "doing something" after mentioning what he saw in Manson's house.
    People “assume” that SO MUCH of what they see “must be between consenting adults” but ISN’T.

Two cops in Milwaukee were approached by a naked and bleeding boy, one handcuff dangling from his arm, drunk and pleading for help. Jeffrey Dahmer told the cops the kid was 19 and they were just gay and fighting. The cops left, and Dahmer said he murdered the boy minutes later.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This conversation is extremely enlightening. Allegro, I keep meaning to tell you I've learned a fair share from your posts in a few of the news topics. Intelligent, thought out posts. (No blowing smoke)

Brian Warner is a piece of shit who lost himself in his own hype, even past its prime. He flew too high, like Icarus, and now he's falling into the sea, and he's telling himself he's not drowning as the head goes under.

Let's focus on the victims now, and hope this may bring forward more victims of any abuse, no matter where they live.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is one of those things that goes beyond the music industry and is related to any abusive relationship, if the person involved isn’t in the space where they want out of the relationship you can be pooh poohed and even attacked by the abused party. I’ve read too many stories in just The press in my local area where someone has tried to intervene in an abusive relationship where a woman is being hit by their partner and the abused person they’re trying to help has turned on them! And what can the police do if they refuse to press charges?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It’s TOXIC MASCULINITY, and it’s worldwide, in every class and culture.
    agree with this 100% and feel totally powerless to do anything about it! I have two boys who are autistic, one is non verbal and the worry of trying to bring them up to do what’s right in this world is terrifying.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know we would all like to think of ourselves as being capable of being the hero who would speak up. But if you knew your own reputation, career or physical safety was on the line...would you really have it in you to do the right thing and speak up?

There have been times in my life when I spoke up for people who needed an advocate, and other times when I did nothing like a coward. And I’ve never been in a situation quite as high stakes or public as this one.

So I can’t in good fairness say “oh I would have called Manson out on his shit if I saw something” because I know that there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have. Especially if I was young, had a lot to lose and drugs in my system clouding my judgement like many of the folks involved had.

I’m sure a lot of people who are convinced they would have been bolder than Wes or the female victims. But I can’t make that claim myself. Maybe better people can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    One of the strangest rabbit holes i saw was someone, in great detail, explaining how Manson/NIN back in the 90's was an easy entry into being an abuser and neo-nazi...i closed Twatter at that point and went back to drawing.

I'm just so angry he got away with this shit for YEARS. I've had ex's who adored him because his music helped them through difficult times and would have loved to meet him, but he would have ABSOLUTELY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THEM, FUCK HIM! FUCK HIM ALL THE WAY TO HELL!

I'd like to think people will look at the Trent stuff and go "...wait nobody has accused him of anything, just some comments from an old book by and serial liar? ...ok" But that's not how the internet works.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Yeah, I know we would all like to think of ourselves as being capable of being the hero who would speak up. But if you knew your own reputation, career or physical safety was on the line...would you really have it in you to do the right thing and speak up?

There have been times in my life when I spoke up for people who needed an advocate, and other times when I did nothing like a coward. And I’ve never been in a situation quite as high stakes or public as this one.

So I can’t in good fairness say “oh I would have called Manson out on his shit if I saw something” because I know that there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have. Especially if I was young, had a lot to lose and drugs in my system clouding my judgement like many of the folks involved had.

I’m sure a lot of people who are convinced they would have been bolder than Wes or the female victims. But I can’t make that claim myself. Maybe better people can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plot twist: they wouldn't do that because it's not just as simple as they try to imply that is. I've met a lot of people who likes to say something in those lines but at the same time clearly knew they had a problematic friend and no shit was did about it.

Look how long it took to come to the public eye 1% of what was happening in Hollywood when it comes to abuse. (and now on music industry too) It's really good that are more and more people (specially youngsters) not tolerating shit like that but at the same time it's annoying how they think everything is easily solved just like pressing the block option on Twitter.

Wes Borland was the second ex-member (first being Sara Lee Lucas) whose worked with Manson that said something about the allegations and standed with the survivors since Evan's IG post yesterday. On the other side Courtney Love is defending Manson on her private IG account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Regarding ERW, I would recommand watching Alex Winter's documentary Showbiz Kids, on HBO. Evan is a former child actor and what she says in it is incredibly disturbing --and that was before she named that piece of shit as her abuser.

The whole documentary is a trigger warning. It gave me nightmares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Drunk and pissed-off rant //
    Fuck me, fuck Warner. I got interested in his latest album but eventually got bored because of his blatant narcissism. I had read about ERW's allegations, which made me uncomfortable to say the least and prevented me from listening to the music.
    But all this shit surfacing is yet on another level. If eventually you find yourself in a fucked-up relationship - like he said he was with ERW - the least you can do as a human being is recognizing your faults, talk to the person and hear that she's been hurt. Nobody can fix everything but the least you can do is provide some space for rehabilitation and healing. Which he publicly never did.
    And then we read about other women abused, belittled, victims of psychological, sexual, financial extortion.

I'm angry as shit because he did brilliant work with the trilogy (ACSS, MA and HW), it helped me in difficult times in my life and provided me with some level of comfort, expression and self-awareness. Thinking of those times, he should have reinvented himself, but he only got more self-absorbed, worried about his image, doing everything he could to feed the persona he created - only to find himself a shadow of the artist he could have been. And now the walking caricature has betrayed everything he once artistically stood for and that fucking hurts. The funny thing as I'm typing this is that lyrics come to my mind that turn against him, he has now achieved the prowess of being the very subject of what he once stood for. Congrats Brian, you fell on the wrong side of your own art!

He always defended a porous frontier between life and art, now he can be the in-denial-passive-witness of empowered women reconstructing themselves, which is actually a beautiful performance if you want to see it this way.
    // drunken pissed-off rant

Having been a victim of abuse myself and having gotten through it thanks to music, philosophy and art in general, I can only wish these women will get the closure they rightly deserve.
    And philosophically I studied Nietzsche, Artaud and Jodorowsky, and everything you can read about the porous frontier between life and art only makes sense if you work towards the common good and include a profound sense of healing of the soul. Missing that makes you a psychopath.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On the other side Courtney Love is defending Manson on her private IG account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    why doesn’t that surprise me? I get so annoyed by people talking about how sexist it is to diss Courtney Love. Although to be fair I think if she was a man she might be like Manson and maybe that in itself is telling about the disparity between the sexes. I think women have some kind of genetic coding to bitch about each other and men have some weird self protective code to defend each other. This is my experience anyway
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-03-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This is one of those things that goes beyond the music industry and is related to any abusive relationship, if the person involved isn’t in the space where they want out of the relationship you can be pooh poohed and even attacked by the abused party. I’ve read too many stories in just The press in my local area where someone has tried to intervene in an abusive relationship where a woman is being hit by their partner and the abused person they’re trying to help has turned on them! And what can the police do if they refuse to press charges?
    I was finally helped by people who took that chance and that’s the only way I really got out; they helped me search for an apartment, helped me move; a few were acquaintances of my ex and were right there in front of him, all six-foot-two, 220 pounds of him (with his at least six guns in the apartment) helping me move my stuff out. But for YEARS, one of my best friends said and did NOTHING to help, only later saying she didn’t want to “get involved” because it could “bite her in the ass.”

This is cowardly bullshit. Plain and simple. If the victim isn’t currently able to leave due to various circumstances (there are many related to planning and strategy), the victim generally doesn’t “attack” the person trying to help them; if they do, it’s just a show, in order to appease their abuser.

My former friend simply wanted the benefits she received from my ex.

The reason why victims try to drop charges is due to FEAR; it’s also due to manipulation. Prosecutors know this, which is why they now proceed WITHOUT the victim pressing charges.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I was finally helped by people who took that chance and that’s the only way I really got out; they helped me search for an apartment, helped me move; a few were acquaintances of my ex and were right there in front of him, all six-foot-two, 220 pounds of him (with his at least six guns in the apartment) helping me move my stuff out. But for YEARS, one of my best friends said and did NOTHING to help, only later saying she didn’t want to “get involved” because it could “bite her in the ass.”

This is cowardly bullshit. Plain and simple. If the victim isn’t currently able to leave due to various circumstances (there are many related to planning and strategy), the victim generally doesn’t “attack” the person trying to help them; if they do, it’s just a show, in order to appease their abuser.

My former friend simply wanted the benefits she received from my ex.

The reason why victims try to drop charges is due to FEAR; it’s also due to manipulation. Prosecutors know this, which is why they now proceed WITHOUT the victim pressing charges.
    Glad you got out of that shit, when I talk about people being attacked it’s been strangers on the street watching someone being hit and trying to intervene

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Glad you got out of that shit, when I talk about people being attacked it’s been strangers on the street watching someone being hit and trying to intervene
    Even then, call the police and take photos with your phone?

The Dahmer victim comes to mind. Or the literally millions of human trafficking victims. You can “assume” the person he’s hitting is his partner ... is it?

https://sharedhope.org/takeaction/report-trafficking/

https://humantraffickinghotline.org/

Anyway, sorry, I’m done for the day.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2021 at 03:57 PM.