Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: A BOWIE Celebration - Concert Stream $25 - Jan. 8

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Some of the YouTube vids have been removed due to a claim by the rolling stone company. They were left up quite a while during the time you could actually pay to watch it. I hope this means they are planning a release, I’d buy it in a shot

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    To be fair, Rob wasn't a member on s/t EP. He only became one on An Omen/WO era
    He's listed as part of the band on the image on discogs: https://img.discogs.com/4vO5N9C95qMl...76718.jpeg.jpg

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    No Rob, No HTDA, unless and until the official camp say otherwise.
    Does each word constitute a band member?

Maybe it was just How To Destroy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    He's listed as part of the band on the image on discogs: https://img.discogs.com/4vO5N9C95qMl...76718.jpeg.jpg
    I admit my mistake

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I admit my mistake
    You are correct that he wasn't listed on the cover's hype sticker, though. Just said featuring Trent, Atticus and Mariqueen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Genuinely did not know TR could sing like that. He's always been an impressive screamer, but his singing has always been average. But Bowie was an incredible singer, and Fantastic Voyage might be his most difficult vocal performance, and TR NAILED IT. This performance alone is enough for me, but I hope that it's a glimpse into taking some vocal risks in new NIN or HTDA. Dude can belt.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Rob has made it abundantly clear that he moved on from the NIN camp after the 2014 tour. He moved to Seattle and has been open about the fact he doesn't keep in touch with them with any regularity. Maaaaaybe they tap him to do cover art for a new album as a nice nod to his past involvement, but he certainly does not consider himself part of the band anymore, and I highly doubt Trent and co. consider his involvement as a necessity for the band to move forward.

But anyway, to everyone's point, these songs are not credited to NIN or HTDA and therefore are not NIN or HTDA.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Whoever suggested a 7" with both covers has the right idea. Get on that NIN team!
    This! Please!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Come on now. The shades, the curtain, the fact that Trent and Mariqueen are in character... Fashion is clearly being performed by The Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Sounds like Rob is about as welcome in the NIN camp these days as much as Richard Patrick. If HTDA decided to reform, I am sure Trent could find someone else to
    "play light". But I am totally down for a new HTDA with Trent taking over lead vocals and Mariqueen shifting to background vocals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Sounds like Rob is about as welcome in the NIN camp these days as much as Richard Patrick. If HTDA decided to reform, I am sure Trent could find someone else to
    "play light". But I am totally down for a new HTDA with Trent taking over lead vocals and Mariqueen shifting to background vocals.
    I didn’t get the impression there was any bad blood between TR and Rob? Did I miss something? At the same time, Rob’s artwork and video never worked for me the same as Russell Mills/David Carson etc. That was the real NIN look, for me at least. Not taking anything away from Rob’s live work - which was exemplary.

Sad these videos have been taken off, hoping we get some kind of official video release for these - my favourite TR related video/sound outside of the score stuff in a long time!!
    Last edited by Lastentrance; 01-14-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

A BOWIE Celebration - Concert Stream $25 - Jan. 8

i’ve seen them like each other’s tweets on twitter. i’m sure they’re fine.

personally i’d love to see more covers from the three of them. seems like they had fun with these bowie songs. i bet a lockdown cover album would be a blast.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, if you listen to any podcasts where Rob has appeared or read social media posts about his time with the NIN camp, it's pretty clear that there was no falling out.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I know Rob was going to go to the RnR HoF inauguration (as a guest/attendee) back when it was still planned as an in person event. I'm pretty sure they're good.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    friendly reminder, the topic is the bowie tribute. LA LA LA LA

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    friendly reminder, the topic is the bowie tribute. LA LA LA LA
    I labeled the artist performing "Space Oddity" as Billy Corgan, not William.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Come on now. The shades, the curtain, the fact that Trent and Mariqueen are in character... Fashion is clearly being performed by The Nine Inch Nails.
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post

You asked for it...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That still made me think "was Josh Homme in Twin Peaks?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Let's get Mike Garson onboard for the next NIN record. His brand of jazzy, whimsical piano is just *chef's kiss* when combined with Trent and Atticus' atmospherics. Would also be a great excuse to have Trent sing in his lower register again. He sounds like a champion there, you'd think he'd have milked that for his entire career and yet he's kept it a secret until now. Naughty, naughty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yes! Fashion officially released!

My favourite NIN related content in so long ❤️

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I hope they post Fantastic Voyage.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Oh, wow! It's a new cut with visuals of Bowie's band!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's a different cut of the footage from the original broadcast. This cut actually features the Bowie Alumni band. The aspect ratio has been changed and two new screen set-ups/glitch effects have been added. One being reminiscent of a surveillance panel and another wide shot with a stack of TVs in front of the giant screen panel. Full audio and visual credits are given in the video notes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post
    It's a different cut of the footage from the original broadcast. This cut actually features the Bowie Alumni band. The aspect ratio has been changed and two new screen set-ups/glitch effects have been added. One being reminiscent of a surveillance panel and another wide shot with a stack of TVs in front of the giant screen panel. Full audio and visual credits are given in the video notes.
    Good to see full credits. Wondered who was behind the video, looks like it was some of the people who did that Hesitation Marks doc a few years back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is there a mp3 or download of Fashion or do I have to do the YouTube audio rip online to get the song?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Is there a mp3 or download of Fashion or do I have to do the YouTube audio rip online to get the song?
    I think some people were trying to cap the audio straight from the stream but I'm not sure how successful that was. I ripped from YouTube and it is perfectly listenable.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone know how many people were logged in streaming it that night?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Anyone know how many people were logged in streaming it that night?
    I want to know this too. With the wide array of guests, I feel like the numbers should have been pretty decent. I know they were donating a portion of the ticket sales to a charity that Bowie really cared about so I hope they pulled in good numbers!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Who's got the best quality audio rips of the two tracks? PMs welcome!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Who's got the best quality audio rips of the two tracks? PMs welcome!
    The rip I have contains lossy AAC audio, dunno how to split it without transcoding... but I'll see if I can pad it out to 16bit FLAC without losing any quality.