Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: A BOWIE Celebration - Concert Stream $25 - Jan. 8

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    + fucking 10 on how amazing TR's vox were. I also wanna give Mariqueen props, her backing vox were great on this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    + fucking 10 on how amazing TR's vox were. I also wanna give Mariqueen props, her backing vox were great on this.
    Yes! Absolutely.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i can't describe how much i love both of these. mariqueen's vox on fashion have me craving more HTDA. i love seeing the sides of trent we don't usually get to see when he performs covers. thank you to the uploader.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The best thing about this? I’ve started listening to Bowie for the first time since he passed. God, I forgot how much better it can make me feel. I’ve needed this and didn’t realize it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Let's all appreciate that we were all here for Trent's transition into every musician's inevitable stool-and-microphone phase.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

A BOWIE Celebration - Concert Stream $25 - Jan. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    i just watched it for the zillionth time and my words to my husband were “she’s impossibly cool in this video”.

my 6 year old daughter loves fashion as well. she’s been saying “beep beep” a bunch today. when i put it on, she’s dances around all crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    i can't describe how much i love both of these. mariqueen's vox on fashion have me craving more HTDA. i love seeing the sides of trent we don't usually get to see when he performs covers. thank you to the uploader.
    I agree with this and I’ll go a step further...gimme an avant-pop new wave HTDA album. This rules.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Two very different, extremely great covers that do a beautiful job illustrating what a wide net Bowie's music cast. Fantastic Voyage was an excellent, not-super-obvious choice from an album that has always seemed the most overlooked of the Berlin three, Mike's playing was masterful naturally, and as basically everyone else has noted, Trent's vocals are incredible. Chill-inducing raw emotion and delivery. And then we have Fashion, a more straightforward take, hitting all the right completely opposite notes - so mischievously peppy and seductive. You have to love how much fun he and Mariqueen are clearly having.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i just watched it for the zillionth time and my words to my husband were “she’s impossibly cool in this video”.
    True that, her vocals were terrific and she spends the whole video looking so confidently badass.

Thanks to the uploader, and for Mike and all the performers/collaborators who made this happen.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Let's all appreciate that we were all here for Trent's transition into every musician's inevitable stool-and-microphone phase.
    To be fair, I think quite a few of us are at that stage as well....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Is the audio available on it's own somewhere yet? I enjoyed the livestream, would like to be able to listen again at my leisure but i just don't have the right way to record the audio anymore.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Although now I constantly have this stuck in my head...

Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage
    Slide slide slippity-slide
    I'm hittin' switches on the block in a '65
    Same. LOL.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I tagged Fantastic Voyage as NIN with Garson and Fashion as HTDA with Garson.
    Fashion is just so HTDA, with the glitch art video, MQ vocals and everything.
    Come on now. The shades, the curtain, the fact that Trent and Mariqueen are in character... Fashion is clearly being performed by The Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I was kinda expecting Trent to drop the mic when he extended his hand out while singing the last note. BAMMMMM!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Come on now. The shades, the curtain, the fact that Trent and Mariqueen are in character... Fashion is clearly being performed by The Nine Inch Nails.
    Alternatively... Trent doing a cover of 80s pop hit = Option 30

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't stop thinking about these performances. Fantastic Voyage was stunning. Trent's always had a powerful voice, but to hear him rouse such emotion without screaming, holy shit. Definitely one of the best vocal performances of his career. When he hit that one note, it gave me chills. Listening to him sing, I nearly broke out in tears. And at the end I felt so proud of him. Just thinking about where he's been in his career and to know that he can still do such haunting performances like that - just amazing.

I love how Fantastic Voyage was this emotional moment and then Fashion is a funky excuse to dance. Didn't see that coming! It's such a fun performance! Mariqueen's vocals are great and I love Trent's demeanor through the entire thing. Like he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet. It looked like they were having a good time, which is great to see. Just fantastic performances all around. Now I'm convinced he should a Bowie cover album.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    You’re not wrong. They didn’t even show any members of Bowie’s band, with the exception of Mike Garson. It may as well have been HTDA featuring Mike Garson, for all anyone knew..
    they didn't show trent playing guitar either, did they? but they showed credits at the end, which showed that it was clearly bowie's alumni backing band members playing all the other instruments.

i know you guys want more HDTA more than anything, but give credit where it's due, please.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The lyrics of “Fantastic Voyage” made the song a really good selection right now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I can't stop thinking about these performances. Fantastic Voyage was stunning. Trent's always had a powerful voice, but to hear him rouse such emotion without screaming, holy shit. Definitely one of the best vocal performances of his career. When he hit that one note, it gave me chills. Listening to him sing, I nearly broke out in tears. And at the end I felt so proud of him. Just thinking about where he's been in his career and to know that he can still do such haunting performances like that - just amazing.

I love how Fantastic Voyage was this emotional moment and then Fashion is a funky excuse to dance. Didn't see that coming! It's such a fun performance! Mariqueen's vocals are great and I love Trent's demeanor through the entire thing. Like he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet. It looked like they were having a good time, which is great to see. Just fantastic performances all around. Now I'm convinced he should a Bowie cover album.
    your post reminded me of that great interview of Bowie and Trent before the Outside tour where Bowie compared Trents voice to a hurricane! It was a really fun light hearted interview

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Alternatively... Trent doing a cover of 80s pop hit = Option 30
    Surely someone somewhere must have more of these performances filmed?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    your post reminded me of that great interview of Bowie and Trent before the Outside tour where Bowie compared Trents voice to a hurricane! It was a really fun light hearted interview

I love this interview! It's such a fun chat between these two icons. And Bowie is right. Trent has such a powerful voice, which is funny that he's so softspoken and somewhat shy in interviews.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It was great to hear Trent doing "Fashion", since i remember he once mentioned that "Scary Monsters..." was the first Bowie album he ever got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Trent's vocals on Fantastic Voyage are stellar. We've all known what an amazing singer Trent is but this really showcased that & hopefully exposed it to people who weren't necessarily NIN fans.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian.Moreno View Post
    thank you!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    they didn't show trent playing guitar either, did they? but they showed credits at the end, which showed that it was clearly bowie's alumni backing band members playing all the other instruments.

i know you guys want more HDTA more than anything, but give credit where it's due, please.
    I actually could have done without Mariqueen at all. Her vocals were nothing special to me..

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Trent picked a HARD song to sing, with Fantastic Voyage. I didn't LOVE the performance, but, the effort was quite meaningful.

Fashion, though: they KILLED that one. And, that was HTDA, more or less. Now. I only saw the NIN portion as of now, BUT, those TVs reminded me of an HTDA aesthetic.

Were they there for everyone?

If not, they might be in an HTDA frame of mind right now.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    download wants a password and keyfile. anyone seen this? got damn it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    No Rob, No HTDA, unless and until the official camp say otherwise.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    No Rob, No HTDA, unless and until the official camp say otherwise.
    To be fair, Rob wasn't a member on s/t EP. He only became one on An Omen/WO era