Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2095

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Well, all the big sites are reporting it now. After all these years I’m wondering what possible betrayal could be happening at this stage of their career and at their ages? And suddenly now, after being initiated into the RRHOF? COVID cabin fever manifesting in anger?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Well, all the big sites are reporting it now. After all these years I’m wondering what possible betrayal could be happening at this stage of their career and at their ages? And suddenly now, after being initiated into the RRHOF? COVID cabin fever manifesting in anger?
    They're all reporting on the Facebook post though, with still no acknowledgement or statement from the band. Maybe Robert's been spending all weekend trying to see if his number for Steve Severin is still current ha

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Imagine RS plays bass and someone else takes over his guitar parts, lol.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I think Eden is a nonstarter from a personal politics view. If the Cure are going to continue as a live band, I think Gail Ann Dorsey would be a fabulous choice to replace Simon. I thought about Peter Hook but I think he'd butt heads with Robert. Gail Ann is an excellent musician & thrived playing in Bowie's band for a real long time. + she has good history with Reeves Gabrels. All this is if the Cure continues....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Melissa Auf der Maur or Gordon Moakes would also be great choices, and maybe not Peter Hook but certainly his son Jack Bates would kill it. I'm still thinking this is gonna blow over. 3K+ comments on facebook though; if it's a swift response that Simon wanted, he sure got it.

LOL at this wikipedia edit

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Peter Hook or Carlos from Interpol would be the only suitable replacements. Carlos can pull that bass sound off and obviously Peter Hook in The Cure would be insane and brilliant

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Let the band/celeb reactions commence.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Apparently, Simon deleted the facebook post. No idea what that means.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Apparently he also deleted his Twitter? Or is that old news?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    per chain of flowers on twitter regarding a new magazine article:
    Robert says the upcoming WMS Deluxe Edition will include 7 never before heard tracks from those sessions, and possibly a second disc of different mixes of the songs and a revised running order.

30th anniversary Wish deluxe edition due out next year

New Cure album this year

As for me, not holding my breath for any of it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    per chain of flowers on twitter regarding a new magazine article:
    Robert says the upcoming WMS Deluxe Edition will include 7 never before heard tracks from those sessions, and possibly a second disc of different mixes of the songs and a revised running order.

30th anniversary Wish deluxe edition due out next year

New Cure album this year

As for me, not holding my breath for any of it.
    Robert: blah blah blah blah blah

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Carlos D is a notorious prick. would be a bummer if he was playing bass in the cure...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Did anyone order that WMS magazine? Would really appreciate scans of the article to read.

Some comments I’ve read: Robert thought “Bare” should be shorter (I disagree), thinks Club America and R&R&R are crap songs. Apparently Boris drummed on some of the tracks early on.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Could it be…?

>>

Replying to @CraigatCoF

Hi Craig, on RTL2 music radio in France an radio host said The album is annouced for 08/10 ! Apparently they have informations directly from major. Could it be true ?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I didn’t realise RS did this again like 2 weeks ago.

…with Peter Hook there too?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Anyone got scans of the WMS DEK magazine?

It’s available on eBay UK but would be around $70 shipped to order it for me, and I can’t justify that. Really want to read it!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Huh. All About Eve covered "Apart", and it was included on their comp "Iceland" but only the digital edition. https://www.discogs.com/All-About-Ev...elease/6989385

Seems available in the US via 7digital but not the UK store https://us.7digital.com/artist/all-a...elease/iceland

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Not much to add, but according to a totally rando Reddit post that I read:

"Craig from CoF usually has some ‘inside info’ on stuff and has said recently that things are apparently gonna be ok. Also the deleted fb post is a good sign I guess."

CoF is Chain of Flowers, a very, very long-running fan-site....Dunno if there's any extra context aside from Simon deleting the post, but my fingers are crossed.

I've been on a huge Cure kick lately....due probably in no small part to the fact that I turn 39 in under a month - needless to say, Bloodflowers is really hitting home right now.

Tried going through 4:13 Dream and all the associated b-sides and, yeah...at some point I just started tuning out, despite not wanting to. With the exception of Underneath The Stars, Hungry Ghost and Sleep When I'm Dead, nothing really stuck with me. The album just didn't have the songs, and whatever else one may think about post-Disintegration - or even Wish - albums, I feel like nobody can really deny that every album has at least a handful of bangers. 4:13 really felt like they were running out of gas - the production doesn't do it any favors either, most of those '13' mixes were vastly better. I wouldn't be surprised if - in a hypothetical scenario where Robert DOES dump a bunch of stuff out at once, the whole album the gets remix treatment.

I'll still go to bat for the self-titled album and its B-Sides any day of the week though:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So, related....for our fifth anniversary, my SO got us a matching set of rings with "I will Always Love You" engraved.

Yesterday, I sang and adequately played Lovesong on an unplugged electric in a nice lakeside park before proposing; we're engaged now.

Never thought I'd ever have a "couples" song, but there it is - us and a million other couples, to be sure.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    congrats!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    How long has it been now since Robert said he’d be ready to make an announcement in “about six weeks”?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How long has it been now since Robert said he’d be ready to make an announcement in “about six weeks”?
    We should get a petition going to Dr. Pepper and have them do a promo of a free Dr. Pepper if Robert Smith releases the new Cure album before end of year.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Beginning of June. My, how time flies when you're busy not making announcements...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So uhh, it looks like Simon is still in the band? Not complaining but it’s definitely surprising.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Anyone got scans of the WMS DEK magazine?

It’s available on eBay UK but would be around $70 shipped to order it for me, and I can’t justify that. Really want to read it!
    I just stumbled across a copy on a newsstand by surprise, so I bought it... didn't realise it was £12 until I got to the till (fuck!) Anyway, I *might* get around to scanning it or photoing it sometime next week.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I just stumbled across a copy on a newsstand by surprise, so I bought it... didn't realise it was £12 until I got to the till (fuck!) Anyway, I *might* get around to scanning it or photoing it sometime next week.
    That would be AWESOME! If it’s too much trouble to scan, just photos taken so the text is legible would be great too.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    …is that 4:14 Scream cover in the upper right corner fan made or am I missing something?

https://gansbedding.com/p/the-cure-b...RoC5q4QAvD_BwE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    considering it's a fan made blanket I wouldn't look too deeply into it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    There's also an REM album on the bottom row...