Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder when this will appear on Spotify? I wanted to listen to it first before I bought it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'

I am really wondering what the fuck is up with the Still cover art that came with the FLACs. I ordered a vinyl and a physical object copy and went with WAV and FLAC so I have no idea about the MP3 cover art sadly but I am so baffled by this whole thing. It feels like The Fragile fucked With Teeth.

EDIT: Woah god I spoke too soon what the hell is Idea of You, this is the NIN I've been craving for years
    Right? When I saw the black and white cover that copied Still's design, I figured "Oh it's rushed, so he just went with a kinda generic update of an older design," but redoing the EXACT cover of Still is just fucking baffling.

Also yes, "The Idea of You" is definitely my favorite after three listens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Don't know if the guy's ever sounded so...sinister. Modulation aside it feels like he's channelling sheer threat. A very loud, angry, percussive work for sure.
    Definite Cohen/Waits vibes. There's an urgency to his vocals.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    People were complaining that Atticus took heavy from NIN. He becomes a member and we have actual industrial metal again.
    I'll take ten more Atticuses please

Also, how come the FLAC download didn't come with a booklet? Apparently lyrics were included with other formats? Really want to know what this man is yelling at me about

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Second listen, and I am absolutely loving this. She's Gone Away and The Idea of You are both amazing. I'd say it's the most abrasive Trent has been since Broken or TDS, but even those works had moments that were more melodic than most of this. Did not expect this, but it makes for one hell of a Christmas present.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I wonder when this will appear on Spotify? I wanted to listen to it first before I bought it.
    TR was quoted as saying these wouldn't appear on any digital streaming format when talking about the remasters. For $12, I think its worth the risk of just buying the EP and enjoying the tracks now rather than waiting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Little help? Normally I'd buy a CD and be done with it, but there's no option for that, and I know next to nothing about all these digital formats. Could someone tell be which format I should select when ordering?

In the end I want a high quality format that I can burn to a disc, and then be able to rip from the disc later. Currently I use WMP for pretty much all my music stuff. I'd prefer the easiest possible way of doing this, and I'm hoping not to have to download/purchase additional programs.

Thanks in advance for helpful replies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    TR was quoted as saying these wouldn't appear on any digital streaming format when talking about the remasters. For $12, I think its worth the risk of just buying the EP and enjoying the tracks now rather than waiting.
    NTAE on the store has links to Apple music and spotify, they're greyed out right now, but they are there. Probably will hit those platforms Friday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    HUZZAH! It finally came! So did I!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    On my second listen... Tracks 1 and 2 are better than I remembered! This is growing on me nicely. Wasn't sure what to think at first, but this is good!

(That fact that I am listening to this at 1:10am and he says "Yes, everyone seems to be asleep" is just too funny... They literally are all asleep. Except us nut-ball NIN fans that stayed up for this. (This isn't staying up for me though. My normal bedtime is around 3am, so this is nothing unusual to me))
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-22-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Best opening track for an album since The Fragile. Wow.

Already on my 2nd play for the EP. Like wow! Please continue in this direction, TR/AR!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Curious, are the lyrics embedded in the wav or FLAC files? I'm a crazy person and ordered mp3's, and the files have the artwork and lyrics embedded in them.

Also, my god, this EP is amazing. It is about as inaccessible to listen to, without context or mood, as anything I could have imagined coming from NIN. BIG. NOISEY. Glorious.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I have a weird issue: pre ordered the album twice on 2 different orders, only got one email and it was for MP3, no booklet. So I seem to have merged the FLAC/MP3 orders, can anyone hmu with the booklet?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionysus74 View Post
    Little help? Normally I'd buy a CD and be done with it, but there's no option for that, and I know next to nothing about all these digital formats. Could someone tell be which format I should select when ordering?

In the end I want a high quality format that I can burn to a disc, and then be able to rip from the disc later. Currently I use WMP for pretty much all my music stuff. I'd prefer the easiest possible way of doing this, and I'm hoping not to have to download/purchase additional programs.

Thanks in advance for helpful replies.
    If you use WMP and want a minimum of hassle, go for WAV. If you don't mind installing a third-party plugin for it (should take a minute or so), go with FLAC.

Both are lossless formats, but FLAC is slightly more compact (think of it as a zipped audio file, basically), and is being handled by more and more players out there, hardware and software alike. It also supports tagging, if you like to organise your music, so it's less of a "raw" audio format than WAV is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    still haven't received anything

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    Curious, are the lyrics embedded in the wav or FLAC files? I'm a crazy person and ordered mp3's, and the files have the artwork and lyrics embedded in them.

Also, my god, this EP is amazing. It is about as inaccessible to listen to, without context or mood, as anything I could have imagined coming from NIN. BIG. NOISEY. Glorious.
    No lyrics embedded in FLAC afaic, would you mind sharing them here?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    It's like The Way Out Is Through is in the background of Burning Fire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone still struggling to get their download link?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have a weird issue: pre ordered the album twice on 2 different orders, only got one email and it was for MP3, no booklet. So I seem to have merged the FLAC/MP3 orders, can anyone hmu with the booklet?
    There's a booklet? Both my FLAC and mp3 orders have none! No lyrics either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks like the UK store has started working, just got the surprise email

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    No lyrics embedded in FLAC afaic, would you mind sharing them here?
    Mods, if this is a breach of etiquette, please do what you must. =)

I'm leaving the formatting as it is in the files. So I apologize for the blocks of text and random spaces, but I blame TR.

Branches/Bones
    still can make out pieces with the opening sewed shut yeah parts of me are slowing down and time is speeding up spiders crawling everywhere infected Japanese you can tell all your friends you’re just a tourist but you can’t understand what they’ve planned until you try to leave feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before well i don't know anymore and i don't care anymore feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before feels like i've been here before cold and black and infinite with nothing left to lose glassy bending flexible if you try to keep the flies away the makeup hides the bruise why are you here right now? i don't think you're supposed to be reading this her branches are the bones that break become a perfect line and no he won’t be just a man who’s Sometimes

he won't be just a man who's Sometimes

feels like i've been here before well i don't know anymore and i don't care anymore
    i think i recognize
    yes i have been here before yes i have been here before yes i have been here before yes i have been here before yeah i don't care anymore yeah don’t give a fuck anymore and i don't care anymore one way or another but the way things have a way finding order almost everything of you yes i have been here before yes i guess thought i was my proven false in false in one all of you but the way actual events a way of finding mattered what i thought of finding order almost of you i guess have a way of comfort in the past events but the way like I’ve been here the past not the but the way i of myself has proven before allowing myself to almost everything i thought events but the way sense of comfort in what i thought i have a way of actual events but the mattered what i thought the actual events but the actual events but been here before allowing of myself has proven in one way guess things have a of finding order almost my definition of myself you all of you myself to feel a feel a sense of thought i was my thought mattered what i have proven false to remember them and comfort in the past and you all of way of finding order you i guess things all of you i of myself has proven of myself has proven the way i choose in one way or i guess things have order almost everything i myself to feel a not the actual events in the past not remember them and you feels like I’ve been you i guess things i thought mattered what here before allowing myself way i choose to of finding order almost of finding order almost or another and you all of before allowing myself to allowing myself to feel way of finding order of myself has proven my definition of myself please go away from here please all of you i past not the actual like I’ve been here in one way or myself has proven false guess things have please go please please please yes i have been here before yes i have been here b

Dear World

yes, everyone seems to be asleep

hey look, you didn't even notice
    you couldn't eventell
    just when it started happ
    ening maybe just as well
    afterall everything is gettingunfamiliarnow
    trajectory in decline
    and webecome obsolete
    a frame ata time

i'm locked inside here
    i have to stay
    with people who aren't here
    all the way
    pictures and faces
    on display
    people who aren't here
    all the way

“you come when i call you”

IT is coming
    And you didn't
    even notice
    You didn't even
    notice
    You didn't even
    notice
    You didn't even
    notice
    You
    didn't even notice
    You didn't even notice
    You
    didn't
    even
    notice
    You didn't
    even
    notice
    You didn't
    even notice
    You were missing

(left channel)
    dear world, i can hardly recognize
    you anymore
    and yet i remain certain
    thereis an answerin you
    i feel like i have lived solong sometimes
    run out of things to try to do
    i can't concentrate mywayout
    what about..?

(right channel)
    I am leaving because I can’t recognize who i have been
    You go on spoiling
    Hey look it's happening
    without me you didn't even notice
    Of course it’s been happening all along
    permanent intervals As you become obsolete whoareyou?
    oh this place...
    i can’t concentrate
    Ibegin to gothrough another of that we havebeen.
    (I have been entirely patient
    but i know i can't trust myself with this again)
    nono
    not this time

i'm locked inside here i have to staywith people who aren't here
    all the way
    pictures and faces
    on display
    people who aren't here
    all the way

yes, everyone seems to be asleep

She's Gone Away

you dig in places til your fingers bleed
    spread the infection where you spill your seed
    i can't remember what she came here for
    i can't remember much of anything anymore

she's gone she's gone she's gone away

a little mouth opened up inside
    yeah i was watching on the day she died
    we keep licking while the skin turns black
    cut along the length (but you can't get the feeling back)

she's gone she's gone she's gone away

are you still here?

The Idea of You

maybe that was somebody else
    maybe i was somebody else
    I am sorry (for what it’s worth) if that means anything anymore. I think there’s something just wrong with me
    i have been wondering
    when did you know? you know, really know?
    no no no no no i don’t think that’s going to happen here
    you missed all that on the way out
    and remember
    i don’t want to remember anymore
    maybe i was somebody else?
    just go back to the idea of me
    go back to the idea of me

none of this is happening

WAIT
    WAKE
    BREATHE
    BELIEVE
    HEY
    YOU TELL YOURSELF

oh and
    If I start to tell you anything please don’t pay attention. That’s not really me in there. I would never do that.
    just go back to the idea of me
    go back to that idea
    can you even hear me over here?
    can’t you feel it happening?
    everything absorbing liquid twitching forming something terrible
    the sores are gone
    and you can hardly tell now but
    that was someone else who isn’t here anymore

none of this is happening

hey,
    can you hear?
    it gets so lonely in here

Burning Bright (Field on Fire)

i’m going back
    of course i am
    as if i ever had a choice
    back to what i always knew i was
    on the inside
    back to what i really am
    look at this pathetic place i made
    with little bits of sticks and hair and anything i found along the way
    and tell yourself you know
    you’re not really what you know you are
    you know?
    of course you do
    i think i may have even listened to you i think i may have even listened to you
    at the height of my demise

break through the surface and breathe

i am forgiven
    i am free
    i am a field on fire
    i am forgiven
    i am free
    i am a field on fire

and oh my god i have missed you
    it has been so long
    i am stronger than i have ever been in my decline
    for now i know i know for certain
    shedding any
    burn motherfucker
    carry the carcass and throw it on
    pull up a chair and watch
    the flies come roaring out
    and will surround the entire world
    and blacken out the skies and every last one of you
    like a plague of locusts
    like an exit
    like an end
    like the end

i am forgiven
    i am free
    i am a field on fire
    i am forgiven
    i am free
    i am a field on fire

it's getting hard to know which side is the dream
    i can't tell if i am dreaming anymore

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    All of these songs are total winners. I'm dying to listen to this again and again and again and again until every single note is burned into my brain. This is the noisy, spacey, aggressive and brooding NIN I've always loved and have been desperate for more of these days.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Same here please, the WAV version had nothing except audio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I still don't understand why I wasn't charged shipping for my physical component order - all the way to Australia. Feels too good to be true.

Same here

Free Shipping was the default option and I was all over it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What artwork is embedded in the MP3 files? Does each song have something unique? Thanks for posting the lyrics, going to listen again with these now!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    All of these songs are total winners. I'm dying to listen to this again and again and again and again until every single note is burned into my brain. This is the noisy, spacey, aggressive and brooding NIN I've always loved and have been desperate for more of these days.
    Agreed, mofo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    TR was quoted as saying these wouldn't appear on any digital streaming format when talking about the remasters.
    We're not talking about the remasters, we're talking about a new release. I could have sworn when this was announced, it said the EP would be available on release on all digital streaming services on release day. Can't find that info anymore, only "WILL BE AVAILABLE ON ALL DIGITAL PLATFORMS 12/23." I guess I misread that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones - Quick punch to the face. Closest thing to a single on here. Has a standard drum loop, but then a great standard bass guitar bass line. Trent's vocals are stretched in a way i've never heard. Bananas vocal delivery. NOT A SIMPLE INTRO...AN ACTUAL SONG.

Dear World, - the closest thing to the repetitive drum loop NIN sound of the last few years. But much more going on around the loop (and the loop has some balls unlike most of the crap Atticus was pumping out). Extremely layered sound. Alot going on here...drony synths going on all around you, flanging left & right. Bleeps & bloops. Filtered, deep voice spoken word vocals are buried a bit, also in stereo. Straightforward Trent singing , not angry. ends with a robot computer voice saying "Yes, Everyone Seems To Be Asleep", which is fitting considering I'm fucking listening to this at 4:15am.

She's Gone Away - Percussive slow dirge. Drony sounds & wailing vocals around a percussive beat and heavy, slow bassline. Snare hits hard. Trent ripping out some really tearing, pained vocals on the second "verse". Chorus is "SHE'S GONE...SHE'S GONE...SHE'S GONE AWAY' in a deep, subdued doubled vocal. Then he yells & moans heavily. Some cool quick Closer/That's What I Get synth stabs at the end.

The Idea of You - Other song that could maybe be a "single" on here...but not really. Not a verse/chorus/verse song, but close. HEAVY guitars and live sounding drums (but you can they're not live except maybe on the chorus part & breakdown)!!! Whispered spoken word vocals to open like the ones in Closer & would be considered the "verses". Fast song. Yelled vocals on the chorus. Really cool bridge/breakdown with some extremely obtuse electronic sounds and heavy metal style drums. I would say a blend of Broken style NIN & With Teeth style. Tell tale NIN synthy, traily chords & vocals towards the end.

Burning Bright (Field on Fire) - Woah. Kinda like 10 Miles High off The Fragile? Slow, dirging beats with tons of drony sounds swirling around Trent's extremely filtered, buried in the mix vocals. Vocals are basically spoken word except for during the chorus. Fragile-esque music break 3:37 then the beat kicks right back in, and Fragile-esque guitar plucking in parts as well. Noisy, Mr. Self-Destruct style outro.

Not a political album from what I can tell, despite the way his messages a few days ago seems to indicate. I love it. It's great and nothing like Hesitation Marks. Def. not an easy listen if you're not a NIN buff already. This is a B+ at the least.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-22-2016 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what is the quickest way to get this digitally?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    yes i have been here before yes i have been here before yes i have been here before yes i have been here before yeah i don't care anymore yeah don’t give a fuck anymore and i don't care anymore one way or another but the way things have a way finding order almost everything of you yes i have been here before yes i guess thought i was my proven false in false in one all of you but the way actual events a way of finding mattered what i thought of finding order almost of you i guess have a way of comfort in the past events but the way like I’ve been here the past not the but the way i of myself has proven before allowing myself to almost everything i thought events but the way sense of comfort in what i thought i have a way of actual events but the mattered what i thought the actual events but the actual events but been here before allowing of myself has proven in one way guess things have a of finding order almost my definition of myself you all of you myself to feel a feel a sense of thought i was my thought mattered what i have proven false to remember them and comfort in the past and you all of way of finding order you i guess things all of you i of myself has proven of myself has proven the way i choose in one way or i guess things have order almost everything i myself to feel a not the actual events in the past not remember them and you feels like I’ve been you i guess things i thought mattered what here before allowing myself way i choose to of finding order almost of finding order almost or another and you all of before allowing myself to allowing myself to feel way of finding order of myself has proven my definition of myself please go away from here please all of you i past not the actual like I’ve been here in one way or myself has proven false guess things have please go please please please yes i have been here before yes i have been here b
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... most of this shit makes no sense right? And all of these lyrics aren't even in the actual song.