Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Yeah, it's a huge bummer.

I have read some speculation that Carrey is bluffing in order to get more money out of WB. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's all it is and the movie will still happen. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watching that TMZ clip depressed the shit out of me... for multiple reasons.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3728502.story

David Lynch still doesn't have any ideas for a film...
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 06-22-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is there an online petition to show support for Dumb and Dumber 2? We're too close for it to just be dead in the water so quickly.

In other news, much like Machete, Machete Kills seems to be compiling an absolutely absurd cast that includes Charlie Sheen as the President of the United States, and Mel Gibson as a drug lord, not to mention unspecified roles for Zoe Saldana and Edward James Olmos. Good lord.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Clint Mansell replaces Philip Glass for Park Chan Wook's English language debut Stoker.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/06...-wooks-stoker/

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    Clint Mansell replaces Philip Glass for Park Chan Wook's English language debut Stoker.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/06...-wooks-stoker/

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit...
    Indeed!!!!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Remember that news story that came out awhile back about these people posing as cops who called a fast food place and had the manager strip search one of the employees? Really scary how people can be manipulated.

Well, they made a movie inspired by that story, and I have to say, it looks like it might be really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

I wouldn't say he explicitly had an idea for Inland Empire, either. Didn't he film that fucker without a script? Just random ideas that he got during the process and assembled them together into a non-narrative is how I thought that went. Oh wait, he did the idea for the plot of "a woman in trouble," which is about as vague as you can possible get.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Awesome!

Ten characters.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Double posting this because it's pretty big news for us nerds.

Michael Fassbender cast as the lead in 'Assassin's Creed'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Remember that news story that came out awhile back about these people posing as cops who called a fast food place and had the manager strip search one of the employees? Really scary how people can be manipulated.

Well, they made a movie inspired by that story, and I have to say, it looks like it might be really good.
    Weird. Law and Order SVU touched on this in the one episode Robin Williams starred in, but it was only a small portion of the entire story. Great episode though definitely check it out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

I can certainly be down with this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Wow. Wow. Wow. What. What. What.

I don't know how to feel about that. He doesn't exactly match the visage of Desmond or Altair OR (and most of all) Ezio. Great actor though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe to not rehash the same story they're gonna do something different but similar. I'm cool with this as long as Ubisoft is able to maintain creative control.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Twin Peaks 2, there...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yes YES YESSSS!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Wow. Wow. Wow. What. What. What.

I don't know how to feel about that. He doesn't exactly match the visage of Desmond or Altair OR (and most of all) Ezio. Great actor though.
    I'm not entirely sure if they're gonna stick with any of the known characters. I mean, they very well could, and it would make sense, I guess, but I could see them coming up with a new chapter in the AC universe with a new character and all. I've got faith in this project so far, and Ubisoft hasn't let us down yet as far as the AC franchise goes, so I think they could probably go either way and come up with something great.

And I interpret "iconic hooded hero" a little differently. AC has had two iconic heroes as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure Connor will turn out the same way. :P "Iconic hooded hero" could mean Altair or Ezio, or it could be whatever new ancestor they want to fill the role next.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-13-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    I wouldn't say he explicitly had an idea for Inland Empire, either. Didn't he film that fucker without a script? Just random ideas that he got during the process and assembled them together into a non-narrative is how I thought that went. Oh wait, he did the idea for the plot of "a woman in trouble," which is about as vague as you can possible get.
    The problem with this description is the way you use the term "random" - Lynch got an idea for the movie which through the creative process created more ideas which were inherent in and relevant to the original idea.

And you know when it comes right down to it THAT IS HOW EVERYTHING IS CREATED. It doesn't make the creation any less worthwhile if it is created on a page being honed down and then filmed or if it is created on film and then honed down into a movie. This is also part of the point Lynch made while making INLAND EMPIRE - due to the expense and technical nature of working with film it has always been required to hone a film down on paper before it is made. Now that digital makes the film making process easy and inexpensive he can have the idea and then run with it on film making a movie that way instead.
    Last edited by Lutz; 07-13-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Yes YES YESSSS!!!
    it's about time, i saw Hot Fuzz again last week and i was wondering about the "final Cornetto"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Thomas Jane and Phil Joanou put together a Punisher short and showed it at Comic-Con this weekend.

It's far from perfect but a better visual tone than the 2004 film. I think they (and Jane in particular, who has a genuine fondness for the character) are sending a message to Marvel that maybe this is a character worth revisiting.

The use of The Dark Knight music takes away from it a little. Not to play favorites, but "Great Bird Of Prey" would have made a better choice.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    That was pretty cool, but Thomas Jane will always be Homeless Dad to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy. Shit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What I always thought would be perfect, given my limited knowledge of the character and the comic books in general, is set the origin story from the 2004 film in a fictional late 1970's NYC. Finally comes home from Vietnam after too long a tour, to find his family dead at the hands of the mobbed-up mayor, and go from there. And really just make it as anti-glamorous as possible. Action sequences in small rooms, delve into the seedier side of that time in NYC (coked-up disco lounges, dark ghettos, rough S&M clubs), make a pretty clear distinction that he's now fighting an uglier war at home with more personal consequences.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-16-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's better than that terrible sequel...
    And the 2004 version certainly had its flaws (the death of his family on the pier is almost shot for shot the death of Mel Gibson's family in Mad Max, John Travolta). Quite frankly, they should have stuck closer to the source material, "Welcome Back, Frank" was a fantastic reboot for the character after that ridiculous "Heaven's hired gun" mess. Nevertheless, Jane himself made a damn good Punisher.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Twin Peaks 2, there...
    Everyone is too old/dead. I think the only way we will ever get a sequel is if it's to a remake, which won't happen because I will destroy whoever tries to remake it with my mind.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 07-16-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Everyone's is too old/dead. I think the only way we will ever get a sequel is if it's to a remake, which won't happen because I will destroy whoever tries to remake it with my mind.
    I was joking, Twin Peaks should be laid to rest the series is perfect and it's an awesome product of his days "updating" or even "remaking it" would be disastrous.
    But being serious, i guess Lynch can make a movie with similar themes explored in the series before (just like he did with "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Drive"), there's an idea...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I was joking, Twin Peaks should be laid to rest the series is perfect and it's an awesome product of his days "updating" or even "remaking it" would be disastrous.
    But being serious, i guess Lynch can make a movie with similar themes explored in the series before (just like he did with "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Drive"), there's an idea...
    My bad. Some people actually want a sequel, which is why I took it seriously

I think the main reason why Lynch hasn't made anything new is because he's bored of Film. I personally think he should make a videogame, which I think he tried to do at one time, if I remember correctly. That or he should just make Ronnie Rocket. That film should be made damn it!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    My bad. Some people actually want a sequel, which is why I took it seriously

I think the main reason why Lynch hasn't made anything new is because he's bored of Film. I personally think he should make a videogame, which I think he tried to do at one time, if I remember correctly. That or he should just make Ronnie Rocket. That film should be made damn it!
    Still, the music video he made for "Crazy Clow Time" was great!, in the video alone there's tons of movie ideas!, but like you said maybe he's bored of the same topics... maybe he can take someone else's script and "Lynch it", i would like to watch this!