Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    20th anniversary of Corey Taylor's first show with the band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Corey on the new album:

“I have fantastic news. Some of you know, but I’ll just make it official right now: we are working on a new album. It’s only in the demo stages right now, however we have very serious, tentative plans – and I say that because the best way to make God laugh is to announce your plans out loud – to go into the studio at the beginning of next year and get this fucker going.
    We have 16 songs written right now, and they are fucking dangerous. I loved .5 [The Gray Chapter], but this album, to me, makes .5 look like nobody’s business. This is Iowa levels of heavy. And I have to go out and tour this shit at my age – I can feel those songs in my back! I am really, really excited about it, and I talk to the guys in Slipknot all the time. I talk to Clown either every day, or every other day.
    I’ve been talking to Jim, V-man, Jay, Mick, Craig, Chris, Sid. We’re all really, really, really excited about this stuff, and it’s coming together really fucking well. So be prepared for 2019 – which, weirdly, is the 20th anniversary of our first album. Shit’s about to get fucking real again! So take that as you will.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't wait to hear what they have in store. Their last album was awesome.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I can't fucking wait. Saw Stone Sour last month in OKC and they played a pretty heavy set for their standards.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Last album was pretty cool. Had me at Iowa too. Big shoes to fill with that statement.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I think Corey has one of the greatest voices in current rock music for today - the way he can switch between singing to screaming and still sound great.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Slipknot's masks and diehard fans give the band a bad rep. They're (mostly) super-talented musicians who can go from death-metal heavy to pop hooks in the blink of an eye.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, the masks are part of the shebang so I dont see how that holds em back. And every band's fan base gives that respective band a bad rep. Cant hold a band accountable based on people's behaviors.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I didn't say one should. I also didn't say they were being held back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Iowa always gets regarded as their best, I find it pretty one dimensional and a bit tiring after the first few songs. .5 was was leaps and bounds beyond anything theyve ever done, if they can build off that the next album will be a masterpiece.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I think Corey has one of the greatest voices in current rock music for today - the way he can switch between singing to screaming and still sound great.
    The best thing is that his voice has kept over the years. All too often, metal/hardcore vocalists blow out their chords because they scream/growl/shriek wrong (*ahem* Oli Sykes).

He's definitely up there with Sam Carter, Keith Buckley, Rou Reynolds, Jake Luhrs, and Oli Sykes (in the studio anyway...he's awful live).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    Iowa always gets regarded as their best, I find it pretty one dimensional and a bit tiring after the first few songs. .5 was was leaps and bounds beyond anything theyve ever done, if they can build off that the next album will be a masterpiece.
    Iowa and the self titled are my two faves. Then .5. Sarcastrophe is probably in my all time top tracks by them with Skin Ticket (flipped the fuck out when they played it in OKC) and Prosthetics. That being said, I can see how some people would feel that way about Iowa.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really could never get into .5 like I did with their past albums.Vol. 3 will always be my favorite; it has so many chilling and focused qualities to it, followed by a haunting ambiance. There are songs like Prelude, Circle and Danger, Keep Away (One of my favorite tracks they have ever done) that brings me back to a time of good memories. Nostalgia plays a part of course, but I find it my favorite for sure. Iowa and S/T are in the same boat for me, but even AHIG had me more intrigued than their last effort.

Saw them live once around the time Sid was in the wheelchair. Mayhem festival maybe? Pretty dam amazing experience from what I remember. Exciting to hear how far they are already on the new stuff!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Updated. New song out now entitled All out Life. Apparently its really heavy. Haven't listened to it yet since I'm at work
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 10-31-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nothing will put heavy their Iowa record. It’s a heavy song, but not like Iowa heavy. It’s fast though. It’s a slipknot song

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm really excited to hear this song. I totally wasn't expecting it, so it's a nice surprise. I really enjoyed their last album, so I'm excited to hear what they have next.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Nice surprise! Like stated it's not Iowa heavy and not chapter 5 heavy, but it's a good song within their catalogue. Everything you like about Slipknot is there. Very excited for their new record as they really have won me over again with chapter 5 after not caring much about them for a long time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really like it. Production wise it's similar to .5. But still enough new stuff stuff going on so it's not completely the same. Can't wait for the album.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Sounds like it's from their 1999 self titled record. I always found that record their heaviest. Everyone says Iowa is their heaviest/best record, but I think it's Self Titled. Either way, if this is their single... I wonder how the rest of the record will sound. That song was pretty heavy. Didn't really have any "catchy sing-a-long" parts that more recent Slipknot songs have had. Guess that was what they were going for, to throw back to the heavier sound from their first 2 records.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I do know this the only song that is done. I wonder if it will even be on the album. I'm sure there will be some clean vocals on the new record. People clamoring for a return to Iowa always seem to forget there is plenty of melody on the first two albums.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It’s alright. I’m not in love with it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I dig it. Like everyone else is saying though, it checks off everything you need in a Slipknot song. Feels very reminiscent of The Negative One. Not complaining though, it's still pretty damn good. I hope it doesn't take a long ass time to get a new album out. Hopefully this is the very beginning of a new cycle and not just "here's a song so you don't forget about us".

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That new song is a banger alright. I like it a lot!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like it a lot. Heavy, intense, fast - everything that makes a good Slipknot song. Can't wait to hear more!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to Slipknot in awhile...you know, i quite like this new song, it's pretty rad!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I dig it. Like everyone else is saying though, it checks off everything you need in a Slipknot song. Feels very reminiscent of The Negative One. Not complaining though, it's still pretty damn good. I hope it doesn't take a long ass time to get a new album out. Hopefully this is the very beginning of a new cycle and not just "here's a song so you don't forget about us".
    Their tour begins in the summer. I think the album will be out around then. I think they're going to get in the studio to finish it in January.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    great point....that said, i dig it, massive guitars/drums and coreys voice still sounds great

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    did you guys buy your new $75 all-white jumpsuits yet?