Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I would love to hear "Breathe" with the double drum intro like ICYDFLSU

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    SPEAKING OF WHICH....

So this is a thing that is happening: Live Necronomicon, from the Feb. 22, 1990 show, AKA the same show as In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up - full length show minus Stainless Steel Providers. Dated for Sept. 1 but copies are already available on Cleopatra's Ebay store. No word on a CD release yet.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    SPEAKING OF WHICH....

So this is a thing that is happening: Live Necronomicon, from the Feb. 22, 1990 show, AKA the same show as In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up - full length show minus Stainless Steel Providers. Dated for Sept. 1 but copies are already available on Cleopatra's Ebay store. No word on a CD release yet.
    wow! i'm so getting this one! I had no idea they played "Public Image" in the full show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love that part in Al's book when he talked about the violin player in the studio that wasn't wearing any panties.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    SPEAKING OF WHICH....

Shit fuck yeah! Just ordered that. It will go nicely with that remastered "In Cast You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" I picked up earlier in the year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Re: Live Necronomicon - Shit. I said I wouldn't buy any more music this month, but there's no way I can refuse this. Cheers for the heads up.

Presumably there's a reason why this isn't being advertised as the same show as In Case... - probably best to get in quick, er, 'in case' a rights issue crops up here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If you order the LP on Bandcamp, you can get a digital copy immediately (I have not compared pricing vs. eBay or other outlets, however).

Based on a quick initial listen, this doesn't sound to me like the "In Case..." show, remastered or otherwise, but I could very well be mistaken. Has anyone else acquired a copy and done an actual cross-comparison?

Separately, I'd love to know the full story behind the back catalog rights and what Warner Music, Cleo, Al et al own vs. license at this point. As happy as I am for recordings like this to see the light of day, it's hard not to wish that they were being handled by anyone but Cleo...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Oh shit, I clicked that link earlier and it said they were sold out. Jumping on it now!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Re: Live Necronomicon - Shit. I said I wouldn't buy any more music this month, but there's no way I can refuse this. Cheers for the heads up.

Presumably there's a reason why this isn't being advertised as the same show as In Case... - probably best to get in quick, er, 'in case' a rights issue crops up here.
    Just compared the digital of Live Necronomicon vs. In Case for the song So What... to me, they sound like different performances...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    People over at Prongs are saying that In Case had a bunch of post-production overdubs, particularly the vocal parts (and So What is one the songs that got noticeably affected), whereas this new release is supposedly had all of those removed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    People over at Prongs are saying that In Case had a bunch of post-production overdubs, particularly the vocal parts (and So What is one the songs that got noticeably affected), whereas this new release is supposedly had all of those removed.
    Might be what I'm hearing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yup. this is the show without all the overdubs. you can actually hear Connelly, ogre and mckaye

the Pailhead tracks are epic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just got notification that it shipped already. I thought it wasn't supposed to ship until the end of August.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    MEANWHILE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is she facepalming because of the current state of the US or is it because she heard the album?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone received their Live Necronomicon records yet? I saw a few people on facebook posting about getting theirs but I haven't gotten mine yet and I don't see anything in the way of a tracking number.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I had no idea about the re-release/remastered of In Case you didn't feel like showing up/Live Necronomicon (I love the Evil Dead reference btw).
    I just bought the vinyl and got my download of it and holy shit does it sound amazing!
    Thanks to you all about posting about it cause I would never had found out about it otherwise.
    I'd kick myself repeatedly if I had missed the limited Vinyl of Live Necronomicon.

I just wonder if maybe someone out there could provide a high quality version of Stainless Steel Providers that closely matches the mix from the live album?
    I imagine they omitted it since maybe there was an issue getting it cleared for the vinyl, or mastering the copy they have, possibly?
    or maybe it just didn't maybe the cut since there is a limited amount of space they could fit it on to the vinyl?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Has anyone received their Live Necronomicon records yet? I saw a few people on facebook posting about getting theirs but I haven't gotten mine yet and I don't see anything in the way of a tracking number.
    Mine just showed up Thursday out of the blue.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ministry

In other cool news. Paul texted me yesterday to show me he was using the death by audio pedals I gave him, on the new Malekko material.

If anyone’s wondering. That’s our NAMM edition fuzzwar and our new evil filter. Which kind of was inspired by the pedal Reznor had us design for him.

Last edited by DVYDRNS; 07-16-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ministry and Death Grips will be touring together this fall. Ministry themselves also have a new album titled “AmeriKKKant” in the works as well with release details pending.
    10/13 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
    10/14 Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
    10/16 Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Steel
    10/17 New York, NY – Terminal 5
    10/19 Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore
    10/20 Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre
    10/21 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE
    10/23 Royal Oak, MI – Royal Oak Music Theater
    10/24 Columbus, OH – Express Live
    10/26 Minneapolis, MN – Skyway Theatre
    10/27 Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater
    10/29 Denver, CO – The Fillmore
    10/30 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
    11/01 Seattle, WA – Showbox Sodo
    11/02 Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
    11/04 Los Angeles, CA – The Hollywood Palladium
    11/05 San Francisco, CA – The Warfield
    11/07 Phoenix, AZ – The Van Buren
    11/08 Albuquerque, NM – El Rey Theater
    11/10 Houston, TX – White Oak Music Hall
    11/11 Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Live!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Ministry and Death Grips will be touring together this fall
    ...which means that Death Grips will break up again before the tour starts.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Super disappointed that I'll be in Chicago the weekend of the Kansas City date. I've never had the chance to see Ministry live and while they're mainly a joke these days, I still highly regard those first mid 80s - early 90s records.

Death Grips live is an incredible experience and the fact it's a co-headling tour bums me out even more there's no St. Louis date. I'll be seeing Ariel Pink and John Maus that weekend in Chicago and while I'm beyond excited for that ... missing out on this is a little disappointing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    October 26th, huh? might have to hit that up.

In other news, the up tempo version of Smothered Hope with Ogre on vox alone is worth the 9 bucks (minimum) for the new live album.

It makes me wonder if the original concept Al and company had for ICYDFLSU included all the guest spots, but Warner Bros dint want to shell out for clearances. Hmmmmmmmmm........

(feel free to chime in if you know anything about why the album originally had so many overdubs)

edit: and so little content
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 07-17-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I've never had the chance to see Ministry live and while they're mainly a joke these days, I
    Saw them for the first time about two years ago, it did not disappoint. Don't get Al confused with Manson.

Go see them while you can/it's too late.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Mine just showed up Thursday out of the blue.
    Hmm. Wondering if I should shoot them an email or keep waiting. Really wish I had some sort of tracking info or something.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    October 26th, huh? might have to hit that up.

In other news, the up tempo version of Smothered Hope with Ogre on vox alone is worth the 9 bucks (minimum) for the new live album.

It makes me wonder if the original concept Al and company had for ICYDFLSU included all the guest spots, but Warner Bros dint want to shell out for clearances. Hmmmmmmmmm........

(feel free to chime in if you know anything about why the album originally had so many overdubs)

edit: and so little content
    it was a combination of clearances and they were marketing Al. Not these other wierd unheard of guys.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Really dig the inclusion of "Breathe" and "The Land Of Rape & Honey". "Man Should Surrender" "Smothered Hope" and "The Power Of Lard" also worth it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ministry

Just saw ministry in San Luis Obispo. It was pretty great.

I don’t think Al was lip syncing very much. Maybe a bit here and there. But it seemed legit. I was center stage on the rail. So I was watching pretty closely.

They opened with filth pig. Played a bunch of older stuff. A bunch of molé and a few newer tracks. It was a good mix.

Right after this he threw his harmonica and I caught it. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Just saw ministry in San Luis Obispo. It was pretty great.

I don’t think Al was lip syncing very much. Maybe a bit here and there. But it seemed legit. I was center stage on the rail. So I was watching pretty closely.
    is he generally known for lip syncing? I'm not super familiar with Ministry's work but there's a good chance I'll be seeing them with Death Grips in November

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    is he generally known for lip syncing? I'm not super familiar with Ministry's work but there's a good chance I'll be seeing them with Death Grips in November
    Not every song but there are some where it happens:

Jump to the song "No W" and you will get an idea on that.