Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: House of Cards

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'll probably spend half the weekend watching this goofy ass show.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Holy shit, episode four! Spoiler: RIP Meechum

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Three episodes in, and man! Tension from the word go. There are so many plot lines already established, and shadiness is off to a great start this season. I love the addition of Lucas back in the mix, and Neve Campbell is surprisingly good in this role. One thing this show gets right is it's cast... man, give the casting crew an award.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    I'll probably spend half the weekend watching this goofy ass show.
    Half? Amateur. Should've been done by Saturday morning.

(/sarcasm)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I stopped watching this show after season two cause it was kinda good but also kinda ridiculous and weird.

Was season three any good? Should I get caught up on this shit?

Seriously, someone tell me what to do here. I need some guidance.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I stopped watching this show after season two cause it was kinda good but also kinda ridiculous and weird.

Was season three any good? Should I get caught up on this shit?

Seriously, someone tell me what to do here. I need some guidance.
    A lot of people gave up at various points during Season 3. I will admit that I started to lose interest at times, but by the time the season closed I was thinking "well shit, I have to wait how long for the next episode?"

This season drew me in more than the last one did; there were far more instances in which I found myself just letting the next episode roll without thinking about it. It will make much, much more sense if you catch up on Season 3 first. If nothing else, at least read a Wikipedia summary of it or something. But I would caution against jumping right back in without catching up.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I finished season 4 I liked it although the premise of the Underwood ticket seems a bit of a stretch but its fiction I still enjoyed it.
    So Spoiler: all the murdering and impeachment and whatnot from previous seasons doesn't seem like a stretch, but a person wildly popular with the country and largely responsible for your campaign even being afloat seems like they're taking things a bit far?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    season 4 is a mess. this show has 1 more season left in it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bingeing this back-to-back with S2 of Daredevil has created an almost irrational need to see a crossover

Spoiler: Frank vs. Frank

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I finished this last night, and I thought that season four was waaaaay better than season three.

It has morphed from a show were I could actually see some of the things happening in real life into a full on drama where nothing seems to be based in reality... But I enjoyed it a lot more this round!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    How fucking amazing would it have been if they'd shot and finished the entire thing, and today just went "SURPRIIIIIIIISE" and released it? The prez would have a stroke when everyone just went "nvm better president to watch today".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I bet the delay is that the writers wanted the season to reflect current (or more likely then-current) concerns.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    in light of current events, this show now seems sadly prophetic

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think Vice Principals did a better job reflecting the political climate, and without even trying mind you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was right?

Quote Originally Posted by nycguy View Post
    I was hoping this show was going to get out of control with even more violence, etc. If I was writing the episodes I'd make Frank take over the whole country and suspend elections, etc. It just seems logical to me that's where this should go.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycguy View Post
    Do you think Frank will become a Dictator and take over the world? Seems that's only what's left for him to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Ugh, I don't know if I can watch this show right now. Same reason I haven't started the Handmaid's Tail yet. The real world is bad enough; I don't know if I can handle my "entertainment" being a nagging reminder of that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Unyielding Frank FTW!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So I found myself watching this anyway, as I was already involved enough in the characters to keep it feeling fictitious - or at least sufficiently separated from the real word.

Spoiler-y opinions, having now finished the show.

Spoiler: I'm glad Tom Yates is dead. His character was absolutely insufferable in this season. And I don't know if it was the directing or just his acting, but he just seemed like this whiny emo 12 year old in an older man's body. But speaking of dead people - is anyone else thinking that LeAnn is really dead? All the foreshadowing in the world, but we never see a body. I'm sure that was done precisely to make people say "wait a minute".

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm loving it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The first half of this season dragged a lot despite the presence of Joel Kinnaman's Will Conway and his incredibly cute wife. The second half was better, the new characters were fun to watch (especially Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott) and some episodes had imaginative directing (Agnieszka Holland did some very cool work), but it's just not the same without Beau Willimon on board... Plus, it's gotten so over-the-top now that it's downright cartoonish sometimes. Still binge-worthy, but it needs a change of pace. The last episode's twists (not spoiling anything) showed some promise for big changes in Season 6.

In other news, Willimon is now writing a Hulu series about... the first mission on Mars?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    THE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON

House of Cards to conclude with upcoming sixth season
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/89...g-sixth-season

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    HOUSE OF CARDS SPINOFFS MAY HAPPEN AT NETFLIX
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/89...pen-at-netflix

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Production Suspended on House of Cards Season 6
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/89...cards-season-6

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well this blows. I'm not for what Kevin Spacey has done, but you're kinda fucking over fans and paying supporters of your service, Netflix. Are they gonna remove every Harvey Weinstein produced picture as well?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Well this blows. I'm not for what Kevin Spacey has done, but you're kinda fucking over fans and paying supporters of your service, Netflix.
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Eight people on the show's crew alone have accused him of sexual harassment. Eight. Numerous others have accused him of even worse. And your concern is "Netflix, ur totally screwing over your paying customers"?! Jesus. Get some perspective.

Your Weinstein analogy is a false equivalence. That's already been shot, produced, and aired. He's not actively employed in it. You can fire someone from a job; you can't fire them when the job has been done for years.

This behavior 100% warrants firing, and it doesn't fucking matter one ounce whether your service's fans are sad about it. But I'll play along anyway.

Frank Underwood is no longer the president. Claire Underwood is. Frank Underwood is being investigated for numerous crimes. Season 6: start off "one year later" with in-show media reports about the downfall of Frank Underwood; how he was finally found guilty of his crimes and thrown in jail. Or hell, just have him die from complications stemming from the assassination attempt. Season 6 could easily survive without Frank. Robin Wright is an extraordinary actor and her character could carry the show with ease.

The biggest thing I was looking forward to in season 6 was watching Frank get what was coming to him. Watching his world come tumbling down around him. Am I little sad that I won't get to see that play out now? Sure, because Kevin Spacey is very skilled at his craft and portrayed an intriguing character very convincingly. But do I feel "fucked over" as a "paying supporter of Netflix"? Hell no. The victims of sexual harassment and assault everywhere are the ones who would be getting fucked over if Netflix said "whatever, our fans paid for House of Cards so we're gonna keep paying an accused serial abuser millions of dollars to star in it". THAT'S the fucked up move to make.