Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul (2020)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amazon has the MP3 version for sale now https://amzn.to/3hlJ5VY 42 songs from TR/AR and Batiste.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just watched the movie with my wife and kids. The dual scores makes the movie awesome. I highly recommend watching the movie as it puts the music into perspective.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    @snichols you're a stand-up person for this, good on ya. If you need anything to help with overseas shipping let me know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just posted it from NINLIVE. He deserves all credit.

https://www.facebook.com/ninlivearch...36479726430095
    Last edited by snichols; 12-25-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    very cute movie!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I watched the movie. I haven't listened to the score yet, but it was amazing.
    And yah, life has been really rough this year... I ended up having a big ol' ugly cry during *that* piano song.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I watched the movie. I haven't listened to the score yet, but it was amazing.
    And yah, life has been really rough this year... I ended up having a big ol' ugly cry during *that* piano song.
    We watched it this morning with the kids too. Definitely cried, I can see why Trent and Atticus signed on to do this Pixar movie in particular and I'm not just talking about the music. This movie definitely brings up what my kids call "big feelings".

It's a shame it wasn't released in theaters this year, but in a way watching it from home at a time when everybody is wondering about issues of life/death/purpose kind of feels right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    It's a shame it wasn't released in theaters this year, but in a way watching it from home at a time when everybody is wondering about issues of life/death/purpose kind of feels right.
    I'm not a big 3d movie guy, but this film would have been great in that format.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Goddamn. This movie was wonderful.

My wife and I both cried... more than once.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm an adult male. I cried hard. It was embarrassing. Like shaking uncontrollably, making audible crying sounds. I have that tight feeling in my throat all the time, but I can usually keep myself in control. But this movie made me feel like someone I love died. In fact, my throat is tightening as I'm writing this just thinking about it. Fuck. This shit is deep. I can't

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This movie felt like seeing how the sausage of life is made.

I loved it!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I absolutely LOVED the music in this.
    During the non-Earth parts, it was interesting to see the 3D "souls" and the 2D Terry/ Gerry's, and it felt like the music was that component linking them in the same space.
    Watching it, I could definitely hear the TR/AR watermark on it, but I think they nailed the emotion of those scenes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Confession time: Despite being really into the scores, I'd not watched any of the movies. But I watched Soul last night with my 4 year old. The score worked with the film beautifully, and it's nice to have that extra context. The film itself is excellent - fun, but also poignant and thought provoking. It's prompted a few conversations with my daughter about mind-body dualism, and the broader metaphysics underlying the story. It's certainly got her thinking - can't ask for more than that!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have updated my SOUL playlist on Apple Music. It starts with the 23 Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross score tracks, followed by the 17 Jon Batiste Jazz instrumentals and song, followed by the 8 songs used in the movie, followed by the British, French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese exclusive End Credits songs, ending with the Japanese soundtrack versions of both "Parting Ways" and "Rapping Ced." Enjoy:

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/....u-PDpEtJe7gZD
    Last edited by atomobile; 12-27-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Have you noticed that Atticus is listed as one of the sound engineers?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    ending with the Japanese soundtrack versions of both "Parting Ways" and "Rapping Ced."
    Heh, thanks for that. Subaru Kimura has done quite a bit of voice acting, some of the most notable include 2 Gundam series, JoJo's season 4, 3 Kingdom Hearts games, and FF7 Remake.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Didn't cry, but that little movie truly hit home for me. Especially since I witnessed alot of friends and colleagues struggling (this year more then ever) and worrying if taking up music as a living might have been a bad decision. This movie is for everyone of them and also me, as I was missing my own "spark" lately. I was especially pleased how "gritty" the real-life scenes were and how mature that movie came across opposed to other Pixar/Disney productions. Definitely a movie for the young AND old.

Really loved how subtle the jazz music was used here and in which TR/AR had their own room to shine. These guys are on a roll lately, at least for me, as I didn't enjoy the soundtracks between TSN and Watchmen too much. This one is really beautiful and should keep me entertained while having it on in the background working on something, etc.

Well done!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I'm an adult male. I cried hard. It was embarrassing.
    sorry, not trying to call you out, but why does it matter that you're an adult man? everyone's allowed to cry, for any reason, and it shouldn't be embarrassing. that's a symptom of toxic masculinity in our culture that says "boys (or men) don't cry" and it's bullshit. if you have a strong emotion that causes you to cry, go with it. it's natural. it's GOOD for you. crying is cathartic and sometimes it's what you NEED because it actually helps to release chemicals in your brain that otherwise get kind of backed up. it's why most people still find enjoyment out of media that makes us feel sad, because afterward, you feel like you've been able to let go of something.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm new here.

Has anyone found the visual NIN Easter egg the animators put in Soul?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teitan View Post

I guess it’s time to watch it again!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I watched it last night. I really did like the movie, but I was honestly expecting it to be better. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading so many absolutely glowing reviews here and from friends of mine on social media. We re-watched Finding Dory with my family and I got more choked up seeing that for the third time. I personally found Onward, Up, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, Monsters, Inc., Toy Story 2-4, Wall-E, and Coco to be far more "moving" films that elicited stronger emotions from me. Up still makes me tear up (or straight up cry) every time I see it. It was still a sweet, cute, and enjoyable movie and I loved the score. Perhaps I'll enjoy it more the second time around.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-28-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Welcome back! we know you like us, sorry for any previous "misunderstanding".

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The graffiti with Terry in the real world? I say this without rewatching it and now I’m gonna have to rewatch it.

BTW, “Epiphany” is fucking incredible. Kudos on that one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

A tenner says that there isn't one and we're being led on a merry chase

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It’s easy to find once you think about it. I posted a screenshot on Twitter.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just watched the movie
    the soundtrack shines with it, it feels like the movie was made for it, synchronized pictures.
    stand-alone the ost is a bit underwhelming for me but i think its because disney released it as it is in the movie.
    i wish there was an expanded version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lmao trent dropping us a hint, i wouldn’t know it was him if you didn’t point it out. the new user disguise 10/10

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I just like that he's proud enough of this project to drop in with a hint.
    I do feel that this soundtrack is the best that TR/AR released this year - better than Ghosts, better than Mank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Here's a link to the Japanese 1CD version (combo of Batiste & TR/AR): https://www.universal-music.co.jp/p/uwcd-1096/
    Anybody trying to order a copy of this version? Having issues trying to punch in zip code.

Never mind got it thanks.
    Last edited by Damage; 12-29-2020 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Solution found