Page 259 of 483 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,770 of 14482

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Nakamura is coming to NXT and his first match will be in Takeover Dallas against Sami Zayn. The Takeover card itself is gold. Bayley vs. Asuka for the Women's title, Joe vs. Balor for the NXT Championship, Aries vs. Corbin, and Dash/Dawson vs. Jordan/Gable for the tag titles.

This already destroyed WrestleMania. No point going there anymore.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That card just took a massive steamer on mania. Zayn/Nakamura defeats mania, by itself. Bayley/Asuka is going to be pretty legit as well. Come on April!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    You can't make fun of fat people in professional wrestling anymore? Wtf?
    Apparently not. Guess we're too PC for that now as well...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Apparently not. Guess we're too PC for that now as well...

ROFL......fuckin steiner!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Scott Steiner never fails to make me laugh. Wait a minute, didn't Kevin Dunn fat-shame Kevin Steen?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Scott Steiner never fails to make me laugh. Wait a minute, didn't Kevin Dunn fat-shame Kevin Steen?
    If he did, I would hope Steen would just buck-tooth-shame him as a retort. That fuckin' beaver-ass motherfucker.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Agreed. Kevin Dunn is a real cancer to the system and it's obvious he's Vince's little buck-tooth bitch.

I'm reading the rumors at Cageside and one big rumor is WWE wants WrestleMania 32 to be Roman Reigns' crowning ceremony where he and HHH will fight at the main event of WrestleMania with the Rock in Reigns' corner who will raise Reigns' arm in the post-match celebration.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    You can't make fun of fat people in professional wrestling anymore? Wtf?
    It's not that you can't. My point was that's a heel move to make in a promo. Those guys are still green as hell. I really don't understand why/how they're so over. They "wrestle" the same match every time. Enzo botches a lot and is generally annoying. They're faces that talk like heels. They say the same shit over and over again. And...people love them. It's baffling to me.

Enzo was seriously staring at the wrong camera for half of that promo. He's the worst and Cas isn't much better.

Scott Steiner is a heel so it works. See also: Rick Rude.

Yeah, ever since Owens showed up on RAW, those idiotic Yes men like Dunn have been not so subtly fat shaming Owens, because you know Vince McMahon loves ripped dumb guys who can't wrestle.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-28-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Agreed. Kevin Dunn is a real cancer to the system and it's obvious he's Vince's little buck-tooth bitch.

I'm reading the rumors at Cageside and one big rumor is WWE wants WrestleMania 32 to be Roman Reigns' crowning ceremony where he and HHH will fight at the main event of WrestleMania with the Rock in Reigns' corner who will raise Reigns' arm in the post-match celebration.

It's going to be last year's Rumble all over again. But that's what's probably going to happen. The Rock will probably be the one who carry the build with Triple H while Reigns just tags along for the ride. It's not going to work.

At the end of the day, no matter how much of a parasite Dunn is, it's still Vince's call.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It's not that you can't. My point was that's a heel move to make in a promo. Those guys are still green as hell. I really don't understand why/how they're so over. They "wrestle" the same match every time. Enzo botches a lot and is generally annoying. They're faces that talk like heels. They say the same shit over and over again. And...people love them. It's baffling to me.

Enzo was seriously staring at the wrong camera for half of that promo. He's the worst and Cas isn't much better.

Scott Steiner is a heel so it works. See also: Rick Rude.

Yeah, ever since Owens showed up on RAW, those idiotic Yes men like Dunn have been not so subtly fat shaming Owens, because you know Vince McMahon loves ripped dumb guys who can't wrestle.
    Enzo isn't a good wrestler. I'll give you that. But the guy has a natural charisma that clicks. Cass is the wrestler. Enzo is mostly the hype guy that can do a couple spots and work the crowd. I get what you mean though. But, whether or faces of not, they HATE the heels so much to the point where it could be fat jokes of whatever, it was really about the delivery, I think. And I'm not sure if he he was even looking at a camera.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    After that negative episode, I wake to spoilers for all of March and I'm in love all over again! Spoiler: BONUS: No Jersey Shore douchers! Gargano beats Sampson! Joe and Sami go for an entire hour?! Nakamura! Aries! Asuka is the number one contender! Yeah, things are going to be better than okay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lol I miss steiner

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Chalk up another name for the injured list - Sheamus! Roster takes yet another big hit, love him or hate him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sheamus is injured, honestly.... good. Fuck that ginger mick.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Either healty or injured his impact is non existent...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The most impact he's had lately is getting injured and being added to the list of names of guys. That's it. Sucks he got hurt though. But it's not a huge loss. And hopefully the end of the waste of nations.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    The most impact he's had lately is getting injured and being added to the list of names of guys. That's it. Sucks he got hurt though. But it's not a huge loss. And hopefully the end of the waste of nations.
    Don't you mean the League of Losers?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hideo Itami is still injured, too. Incredibly disappointing. I'm worried that, at 34 and having had trouble making an impact in NXT before getting injured, that they may end up cutting their losses and let him head back to Japan.

Hideo was my favorite of the 2014-2015 crop of indie stars brought into NXT, even if he was quickly overshadowed by Finn, Sami, and even Neville. I really hope he can bounce back, and that he doesn't get pushed out of the way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think he'll bounce back. Just taking longer than originally planned. Not sure what the complication was, or how serious it is. He'll be out for a year by summer. Some guys have been out for entire years with injuries. I'm not worried at all. Just a setback. He'll get a good pop whenever he comes back. But they're going to have some work to do when he returns.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Despite being cleared by independent doctors, Daniel Bryan's fate is in Vince's hands: http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...mcmahons-hands

If I was Bryan, I'd walk and tell the WWE to fuck themselves and go to New Japan.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    9Not as easy as to just walk away. He's under contract with them. Even if they don't clear him, they could have him just sit at home and do nothing, which they're basically doing now. Keep him from going anywhere. They could release him, or he could ask for his release. But, I'm assuming he must be getting paid something (ambassador stuff, etc.). I'm at the point now where I'd be surprised if they brought him back. I don't think it's going to happen. And all he can really do now is do the conventions, be an ambassador, and wait for his contract to expire or get an early release.

It's interesting they bring up Dreamer though. Who knows how many concussions he's had. Likely more than Bryan.

I think, at the end of the day, they're just trying to protect themselves. Especially with the current concussion lawsuit. That, and maybe not wanting another Chris Benoit scenario, which wouldn't help WWE one bit. This is Bryan's choice as an independent contractor. He knows the risks and is willing to take them. WWE, as a publicly traded company wants to avoid any possible backlash.

It's tricky.
    Last edited by Piko; 01-28-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    When do I get rats?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Now Del Rio is hurt too (lower back injury).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    this was just posted in my company's trainee page by my booker:

"Steve and Mike, as long as Brandon is OK with it you both will have spots on this show. Steve wear something you can do stuff in the ring with and Mike bring those the security clothes that you had last time."

I'm steve!~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PWInsider.com reports that former TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong was sent home from the company's current UK tour. It's believed that she was sent home on the first day of the tour following a locker room incident with Matt Hardy's wife Reby Sky.

Multiple sources are reporting that Kong had a problem with Sky attempting to dress in the women's locker room and ended up throwing Sky's bag out of the room. According to reports, Kong confronted Sky about "not apologizing" when Sky later returned to the room.

Mike Johnson says that there are two versions of the story making the rounds. The first was Kong attempted to go after Sky but was stopped. The second, which Johnson emphasizes was heard from far more people, was Kong getting physical with Sky and throttling her around the neck until she was restrained by TNA Producer Pat Kenney.

It's also reported that Matt and Reby's son was close to where the incident happened.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Saw that. That's ridiculous. Apparently a big reason why WWE ditched her.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm not saying I don't believe it, but when I met Kong she was such a sweetheart. It's hard to imagine.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If I was TNA, I wouldn't just fire Kong for what she did. I'd also tell Reby Sky to go home and leave her child at home because the fact that an infant was nearby this incident is scary. I'd stay home with the kid rather have him be seen with my husband for a stupid TV program.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's a work. EVERYTHING'S A WORK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I'm not saying I don't believe it, but when I met Kong she was such a sweetheart. It's hard to imagine.
    Chris Benoit was nice when I met him. None of us know these people in real life no matter how many times we mark out to meet them. Matt Hardy is ten times the draw/merchandise seller that Kong is. Who cares if Reby Sky is dressing in the locker room? Someone should tell Kong that kayfabe is dead.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I made my professional wrestling debut.

It happened.