Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: V/h/s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SPOILERS, ETC.

I liked this one a lot more actually. I thought "A Ride In The Park" was such a cool new way to present a zombie outbreak. (Except what was with that ending? lol, has Warm Bodies turned the tide in favor of the "all zombies are capable of love" thing? Because I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a comedy.) And "Safe Haven" could've been a whole movie in itself, it was so awesome. I didn't care too much for the first and especially the last one (SLUMBER PARTY ALIEN ABDUCTION - the title pretty much says it all), but the effects were all very well done. I also liked the main story, which kind of explains more about the last movie's main story, in that watching the tapes in a certain sequence has some kind of supernatural effect on you, even after death.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought this was way worse, personally. Didn't like any of the segments in this one at all...

The alien one was probably the most well done overall, but even then, they all just behaved like zombies anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    I thought this was way worse, personally. Didn't like any of the segments in this one at all...

The alien one was probably the most well done overall, but even then, they all just behaved like zombies anyway.
    Agreed 100%... but what the hell was with all the fucking zombies? way overdone in this one

I get it the first movie had a succubus, hauntings, etc. But it was still kinda set in the real world.
    So if these tapes are suppose to be real... so then, zombies exist now?
    I can see the supernatural and all that weird shit... but now to bring in zombies?
    These are suppose to be actual tapes... kinda like snuff stuff.
    But once you start incorporating zombies and such, you kinda ruin the whole reality thing.

What made the first one more scary and effective was that it was based in a somewhat realistic way... that's what made it scary and creepy.
    Now you introduce a zombie outbreak that was filmed?

I just don't get it.
    None of the segments engaged me at all.

I remember feeling so tense during the watching the first movie... a sense of dread of what could happen.

These new segments just felt like movies... and not tapes supposedly catching real events.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post

Wow... I just watched it, and I'd say I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought it was much better than the first film in every conceivable way, and the only segment I wasn't too thrilled with was the alien closer.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen the new one, Viral? It was released on VOD the other day and i'm pretty sure it was MEANT to go viral.

It blew me the fuck away. I thought it transcended both of the first two by far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Saw Viral, thought it was hands down the worst of the three films. It felt like it was one segment short? Segments that were there weren't scary. They were just weird/passable stories. I'd say this thing sucked pretty significantly. :-/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

V/h/s

Remember hearing about this movie a long time ago and yesterday night I decided to check it out. Holy crap, it was nuts and sometimes a little ridiculous but I loved it.
    I'd like to hear what your favorite tape and which one scared you the most? My favorite was 10/31/98 and the scariest was The Sick Thing That Happened To Emily When She Was Younger

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Stay away from the sequel.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Stay away from the sequel.
    I thought the sequel was far better than the first one, but V/H/S Viral was AWFUL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think I'm going to watch the sequel tonight and see how I like it. Is V/H/S Viral like actually so bad I shouldn't even try?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    I think I'm going to watch the sequel tonight and see how I like it. Is V/H/S Viral like actually so bad I shouldn't even try?
    I remember one of the segments being very good, one was awful (along with the wraparound story) and I can't remember any of the other segments, which shows how forgettable they are.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just finished the second movie and dang the cult segment ruined me a little bit lol. Lots of zombies and aliens which were cool in their own respect, but I loved how the first one actually had more realistic/grounded stuff...well I guess if you think ghosts are realistic in the movies haha

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Everything from the first and second movie are hit and miss. The third is absolute trash.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Loved the original, hated the sequel and i haven't seen "Viral", is it really that bad?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just saw all 3 this weekend^, wouldn't spend my time on Viral, not really that fun or interesting.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'm pretty sure they adapted the succubus story from the first V/H/S film into its own movie, too.
    It's just hit the usual sites. I'll hopefully see it at the weekend.

I wish they had made a movie out of the Indonesian segment from the second movie, though. Highlight of the series.