Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Posted this in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Additionally, does anyone have Lights Over Portland to re-seed? 9a23a3706e957800e3f9657d9eb74f338bad1e6d

The version on ninlive is 44.1k and cut for 2CD's and I'm looking for the OG 48k quality without the fade between Piggy and The Greater Good.
    Ryan's copy on both ninlive.com and the NIN Drive (I checked both) is listed as 48k but unzips to 44.1k

Looking for the OG seed of this with both versions: 9a23a3706e957800e3f9657d9eb74f338bad1e6d and I believe @ninlive wouldn't mind replacing with the correct version either.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    IEMs (in ear monitors) are a direct link between the artist and the engineer mixing for them. It also often includes one or more talkback mics, which allow the artist, engineer, and various techs / managers to communicate throughout the show. So in that sense, recording these sources feels very much akin to wiretapping someone's phone. That's creepy. I understand some peoples' draw to that...it's behind-the-scenes stuff. Sometimes it's interesting. Sometimes it's unbelievably boring. But it's private - the artist is never consenting to that stuff being listened in on by unauthorized people.

In another sense, as someone else has mentioned, most artists do not have a "perfect" mix - that is, it's extremely unbalanced, because they want certain things emphasized or reduced. And in the case of vocalists, they often have no effects of any kind, which can make even a pretty good singer sound a little "weird". So you're now stealing a private mix that doesn't necessarily sound "good" to unintended listeners. It's amazing how much the PA in the room helps to mask minor imperfections in a performance. IEM mixes are far less forgiving, and as an artist, I'd be pretty self-conscious about other people listening to that.

And yes, the difference between this and ALD recordings is that at least ALD is meant to be used by the audience. But all technical reasons aside, the risk of possibly taking this from someone who legitimately needs the device is reason enough to not use them for recordings.
    I gotta be honest..Listening to the Tokyo 09 IEM and hearing Trent curse out his crew in between almost every song was pretty fucking entertaining lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where can I hear that?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I gotta be honest..Listening to the Tokyo 09 IEM and hearing Trent curse out his crew in between almost every song was pretty fucking entertaining lmao
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jd13 View Post
    Where can I hear that?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2009/20090807.html

The preview of Closer is great.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I gotta be honest...being the guy that gets cursed out sucks ass and makes me hate the artist, and seeing it made a publicly available spectacle makes me even angrier. Glad that our 18 hour days, months at a time away from home, and terrible days are entertaining to someone.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2009/20090807.html

The preview of Closer is great.
    Holy shit lol

I'm listening to all of it, that's it

edit : not that often actually, not at all until Closer

edit2 : Oh The Frail going into I'm Afraid of Americans

edit3 : To the crowd : "If you're leaving because of the rain you're a pussy", nice, then a guy screams in japanese, but at the end of Gave Up, "Thank you, you're okay out there ?" and then he says the rain feels nice for him.

edit4 :

So Trent speaking to his crew :

-at the beginning of Closer, "turn the fucking keyboard mic on"
    -"I need a cold towel or I'm going to pass out" at the beginning Survivalism. That explains the fact that the rain is great for him.
    -At the end of Survivalism someone tells him time is running short and they have to cut one song, and Trent answers "Play stop" I think ? And he says quickly "Hand That Feeds Hurt".
    -And then it gets real, at the end of HTF : "You gotta tell me that shit earlier fucks song into the set-up (?)", from what I understand. So I guess anger because the show was cut short, at the end.

@theimage13 This is a very one-dimensional way of thinking. It's quite an insight into how a show is organized, how hard it is, how everything needs to work together to make it good. It's not just "oh yeah let's do that track", nah, rehearsals, great preparation and shit. It's effort. And IT IS a spectacle. Of course having that spectacle + a little tidbit of what happens backstage is entertaining in a way too. It's so blunt. You understand how difficult it is to go into damn Hurt when you're angry but it's work and you have to do it the best you can.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 07-18-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I gotta be honest...being the guy that gets cursed out sucks ass and makes me hate the artist, and seeing it made a publicly available spectacle makes me even angrier. Glad that our 18 hour days, months at a time away from home, and terrible days are entertaining to someone.
    I just think hardcore fans/bootleg collectors just wanna hear the best sounding shows regardless of how it was captured. Some AUD recordings kick ass and some aud recordings sound like shit and like they were recorded on a walkman. Some IEMs sound great and some are horrible with clicktracks and static....People just wanna hear cool sounding shit. If some Japanese bootleggers capture an IEM and it sounds amazing, I'm not gonna condemn them for releasing it "against the artists best wishes"..If its a great sounding NIN show, I dont care how its captured..If one of Trents old employees leaks out 50 soundboards from Trents vault against his wishes and without his permission....I think 99% of NIN fans are going to listen to them regardless...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You could always get like a new job or something

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    @theimage13 This is a very one-dimensional way of thinking. It's quite an insight into how a show is organized, how hard it is, how everything needs to work together to make it good. It's not just "oh yeah let's do that track", nah, rehearsals, great preparation and shit. It's effort. And IT IS a spectacle. Of course having that spectacle + a little tidbit of what happens backstage is entertaining in a way too. It's so blunt. You understand how difficult it is to go into damn Hurt when you're angry but it's work and you have to do it the best you can.
    They didn't say it was an insight. They said they were entertained and laughing their fucking ass off at listening to Trent berate the people who he couldn't perform a show without.

I could argue that it's interesting to an outsider to see / hear what it takes to make a show happen, because it's a world that very few people see. But I would never, ever, ever find humor and entertainment in seeing people who have put literal blood sweat and tears into their work get publicly berated by their boss. If you think that's funny, then I honestly think you're kind of a shitty person.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    You could always get like a new job or something
    Yeah, I'll just change my entire career so some people with a false sense of entitlement can laugh at others' misfortunes instead of my own.

Fuck off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'll just change my entire career so some people with a false sense of entitlement can laugh at others' misfortunes instead of my own.

Fuck off.
    Find a career where the boss doesn't reprimand their employees for failing to do their job

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just think hardcore fans/bootleg collectors just wanna hear the best sounding shows regardless of how it was captured. Some AUD recordings kick ass and some aud recordings sound like shit and like they were recorded on a walkman. Some IEMs sound great and some are horrible with clicktracks and static....People just wanna hear cool sounding shit. If some Japanese bootleggers capture an IEM and it sounds amazing, I'm not gonna condemn them for releasing it "against the artists best wishes"..If its a great sounding NIN show, I dont care how its captured..If one of Trents old employees leaks out 50 soundboards from Trents vault against his wishes and without his permission....I think 99% of NIN fans are going to listen to them regardless...
    I was just happy to have an IEM recording from the NIN/Soundgarden tour. It wasn't the show I went to but it's a lasting memory. Eraser into Great Destroyer was great. In NIN's case, they played songs the same way nearly every time due to the strict production of the show, so it's almost like it's the show I went to (barring Frail/Wretched and TDTWWA) so it's just cool to have it in the best possible quality. I filmed maybe 30 seconds of Find My Way and I hate myself for not having much of a memory so it's great that NIN Live is here to jog peoples memories.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-19-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I was just happy to have an IEM recording from the NIN/Soundgarden tour. It wasn't the show I went to but it's a lasting memory. Eraser into Great Destroyer was great. In NIN's case, they played songs the same way nearly every time due to the strict production of the show, so it's almost like it's the show I went to (barring Frail/Wretched and TDTWWA) so it's just cool to have it in the best possible quality. I filmed maybe 30 seconds of Find My Way and I hate myself for not having much of a memory so it's great that NIN Live is here to jog peoples memories.
    I find that after listening to tapes ive made from any show ive been to, my memories of the concerts actually get more vivid as time goes on.

Besides NIN, the only audio recording ive found from a show I attended, is a Rammstein show in St Paul from 99, and the memories come flooding back. I did find video recordings of Mudvayne's & Slipknot's sets from the Ozzfest in Apple River 2001, and that was equally as awesome .

I have see on tapers lists, audio recordings of Linkin Park's set from the same Ozzfest and a Tool shows from St Paul and Sioux Falls in 2002 exist. I would LOVE to get ahold of ANY of those recordings.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Find a career where the boss doesn't reprimand their employees for failing to do their job

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah, because equipment damage is always 100% the employee's fault, and bosses NEVER fly off the handle for your inability to read their mind regarding their current needs. Things never get damaged when they travel around the world, covering hundreds of miles a night, riding in planes and sea containers across oceans, thrown on the ground repeatedly by the employer, used in 100+ degrees in a pouring rainstorm.....nope, that's all totally 100% the crew's fault.

And bosses certainly never suck in any other career field. Nope. Never, ever heard anyone with a "normal" job complain about their boss!

*cough*

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Ok, how about we talk about how fucking sick this recording is.

May 03, 2005 Denver

Release of With Teeth.

Love is Not Enough > March of the Pigs > Reptile. WALLLOPPPPPPPPPPPPP

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050503.html

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wait, did I miss something? There’s a 2014 IEM?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Wait, did I miss something? There’s a 2014 IEM?
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140807.html

For some reason, now that I think about it more. The Portland show was in 44.1 originally, *I BELIEVE*. This has come up before. But please correct me if I am wrong and I would love an new copy of it for the archive in the highest quality possible. Thanks.

To transition into something else, I still have a backlog of things I want to do for the website. Things I need to change, add etc... They'll take some time. I finally got with the times and instead of manually adding every file one by one, I made my web editor upload any new save changes to files. I am so happy.

Still always looking for new sources and any tapes you may have laying around... You never know, you may have a lower gen, longer tape, uncirculated tape. Anything!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    For some reason, now that I think about it more. The Portland show was in 44.1 originally, *I BELIEVE*. This has come up before. But please correct me if I am wrong and I would love an new copy of it for the archive in the highest quality possible. Thanks.
    I just checked and the Portland video files are 16/48, just like the other shows. I can do a fresh rip sometime this week, as time allows.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I just checked and the Portland video files are 16/48, just like the other shows. I can do a fresh rip sometime this week, as time allows.
    Don't know why that happened. Sorry about that. Hope that we can fix this in time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I made a third multicam from Paris and it's so cool : The Great Destroyer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I randomly found this video of NIN's set from Summer Sonic 2005. The camera is on the video screen the entire time so you get some good looks. We get to see Getting Smaller performed live here. @ninlive

Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-24-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Fuck off.
    Hey fuck off you're overblowing it. Calm the fuck down. Fuck.

by the way the more Trent adds fucks in live tracks, the better it gets

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I randomly found this video of NIN's set from Summer Sonic 2005. The camera is on the video screen the entire time so you get some good looks. We get to see Getting Smaller performed live here. @ninlive
    Yeah, I've got the DVD that probably came from. I'll have to rip it at some point.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I added a submitted audience recording by Chatts99 to the Lisbon show. Sound is really crisp from that PA!

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2018/20180712.html

I will try to keep updating. Tougher at the end of the semester as finals are approaching! More to follow!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140807.html

To transition into something else, I still have a backlog of things I want to do for the website. Things I need to change, add etc... They'll take some time. I finally got with the times and instead of manually adding every file one by one, I made my web editor upload any new save changes to files. I am so happy.

Still always looking for new sources and any tapes you may have laying around... You never know, you may have a lower gen, longer tape, uncirculated tape. Anything!

OMG this is fantastic! Never knew it existed.

edit: Noooooooo!!!! Clicktrack on The Great Destroyer
    Last edited by Papagolash; 07-29-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Hi @ninlive I saw you just put online some bauhaus, i would like to reming you my old page where I compiled some pictures to use as covers, as well as music and infos
    Pictures are now pretty small but it's better than nothing
    http://www.mihalis.org/ninnewsfr/bauhaus2006.php

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    OMG this is fantastic! Never knew it existed.

edit: Noooooooo!!!! Clicktrack on The Great Destroyer
    Why I don't really like IEMs, tbh. Again, not my cup of tea, they cause an uproar in the taping community (let's not get back into it) but it's a source and I like to archive everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Hi @ninlive I saw you just put online some bauhaus, i would like to reming you my old page where I compiled some pictures to use as covers, as well as music and infos
    Pictures are now pretty small but it's better than nothing
    http://www.mihalis.org/ninnewsfr/bauhaus2006.php
    Nice, thanks for the additional info! I have someone who has created artwork for every single show in the archive and I will be using those. He did a really great job for all of them!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So over the last week, I have added a bunch of recordings to the archive and haven't really announced any of them. So here is a run down of everything that has been added.

1) Added Ansem’s audience recording to the 07/08/2018 Rock Werchter Festival show. - A very good recording from the festival and one of the few (if not only time) that Big Come Down has been played on the European leg.

2) Added lossless FLAC soundboard files to the 07/01/2006 Q101 radio show performance. - Thanks to TheBang, I have been able to upgrade the files for this show that I already thought I had the best filesets. This comes straight from the radio station thanks to a friend of a friend who worked there. All Joy Division covers on this one! Highly recommended!

3) NIN + Peter Murphy 07/01/2006 Chicago, Q101 Show Rehearsal - Added the soundboard recording of the Q101 rehearsals. Thanks to TheBang, I got these to add to the archive as well. They are 3 of the songs that were played on the Q101 show, but just prior for rehearsals.

4) Added an IEM/AUD matrix to the 07/07/2006 Irvine show. - This is a matrix of the BennyBlanco (ScreamingSlave) and Slickmode IEM recording. Pretty good. Although I still prefer just the audience recording.

5) Added an IEM/AUD matrix to the 09/16/2005 San Diego show. - Another matrix of a slickmode IEM and Ed Davis' audience recording. This show was halted due to Jerome Dillon's heart condition. I also like Ed's audience recording over the IEM.

6) Added Chatts99’s audience recording to the 07/12/2018 Lisbon show. - Great recording to add to the Lisbon show! The PA sounds really crisp on this one!

7) Added a side stage video recording of Trent Reznor singing ‘Suck’ with Pigface from 04/25/1991 Pittsburgh. This is from the Pigface DVD, it's rare footage in terms of some of the only recordings that have surfaced of Trent touring with Pigface in 1991. There is also a full audience recording from this show that I transferred from a gen 1 tape.

8) Added ziggyswoon’s audience recording to the 07/12/2018 Lisbon show. Last update from this batch of recordings. Thanks to Ziggy providing the tape.

That's it for the updates. You can download all of the above recordings on the archive at http://www.ninlive.com
    Enjoy!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Added BlueHeaven_T's audience recording from last night in South Korea at Pentaport Rock Festival.

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2018/20180811.html

Still looking for people to tape on the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour! Please get in contact if you would like to!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @ninlive , I understand your are a busy dude and I'm sure you get asked all the time but, do you have any updates on the Video portion of ninlive.com? Thank you so much for everything you do for the nin fan community. I know I really appreciate it!