Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Anime

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Evangelion 3.0+1.0...the ending is just so beautiful, and after over 2 decades it's an actual ending! I cried at the end.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    This is (Not) a Drill!

The Evangelion Ultimate Edition is coming in a week!

https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/?...ngelion_teaser
    Since it's GKids and Anime Limited, I wonder if we'll get several editions. FWIW, this is the first GKids release with the "Ultimate Edition" label.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Evangelion 3.0+1.0...the ending is just so beautiful, and after over 2 decades it's an actual ending! I cried at the end.
    Ditto, i was so touched by the ending, it was a poem both visually and story-wise!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry to interrupt the Eva talk, started wathing Aria - The Animation, currently finished the second season and I am loving it, it may rank as one of my all-time favorites slice of lives. Really one of the most beautiful shows I've ever seen, love the supernatural elements, love the monologues, it feels very inspiring to me, makes me happy and always makes me wonder what will happen in the next episode.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Since it's GKids and Anime Limited, I wonder if we'll get several editions. FWIW, this is the first GKids release with the "Ultimate Edition" label.
    I think it's juts an Ultimate Edition for Anime Limited right now, but i do not think it includes the Rebuilds so there is room for other Editions to come (i don't think 3.0 + 1.0 even has a Blu-ray in Japan yet so i doubt we'd get it included in a Blu-ray edition just yet) My guess it'll be around the same as their Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Ditto, i was so touched by the ending, it was a poem both visually and story-wise!
    One Last Kiss will be making me cry happy tears for YEARS to come. I did some fanart and managed to get the attention of some of the voice actors, Mari's specifically, so that's been a really cool extra to all this!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I think it's juts an Ultimate Edition for Anime Limited right now
    GKids website is identical to the one you linked plus an hour on the countdown

https://store.gkids.com/pages/neon-g...eva&utm_id=NGE
    Last edited by Jon; 08-16-2021 at 07:55 AM. Reason: plus... minus... who knows such things

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    One Last Kiss will be making me cry happy tears for YEARS to come. I did some fanart and managed to get the attention of some of the voice actors, Mari's specifically, so that's been a really cool extra to all this!
    Oh yes, beautiful song, both this and "beautiful world"!

BTW, i love Mary, don't get the hate for her...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Oh yes, beautiful song, both this and "beautiful world"!

BTW, i love Mary, don't get the hate for her...
    I think a lot of her original hate just came from 2.0 where Asuka was taken out of the story and people felt Mari had replaced her in the final act. Probably doesn't help her backstory was never really cleared up, but honestly i really loved her, especially her dialog with Asuka in 3.0 and Thrice (Mari is, from what i can remember, the ONLY character she's ever let get physically close to her without any invitation like she did when Shinji kissed her in the original show. Mari is just straight up all over her when they see each other in Thrice, which led me to think in the 14 years they'd actually become pretty close, albeit with Asuka still doing her best tsundere AT field and Mari blasting through it every time)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've seen NGE and EoE, but not the rebuild movies. Are they worth it??

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    I've seen NGE and EoE, but not the rebuild movies. Are they worth it??
    Yes, the first movie is pretty much a remake, but at the end of the second movie the story changes, third and fourth movie are a different take on the story (not better or worse, just different...)

I think a lot of her original hate just came from 2.0 where Asuka was taken out of the story and people felt Mari had replaced her in the final act. Probably doesn't help her backstory was never really cleared up, but honestly i really loved her, especially her dialog with Asuka in 3.0 and Thrice (Mari is, from what i can remember, the ONLY character she's ever let get physically close to her without any invitation like she did when Shinji kissed her in the original show. Mari is just straight up all over her when they see each other in Thrice, which led me to think in the 14 years they'd actually become pretty close, albeit with Asuka still doing her best tsundere AT field and Mari blasting through it every time)
    It does makes sense.
    In a way they cleared Mary's story, when Mari calls Fuyutsuki "Sensei", proving the theory that Mary studied with Gendo and Yui (she even called Gendo, "Gendo-Kun" once) and she's much older than she looks (thats why she's always singing old songs...)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes, the first movie is pretty much a remake, but at the end of the second movie the story changes, third and fourth movie are a different take on the story (not better or worse, just different...)
    Thanks, I'll check them out as soon as I finish the series I'm on.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

It does makes sense.
    In a way they cleared Mary's story, when Mari calls Fuyutsuki "Sensei", proving the theory that Mary studied with Gendo and Yui (she even called Gendo, "Gendo-Kun" once) and she's much older than she looks (thats why she's always singing old songs...)
    They do but they also don't, like how IS she there when she was clearly with Gendo and Yui? But not enough for it to be a deal breaker (My thoery is in this loop she was one of the first clones and linked with her original self at some point making her fully aware of what happened in the past and a deep understanding of the Eva's, which leads to why she is such a great pilot) but some people really don't like that they added a new character and feel Asuka should have been the one to go beast in 2.0...even though Asuka IMO becomes a much MUCH better and more rounded badass in the last 2 films.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    $275. No versions of "Fly Me To The Moon". Contains "official" sub and dub + ADV dub and sub as a bonus. I like the redesigns of the LaserDisc artwork for the packaging, but I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

https://store.gkids.com/pages/neon-g...timate-edition

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/

FASTEST.PRE-ORDER.EVER!

I was right about it not having the Rebuilds (expected) and having bother the New Netflix Dub AND original ADV dub. It's been quite the week for me and Evangelion, a pretty fucking awesome one!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Only in North America, Canada and UK? Damn, i want this set but no making it available everywere is dumb...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Only in North America, Canada and UK? Damn, i want this set but no making it available everywere is dumb...
    I believe they were also offering it Down under as well through Madmen, but i'm guessing the international rights are a little fucked!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    All the Anime gave up update this morning, stating all their UK 1,500 had sold out already, so they are adding an extra 1000 and that's it!

Interestingly they also said they'll update on 30th Aug more ways to own this collection, so that sounds like a standard edition is coming!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    i started the rebuild movies, pretty excellent seeing them updated and redone. baka shinji!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    i started the rebuild movies, pretty excellent seeing them updated and redone. baka shinji!
    The animation is top quality, feast to the eyes!

All the Anime gave up update this morning, stating all their UK 1,500 had sold out already, so they are adding an extra 1000 and that's it!

Interestingly they also said they'll update on 30th Aug more ways to own this collection, so that sounds like a standard edition is coming!!!
    Hopefully the standard edition will be available everywhere, i bought my "Cowboy Bebop" set on Amazon with no issue, i need my Evangelion set to be beside it!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The animation is top quality, feast to the eyes!

Hopefully the standard edition will be available everywhere, i bought my "Cowboy Bebop" set on Amazon with no issue, i need my Evangelion set to be beside it!
    It most likely will, they did them same with Cowboy Bebop and that Ultimate Edition as well. I just hope we get a Rebuild collection too, we didn't get a Blu-ray of 1.0 in the UK (or i just missed it completely) so i'd love one complete collection of those too...and i'd probably re-watch 3.0+1.0 a load!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Did anyone else get into anime in the early nineties as a tween, when it was a tiny little section of the Blockbuster, or mom and pop competition, called "Japanimation?"

You had your Akira, your Fist of the North Star, your Vampire Hunter D...where i lived at the time, it was literally ONE little four foot wide rack of four or five shelves- MAYBE a hundred VHS tapes in all.

I rented literally every one of those motherfuckers from like 1991-1993.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-20-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Did anyone else get into anime in the early nineties as a tween, when it was a tiny little section of the Blockbuster, or mom and pop competition, called "Japanimation?"

You had your Akira, your Fist of the North Star, your Vampire Hunter D...where i lived at the time, it was literally ONE little four foot wide rack of four or five shelves- MAYBE a hundred VHS tapes in all.

I rented literally every one of those motherfuckers from like 1991-1993.
    literally exactly my story. Except it started at Palmer Video, a NE only chain I believe at the time. There were arcade games to play right next to the "Japanimation" section, making it even more enticing. I'm talking TMNT, Simpsons, X-Men.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I admit, I caved with the NGE box set. It's upsetting FMTTM has been removed, that song always felt really important to the series.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I admit, I caved with the NGE box set. It's upsetting FMTTM has been removed, that song always felt really important to the series.
    From what i'm hearing (people to do with it are being very cagey) the music license would have been so expensive some are suggesting it would have increased the price significantly so they made the call to remove it and keep the collection "affordable". Probably also why Netflix didn't get it either, it sucks but it's what it is.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Oh... Ok.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Oh... Ok.

These photo's made me go both "cool" and "why?" at the same time. It might be good, but i need a trailer to let me see how they are handling the style, music and (most importantly) action! I swear if it's all jump cuts and half arsed i'll be pissed, the action in the anime is so DAMN GOOD and so bloody well animated it deserves respect in the live version.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I honestly don’t know why we are doing this to Cowboy Bebop.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The one time they didn't need an Asian actor for lead character...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    These photo's made me go both "cool" and "why?" at the same time. It might be good, but i need a trailer to let me see how they are handling the style, music and (most importantly) action! I swear if it's all jump cuts and half arsed i'll be pissed, the action in the anime is so DAMN GOOD and so bloody well animated it deserves respect in the live version.
    I actually really dig it... Especially Cho's look. I also wanna see what direction they go with, but I have faith that they will stay somewhat faithful to the original. I dunno... I'm keeping the glass half full on this one.