Page 90 of 137 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can kinda see Sony going full on in their own Spidey Universe now, the thing they've wanted (and failed) for years. They already have Venom, which whether you liked it or not made Sony 800 million, and they want Spidey in it. And the Spider-verse (which is the best Spidey film don't @ me!) problem is without Marvels input this will be headed by the Sony exc's...and they are fucking clueless! The only reason Spidey-verse was as good as it is was because they left the team alone (because they don't think animation is as good as 'real' films FFS) and the Spidey films had big input from Marvel and Kevin, left to their own devices we get Venom...i can't see fan's or regular film goers stick around if they do fully split.

This is also an example of Disney throwing their weight around which is a sign of times to come (as much as i like the current Disney output it is NOT good they have so much power over so many things now)

...at least we'll finally get mutants though

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    It's pretty simple, Marvel/Spider-Man fans need to say that they are going boycott any Sony related Spider-Man movie from now on if he is not part of the MCU. Show Sony they're making a mistake and now going to lose money. Venom was crap anyway and I can imagine the Spider-Man movies will go down hill without Marvel's involvement. I rather no more Spider-Man movies than shitty new ones. Sony will probably just reboot it again.
    lol, these are just movies.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    lol, these are just movies.
    Called it...
    Marvel Fans Launch Petition To Keep Spider-Man In The MCU And Threaten Sony Boycott
    https://www.nme.com/news/film/marvel...oycott-2540218

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Petitions are so worthless... I don't know why people do them, but I support the cause! Lol I'll definitely be rolling back purchases from both companies until it's resolved

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The thing is, this is kind of Disney's fault, by all accounts. Seemingly, Sony was still willing to play ball, and Disney walked away from the table.

Sony wanted to maintain the status quo, which was lucrative for everyone. Marvel wanted to go from a 5% to a 50% stake in these movies, that's nuts! Sony tried to split that difference in some unknown way, and rather than compromise Disney said no.
    This. I find it incredibly ridiculous but not at all surprising that the brunt of the response to this story amounts to "WTF SONY" when Marvel instigated all of this in the first place by getting greedy. Sony sucks and has done a lot of things to make people hate them and their brand (like The Amazing Spiderman movies) but this is 100% Marvel being pushy.

Spider-Man: Far From Home is the first mega-blockbuster crossing $1 billion in grosses this year that WASN'T distributed by Disney. They saw those returns and started licking their lips, so they tried to push for a bigger cut. When Sony rejected Marvel's proposed terms, Marvel just left the table outright, because they knew the ensuing story and the narrative around it would put pressure on Sony, not them, to compromise. And they're absolutely right. Despite the facts of the situation, Marvel fanboys are already spewing vitriol at Sony and threatening to boycott them!

I don't know it kind of freaks me out that Disney / Marvel have achieved Apple-esque cult status among a portion of their customers, to the extent that the people who constantly shell out money to them and make their movies multi-million dollar hits will enthusiastically absolve them of throwing the future IPs into question out of sheer greed.

EDIT: There is now a Hollywood Reporter article claiming Marvel was seeking a stake of at least 30% so take that as you will.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 08-21-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Oh, God. I'd hate it if this was the THIRD time that all this world-building and sequel-baiting went to waste (like with TASM2 and, to a lesser extent, the third Raimi movie).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Oh, God. I'd hate it if this was the THIRD time that all this world-building and sequel-baiting went to waste (like with TASM2 and, to a lesser extent, the third Raimi movie).
    Especially since it seemed like they were building toward the Sinister Six again, only this time it would have worked. And they had just brought J. Jonah Jameson back. Also, it was rumored that they were planning to introduce Normal Osbourne as a villain. And they left that cliffhanger of Peter's identity being outed by JJJ & Mysterio. I have hope that they'll eventually make a deal. There's already so much fan backlash.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I have hope that they'll eventually make a deal. There's already so much fan backlash.
    Plus Sony's stock dropped quite a bit after this came out, forcing Sony to make a statement saying the door is open for Marvel and further talks.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is 100% at Disney's feet, and given how much power they have i can see them getting their way eventually...but it sucks. I don't want Sony being souly in charge of Spidey because, well, they don't know what they're doing, but i also don't want Disney getting more powerful (Sony are a rival, one of few actually left!)

In other Disney/Marvel news, there are reports Disney aren't all that confident New Mutants has a large enough reach for a big box office take, and that they aren't all that impressed with the film...so many are starting to wonder if they are just going to stealth release it on a streaming service and forget about it...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney's executives"

Stan Lee’s daughter blasts Disney and Marvel over ‘Spider-Man’ split
    https://www.nme.com/news/film/stan-l...-split-2541205

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New Disney+ series for Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight were just announced at Disney's D23.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    http://collider.com/black-panther-2-release-date/

Black Panther 2 is coming in 2022.

Edit: October Midnight beat me to the Harrington news.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This sounds ridiculous but it's just hard to give a shit with the Spider-Man news. It's a lot of air out of the tires. Like I cannot for the life of me get excited for Eternals like I did for Guardians. Maybe it was the talking raccoon?

The marvel slate right now is loaded.... But honestly I don't find ND any one thing especially exciting. Much of the streaming stuff retreads the last ten years, the stuff that doesn't is very, very far out. Consider moon Knight is a pretty r rated book, that's the big think for me, but it can't be delivered that way in Disney plus.

Black Panther 2 is cool but that is three years away! Thor is more than two years away!

I don't think Disney has as good a position as they think they do.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    In some more New Mutants news/rumours (i must be the only person still talking about this) apparently Disney are now going to remove all mentions of the X-men and...Mutants from the film...WTF?! The hell is even the point of it being a film anymore, that was it's unique selling point...and IT'S IN THE TITLE!

...this movies doomed isn't it

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If thats true, they might as well just shelve it permanently.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...this movies doomed isn't it
    What has your first clue?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    If thats true, they might as well just shelve it permanently.
    It's all but official at this point that that's exactly what's happened. IF this movie ever sees the light of day, I'd almost guarantee that it won't receive a theatrical release and it will undoubtedly suffer from excessive studio tampering/meddling.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The really annoying with this is back when it was originally finished (2017 i think) it tested REALLY well, people that had seen seen it thought it was great...we'll now likely never see that film, if we see anything at all
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 09-12-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    If anything it won't do well anymore after all the hassles and will probably not be given any marketing at all. Such a bummer after the Dark Phoenix desaster... release that shit on Netflix already and at least try to save some grace!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I can't imagine how just constantly changing that movie from its original, finished state, is more cost effective than just releasing it and selling tickets already.

Such a frustrating story.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "Dark Phoenix"... I... uh... it was tough to care about anything in the movie. Individual scenes were alright and the acting was fine overall but as a whole movie, not so much. I think I liked the Nightcrawler's bamf in front of the train scene the most.

Maybe if there were a movie in between Future Past and Dark Phoenix explaining why we should care about where the characters are now, that would have helped.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 09-20-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Thoughts on awards season possibilities for Endgame? I just watched this again the other night cried like a little girl yet again.

I feel like if Black Panther deserved a mainstream blockbuster Best Picture nom, then so does this one. Obviously it won't win, but it should get nominated since they have so much leeway with that category now.

The Russo's absolutely deserve Best Director noms. Part, if you approach Endgame in the RotK vein, where you're also honoring their work on Infinity War, Civil War, etc. But think about what a Herculean task it was to juggle & keep all this stuff together across these past two movies, and still deliver an excellent movie. It should also be nominated and win for Editing for the same reasons.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I dunno, i loved Endgame but i'm not sure it'll be seen by award voters as anything other than a blockbuster/popcorn movie.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 1 for the first time and it was an incredibly flawed movie, it frankly boggles my mind that there were people making claims that this was the darker, more faithful to the comics alternative to Raimi's trilogy, don't get me wrong, Raimi's trilogy does distance itself from the comic in few areas, particularly Peter's spider-webs being in his body rather than being tools he creates.

Either way, these movies aged far worse than Raimi's movies ever could, the soundtrack was so out of place, rarely does soundtrack distract me to the extend it did here, I don't know how to describe it but it just felt out of place and generic.

Uncle Ben's death was comical, he went full "oWo what's this" on a dropped gun and got gunned down, I was baffled with how poorly they handled his death scene, all I was thinking about how stupid he was.

I don't think I need to go on further, I could, but I assume everyone has already discussed the flaws of this movie to death, but I still felt the need to rant after seeing it, I am not looking forward watching the second one, I've heard the horror stories.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    This news makes me so happy and relieved! I'm glad they came to their Spidey senses and can at least finish the story threads that involve the MCU.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Just one is a bit disappointing.... And no venom still!

Way better than nothing, of course

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Spider-Man: Homecoming... Again

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Just one is a bit disappointing.... And no venom still!

Way better than nothing, of course

I mean it's one more Spider-Man movie, plus one more MCU appearance (most likely the next Avengers team-up movie), so it's actually two more movies. Also, I'm sure once this deal is up, they'll renegotiate once more just like they did this time. If it ain't broke (and they're both making hundreds of millions of dollars), they'll probably keep it going as long as it's mutually beneficial to both companies, which it obviously is. As for Venom, I suspect that Spidey will make at least a cameo appearance in Venom 2 and probably Morbius as well, then have a much larger role in Venom 3, maybe some kind of loose Maximum Carnage event? I'm actually excited to see what they do with all of these franchises now.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-30-2019 at 01:50 AM.