Page 22 of 131 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines:

1. I'm sick of these songs telling that there's a slut in every girl, even if the girl pretends to be "good". And the lyrics express how much fun it is to finally free that inner slut and it's the more fun, the more the girl previously pretended to be good. Basically, we're all having fun when the boy finds a good girl, finally gets her to admit to her slutty ways, and then he discards her for another girl.
    2. Shame on Miley Cyrus for performing exactly the kind of act that these songs are about. Oh, she was such a good girl, and now she's such a slut, and first we praised her into heaven and now we can curse her to hell for her slutty ways.
    2. Shame for stealing that Marvin Gaye groove and making such drivel danceable.
    also, shame on miley for all of the cultural appropriation/misrepresentation and literal use of people of color as props.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I just watched some video where two tigers fight in slo mo to some shitty 2 step/jungle hybrid... Officially starting to feel old

what's the hoo ha with miley cyrus now? I heard it was a performance of a pop song that alluded to sexuality in some way. Whatever next

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Five Finger Discount and Tech N9ne did a cover of LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out", I'll just leave this here.
    God every passing day that I see one more thing from Tech N9ne, it makes me embarrassed to be from Kansas City.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    This shit is so bad...so fucking bad that it comes with a story. *cracks knuckles*

Band that writes arguably the most racist song, 'Asian Girlz', ever swears it's not racist.

No really...
    Not that the song is isn't awful and racist, and I do think they thought they were being cheeky, I would argue that David Allen Coe had written much worse songs when it comes to racial profiling. This is more a stab at the need for sensationalism on the part of who wrote the piece not any particular opinion stated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Not that the song is isn't awful and racist, and I do think they thought they were being cheeky, I would argue that David Allen Coe had written much worse songs when it comes to racial profiling. This is more a stab at the need for sensationalism on the part of who wrote the piece not any particular opinion stated.
    I would've never thought a band that sounds like a Train ripoff would write something like that.

I actually watched that VMA "performance" yesterday and came to a few conclusions.

1. Miss. Cyrus looks like a wet cat.

2. At 24 I've seen so many women take the "sex it up" career move it's not even shocking anymore.

3. Mr. Thicke and most pop singers needs to go away. I've never had respect for the entertainers who are just pretty faces and nothing more.

4. About halfway through it dawned on me that all Top 40's radio is desperately clamoring for our attention. Just like those "Asian girls" guys they have to do something to stand out. If they don't they'll be lost in the wave of shit music.
    So how do you something to stand out? By being as in your face and obnoxious as possible, and you know what, it's working. That "performance" was actually them selling themselves to stay within the minds of consumers. By the end I actually felt bad for Miley, this is the path that most female singers have to go down now to stay relevant. Is there another way, sure there is, but so many have gone this way it's just become the default path. Plus the people making money off of her aren't going to tell her any better. As long as she fills their pockets they won't complain.

5. Sidney Lumet's Network was well ahead of it's time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That new Eminem single is absolutely terrible.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    pretty sure i just threw up.

yup.

i fear for the future of the human race when her and nickelback guy start having babies.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

*dies*

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Avril Lavigne has always sucked and now that she's trying to cash in on her new fake 'relevancy' by marrying the Nickelback failure founder, she's gotten even worse. You're not edgy or a super cool 'rawk chick' anymore. Maybe you kinda were in 2002 but in 2013? Piss off.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-28-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: punctuation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Poor Billy Zane, this is what it has all come down to...being in a Avril Lavigne music video

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Poor Billy Zane, this is what it has all come down to...being in a Avril Lavigne music video
    I saw an article on HitFlix and it showed images of that video. The pic of Avril making out with Danica McKellar looked terrible because McKellar definitely seemed uncomfortable. Billy Zane... why?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    ] Billy Zane... why?
    Because he put the diamond in the coat!

AND HE PUT THE COAT ON HER!!!!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    More Avril "Goodness"
    "I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."
    This will be right on my gravestone...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 08-27-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Comparing herself with Sid... I can't believe she still tries.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    "I don't care if I'm a misfit...I like it better than the hipster bullshit."

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines:

1. I'm sick of these songs telling that there's a slut in every girl, even if the girl pretends to be "good". And the lyrics express how much fun it is to finally free that inner slut and it's the more fun, the more the girl previously pretended to be good. Basically, we're all having fun when the boy finds a good girl, finally gets her to admit to her slutty ways, and then he discards her for another girl.
    2. Shame on Miley Cyrus for performing exactly the kind of act that these songs are about. Oh, she was such a good girl, and now she's such a slut, and first we praised her into heaven and now we can curse her to hell for her slutty ways.
    2. Shame for stealing that Marvin Gaye groove and making such drivel danceable.
    This x100. Also people in the Caribbean were dancing that 'twerking' shit for years only it didn't have a stupid name! Old, very old.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Avril kind of is like Sid. Pre packaged, barely talented, producers covered for him, pure image for sales sake. I don't think he ever actually played a single note on the record. She probably played more shows that he did. I suppose he was more dangerous with the drugs and murder suicide thing, but as a marketing tool I can completely see the connection with Avril. Their relevance lies in generating publicity, not in their musical output.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    Avril kind of is like Sid. Pre packaged, barely talented, producers covered for him, pure image for sales sake. I don't think he ever actually played a single note on the record. She probably played more shows that he did. I suppose he was more dangerous with the drugs and murder suicide thing, but as a marketing tool I can completely see the connection with Avril. Their relevance lies in generating publicity, not in their musical output.
    I'm a Sex Pistols fan and a moderate Vicious fan (even though his playing and overall demeanor is laughably bad and mediocre in the grand scale of things) but he has been remembered, obviously, since his death which happened in 1979. Not bad to be remembered this long when your output was so little and terrible if you ask me. It's all about staying power and not just about the murder/suicide with Nancy Spungen.

I guarantee people will look back in the 2030's and Avril Lavigne will be no where in the history of music. There's nothing there.

Ah, who am I kidding. I might like Sex Pistols but Sid was and still is a joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That is a great point I overlooked. Sid is still remembered, he has staying power as an icon, as a posterboy, and Avril likely hasn't had that kind of affect. She won't be quoted on posters for decades or symbolize an era in music any more than Sierra or Bubba Sparx. So I'll rescind my previous post as it lacked proper context.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^ What Space said: everyone knows that Sid Vicious didn't had any musical talent... yet no one represented punk better than him...
    and that's what makes him and the Sex Pistols relevant (plus Glenn Matlock was a REAL talent, he and Rotten wrote great songs)

And that's the main difference between Avril and Vicious: Vicious and the Pistols were relevant in a way she'll never be...

She WISHES she would be as relevant as any punk icon, yet she has no idea about punk to begin with... (and the fact that she compares to the "untalented" -yet iconic- Vicious makes it funny in a way), it's ironic she doesn't realize she's even a bigger Diva than Britney...
    I can even see a "punkier" attitude in M.I.A. or even Lady Gaga, but i guess Avril thinks that putting up a tie with a tank top is a huge punk statement...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Avril Lavigne, just shut up. You're embarassing us all with all of this faux "rawk chick" wank.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I dont like Macklemore at all. I dont like his music, i dont like looking at his face.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I dont like Macklemore at all. I dont like his music, i dont like looking at his face.
    someone told me that i look like macklemore before i even knew who he was (i literally said "what the hell is a macklemore?"), and then i got offended when i looked him up online (to be fair, our hair is similar). this is me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I'd be passing by the magazine section whenever I'm getting groceries or something and I just see his face on the cover of Rolling Stone. I see his face and I want to punch it. He looks so smug.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The new Avenged Sevenfold is #1 album in the UK. Thank you UK. I wasn't even aware these douchebags still had an audience, let alone such a massive one.
    The new Five Finger Death Punch is #2 album in the US. Double-yuk.
    Mainstream metal is probably in the shittiest place it's been since the 1980s.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    The new Avenged Sevenfold is #1 album in the UK. Thank you UK. I wasn't even aware these douchebags still had an audience, let alone such a massive one.
    The new Five Finger Death Punch is #2 album in the US. Double-yuk.
    Mainstream metal is probably in the shittiest place it's been since the 1980s.
    Your avatar is a my little pony character, your opinion is invalid.

That being said A7X blows.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Says SpongeBob...

That is depressing news.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    "here I am, rock you like a hurricane" don't hurricanes kill people? Even the rest of the lyrics are a horrid mess. Gotta love Scorpions.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Avenged Sevenfold is crap, period