Page 477 of 485 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,310 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    The Seth thing has got to be a work. He and Punk at Mania is money and they both know that.
    Yeah, turns out it was.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I honestly can't tell if it's a work. I saw a few different angles of the moment it all happened and one of them you can clearly hear Michael Cole telling some of the refs that they're going to keep Seth separated and let all the others go to the back first to create some space. The looks on all of the refs and ringside crew did NOT read like it was a work. Everyone seemed very intense and worried and Seth looks legitimately furious.

If it's a work, it was an extremely well executed one. But part of me knows that WWE wouldn't openly allow one of their wrestlers to scream "FUCK YOU" over and over and over and over regardless of cameras being on or not. I also suspect Mcintyre's hasty exit had something to do with Phil's arrival, despite him giving the ol Irish Goodbye before Phil even showed up.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I think this is the beginning of the end for Punk in AEW, he'll leave on his own

I think Punk will end up in WWE (ew...) but it's for the best of all parts involved...
    Yeah, still as true now as it was when i posted it.

The best part is that maybe it'll end the tribalism in this thread (and on any wrestling site in general), thank god
    Sadly this shit is still going, this used to be my favorite thread from this forum *sigh*

Also: Please, the whole Seth/Drew is such a work, are you guys really that naive? lol...

Punk came to do business, Seth knows it as well as HHH

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Also: Please, the whole Seth/Drew is such a work, are you guys really that naive? lol...
    They're 100% going to go with the "no one wants you here" angle. Punk HAS start this run as a heel, only the worst of the worst would cheer him as a face out of the gates after his absolute diasterterous last 2 years and firing. If he could stfu and keep to himself for longer than 5 minutes i'd love for him to get a "I want to destroy this company" stable like the NWO (or Retribution lmao)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Unintentionally hilarious. This stupid horseshit writes itself.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    They're 100% going to go with the "no one wants you here" angle. Punk HAS start this run as a heel, only the worst of the worst would cheer him as a face out of the gates after his absolute diasterterous last 2 years and firing. If he could stfu and keep to himself for longer than 5 minutes i'd love for him to get a "I want to destroy this company" stable like the NWO (or Retribution lmao)
    Yeah, it's the best storyline for him, really.

Punk got a "heroes welcome" last night because it was Chicago, but he's going to end up as a heel and makes a lot of sense, just like you guys said this shit writes itself.

I was quite happy without watching the WWE and their never-ending RAWs, but now I'll have to, damn...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I agree he will need to be a heel. Chicago will be to him as Canada was to Bret and he has no doubt already considered this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I agree he will need to be a heel. Chicago will be to him as Canada was to Bret and he has no doubt already considered this.
    Eaxctly and makes sense since he's a big Bret mark...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    "I've changed"

lol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    "I've changed"

lol
    Literally he took his ball and went home a few months earlier, lol

But i loved when he was honest for once: "Not here to make friends, here to make money..."

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    QT Marshall is done with AEW as of December 31st and I couldn’t be happier.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The whole Punk thing is laughable. He trashed WWE so much. He burned the bridge with AEW. Now he has to kiss ass and make nice because there’s nowhere else to go that’s viable. Mania will be interesting. I’ll bet he just stole a main event from someone.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    The whole Punk thing is laughable. He trashed WWE so much. He burned the bridge with AEW. Now he has to kiss ass and make nice because there’s nowhere else to go that’s viable. Mania will be interesting. I’ll bet he just stole a main event from someone.
    He looks like a fucking fool and it's easy to ridicule.

I'm sure he will, it's the same stuff he whined about in 2013 with The Rock.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The Royal Rumble? Orton? Continental Classic? MJF’s injuries? Who’s the devil?

Or we retitle/split the thread—Irrational hatred of CM Punk.

This is getting old. Lots of short sighted nonsense being said. He doesn’t need wrestling or money. He wants both. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Why does this thread need to be split when you're literally the only person who can't mentally handle that not many other wrestling fans on ETS like CM Punk? Just move the fuck on with your inability to process that information my guy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Professional Wrestling

The Royal Rumble? Orton? Continental Classic? MJF’s injuries? Who’s the devil?

Or we retitle/split the thread—Irrational hatred of CM Punk.

This is getting old. Lots of short sighted nonsense being said. He doesn’t need wrestling or money. He wants both. Simple as that.
    Irrational, how? That sounds more like denial. He possibly irreparably damaged AEW. AEW hasn’t been the same since his first tantrum. It’s not irrational. I don’t hate the guy. I just don’t think he’s worth the hassle. Is it irrational that he screwed over AEW AND TNT with collision, another thing damaged by Punk. He’s no saint.

I judge by what I see and hear. That’s not irrational.

Also, no, he doesn’t NEED anything. He’s set. He has the itch to work and get more retirement money. He’s not going to get away with the shit he pulled in AEW. So, it’s really a wait and see. He’s not an idiot though.
    Last edited by Piko; 12-04-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Second to last time I’m addressing the childish (and bigoted) asshole who likened Chicago to MAGA—you contribute nothing of value.

The Bucks and Hangman also factored into what happened in AEW, and I also like them, but Tony should’ve sat them all down and resolved it, ultimately. There’s just as many folks in AEW that liked Punk and are upset he’s gone. Yet nobody aside from a couple of us here ever talk about that. The Bucks didn’t want Punk on Dynamite hence the creation of Collision. Or it could have been a legal aspect too? I heard a few things factored in, not just Punk.

I’m far from the only person annoyed with the direction of this thread. Just say you hate him and let’s please talk wrestling again except the every move is manufactured dope I don’t ever want to see and hear from again. I have zero issues with everyone else.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-04-2023 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post

Also, no, he doesn’t NEED anything. He’s set. He has the itch to work and get more retirement money. He’s not going to get away with the shit he pulled in AEW. So, it’s really a wait and see. He’s not an idiot though.
    Fair for the most part

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dude your family must fucking HATE being around you. You sound like the absolute most miserable son of a bitch I've ever met.

LOL You call me childish and "bigoted" because I don't like Phil? WHO FUCKING CAAAAAARES. Jesus christ MOOOVE THE FUCK OOOOON. It's a fucking WRESTLING THREAD on a fucking dumb NINE INCH NAILS Fan Forum. The fact that you are STILL THIS upset that someone you've never met face to face and never will doesn't share the same glowing opinion about a guy who pretends to fight people for a living is hilariously pathetic.

Grow up, move on, and accept that not everyone in the world is going to share your intense passionate love for Philip Brooks, you fucking C H I L D.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    More projecting. I’m shocked. The people in my life love me. I’m genuine which you don’t even know how to be. You’re a living Pitchfork review—zero substance with a manufactured personality. A sad troll spouting words and running from his own disappointing empty life full of hyperbolic nonsense opinions that are easily dismantled. You’re a bigot because you said Chicago fans are like MAGA. I don’t care if you hate CM Punk. I’m tired of it being the only thing going on in this thread which I have been quite clear on. Stop talking to me and about me.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-04-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Do you even know what a Bigot is…? Comparing the behavior of one egomaniacal dudes fanbase to another egomaniacal dudes fanbase hardly counts as “bigotry”.

Also I’m most definitely going to keep trolling your whiney ass because you won’t shut the fuck up about how persecuted you are for liking Phil (sound familiar?).

Stupid is as stupid does man. Act like a fuckin Baby Boomer on Facebook and throw a temper tantrum every time someone disagrees with you, you’re gonna get treated like one.
    Last edited by richardp; 12-04-2023 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Speaking of stupid, how many times have I stated I do not care if you or anyone else hates Punk but that I’d love to just talk about anything else in wrestling?

Eveything with you is projection and trolling. It’s weak sauce. You have nothing here and it’s transparent.

Just word salad with buzz words but when those comparisons and insults don’t land, it’s like a dopey hipster ChatGPT. That’s you. Oh, the void personality used “Facebook” and “Boomer.”
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-04-2023 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    There’s no way Okada leaves NJPW next year. I’d be very surprised anyway. The promotion is built around him. He’s likely just putting that out there to get more money and hey, good move on his part.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Dumbass

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Hey @richardp

I'm getting a lot of noise from a lot of people about your posts in this thread. Rather than address everyone individually, I'm making this public statement. I recognize that talking shit is a part of professional wrestling in general, but please tone it down my dude. If you'd like to have a conversation about this, I'm happy to take it to DMs, or email me - leviathant@gmail.com.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Dumbass
    Footage of Swykk when someone says anything negative about Philip Brooks.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Never jump the rail. Ever.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    QT Marshall is done with AEW as of December 31st and I couldn’t be happier.
    Is he going to train Jade, maybe?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He does have the connection with Cody so it’s possible.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Is he going to train Jade, maybe?
    I could see him going to WWE as a trainer. And Okada leaving NJPW is a real possibility. If AEW can lock down Ospreay without him moving to the states, why not Okada? I think he’s done all he could do there imo. Plus, there’s a rumor they can barely afford him.