Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Selling my house. In a property market like Sydney's was, and is becoming, this is a great thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    Selling my house. In a property market like Sydney's was, and is becoming, this is a great thing.
    Definitely getting around to it at the right time, well done.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The wife is getting her eyebrows threaded at the place where I get mine done, the super awesome really pushy Russian lady waves me to come over because she's not about to let me sit and not give her money. (This is the same lady to demanded a tip from a girl who didn't give her one one time, awesome) I told her I'm getting over a cold and would visit her in a few days. The lady pulls a ricola out of her drawer and tosses it to me.

Love her.
    i knew your eyebrows couldn't be that naturally fantastic.

my wife calls mine "worbeyes" because the go the opposite direction of most people's; they're thin in the center of my face and thick at the ends. i also get one or two really long, blonde hairs in each of them that make me feel like i'm turning into a Klingon.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i knew your eyebrows couldn't be that naturally fantastic.

my wife calls mine "worbeyes" because the go the opposite direction of most people's; they're thin in the center of my face and thick at the ends. i also get one or two really long, blonde hairs in each of them that make me feel like i'm turning into a Klingon.

Dude de threading is AWESOME. But my brows are so goddamned thing sometimes they actually fucking bleed from threading lol

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dude de threading is AWESOME. But my brows are so goddamned thing sometimes they actually fucking bleed from threading lol
    That's why I get mine waxed, ZING it's all gone at once.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Realizing further and deeper reasons behind the importance and overall benefits that smiling and laughter seems to give and receive. It seems to have also helped me become more grateful and appreciative.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I got the new stephen king book. I can't get the picture to upload.
    But, Praise Jesus.
    Stephen King is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.
    I will probably read the whole fucking thing tonight

Few things make me as happy. It's on par with a new NIN record to me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend threaded my eyebrows in high school one time. it hurt a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In the days leading up to Thanksgiving (Sunday-Wednesday), I made my first trip to the birding mecca that is southern Arizona with two other birders, one a friend I'd known for several years and the other someone I hadn't met until the trip. Prior to leaving, I needed to see 6 new birds to reach 500 on my life list; by the time I returned home on Wednesday afternoon, I'd seen 7 lifers, bringing my life list up to 501 species.

My milestone #500 bird? Late afternoon on Monday, November 23, a single Yellow-eyed Junco, a specialty of the southeastern Arizona mountains, seen hanging out with its much more widespread counterpart, a Dark-eyed Junco, as the three of us were headed up Miller Canyon in the Huachucas to see some Spotted Owls, which we did, courtesy of the guiding services of the man who lives on the ranch catered to birders at the base of the trail. The junco may not be the most charismatic of birds, but because it was my 500th life bird, it managed to compete with birds as grand as Spotted Owls and as rare (in the USA) as a Sinaloa Wren for the title of "most memorable sighting of the day." It's just too bad I couldn't get a photo of my landmark sighting, but that's only a minor complaint in the scheme of things.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    the smell of the lining of a motorcycle helmet. it's distinct, and it lingers from the ride until you wash your hair. it reminds you of all the fun you've just had.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avesjohn View Post
    In the days leading up to Thanksgiving (Sunday-Wednesday), I made my first trip to the birding mecca that is southern Arizona with two other birders, one a friend I'd known for several years and the other someone I hadn't met until the trip. Prior to leaving, I needed to see 6 new birds to reach 500 on my life list; by the time I returned home on Wednesday afternoon, I'd seen 7 lifers, bringing my life list up to 501 species.
    You know, the only time in my life I considered birding was here in Australia. In the 6 years I've been here I've seen some crazy birds. Now that I'm leaving on Thursday, though, it's a bit late to start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know, the only time in my life I considered birding was here in Australia. In the 6 years I've been here I've seen some crazy birds. Now that I'm leaving on Thursday, though, it's a bit late to start.
    Australia has always been high on my list of places to go birding someday, mostly because the wildlife there is so extraordinarily different from anything we have here in the States. (My other "top" destinations being South America and Africa - which naturally are the two most bird-rich continents, with over 3,000+ species each, more than a third of the world's birds.) Well, I'm young; I'll get my chance to see Oz and those other international locations sooner or later...
    Last edited by avesjohn; 11-29-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Flicking through my pictures from last week and thinking of all the fun I had in NYC.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    No way you've been there for 6 years?! And you're leaving? Where? why?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    See Canada thread

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I know, it's crazy I've been in Australia that long. Sydney is now my 3rd-most lived place. This actually cheers me up, so...posting relevance.

1. West Brook, Nova Scotia, Canada: 18 years
    2. London, United Kingdom: 9 years
    3. Sydney, Australia: just over 6 years
    4. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: just under 6 years*
    5. Ottawa, Canada: 5 years
    6. Pembroke, Ontario, Canada: 1.5 years
    7. Toronto, Canada: 1 year
    8. Deep River, Ontario, Canada: 2 months.

*Change imminent.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I know, it's crazy I've been in Australia that long. Sydney is now my 3rd-most lived place. This actually cheers me up, so...posting relevance.

1. West Brook, Nova Scotia, Canada: 18 years
    2. London, United Kingdom: 9 years
    3. Sydney, Australia: just over 6 years
    4. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: just under 6 years*
    5. Ottawa, Canada: 5 years
    6. Pembroke, Ontario, Canada: 1.5 years
    7. Toronto, Canada: 1 year
    8. Deep River, Ontario, Canada: 2 months.

*Change imminent.
    Wow, you're old

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow, you're old
    Yeah, LIKE YOU'RE NOT, HA!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Thanks for defending me, young lady.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Thanks for defending me, young lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You're both grounded for being sassy!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Whoops, when I 'liked' that it was because I thought we were grounded for being sexy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Whoops, when I 'liked' that it was because I thought we were grounded for being sexy.
    We're both January babies. "Sassy" = sexy.

Cheers me up: The Mayor of Chicago fired the police superintendent. At least it's a start.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm now over a month without having self-harmed at any point, the longest I've gone without doing so since I started again this April. It's a little uncomfortable to talk about but I'm really proud of myself for stopping for this long and hopefully never starting again.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

I seriously cannot stop laughing at this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm now over a month without having self-harmed at any point, the longest I've gone without doing so since I started again this April. It's a little uncomfortable to talk about but I'm really proud of myself for stopping for this long and hopefully never starting again.
    as someone who dealt with that for YEARS (bundled with my eating disorders and various other things), i can say that i'm proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself. every little victory is worth celebrating. stay strong and keep going.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Cheers me up: selling my second car 36 hours before leaving the country. Whew!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    '

Hawt

Getting almost all my Christmas shopping done already. I rawk!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit .....
    Last edited by kel; 08-19-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Cheers me up: family agreeing not to buy Xmas gifts, because it's wasteful and pointless.

Cheers me up: I like the person my company has hired to replace me here in Australia.

Cheers me up: our families being super-excited to see us return to Canada tomorrow (though it will be a very long flight).

Cheers me up: knowing I have lounge access at the LA and Toronto stops on our flights back to Nova Scotia tomorrow.

Cheers me up: my customers here in Australia telling me they'll miss me.

Cheers me up: having to drink all the booze we don't want to pack or pay duty for.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Won a neat little flash fiction contest. Just a weekly thing and no big prize or anything, but it was a fun little thing I did on a whim and it's cool to get some praise, especially from people who look at a lot of stuff every week.

Oh, and I've now dropped four jean sizes in the past year and a half, with no signs of stopping anytime soon, so that rocks. Maybe not such a little thing though. Only twenty pounds away from finally being back in my target weight range, and then another ten from my personal goal. I've been lifting a lot and I know that adds muscle weight and I've gotten a bit bulkier from it, but regardless, say six months from now I should be in the best shape of my life so far, which is a really awesome feeling. And I wish I could say there isn't a petty sense of "That'll show them!" towards all the people throughout my life who made me feel awful over my body image and eating disorder, but there totally is that petty sense somewhere in there, and, to be honest, it's pretty great.