Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    My US box is still sealed.
    I'm a collector, you know?
    I ordered an extra US box for a dutch collector friend. Still waiting for his report.
    I listened to three vinyls and on several parts of the tracks I hear distortion and crackling. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Guys, the word "vinyl" in reference to gramophone records is an uncountable noun... the plural is "vinyl", not "vinyls", JFYI.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Guys, the word "vinyl" in reference to gramophone records is an uncountable noun... the plural is "vinyl", not "vinyls", JFYI.
    Not in British English

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Not in the netherlands

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Look it up... if your dictionary says "uncountable" before the definition you're using, then use of the plural is incorrect.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got #675. Very nice package, back into the box and into storage with Ghosts Deluxe it goes. Edit: mine has the ribbon for getting the USB out
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 05-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Look it up... if your dictionary says "uncountable" before the definition you're using, then use of the plural is incorrect.
    OK. To stay a little 'on topic'
    On several tracks,
    Vinyl 1a sounds shit
    Vinyl 1b sounds shit
    Vinyl 2b sounds shit
    Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
    My dutch collector friend also confirmed a few bad sound errors. He has an US box.
    I cannot imagine that we are the only ones.
    Last edited by witte; 05-25-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    On several tracks,
    Vinyl 1a sounds shit
    Vinyl 1b sounds shit
    Vinyl 2b sounds shit
    Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
    My dutch collector friend also confirmed a few bad sound errors. He has an US box.
    Does your friend have errors in the same tracks/areas, or in other parts? Now I'm concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On several tracks,
    Vinyl 1a sounds shit
    Vinyl 1b sounds shit
    Vinyl 2b sounds shit
    Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
    i have a US box. mine had some sound errors too. i thought it was my turntable acting up. i'll probably listen to again soon and make notes of when it happens.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Not in British English
    Plenty of our fellow uk country folk say "vinyls" and are just as wrong as our us cousins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    finally got it!
    1350/3000
    http://instagr.am/p/LLRkAMiqw6/
    flash razor is cool
    the chain is pretty long! what are you guys doing with yours if you're going to wear it? take some of the links away?
    Last edited by acidpolly; 05-28-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    finally got it!
    1350/3000
    http://instagr.am/p/LLRkAMiqw6/
    flash razor is cool
    the chain is pretty long! what are you guys doing with yours if you're going to wear it? take some of the links away?
    If I don't end up cancelling mine (reported sound errors in this thread sorta have me back on the fence and it hasn't shipped from amazon.ca yet), I plan to remove the links on mine if needed. It would probably look stupid if worn hanging down too long, depending on the person. Plan to use Rooney promo pics as a reference for the potential length.
    Last edited by blassster; 06-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i got mie last week,no.2947
    after i payed 360$ (shippment incl.(germany)) i had to pay 66€ for duty-(was really mad about that one).
    but i dont care much though, cuz its worth every cent,the quality and artwork is amazing...
    i didnt have the time yet to hear all of the vinyls so i cant say anything about the sound issues (but as i looked through them i recognized some quality differences-width differences on one and the same vinyl)...
    the thing i really shit around with is the usb drive....i plug it in, its recognized but i cant c any data.
    it keeps telling me insert disc or shit like that...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've listened to all 6 records in my set and NONE of them sound like shit. They all sound incredible, with no distortion or crackling.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Then you are a lucky guy.

I'll listen to the last three vinyl (s) next days (work and back from a festival) and will give some feedback here.
    By the way: still no response from Topspin till now.
    Last edited by witte; 06-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone wanna buy my super ultimate deluxe? I haven't even opened the shipping box.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    Anyone wanna buy my super ultimate deluxe? I haven't even opened the shipping box.
    I'll give you £30 and a hamburger for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The score for TGWTDT wasn't as strong as either composers' previous works, either alone or together.

I think this is why I passed on the deluxe version. :/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Then you are a lucky guy.

I'll listen to the last three vinyl (s) next days (work and back from a festival) and will give some feedback here.
    By the way: still no response from Topspin till now.
    Resumé: I listened to the complete album. The first three vinyls have several parts with bad sound. Record 4 I heard one bad moment. The rest is fine. Still no reply from my claim. I think we must forget this complete nightmare as quickly as possible.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Can I be honest? I mean this in no disrespect, but A LOT of this complaining is just coming off as ungrateful.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    My dear friend, I am a music lover and when I buy music, I want to listen to that music. And when I pay $300 for a 6 vinyl album I want at least normal quality where I can listen to. Nothing more, nothing less. And if they don't manage to do that, I have the right to complain.

Respect to you too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Can I be honest? I mean this in no disrespect, but A LOT of this complaining is just coming off as ungrateful.
    Perhaps it should be pointed out that any potential "ungratefulness" would be aimed at the manufacturer, and not Trent and Atticus, as these are all manufacturing issues. Perhaps the only thing that could truly be aimed at Trent and Atticus (and probably Rob too) is the fact that they chose this manufacturer instead of Artist in Residence this time, though, since we don't know the manufacturer (as far as I know), this may be the first time there've been so many problems with a package.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My dear friend, I am a music lover and when I buy music, I want to listen to that music. And when I pay $300 for a 6 vinyl album I want at least normal quality where I can listen to. Nothing more, nothing less. And if they don't manage to do that, I have the right to complain.

Respect to you too.
    No I think I was more or less not directing that at people who are upset about the vinyl quality but the people who are canceling their orders based solely on what other people are saying about bad mouthing the product before they've even gotten their hands on it, and stuff like that. And I'm not singling anybody out in particular, I've just been seeing a lot of unnecessary negative shit talking on this set. And not just from ETS, but all over. This is just my opinion, though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I fucking received my package without any notice ! http://instagr.am/p/LcreXfC6nX/ i'm 1443
    If you are still waiting: I ordered very late from UK my vague "order shipped" mail was mailed 1 month ago it NEVER been updated online i never received any more mail since. I live in Paris, France, code+6 floors, without elevator, believe me, it been 3 years since french post refuse to deliver me, they don't even enter the bulding anymore. Well this time this wasn't french post, i gave all details for delivering, and they did came to deliver ! So i consider myself lucky, because other pals here ordered from USA, they did receive real mail from admin@inhance.net or ... fucking customs mails asking for an extra 66€, and i don't know who is really delivering these locally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't think this has been covered yet, but my Blu Ray player won't play the .FLAC's directly from the USB. Anyone know the easiest way to make a DVD-AUDIO disc? I use mac and have DVD studio pro 4. Couldn't find it in any of the documentation, but I could be looking for the wrong terms.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoottofill View Post
    Don't think this has been covered yet, but my Blu Ray player won't play the .FLAC's directly from the USB. Anyone know the easiest way to make a DVD-AUDIO disc? I use mac and have DVD studio pro 4. Couldn't find it in any of the documentation, but I could be looking for the wrong terms.
    Wow you should upgradre Bluray, tablet, and computer... my bluray player is working fine : http://instagr.am/p/LctWyMC6ns and my tablet too http://instagr.am/p/LfJds5C6gY

DVD audio is long time dead, this page provide free PC tools, links and specifications http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly it is a new Blu ray player. It will play the .mp3s but not the .FLACs. Thanks for the link, will try it tonight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoottofill View Post
    Sadly it is a new Blu ray player. It will play the .mp3s but not the .FLACs. Thanks for the link, will try it tonight.
    You could also try converting those .FLAC to uncompressed 24/96 .WAV and see if the player accepts it. I use dBpoweramp for this type of thing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Or 24/48 to save space as that's all they are anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it doesn't like wav either. man i picked a shitty player.