Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finished MGS2, decided to start on MGS3 but noticed in the menu there was the original Metal Gear games listed there... i had no idea these were even part of this HD collection! Totally loaded up Metal Gear, holy crap haha what a difference going back to 1987, wow!! i can't believe how similar the ideas still were for this old of a game with regards to inventory and weapon selection.

I'm very unfamiliar with the story in these older games, i didn't even know that Solid Snake was the character you played as even this far back, i recall the second Metal Gear game having Solid Snake in the title but aside from that i never read did much research on it and i figured for the first game it'd be Big Boss or something but i guess that's where Snake Eater and Peace Walker come in to play as prequel type stories.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally sold this bad boy on eBay, I contemplated for months but honestly, I sold my Gamecube so why keep a game I can't play?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So that one was just a remake of the first MGS correct?

Nothing different about it aside from graphics between PS1 and Gamecube?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    So that one was just a remake of the first MGS correct?

Nothing different about it aside from graphics between PS1 and Gamecube?
    Cut scenes were different and were made really OTT with the action sequences. Also the entire voice overs were recroded (with the same cast). IMO the original was much, much better but essentially it is just a straight forward remake of the first MGS.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yeah the new cutscenes were poor.. but it was nice to look around in first person and headshot everyone.. I still have my copy which I can play on the wii, but no memory cards etc.. After visiting Shadow moses in MGS4 I was really up for another remake, but really, the PSX version is still playable and full of polygon and pixely charm.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Oh wow, Peace Walker sure is weird. I guess that's PSP and platform limitations for you lol

No moving while prone instead the opposite this time you can move while crouched, no moving while in wall cover, no CQC neck breaking, no body dragging, no first person or first person leaning/peeking....

Damn.. this game is going to prove to be the most challenging to play i think.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Metal Gear Solid

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Cut scenes were different and were made really OTT with the action sequences. Also the entire voice overs were recroded (with the same cast). IMO the original was much, much better but essentially it is just a straight forward remake of the first MGS.
    Actually. Gray Fox has a different voice actor. I didn't realize it until I replayed the original, a little while back.

Oh wow, Peace Walker sure is weird. I guess that's PSP and platform limitations for you lol

No moving while prone instead the opposite this time you can move while crouched, no moving while in wall cover, no CQC neck breaking, no body dragging, no first person or first person leaning/peeking....

Damn.. this game is going to prove to be the most challenging to play i think.
    Yeah, that took some getting used to. Aside from Portable Ops, its one I've never finished. I'll be fine to never play PO again though. I need to finish PW someday.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Fuck me sideways!

How the hell do you get past the electrocution torture cutscene in Peace Walker??

MY FUCKING ARM IS BURNING!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuck me sideways!

How the hell do you get past the electrocution torture cutscene in Peace Walker??

MY FUCKING ARM IS BURNING!
    No idea as I was the co-op client during that segment but it was extremely difficult with button tapping my friend told me. In co-op he told me when I escaped the cell and cut the power to the block it let the torture/button mashing ease up so no idea how you do solo.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Man this is really getting frustrating, I'm clearly going to have to take a breather for a while before i try again, my arm has practically locked up after the 13289572398759287598325 time.

EDIT: HAH I BEAT IT! I used the back of a spoon and rubbed it side to side over the button and it seemed to work perfectly.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-12-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Two hour campaign... Additional couple hours, maybe on the Extra Ops missions. I may hold off until it drops in price. 40 bucks is a little much for a two hour game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Two hour campaign... Additional couple hours, maybe on the Extra Ops missions. I may hold off until it drops in price. 40 bucks is a little much for a two hour game.
    I'm still buying it for Xbox One physically (game save carry over to real MGSV) but that news isn't attractive. I'll play it to death with multiple approaches and go for achievements. I'll get 40.00 worth out of it. Still 2 hours is short but it is a prologue...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    $40, i thought Ground Zeroes was going to be $29.99?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    $40, i thought Ground Zeroes was going to be $29.99?
    PS3 and Xbox 360 physical price only. PS4 and Xbox One it's $39.99.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really want it, and I'm sure it'll be great. But that's asking alot. Capcom released a prologue for dead rising 2, and I think it was a couple hours long and five bucks. And that's CAPCOM! Probably will have a some replay value (random enemies). I just hope to get my money's worth.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Plus MGS4 is 20x longer... I'm gonna try to stop shitting all over this. Yeah, it's incredibly overpriced. But, it'll also be incredibly awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Plus MGS4 is 20x longer... I'm gonna try to stop shitting all over this. Yeah, it's incredibly overpriced. But, it'll also be incredibly awesome.
    I will get my $40.00 use out of it and then some. Meanwhile, here I go...

Got a month starting tomorrow before GZ.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Towards the end of Peace Walker atm. Might go out of order and replay MGS3. Maybe even hook up the gamecube for some Twin Snakes (been a long time).

And, speaking of GZ. I went and preordered it earlier today. And they're saying The Phantom Pain could possibly be released by the end of the year. That'd be awesome. Ready to build my own Outer Heaven!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tonight I will finally start Metal Gear Rising. It's been too long. Waiting for Ground Zeroes!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    Tonight I will finally start Metal Gear Rising. It's been too long. Waiting for Ground Zeroes!
    Good game but tricky. Not very easy at all, if you ask me. Parrying it stupidly difficult even though it shouldn't be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Good game but tricky. Not very easy at all, if you ask me. Parrying it stupidly difficult even though it shouldn't be.
    I see. Is the story good even that it's so different than the actual MGS games? To me the main thing in the Metal Gear games has always been the story. I love watching all the videos and stuff. I actually enjoy the videos more than playing, haha.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Next-gen versions of GZ now 30 bucks. Gg konami.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I decided I'm gonna start playing through the Metal Gear franchise from the beginning, starting with Metal Gear included on the HD Collection, and moving my way up to MGS4 (maybe Rising if there's time?). With only a couple weeks until Ground Zeros drops, I'm probably just gonna do a quick "kill people and don't care about being caught once in a while" playthrough just to rehash all the Metal Gear history in my mind and relive some of the parts of the franchise before being balls-deep in GZ for a week straight.

Oh, and now Kojima says not only is The Phantom Pain 200 FUCKING TIMES LARGER than Ground Zeros, as opposed to the previously reported 100x, but he's worried it's too big for fans to complete.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been off and on replaying Peace Walker. Maybe Snake Eater somewhere between now and then. Hopefully the store nearby has a midnight launch. I don't normally do midnight launches, but I would for GZ. Hopefully TPP comes out before the end of the year (not counting on it).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    I see. Is the story good even that it's so different than the actual MGS games? To me the main thing in the Metal Gear games has always been the story. I love watching all the videos and stuff. I actually enjoy the videos more than playing, haha.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, I enjoyed the story. Dealt more with Raiden's past and existence as a human cyborg hybrid. The story takes place in 2018, a few years after MGS4. It still deals with warring Nations and morality. Rising mostly involves PMC and Political overtones.

-

As for The Phantom Pain: I say bring it on. I'll beat it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-05-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    As for The Phantom Pain: I say bring it on. I'll beat it.
    Oh, hell yeah. BRING IT, KOJIMA.

Maybe I'm totally reaching here, but is it too far fetched to think that Kojima maaay be planning on remaking Metal Gear in the not too distant future? I mean, with all this retconning and working from the beginning of the Metal Gear timeline to fill in the story before the first Metal Gear...I feel like sometime in the next few years it could be possible to hear some bit of info about something along those lines. I won't get my hopes up, but it'd be really interesting to see that happen.

Of course, that'd probably come after Rising 2, which I SINCERELY hope Platinum develops...I think they made a Raiden-centric game better than anyone else could have. I'd be fine without a sequel, but if anyone does it, I'd want it to be them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cant reiterate enough how stupid hard this game is. On revengeance mode, 2-3 hits from the weakest enemy will kill you. I like to platinum my games and it hurts to say I will never come close to finishing this game 100%. I can't even imagine beating Monsoon or Armstrong without ever receiving damage.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Cant reiterate enough how stupid hard this game is. On revengeance mode, 2-3 hits from the weakest enemy will kill you. I like to platinum my games and it hurts to say I will never come close to finishing this game 100%. I can't even imagine beating Monsoon or Armstrong without ever receiving damage.
    Same, which is a shame. Then again, this is what people have always been whining about to be seen as an elitist with a "you suck at games with hand holding 8th gen game styles" attitude. They got this hard game to master. I like challenging games, not overly hard. This game is overly hard in the sample that you have to no life the commands in order to pull off even playing it. Precise timing, parrying directions flawless and reaction time on pins and needles.

MGR is harder than mastering 2D fighting game commands, juggles, combos and other inputs to me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tomorrow bitches!