Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Oh for sure - I hand't been thinking that low!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    If you click on the link to buy it under the discography, the URL indeed says 2017 Definitive Edition.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'm interested in a repress, but not a remaster. They got it right on the Blu-ray stereo track, and I'm pretty sure the original vinyl is just cut from that. I think sometimes the Definitive Edition remastering is a step backwards... Kevin Gray cut the 2008 reissue of Downward Spiral from Bob Ludwig's 10th anniversary remastered stereo version, and I don't think the DE is better sounding than that. Gray also cut the original Social Network soundtrack vinyl pressing; it's debatable whether another mastering will yield better results...
    I actually think the 2017 TDS remaster is the only one that sounds objectively worse. There are parts of it that are better, but there's an extreme lack of dynamics in songs like I Do Not Want This, where there are three distinct levels of volume originally, but only two on the 2017 version. It's so compressed in fact, that instead of the track getting louder during the chorus, the instrumental stays the same volume as the pre-chorus and the vocals actually get quieter. For any improvements the 2017 version offers, moments like this detract too heavily for them to provide a net gain over the 10th Anniversary remaster.

I think TSN is perfect the way it is, and I don't see how a remaster could provide anything more to it.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I don't have a GREAT turntable, by any means (it's an entry-level Audio-Technica automatic model with built-in cartridge, though I have upgraded the preamp), kinda noisy output, and not a great stereo soundstage or much treble extension. But weird mastering stuff like that ^ is still VERY apparent when I listen to records on it. A cutting engineer that knows what they're doing can make digital mastering sound great but only if the dynamics aren't already completely squashed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    If you click on the link to buy it under the discography, the URL indeed says 2017 Definitive Edition.
    Clever Girl

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    and already down again. wtf?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    and already down again. wtf?
    haha what the hell is going on?! There must be an official announcement coming soon and all these stores are jumping the gun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    haha what the hell is going on?! There must be an official announcement coming soon and all these stores are jumping the gun.
    That’s exactly it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    and I know this isn't the Quake page but, uh...

today seems like an auspicious day for a store update.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like Rough Trade orders are getting cancelled. But it’s not all bad news.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleas...pening_or_not/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    From Rough Trade on that Social Network OST vinyl re-release...

Sorry, we've had to cancel your order #xxxxxxx

Hi there, We're very sorry to say that the order you placed recently for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's The Social Network OST has been canceled. This version of the release was posted in error late last week, and we have just learned that unfortunately it will not be available to retailers. Rough Trade will be carrying another version of the same album due for release this coming September, and this will be available for preorder on our website as soon as the release details are finalized. In the meantime, rest assured that you have not been charged for the order you placed recently, and we cannot apologize enough for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding. All the best, Rough Trade NYC.

Please note that no payment has been taken for the below.
    Cancelled items

1x The Social Network Ost, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, LPx2 - Black Vinyl
    Released Friday, 24th July 2020
    $36.99
    Shipping $4.33
    Subtotal $36.99
    Total $0.00

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Perhaps there's a NIN store exclusive coming out on 7/24 and then wider release in the fall.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Three have popped up on ebay in the past 12 hours - two of them have been priced very optimistically. I guess some folks have heard about the repress and are trying to cash-in before the news spreads more widely.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    HOW THE HELL DID I MISS ALL OF THIS......alfjkvna;ljfnva;kejrv

Now for the sake of having my cake and eating it too... I wonder if this means Patriots Day is not far behind...
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 06-23-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    while i'm glad it seems like some new (old) stuff is going to be dropping soon, i literally have no money, and i don't know how i'll be able to justify buying ANY of it any time soon.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    while i'm glad it seems like some new (old) stuff is going to be dropping soon, i literally have no money, and i don't know how i'll be able to justify buying ANY of it any time soon.
    Give this person your money!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If the 3LP definitive edition rumors are true, what can we expect for the third LP?
    Tracks from the abandoned remix EP? More outtakes like Dinner With Sean?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Note: there isn’t actually any 3LP rumors going around.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Note: there isn’t actually any 3LP rumors going around.
    https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...n-br-3xlp-span

This link found on the discography section of nin.com was the source of that rumor.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...n-br-3xlp-span

This link found on the discography section of nin.com was the source of that rumor.
    I wouldn’t get my hopes up. That link also has html code like br and span which don’t belong in links.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wouldn’t get my hopes up. That link also has html code like br and span which don’t belong in links.
    Placed on purpose for hype? Wouldn't be the first time TR and crew did something subtle that they knew the community would find.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Placed on purpose for hype? Wouldn't be the first time TR and crew did something subtle that they knew the community would find.
    It’s not subtle. The link is as old as the Patriots Day and Quake, which are still in “coming soon” purgatory.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It’s not subtle. The link is as old as the Patriots Day and Quake, which are still in “coming soon” purgatory.
    *Motion to change The NIN Store thread to ' "coming soon" purgatory '.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 06-24-2020 at 02:04 PM. Reason: I apparently don't remember how to type urls.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fair. Was just excited.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fair. Was just excited.
    Me too. The good news is the catalog number that was leaked with the Rough Trade announcement was unique and in line with other recent TR/NIN vinyl releases. So I believe it physically exists, i just don’t expect more than the original canonical tracklist.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If there is a 3xLP version, it's probably not new stuff, just the original album on three records. Because.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why do I have a feeling this is coming out on Friday?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why do I have a feeling this is coming out on Friday?
    It isn’t.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It isn’t.
    Have more info? Rough Trade said "their" version of the album was coming out in September... doesn't seem too crazy for TR to release theirs first.