Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Which seems pretty surprising.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Which seems pretty surprising.
    If I've lived my life never been punched in the face or choked out I have no reason to believe satire...sorry Satyr never has haha

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I can arrange both when we hang out someday. <3

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    There's only one way conservatives can spin this one and they are all saying the same shit. He was resisting arrest.
    They've come up with another way to spin it.

Peter King Says Eric Garner Would Not Have Died From Chokehold Were He Not Obese

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Ugh, I don't know what makes me more sick to my stomach...the fact that right are trying to legitimize this death or the fact that the left are trying to lump this in with the michael brown death.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The attempt to legitimize the death is by far more disgusting.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Or heartbreaking.

Anyone recall the Fullerton, CA homeless schizophrenic guy who got killed for loitering around a bus stop? It's all on video and audio. Same thing, "I can't breath!" repeatedly, except he was beaten as well. Same feel I'm sure here. I pass on watching.

Fuck the officer. Live in hell.
    I vaguely remember that.

I'm still in disgust over the course of events.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Oh please.... that's like saying If you have the ability to say that you're dying and have stage IV cancer you're still clearly alive...

Please shut the fuck up.
    Yes, if you are dying for cancer and are able to say, "I'm dying"....You are still alive.

I'm simply out of give-a-fucks when it comes to idiots that have no respect for authority causing their own deaths.

If I'm surrounded by 5 cops because I broke the law....Do you know how much yelling and screaming I'd be doing? Absolutely none.

The common factors in all of these cases (the ones getting national attention at least) are #1 - The deceased are caught on tape before their untimely deaths yelling/screaming/thugging. and #2 they are black.

Plenty of unarmed white folks get killed by cops for the same thing....It just doesn't matter because they aren't dark enough.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I vaguely remember that.
    An Orange County jury Monday found two former Fullerton police officers accused of killing a schizophrenic homeless man, Kelly Thomas, not guilty.

The entire incident was captured on tape. It's horrifically graphic and disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    thugging
    I really wish you'd stop breathing.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 12-04-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wishing death on someone because they have a different opinion than you.....Keep it classy Missy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Wishing death on someone because they have a different opinion than you...
    No. It's because you're a racist idiot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    No. It's because you're a racist idiot.
    I think you're confusing me with yourself. You're the one that thinks that people deserve to be treated differently because of how light or dark their skin is. I simply don't care what color someones skin is.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think you're confusing me with yourself.
    The "I'm rubber, you're glue" retort would've sounded more intelligent than this.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Guys...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The "I'm rubber, you're glue" retort would've sounded more intelligent than this.
    Stating facts isn't "I'm rubber, you're glue". I've never wished death on anyone. I don't care what color peoples skin is. I'm leaving those horrible people like yourself.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've never wished death on anyone.
    I'll do it for you. Please stop breathing, you racist idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Guys...

Angelenos who lived through the LA Riots remember that very well. And we also know that Rodney was pretty much coerced into making that statement. (Not like it took much to get someone who'd recently suffered neurological damage to say anything.)
    Last edited by Baphomette; 12-05-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    And we also know that Rodney was pretty much coerced into making that statement. (Not like it took much to get someone who'd recently suffered neurological damage to say anything.)
    I was just trying to curb the fighting

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I was just trying to curb the fighting
    Such the troublemaker, you.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I think you're confusing me with yourself. You're the one that thinks that people deserve to be treated differently because of how light or dark their skin is. I simply don't care what color someones skin is.
    That's the problem though. White people can get away with resisting MUCH more frequently than black people. And seriously, how does resisting arrest justify killing the person?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    ...you have the medical examiner calling it a homicide...
    It was labeled a homicide by the coroner, they labeled it a homicide. ...
    Of course it was called a homicide by the medical examiner. Everyone is using that to try and prove that it was legally a homicide. Those are two very different things.
    http://time.com/3618279/eric-garner-...niel-pantaleo/

But “homicide” in this context doesn’t mean what you think. It’s one of five categories medical examiners use to label causes of death and it indicates that “someone’s intentional actions led to the death of another person,” The other four labels are suicide, accident, natural, and undetermined, Davis says.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm glad you added that, it seems to be the same kind of confusion that theory has in the science world verses the regular world. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Of course it was called a homicide by the medical examiner. Everyone is using that to try and prove that it was legally a homicide. Those are two very different things.
    http://time.com/3618279/eric-garner-...niel-pantaleo/

But “homicide” in this context doesn’t mean what you think. It’s one of five categories medical examiners use to label causes of death and it indicates that “someone’s intentional actions led to the death of another person,” The other four labels are suicide, accident, natural, and undetermined, Davis says.
    the “someone’s intentional actions led to the death of another person” part is exactly what I thought it was... So this cops intentional action of applying a banned choke hold is a contributing factor as indicated by the Coroner, to Garners death. That seems pretty clear. That, coupled with the Coroner not choosing "natural" or "undetermined" as well as a video of this event warrants a criminal investigation... some kind of negligence charge at the very least. And before some of you skoff at even including "natural" as a possible cause, I have seen people echoing Congressman Peter Kings "Well, maybe if he wasn't so obese.... he'd still be alive" line the past few days as well. Not sure what to do with Rand Paul's theory that taxes on cigarettes are a big contributing factor..

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That's just sad. This Peter King sounds like a lunatic. Same guy who requested that Wilson be invited at the W.H.
    How can anyone vote for this guy?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Same guy who requested that Wilson be invited at the W.H.
    What the everliving fuck? I'm a darren wilson supporter 100% but that guy did nothing to warrant any of that kind of attention. That's like me getting invited to meet Obama because I showed up to work and did my job, because thats literally all he did.

People are stupid.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    That's the problem though. White people can get away with resisting MUCH more frequently than black people. And seriously, how does resisting arrest justify killing the person?
    Just curious how you came to that conclusion...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    200+ arrested in NYC last night, btw... Shit is getting way more heated around here. I hope that it doesn't much worse.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Peter King has a history of incendiary remarks, so disregard whatever he says.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2034219

In the Akai Gurley shooting, the officer and his partner decided to text their union representative instead of calling for help. Additionally, there were attempts to reach them after people started making calls to 911, and they didn't answer for over six minutes. Also, the cops weren't even supposed to be doing vertical patrol.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just going to leave this here: